PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Drugs (This is a mature poll and not about Pokemon)

shazza
7th September 2009, 11:57 AM
Hello friends.

I am posting a poll. Please answer all the following questions accordingly. This could be a debate in Misc, but I feel PCG is severely lacking in the polls department.

1) What illegal drugs do you do/have you done?
2) Is there any illegal drugs you would like to do?
3 Do you take any prescription medication?
4) Do you consume the legal recreational drug, alcohol?
5) What is your stance on the legislation of marijuana?
6) What about other drugs? Do you feel the war against illicit drugs has been successful?
7) Do you find yourself addicted to anything? (Not just drugs)

My answers:

1) I've smoked marijuana numerous times, and have tried ecstasy three times. I've stopped smoking weed lately for personal reasons. As for ecstasy, the first time was awesome, the second and third weren't that enjoyable - I don't think they were MDMA based.

2) LSD and mushrooms appeal to me in a way, but at the same time I fear my psyche/subconscious just isn't stabalised for it.

3) I do not, but I've contemplated it. Benzos for anti-anxiety (although compared to many other cases, mine is minor) seems tempting at times. There's also these smart drugs, such as Piracetam, that seem cool. But there's this part of me that really doesn't want to take these legal, albeit potentially dangerous and addictive drugs.

4) Yes. I feel it makes me live more for the now, and this time last year, I was drinking multiple times a week. I have a bit of an addictive personality. But I'm sick of how it numbs the brain, so I've cut down substantially. Also, I get really mental hangovers with vast regret. I foresee my future enjoying alcohol in moderation, as being tipsy seems to be my most enjoyable state.

5) Weed itself is a harmless drug, far more safer than alcohol (or even caffeine), and I feel there is more reasons to legalise it than not. I once had a theory (while high) that people should pass a series of mental and intelligence tests before they are able to legally recreationally use it. I don't think it makes people stupid, it's only the stupid people that get stupid. It's how you use weed.

Howver, marijuana makes you more in tune with your subconscious; the emotions you feel underneath your conscious ego are heightened and become more self-aware; if you are an axnious person usually, then you will be prone to paranoia.

6) It has been a failure in the most part. More education is needed.

7) Despite my use of alcohol and marijuana, I feel I've never been addicted to them to the point of withdrawal symptoms. As history has shown, I've just tended to binge on them when the occasion has arisen.

However, I do have an addiction - the Internet. It eats away my time, allows me to procrastinate for hours on end, makes me late for essays; I use it as an escape and I get extremely severe mental withdraw symptoms if I can't access it while at home. I've tried on multiple occasions to cut my use down, but, as can be seen here, I'm posting a poll at nearly 3am when I should be working on my already overdue essay.

Goodnight.

Heald
7th September 2009, 12:15 PM
Weed (all varieties and strengths), LSD, ecstasy, ketamine, mushrooms, probably some others that I don't care to mention
I don't actively look for drugs to do. I often get recommended by a friend. I guess that says a lot about the company I keep.
No.
I think most people of the forum can testify that I am a borderline alcoholic.
Pretty much everyone who is worth anything has done it, or has at least been in a position to have done it. I don't believe you should try it just for the sake of it. Whenever you ask a politician about their stance on weed, they're all like 'Hey, I did some things as a kid, everyone has, so now I know we should ban it'. Horseshit. You're no better than the people you demonise. I believe it ought to be legalised. All controlling it does is criminalise perfectly normal people who don't believe the government has the right to tell them what to do, plus as far as this drug goes, the war was lost long ago. Legalise it and at least free police time to go catch the real criminals, and taxing it wouldn't be a bad idea either.
6) What about other drugs? Do you feel the war against illicit drugs has been successful?
Meh, governments honestly have no clue (except the Dutch government) on how to fight a war on drugs. No, the war on drugs isn't working. I'm honestly not sure about legalising the real fucked-up drugs like crystal meth, crack cocaine, heroin. On one hand, the government shouldn't tell people what to do, but on the other hand, these drugs can really fuck people up.
I'm not addicted to anything. I've never had an addictive personality.

Lady Vulpix
7th September 2009, 01:10 PM
None. You're not surprised, are you?
None. I value my health and my mind to much to try them.
3) Do you take any prescription medication?
Sometimes, when I need it. Not permanently. But since I tend to have low blood pressure there are times in the year when I need to take some drops every day to get it back to normal.
I join a toast every now and then, but other than that, no. I don't like the taste nor the smell of alcohol, so even though I know one glass won't get me drunk, I just don't feel attracted to it.
I'm not sure. I don't know exactly what long-term effects it has. I do know some people who take it and it doesn't seem to have changed their lives, but if selling it becomes legal, it could open the door to far worse things. That, and those of us who don't want to smoke it would have to put up with the smoke almost everywhere, just like with cigarettes. If it really doesn't hurt much, I think it's OK if people have a plant at home and smoke it in private, but I wouldn't want to see it commercialized openly.
I think it's been a big failure so far. There are too many people in high places with a hand in it, while kids die every day after a short life of crime dedicated to getting their next dose of paco, cocaine or whatever.
Tea. There's no denying that, I feel something's missing if I don't get a few cups a day. But I don't really mind because it doesn't seem to hurt me as long as I don't drink it after 10 PM (there's always chamomile and other infusions I can drink at night that won't keep me awake all night long).

Zak
7th September 2009, 05:01 PM

Just smoked weed once or twice. And I guess drinking underage but that's arguably something separate from drugs. And I'm not sure if it's illegal, but we once got high on laughing gas, it was weird.

I don't know, maybe out of sheer curiosity, but I'd probably try something once. I'd be shit-scared to though. I mean, after hearing about what something supposedly does it's enough to arouse curiosity as it's hard to fathom having never done it. For the sake of an answer, shrooms, for instance... seem like they'd be interesting. Though I don't even like regular mushrooms, so it would be hard. I don't think I'd ever see myself using ecstasy, though. The concept of it and what it does (by that I mean what it's supposed to do, not the negative side effects) scares the shit out of me.

I haven't in years, I used to up until freshman year of high school, I don't remember the name or what exactly it was for, some psychological thing.

Of course, but like I said, it's separate from drugs.

I don't really care. The few times I've had it I wasn't really feeling the full effect of it. Maybe it wasn't good or I was doing it wrong, but to me right now it just seems like some plant that happens to be illegal. Couldn't really care less.

It's definitely far from successful. But I don't really care, I only drink. The war against underage drinking hasn't been successful in the least either.

Dr. Pepper.

Fett One
7th September 2009, 07:24 PM
I have never done drugs.

I'm not interested in doing drugs.

Yes. I suffer from an under active thyroid, so I have to take a medication to keep my thyroid levels normal.

No, I don't drink.

I think it should be legalized because it's less harmful than alcohol, plus the government can make a ton of money off of taxing it, instead of spending a ton of money policing it. Even if it is legalized, I still wouldn't do it.

I don't think it's been successful.

Pizza since I eat that a lot.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th September 2009, 10:35 PM
None, sorry. I did live in Haapavesi, though. They say it had kinda troubled situation when it came to drugs.

Not really, I'm most worried of the side effects.

Oh yes. I take some psychiatric medication. That's one more reason why I won't try drugs, the side effects would kill me.

Never. I have tasted it about 3 times and it didn't taste too good. I was a bit like drunk last time, and don't want to do that again.

Problematic question. It's easy for me to say no because I'm not an addict.

Well there's a lot of matters to discuss. Like I said, the situation is problematic. Take Mexico for example.

TPM!!!!

abunaidesu
7th September 2009, 10:56 PM
Marijuana.

I would love to try ecstasy at least once.

I sure do. :)

Religiously.

It would be great for the economy. The superfluous amount of money and resources wasted on catching those who illegally use marijuana could instead be contributed to education and other relevant issues.

The war against illict drugs is akin to prostitution. The more you fight it, the stronger it'll get.

No.

The_Missing_Link
7th September 2009, 11:52 PM

Never done anything. I'm as square as a square can be

Not really. I'm too afraid/uninterested in finding out how I would act in an altered state. I wouldn't be surprised if I started freaking out

Yeah, I take something for intestinal issues but it has no side effects (at least for me)

Not really. I'll take a few sips here and there but the taste of alcohol has always been a turn off. The only thing I can tolerate is Smirnoff Ice

I'm all for using it medicinally since it has been proven to help cancer patients or those with symptoms that marijuana can help (nausea, lack of appetite, anxiety, etc.). Otherwise, I don't really care that it's illegal since I don't use it

I think it's a war that can never be won. The police can arrest as many people as they want and take drugs off the streets but it will never end. It's an endless cycle since people find different ways to transport drugs across the borders all the time

Used to be addicted to World of Warcraft but I canceled my account in July. I'm coming back for two months starting mid September but after that, I'm done until the next expansion comes out

Kurosakura
8th September 2009, 12:17 AM

I've had small amounts of vodka, beer, and champagne, if that counts. I'm underage.

Nope.

Not currently.

No drug is legal for me, and no.

I think they should do it. That would help hurt illegal drug dealing and and hopefully help stabilize the economy. Not to mention, the government could put a sin tax on it and get some decent revenue.

Stuff like PCP and LSD? No, but at least legalize weed. It's so easy to get, and dealers make millions off of it. No, I don't think the war's been successful. Looks like a waste of time, effort, and energy to me.

Sugar.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th September 2009, 11:33 AM

No, not a single time.

No, I don't see a sound reason in it.

Again ... no.

I drink a glass of beer every two weeks in average, that's it more or less.

Should remain illegal unless prescribed as medicine.

Well it's a big failure, there are too many countries where the government just turns a blind eye on the production and distribution. Unless that changes there's no way to win it.

Some say I'm addicted to video games but since I never show any withdrawal symptons when not playing for a long time I dare to negate.

Number1ChanseyFan
11th September 2009, 02:27 PM
I've never done any illegal drugs.
Nope.
Not now. I have been on antidepressants in the past, such as Paxil CR and Lexapro, and an anti-anxiety drug, Ativan, as well as various allergies medications and nose sprays which did next to nothing for my allergies. But yeah, I am on nothing now. I do take an occasional Motrin, mainly just for headaches. Motrin works extremely well for anything on me that hurts, but typically the only thing that annoys me enough to take it is a headache, I hate headaches!!
Eh... I guess I can't say never, but I suppose the best answer would extremely rarely, like the last time I think I had any was Easter of 2008, and I have never been anywhere close to being drunk.
I had to write a 2 page paper on this last semester... which was difficult, because my stance has always pretty much been "I don't care." lol Seriously, I have never done it, I never am going to do it, so it doesn't matter to me, and from what I understand, it does have some medical use, but there isn't really anything that it is better at treating than current drugs out there. So yeah, it just doesn't matter to me.
Not really, but I don't think that it is a war that can ever truly be won.
7) Do you find yourself addicted to anything? (Not just drugs). Sadly I am very addicted to caffeine. I used to be a huge pop drinker, but for some reason my metabolism started slowing down or something and now it just puts weight on me like crazy. I went from a minimum of 3 cans of pop (and usually more like 5-6 cans) a day to like 1 can every other day. I actually wasn't aware of pop being the reason behind my weight gain, until a couple of years ago when I somehow managed to give up pop for Lent, and I was amazed at how the weight dropped so fast. So yeah, for that reason, I restrict my pop drinking, but I am still addicted to it. Sometimes I still want to go crazy on it, but I don't. For that reason, I can kinda sympathize with what people go through when they are addicted to more serious things. I am still very addicted to caffeine though, so even though I drink a lot of water, I also drink a lot more coffee to replace what I miss out on with pop. I have been drinking coffee every day since I was 6, but now instead of just having a cup of two I usually have anywhere from half a pot to an entire pot per day lol But yeah, I get really bad headaches when I don't have caffeine for awhile, and I wouldn't even want to see what would happen to me on days that I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning if I didn't have it... it barely keeps me awake as it is.

Magmar
11th September 2009, 04:26 PM
Oh just pot.

Shrooms!

Nope

Yes :D

Legalize it!

Not at all.

Caffeine...

I just had a panic attack sorry for short answers!

mr_pikachu
19th November 2009, 02:17 AM
None.

Not really.

Only imitrex as needed for migraines.

Nope.

I'm opposed. It seems like there's not much it legitimately treats that other medications don't already treat. All it would do is open the door for recreational use.

Not really, sadly.

Games, TV, and TPM.

Telume
19th November 2009, 02:27 PM
None

Nope

Took some acne medication in the past, but that's it. Might have to get on anti-depressants.

Nope.

I don't really care. I just see it as another excuse for potheads to legally get high though.

Considering there's so many people who STILL do drugs, no.

The interwebs in general.

Jeff
19th November 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm drug-free!
Nope... I'm drug-free!
I've taken various prescription medications for my ADD over the years, but I'm not on anything currently
No.
It doesn't make sense to legalize it for medicinal purposes, if there are already other medicines that can do the same things it does. Legalizing it just opens the door for it to be abused, and abusing drugs is never a good thing kids!
Not really. Smoking is no longer as cool as it used to be, but that's still legal, meanwhile illegal drugs are still as hot as ever because they are made to look glamorous.
The Internet and video games.

Pichu Luver
19th November 2009, 11:33 PM
1)What illegal drugs do you do/have you done?
None.
Nah, though... while it's not illegal for medical purposes, I can see why people would get addicted to morphine (had it after an injury/surgery).
Not currently.
Once in a great while, not really a fan of it though.
Well it's already legal here for medical purposes so... I personally don't really care. As for completely legalized I wouldn't really care about that either. If you want to get loopy and smoke out your lungs go right ahead; just as long as yea' keep it away from me.
I don't know too much about drugs but as for a successful war, that'd be a no. Though from what I understand the violence down in Mexico recently (and some parts of Vancover) have been because there is fewer places to get drugs across the border(s). In-country though, that'd be a definite no or the places where drug-addicts can shoot up with clean needles/sanitary conditions wouldn't be so er... busy.
The Internet, but only when the computers on. Sounds weird but its very distracting to what I should be doing. Though I can goes days without turning the computer on if I don't have school work to worry about. *shrugs*