PDA

View Full Version : facebook style chat

Clark
5th September 2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.cometchat.com/

Not everyone goes to binary district, so I posted this here. A forum I go to implemented this and I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

Since not everyone can be on msn/aim 24/7 I thought maybe if we could all chip in to get this here, it would help stimulate activity.

Let's to chat with everyone on your friends list, make new friends, etc. http://www.cometchat.com/features

Hopefully if there is a large enough interest, we can convince the admins to add this. Its $49 for basic and $79 for brand-removing.

Since most of us are adults now, donations between a bunch of us would make it a reality. :)

I'm willing to throw $15 into the pile.

Knight of Time
5th September 2009, 11:24 AM
Wait, is this like ummmm, only that we have to pay to use it?

Clark
5th September 2009, 11:30 AM
It's like an instant message, but on the forums. Facebook has it...If you don't have FB...I'm pretty sure Myspace has a similar setup and Gaia Online(I think has it too, don't quote me, I don't go there, just think they do).

Knight of Time
5th September 2009, 11:43 AM
Oh yeah, the chat function that Facebook uses...it's pretty good to use, but unfortunately some people can be hard to reach on it while they're online (and not shown to be "idle"). I'm not sure if that would work well with TPM since we have visitor messages and private messages, but you never know. Other than that, I think you're going to need some input from at least one of the moderators here, and/or from Suzie, Zak, Andrew, or Gabi on this, just to see what any of them think of this idea.

Kurosakura
5th September 2009, 11:54 AM
I personally dislike the instant Facebook and Gaia chats. It uses so much memory and lags me pretty badly sometimes.

Telume
5th September 2009, 12:34 PM
We already have a chat, it's in my signature.

It's just that no one really uses it.

And if you're too lazy to click my signature, just go to www.pokemasters.tk

And click Chat, it's there too.

Oh and not to mention it's provided totally free of charge.

shazza
5th September 2009, 10:52 PM
I like the idea because it's using our actual TPM usernames for chat, rather than third party applications such as IRC or AIM. Since everyone would instantly have access to it, it would provide far more efficient communication.

Katie
7th September 2009, 06:47 PM
The thing about Facebook Chat and AIM is that only your friends can talk to you; here you could be bugged by anyone. Dislike.

Wouldn't put money toward it personally, sorry. :(

Zak
7th September 2009, 06:58 PM
What would be cool is if TPM had a chat feature on the forums directly, like Facebook does. Didn't Chris try that with IPHQ at one point?

Then again I have no clue about what it takes to do that.

Magmar
7th September 2009, 07:33 PM
WOW, I clicked the chat link, and voila, I'm talking to Vash!Woots to Telume, I now have a new stoned amusement source. See we don't need a new one :)