PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious Basterds

Zak
31st August 2009, 07:03 PM
I remember first hearing about it in 2005 or 2006 (before it was officially spelled "Basterds"), and damn, it was epic and worth the wait.

Except, 20 minutes before the end, our theater experienced technical difficulty and had to stop the movie for a half hour to fix stuff! First time I ever had to deal with that, but as frustrating the end was worth the wait too, and I got a free pass.
It's funny, when it got stuck, we saw a bunch of blurry images covered by what looked like a close up roll of film on the side and a huge whirring sound, and at first we thought that was actually supposed to be part of the movie because it was right during the whole thing in the theater and Quentin Tarantino can be weird like that. It seems like everyone else who was at the theater thought that too, because we sat staring at the same weird image and listening to the whirring for at least five minutes before someone went to complain. Seriously not one person left their seat for that long.

Think I might use the free pass for Final Destination 3-D since that's more expensive... anyway discuss IB.

Heald
31st August 2009, 07:14 PM
Hah, that sounded like fun. I can imagine why people thought Tarantino would have done that, considering he did something similar during Grindhouse.

You can probably tell from my new avatar that I enjoyed it. Frankly, I think it is one of the best films of the year. It was funny, intelligent and brilliant.

PNT510
31st August 2009, 08:20 PM
It's the way the war should have ended!

SystematicRevolution
1st September 2009, 01:12 PM
I agree with pants.

It was an excellent film.