PDA

View Full Version : Am I the youngest one on TPM?

Adrenaline
1st September 2009, 07:27 PM
Alright this has been dying to come out, but is anyone yonger than me. I just started highschool today. I am fourteen, anyone younger than me? I wanna know cuz I dont wanna be the baby of the forums.

Knight of Time
1st September 2009, 07:36 PM
Sometimes people even younger than you tend to come on here, but they rarely post, so I guess you are among the youngest here, Adrenaline. But it's nothing you should worry about, I mean, when I first came here, I was 17, when you see someone that registered as early as me who was pretty young at the time, it'd surprise you to see how much they've gotten older after so many years here.

Master Rudy
1st September 2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it man. I was a month shy of 15 when I joined TPM. I just turned 24 about a week and a half ago. Age is just a number man. As long as your not acting like a jerk to others I doubt it'll really matter to anyone how old/young you are ^_~

Celebi
1st September 2009, 08:01 PM
It's alright, Adrenaline, I'm the same age as you. :) So you aren't the only one. But you should listen to MasterRudy and Knight of Time. Age doesnt matter, as long as you aren't a jerk.

Kurosakura
1st September 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm 17, which is just about the same age you are, so it's no biggie. :P

Clark
1st September 2009, 08:06 PM
I was a sophmore in HS when I started posting here. :p

Katie
1st September 2009, 08:09 PM
A person who was 6 years old when I registered here is now in highschool and posting here as well.

FEELIN SO OLD

SystematicRevolution
1st September 2009, 08:21 PM
I was around 12 whenever I first started posting here. I am 21 now and am feeling rather old...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st September 2009, 10:18 PM
If I remember correctly, a seven-year old kid once made a "Hi I'm new!" thread.

SystematicRevolution
1st September 2009, 10:22 PM
You're right. I remember that.

Zak
1st September 2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah I remember... Happy Hoppip, was it? He had a brother in ASB I think...

shazza
1st September 2009, 11:02 PM
I was 11 when I joined this forum, and now I'm 20.

Lilly2000 was 7 or 8 when she first joined. Now, she'd be like 16 or so :lookout: :yum:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st September 2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah, Happy Hoppip was the name. Information confirmed.

I myself was 16 when I joined, it seems everyone is posting that. I was too old for Pokemon even back then, according to my "friends".

Crystal Mew
1st September 2009, 11:08 PM
I was 15 I think when I joined tpm, now I'm 23 :cry:

I feel sooooo old

firepokemon
1st September 2009, 11:10 PM
LOL Lily2000. So very young and her english wasn't good. But I was always nice and friendly to her like I was with all young and sweet naive TPM members.

Crazy Elf Boy
1st September 2009, 11:28 PM
I was 15 almost 16 when I joined these forums, but now I am 19 so I really think that I am kind of in the middle. More like the weird creepy teenager who is rarely seen and only comes out to feed. Rather then the hyperactive little kid bouncing off the walls cause they have had a glass of red cordial or the older sophiticated people with top hats and monocles rating the wine they are drinking.

Drago
2nd September 2009, 04:10 AM
Most of the people here are jaded, bitter old folks. We don't like to hear about the young'uns!! Was 13 when I lumbered in... 21 now, but not really feeling that old. More... veteran-ish than old, I guess. Like I'm just more wizened and such.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
2nd September 2009, 05:01 AM
I was 24 when I joined, now I'm 32 and I still feel like 18. That's how you do it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd September 2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, it's TPM that keeps us young.

Unbraced
2nd September 2009, 08:46 AM
Sorry Adrenaline, but at 13, i'm the baby of the forum

Knight of Time
2nd September 2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah I remember... Happy Hoppip, was it? He had a brother in ASB I think...

I thought Happy Hoppip was a ...

Nonetheless, he/she did have a brother in ASB, MegaMewtwo, I seem to recall they made a few tag team battles where they battled together against a couple of opponents, but I don't recall any of those battles going too far.

Magmar
2nd September 2009, 11:34 AM
I was 13 when I joined. I'm now 23.

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 11:41 AM
I was round about 14, now I have the eighteens all over me :3 Awww, you're a baaaby! *makes home from school muffins*

Adrenaline
2nd September 2009, 01:54 PM
From what you guys are saying, it helpsalot. Thank you. And with that thought, I need more help. This WILL make half of you groan, and i a sorry bout that. But TPM is my escape, my second home, and with that, I feel like I can talk to you guys about problems and such. If you have a problm with anything i just said or am about to say, just say so. Now to get to the point, I started my FIRST day of HIGHSCHOOL yesterday. >.< and i need tips on how to survive it.

Please and thank you
~Nate

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 02:43 PM
Dude, don't sweat that chiv. Be yourself, make friends you won't be ashamed of because you're being yourself :3 Skip a few homework asighments, don't worry about standardized tests and start looking for a University/ Higher eduation now...

Kurosakura
2nd September 2009, 02:48 PM
High school is full of drama llamas and sluts and dumb jocks trying to figure out whose man part is bigger than the other guy's. Even though these will be arguably the best years of your life, there is the epic fail drama llama. Even though you may not be directly affected by the drama llama and stay away from the drama llama at all costs, YOU WILL have a friend that has been infected with it. It is inevitable.

ANYWAYS! Time management, arriving on time to classes, remember where your classes are, etc etc. You need those in order to pass. Actually, arriving on time to class can be negligible, if you're like 10 seconds late. You can't really "survive" high school, just endure it, really. Make some friends to hang out with. All that jazz.

Anyways, Houndy's right and she beat me to the punch. If you're not being yourself, then you're just as bad as the rest of the people who blindly follow whatever they're taught at birth. You have a brain, use it!

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 02:57 PM
Oh lord, if highschool was the best years of my life, I'd kill myself. Though I did make the bestest best friends whom I miss very much TwT We're all seperated now and I await their mail in my mail box. I stop and check every day, even though I just got a PObox....

But yes, as Kurosa was saying about sluts, stay away from the opposite genders breeding parts! No one needs to be getting knocked up in highschool! Don't do drugs! They'll be plenty of time for that later.

ChobiChibi
2nd September 2009, 03:15 PM
I was 13 when I joined, I'm now nearly 20. I remember my newbie days in ASB, they were so awesome XD

Haha, if you think high school is scary, just wait until Uni XD All of a sudden you have to pay for things by yourself, feed yourself, live with a bunch of strange people, get on with studying and have a decent social life.

High school will be awesome. I had such great fun at my British equivalent, you'll make friends for life there :3

Rossymore
2nd September 2009, 03:29 PM
I was 14 when I joined but now...I'm 15. :eek:
Don't worry about it Adrenaline, we can go on their lawns and they can do nothing. ;D

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 03:30 PM
"You damn kids, get off my lawn!"

toucheiruka
2nd September 2009, 04:11 PM
I was 11 when I joined and now I'm 20, time sure does fly by when you leave your first forum.

damn it time......

Zak
2nd September 2009, 04:20 PM
I just noticed something in the first post here that I didn't before. High school? Gee, and I thought I was older than most of you upon registration. I was in middle school when I joined.

Adrenaline
2nd September 2009, 05:21 PM
Alight I am really glad I started this thread.

Alright Kuro and Houndy:
I am no guy that wants to get blown so bad that I end up screwing myself by getting somone preggo. I have some diginity. :D And yeah what I think you said really helps. I am starting to get a feel where my friends are. The only thing I am worried about is it is betwen two clicks, (the popular people and the ghetto clan. just dont ask. its for your own good) but i am not too worried about it. I get along really good with other people in real life. You could say I am the "nice and honest guy" in my class.

And everyone else:
Yeah I am starting to get a sense that I am just like everyone else here. Everyone seems to primarily star at TPM aroud 13-17, so I am good on that.

Heald
2nd September 2009, 05:31 PM
Don't worry about it, I know how bad it can be to start at a new school for the first time. I used to beat the shit out of those freshers all the time.

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 05:44 PM
Don't worry about clicks, in fact, avoid them like the plague. My friends called our table the rebound table in middle school, and by the time we got to high scool, the lackadazy losers all ban together and the creepy preppy people stuck together, while the rest of us knew each other well. Clicks ruin everything.

I'm personally open to everyone. Treat everyone the same, I say. ^w^ Forums have such a lure to the young! We have candy

Kurosakura
2nd September 2009, 05:48 PM
Cliques are... pretty much unneeded really. It's nice to have a lot of friends, I guess, but don't identify yourself with one group more than another, because you tend to find friends in more than one group. I'd like to say "STAY AWAY FROM THE POPULAR PEOPLE!" since I find them disdainful most of the time, but that's just me.

Adrenaline
2nd September 2009, 06:45 PM
I completely agree with your theory with the popular. I should have clarified myself. I only hang out with a few select people. The other half ar bithches

shazza
2nd September 2009, 07:15 PM
I was in my final year of Primary School (Elementary School for American's) when I first joined, now I'm in my final year of my Bachelor's (but I highly doubt the end of my education!)

Popularity is so superficial in the long run. I spent my first couple years of High School (Year 7 - 12) trying to be recognised and popular that it screwed up my priorities. I started focussing less on grades and more on attention. I guess during 2001-2002 was my most lonelist time, and TPM and the internet was an outlet; an addiction. I'm still certain I suffer some Internet Addiction Disorder - developed as a child who escaped the death of his mother, unhappiness at school etc.

Also, what's with so many old members re-registering and confusing me with their new names? Toucheiruka? SystematicRevolution (Nate)?

Adrenaline
2nd September 2009, 08:10 PM
Okay for anyone that doesnt know, my name IRL is nate. so if you see me call myself nate, nathan etc, from time to time, just know it is my IRL name. But you can call me Adrenaline, Adren all the same

Magmar
2nd September 2009, 08:24 PM
I'm Barry! I could care less about :126:, ohoho

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd September 2009, 10:25 PM
Hey, good luck with high school! Here in Finland, we call that school lukio and usually go there from the age of 16 to the age of 18. I loved lukio, and have dreamt of going back there some day. Now my dream is going to be fullfilled because the same day my Japanese course begins I'm going to take some classes from Raudaskylän Lukio. Yeah, I may not get my wonderful days in Haapaveden Lukio back, but I hope I can make new friends and have it even better in Raudaskylä.

I'll even check if Raudaskylän Lukio has its own message board like Haapaveden Lukio has!