PDA

View Full Version : The Epic Fanfic Forum Census

Gavin Luper
1st September 2009, 09:05 AM
Hey y'all.

This is random, but I just thought it would be cool to actually have a place where we can see just how many ficcers we have around here. You know, so we can say things like "Fanfic: now with over 50 writers!"

So, I guess just post and say "yo!" or summat like that. More specifically, you could say whether you're a writer, a reader, a general hanger-on or a mixture of all of these! And feel free to add any information you like: what kind of fics you write, what you like to read, whatever!

Shoop.

So, I'm Gavin Luper and I'm an alcoholic.

classy_cat18
1st September 2009, 09:24 AM
So, I'm Gavin Luper and I'm an alcoholic.

Hi, Gavin.

Anyway, I'm Shonta and I'm a writer. Not much of a reader, but I'm a fan of original Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts fanfiction.

Houndoom_Lover
1st September 2009, 11:13 AM
Hot damn, I'm Wednesday, Houndoom_Lover and I write anything that tickles my fancy. Wish I got more feedback though. I read most anything here, I leave a review sometimes. I usually just want to write "Good job. Keep it up" as a review which more or maynot qualify as spam.

Sike Saner
1st September 2009, 12:59 PM
Hi. I write stories. And read them. :3

Crystal Tears
1st September 2009, 01:12 PM
*appears*

I mostly write, not big into the reading thing... And I write Dark Fantasy... Yep...

*disappears*

Lune the Guardian
1st September 2009, 01:28 PM
Hi. I'm supposed to read and write, but I've been lurking nowadays.

Chris 2.1
1st September 2009, 03:25 PM
Hey, I write, I don't read as much as I should!

Blademaster
1st September 2009, 04:49 PM
I used to write. Still do now and then. Don't read much of anything because I have no desire to. I only stick around this place because it was my first draw to TPM.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
1st September 2009, 04:52 PM
I'm a reader and I reply. It's important.

I also write, but don't post.

DivineAll
1st September 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm mainly a reader, but I'd like to be a writer as well if I can motivated enough to do so.

Jeff
1st September 2009, 08:23 PM
I read exclusively, more so before than now. Right now, the only fic I'm following is Storming Heaven's Gates.

Would be a writer, I even started on a fic, but I'm overwhelmed with projects as it is, so I still haven't finished the first chapter. :heh:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st September 2009, 10:31 PM
I mostly read only the first chapter of a fic and don't post my opinion on it. But as you may have noticed, I like to write songs and poems. I have only one real FanFic May May Come plus a secret santa story. May May Come has extremely short chapters, if you can call those chapters, but only PancaKe commented on it. I do have some plans to write more, but lacking time.

Phoenixsong
1st September 2009, 10:51 PM
I mostly just hang around here in the lounge these days. I did win an award for "Best Reviewer" in the SPs a few years ago, but I don't think I've read any fics here lately; I just haven't had the motivation to do a lot of fiction reading period, I guess. One of these days I'll get back into reading and reviewing, though, and maybe I'll even post a fanfic that's worth reading and won't drop off the face of the earth before I finish it.

mario72486
1st September 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm a silent reader most of the time, choosing not to say anything unless I feel me voice needs to be heard.

I do take part in occasional writing projects of my own design when not involved in other things. The one I've been posting has actually been months and months in the making, working on and off. I have something else lined up once this is finished, but when and if I'm able to work on it ultimately depends on my workload, both at school and on the job. We'll just have to see...

Mewfour
2nd September 2009, 03:04 PM
I'm Mewfour, been here since the very beginning, and have no idea why I"m still here.

Cadmus
3rd September 2009, 01:11 AM
It's Cadmus, bitch.

Hehehe. Sorry, had to do that. :P

I'm a writer.

Drago
3rd September 2009, 04:37 AM
I'm a writer; the kind who leaves his stuff for months and then randomly returns to it. Technically, I have four fics in limbo. I would really like to read more, and whenever I do I'm really quite immersed (usually this happens when I'm required to read by a contest), but I don't do enough of it to be able to fairly claim I'm a reader.

gameboyfan
3rd September 2009, 09:18 AM
glad to see some writers on this forum. this forum has some really good educated people in it.

Weasel Overlord
3rd September 2009, 01:21 PM
Weaslor here, and I'm a writer. Mostly, I write fantasy, but I'm trying to branch out into... less fantasy, with more of a basis in reality. Basically, fantasy set in the real world, with a focus on heavy detail. Oh, I also write poetry. Occasionally...

Lately, however, my writing has been limited to Supernatural fanfiction, which probably isn't safe for posting on here, which is why I've been sort of absent lately. ^_^;;

Also, I should read more fics on here... but I don't. And even the ones I DO read, it takes me ages to catch up on them.

Dragonfree
5th September 2009, 10:29 AM
I write, but unfortunately I don't really read anymore. I need to fix that. (Been meaning to read Chris's newer stuff for aaaaages, seriously. His was the first proper fanfic I ever read and the fact I just so happened to land on somebody who actually finished the fic and several more and is still writing is absolutely miraculously lucky. Plus that he keeps winning all these awards that seem to make it clear it's well worth reading.)

Well, I do read threads in the Writers' Lounge. And the E-zine, though I never comment.

Lady Vulpix
5th September 2009, 01:11 PM
Yo!

You should try to give up alcohol, Gavin. It's not good for you. ^_~

I'm a writer, a reader, a hanger-out and just about everything else in here. All I need is the time to prove it.

eevee-shayna
5th September 2009, 07:55 PM
Sporadic Writer