PDA

View Full Version : Where do comics belong?

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, I really shouldn't post this. It'll knock down the census of epicness from front viewing, and I don't want that, but I was curious as to where TPM thinks comics belong.

Fan comics. Ya know, I think they belong in Fanfiction. When I heard Fanart, I think of Pop Art. Same thing really. But a comic usually has a plot and stuff...hmmm.

(And on that note, anyone on dA here? ^_^ I'm hosting a touranment...)

classy_cat18
2nd September 2009, 01:52 PM
Seeing that Fanfic is the home of War of the Forums, I'm sure your comic will be welcome here too.

Houndoom_Lover
2nd September 2009, 01:54 PM
No, no, I know ^_^ It was just a general open dissciuous that I felt like starting :3 Like pros and cons and whatnot.

ChobiChibi
2nd September 2009, 02:36 PM
Well, the thing with comics is that primarily they are art... Yeah, you get the plot and whatnot, but it's different because you're representing actions and emotions of the characters by drawing them, not writing them. There's something more appealing about comics for this reason. It's not text heavy and you can get more across in a single picture than you can in a thousand words...

This is why I have so much manga and only a handfull of books 8D

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd September 2009, 10:43 PM
Perhaps mr_pikachu's War of the Forums was here because its main characters were FanFiccers.

Houndoom_Lover
3rd September 2009, 04:07 PM
When ever I think of fan art, I think of single scenes and stuff, comics have all of that plotty nuggerty goodness which makes them fiction, which is why they end up here though- like Chobi said, they're art though...I guess it just depends on how the person feels about it.

For all intensive purposes, comic is fiction :3 With pretty pictures

Mhhmh, mhmh, that they were, Mika- I never did finish reading it XS Blargy!

Comics almost need their own section, with them being so wonky.