PDA

View Full Version : Breeding

CadoAngelus
2nd September 2009, 05:05 AM
I've just starting breeding pokemon to trade with some of my friends and family. And keeping in mind this game is generally aimed at a child audience, the pokemon don't half breed like frikkin' rabbits lol

i found it slightly funny, and partly frustrating. I DON'T WANT 50 POKEMON OF THE SAME TYPE lol

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd September 2009, 07:44 AM
What's wrong with 50 Pokemon of the same type? Have you heard of a monotype challenge? You could even keep lots of different 'accounts' if you have more than one Game Boy Advance/Nintendo DS. Sorry, but I myself have both GBA and GBA SP and have played both Ruby and Sapphire and had a decent collection in both games.

CadoAngelus
2nd September 2009, 09:41 AM
fair enough. i've got the GBA and NDS...with pearl and ruby

so what exactly is the monotype challenge?

Telume
2nd September 2009, 10:22 AM
Monotype: 1 type

Basically: Build a team of the same type and beat the game with it I guess?

Like an all-water team or an all-flying team....

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd September 2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah, you can find MTC's in the RSE or GSC departement. I'm not sure if there's a topic for MTC in Diamond and Pearl yet.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
2nd September 2009, 12:27 PM
Well if you don't want Pokémon of the same type you should hand over different Pokémon to do the breeding. Or you just breed lots of Eevee and evolve them into different Pokémon. An Eevee-only team sounds like fun.

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 01:21 PM
I remember the day when you could breed a Jolteon with a Flaafy and get a Piachu. Remember those days? I wish breeding was randomer...Instead of making so many gosh darn new ones, they should focused on crossbreeds :3

*plops down a Ditto and a Snubbull and Houndour* Go to town *closes my eyes and turns around*

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
2nd September 2009, 03:10 PM
I don't mind new Pokémon really. I hope they will finally make a male counterpart of Kangaskhan. And they could toss in a baby Kangaskhan to go along with too, I mean they already sit in their mothers' pouches anyway, so they might as well give them their own number in the Pokédex.

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 03:22 PM
No, no, I like the new pokemon, I was just saying :3 They should have crossbreeds....

I know!!! I thought when they were introducing babies, it be the first one! Its really creepy that it hatches with a baby...really. Creepy.

Kurosakura
2nd September 2009, 03:34 PM
Asexual reproduction? That made me go lolwut at first glance. It makes no sense whatsoever.

CadoAngelus
2nd September 2009, 04:04 PM
No, no, I like the new pokemon, I was just saying :3 They should have crossbreeds....

I know!!! I thought when they were introducing babies, it be the first one! Its really creepy that it hatches with a baby...really. Creepy.

same types though, otherwise it'd get really weird - Pikachu + Charmander = Pikander

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/rapchill/pikander2.png

Knight of Time
2nd September 2009, 04:26 PM
Meh, if it came to breeding, one Pokemon I absolutely would want to see would be a pre-evolution of Tauros and Miltank, after all, they are cattle Pokemon (male and female, respectively), so having a calf Pokemon that could be 50/50% for either gender would mean that depending on what gender it was, it could evolve into either of these two Pokemon, e.g. a male calf could evolve into a Tauros, and a female calf could evolve into a Miltank. Either way, the calf should have a moveset that works well for either gender, even if it's only basic (e.g. just Tackle).

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but Pikander is made of win XD Go, Pikander Volt Wheel! Or Flame Tackle!

And I like the calf idea, it be all dewy and wide eyed...I think Mew should be covered in goo...since its a fetus.

CadoAngelus
3rd September 2009, 08:21 PM
Cheers ^_^

Volt Wheel sounds a bit like Shock Wave, but Flame Tackle sounds ultimate...it'd be like, a double attack on grass types, normal damage plus weakness damage, take 3 quarters of their health off =P

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 09:39 AM
Plus you're burned and paralize! And then Pikamander steals your wife, eats your childen and removes all but one botton from your favorite shirt XD

That monster.

I say, we legalize Pikamander

CadoAngelus
10th September 2009, 11:42 AM
sounds nasty. could be the ultimate dark pokémon

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 05:20 PM
F' Yeah! That's it, I'm buying the rights to the next move.

Pokemon Movie 84
Pikamander: The final battle

You can buy your tickets now

CadoAngelus
11th September 2009, 04:27 AM
lulz