PDA

View Full Version : Legit Pokémon

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th September 2009, 02:52 PM
Do any of you know a way to actually tell whether a Pokémon acquired is legit or just a cheated/copied one?

Reason is I got traded a Mew recently. It shows the correct ID and original trainer name (when checking it with various websites), also has the correct moves, the IV are good average but nothing extraordinary (according to the guy who can tell you that in Platinum). So does all that mean it is a legit Mew that was given out at an event or could all that still be cheated by some means unknown to me?

Kurosakura
7th September 2009, 03:11 PM
It's most likely hacked and made to look legit. Pokemon given out at events are in Cherish Balls, so they can't be cloned. Even the Pokemon Ranch Mew is in a Cherish Ball.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th September 2009, 05:01 PM
Isn't that only true for event Pokémon handed out when Generation IV (D/P/P) was already released?

Jeff
7th September 2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, cherish ball didn't exist in Gen 3. My Colosseum bonus disk Jirachi is in a pokeball.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th September 2009, 10:53 PM
What's the deal with the OTs in the older generations, then? I have been curious because I have two Mews in my Pokemon Red. Some friends questioned their authenticity and asked for the OTs. I told them they were AUS and NAL and they cooled down. So what did that mean?

Kurosakura
7th September 2009, 11:11 PM
You probably got them from an event or something? People tend to look down on hacked Pokemon/Items.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th September 2009, 11:25 PM
I sent my Red in 2003 to a TPMer called ILikePokemon;P, all the way from Finland to Australia. I got it back with the Mews in it. And I still don't know what was up with the OT thingy.

Telume
7th September 2009, 11:56 PM
Usually if the OT sounds like something iffy, it's hacked. I forgot what the OT had to be for you to tell.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th September 2009, 11:11 AM
My Mew shows as trainer "Mystry" with ID 06930. Based on that information it should be a Mew that was handed out for the release of the 8th Pokémon movie.