PDA

View Full Version : Gahh, the pain!

classy_cat18
4th September 2009, 10:59 PM
Goddamn wisdom teeth...

I didn't have problems with them until I was about 21 or 22, but ever since then, every now and then, one of them gives me hell. Right now, I can't eat, can't drink, can hardly function without pain meds...argh!

What's worse is I can't afford to have them removed, even if I had insurance!

Does anyone else have this problem? Or did? How was it like for you?

firepokemon
4th September 2009, 11:10 PM
Just a few months ago I was getting constant pain from one of my teeth to the extent that it was pushing my other teeth. Like you I didn't want to spend money to get them removed. I took plenty of paradex and paracetemol till eventually the pain went away. Sometimes it comes back and I can get slight pain but otherwise they're fine. I didn't actually get my wisdom teeth till last year. So I was rather late in that regard.

SystematicRevolution
4th September 2009, 11:12 PM
My wisdom teeth came in when I was eighteen and I've had no problems. I'm a minority though.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th September 2009, 11:35 PM
I have cancelled about four times my next dentist. Always something appears.

Zak
4th September 2009, 11:45 PM
My wisdom teeth came in when I was eighteen and I've had no problems. I'm a minority though.

^^^^

Crystal Mew
4th September 2009, 11:51 PM
Eh, my dentist told me I need my wisdom teeth out but I'm not getting them out till I absolutely have to.

A year ago I did get cavities filled though, and it still hurts to eat on them :( supposedly the white fillings make your teeth super sensitive..ugh.

to solve your problem, go to mexico. not kidding..dentistry is cheap down there. I have friends who got their wisdom teeth pulled down there..would never do it personally though haha

Telume
5th September 2009, 01:29 AM
Although Wisdom teeth are annoying, I haven't had to pull them out yet, what's more only one has popped out. I need braces though and it looks like if I want to get them I WILL have to.

Knight of Time
5th September 2009, 08:00 AM
I had my wisdom teeth removed in November of 2006, it definitely can be a painful process, but if you manage to go to sleep easily when they give you that shot that makes you fall asleep, it can make the process a little easier (not a whole lot easier, I'm afraid). For me, I was lucky that mine came out easily...but the pain definitely took a few days to get over.

Hope you can get yourself out of your rough spot someday, wisdom teeth pain (and the potential removal) really sucks.

Katie
5th September 2009, 12:53 PM
I got mine out about 4 years ago, apparently I had one of the best experiences I've heard of though. Got em yanked, was stoned out for a few hours (I believe I tried to talk to someone on AIM but couldn't find the enter key and gave up), took a nap, had a milkshake, took my meds. Meds gave me a horrible tummyache. Stopped taking meds. Healed. Happy teeth. :)

Telume
5th September 2009, 12:56 PM
Katie, you're one of the few I've heard that hasn't had an unpleasant experience. One of my friends told me he spent his time drinking uhhh, what was it salt water? or something?

classy_cat18
5th September 2009, 01:11 PM
Warm saltwater, which I'm trying. I've also heard that you can use lemon flavoring or even whiskey (as long as you don't swallow).

*looks at bottle of Jack Daniels* Maybe it'd be less painful if I was drunk on my ass.

What's worse is this sore throat that accompanies the sore tooth. Even if I do get something in my mouth, swallowing's another problem. Someone put me outta my misery!

Telume
5th September 2009, 01:55 PM
No! Mercy killing is not the answer, don't do it!

Clark
5th September 2009, 02:06 PM
Haven't gotten mine out, but my friend's dentist is hard up for new patients since the economy sucks so much that he's willing to do my work for free that my insurance won't cover. woo woo

Jeff
5th September 2009, 02:39 PM
Got mine out a few years ago. Whatever they had me on prevented me from driving for the next couple of days, I also missed being able to eat solid food.

Blademaster
5th September 2009, 05:43 PM
I have a big mouth. Wisdom teeth are nothing but extra food insurance for me. :)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th September 2009, 08:37 AM
I think I'm going to have to get them pulled eventually. My dentist already told me. Lucky that Belgium has a great social security system, which allows you to pay a small amount of money for anything medical.

Number1ChanseyFan
10th September 2009, 09:42 PM
My wisdom teeth were a little annoying, but nothing major. They came in a little early, like right around when I was turning 17. It took almost a year for them to come in all the way though, they would kinda of poke through a little and then they wouldn't do anything for awhile and the gum would grow over them, then they would move a little more. So yeah, it was a little sore/irritating, but nothing bad, and nothing that a dentist had to take care of. I am sorry to hear about yours though. :(

Actually, the only problem I really ever had with my teeth involved two baby teeth, my bottom two canine teeth had to be pulled when I was 14, because my adult teeth didn't push them out for some reason, and they were starting to come in on the inside so I wold have had like double canine teeth on the bottom lol.

Knight of Time
10th September 2009, 09:53 PM
My wisdom teeth were a little annoying, but nothing major. They came in a little early, like right around when I was turning 17. It took almost a year for them to come in all the way though, they would kinda of poke through a little and then they wouldn't do anything for awhile and the gum would grow over them, then they would move a little more. So yeah, it was a little sore/irritating, but nothing bad, and nothing that a dentist had to take care of.

Funny, I could have sworn when I had my wisdom teeth, the gums covered at least 1 of them as well in my case, too. Lucky for me I went to the best local professional to get them out.

Houndoom_Lover
12th September 2009, 02:06 PM
I don't think I have Wisdom teeth, if I do, they're really small. I don't think my tiny jaw could hold such things.

Rip 'em out!! I'll do it for free *holding up a pair of rusty pilers*

Magmar
17th September 2009, 10:12 AM
Nothing compares to the excruciating pain that is wisdom teeth growing in... EXCEPT THE VOICE OF THE BITCH THAT NARRATES BRIDEZILLAS. I want a camel spider to eat her vocal chords out.

Anyways in Rhode Island if you don't have parents you can get RICare until you turn 18. I turned 18 in 2004 so I was insured until the end of 2004. I got my wisdom teeth out on December 30th like a smart cookie :D then... partied on new years.

Storm_Lord
17th September 2009, 01:51 PM
I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out when I was sixteen. I was put under anesthetics so I never felt a thing. I was supposed to go back to school in three days though ended up taking two weeks off and it was the best two weeks of my life (at that time).