PDA

View Full Version : Old Favourite: What are you currently listening to?

Pages : [1] 2

SystematicRevolution
7th September 2009, 05:38 PM
This was a favourite topic of mine back in the day. It's simple: Just share with everybody what music you are currently listening to. This was how I learned about some of the music I currently listen to. So, lets do it.

Opeth - The Moor

Telume
7th September 2009, 05:47 PM
Metallica - Fuel

SystematicRevolution
7th September 2009, 11:55 PM
DO YOU PEOPLE NOT LISTEN TO MUSIC ANYMORE?! Thanks Telume :wave: Also, feel free to just discuss music in general, since we don't have an actual music forum

The Who - The Seeker

Telume
7th September 2009, 11:58 PM
Uhhh no problem

Stratovarius - Destiny

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th September 2009, 11:59 PM
I think most TPMers have grown 'a little tired' of these, that's why.

Maximum The Hormone - What's Up People

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 12:07 AM
Telume: Stratovarius is one of my favourite bands. Have you heard Polaris yet? It's pretty excellent.

Mikachu: "Post your current ctrl+v" seems to be booming fairly well. Besides, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to discuss music.

Evergrey - Blinded

Kurosakura
8th September 2009, 12:11 AM
Hatsune Miku - World is Mine

The_Missing_Link
8th September 2009, 12:11 AM
Blue Swede - "Hooked on a Feeling"

shazza
8th September 2009, 12:23 AM
Eric Clapton - Let it Grow

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 12:36 AM
Sweet! These threads are fun. :D

"Electric Feel" - MGMT

shazza
8th September 2009, 01:08 AM
David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

I'M HAPPY, HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY, TOO!

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 01:14 AM
"Labyrinthian Pomp" - Of Montreal

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 01:20 AM
Hmm. Some of you guys seem to listen to music that is rather obscure to me. But then, I'm sure if I said I was listening to Freak Kitchen, Mattias IA Eklundh, Elvenking, Ensiferum, Nocturnal Rites, Ihsahn, or Hardingrock, you guys would say the same, heheh.

Evergrey - Fail

shazza
8th September 2009, 01:22 AM
Your first post just made me feel like an old classic.

Opeth - To Bid You Farewell

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 01:24 AM
I really hope nobody on this forum has epilepsy. The last thing they're going to remember seeing before waking up in the hospital is the name "shazza".

I'll go more classic. To Bid You Fairwell is an incredible piece of music but I think The Apostle in Triumph is just as great.

Opeth - The Apostle in Triumph

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 01:26 AM
My music tastes are all over the place.. I am most fond of "indie rock", techno/electronic/house/trance, and video game soundtracks. :D However, I am open minded with my listening and I try to appreciate every genre for what it is. What about you guys?

"Right Hand Hi" - Kid Sister

Telume
8th September 2009, 01:28 AM
Telume: Stratovarius is one of my favourite bands. Have you heard Polaris yet? It's pretty excellent.

Mikachu: "Post your current ctrl+v" seems to be booming fairly well. Besides, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to discuss music.

Evergrey - Blinded

Is that a song by them? If so, no I'll check it out though. I also like Sonata Arctica, even if I don't have too many songs by them

Blind Guardian - Battlefield

Edit: What the fuck I just noticed shazza has an epileptic Mario in his sig XD

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 01:34 AM
L3F - I enjoy a lot of progressive music. Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Pure Reason Revolution, Opeth, Pink Floyd, and others. I'm a pretty big metalhead, all things considered. Megadeth, Testament, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Evergrey, Tourniquet, Nocturnal Rites, and on and on. At the same time, though, I enjoy some mellower music such as Jack Johnson, Ian Moore, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Blues Traveler, Supertramp, etc.

Telume - Polaris is their new album that came out this year.

Opeth - Apostle in Triumph (The song is 13 minutes long, give me a break)

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 01:40 AM
"Galang" - M.I.A.

SystematicRevolution (can I call you SR?!), thanks for sharing some of your favorites! Have you ever had the chance to see any of them live? :D

shazza
8th September 2009, 01:45 AM
L3F - I enjoy a lot of progressive music. Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Pure Reason Revolution, Opeth, Pink Floyd, and others. I'm a pretty big metalhead, all things considered. Megadeth, Testament, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Evergrey, Tourniquet, Nocturnal Rites, and on and on. At the same time, though, I enjoy some mellower music such as Jack Johnson, Ian Moore, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Blues Traveler, Supertramp, etc.

I like you.

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 01:51 AM
"Galang" - M.I.A.

SystematicRevolution (can I call you SR?!), thanks for sharing some of your favorites! Have you ever had the chance to see any of them live? :D

I've seen Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne solo, Iron Maiden, and Jack Johnson live. They were all great concerts. I met Jack Johnson several times, in person. He's an awesome guy. I knew his tour driver and they were coming through my home town, so my mother, her boyfriend, and I, had dinner with him and his band and crew. I got to talk to him a little bit about guitar stuff and whatnot and he was really laid back and polite. Then we were given backstage tickets to one of his concerts in Manassas, Virginia. It was pretty awesome. I have a shirt signed by him and Adam Topol, the drummer. Merlot, the bass player, is kind of anti-social and doesn't really hang out with fans often. I actually hung out in Jack's tour trailer before the concert. It was sweet.

Shazza: It's cool to know we have similar tastes. :lemoncool: I've realised that Still Life is my favourite Opeth album. It's vastly different than the rest of their albums and therefore, the songs stick out much more.

Opeth - Godhead's Lament

Telume
8th September 2009, 01:52 AM

Telume - Polaris is their new album that came out this year.

Opeth - Apostle in Triumph (The song is 13 minutes long, give me a break)

Oh cool, I'll have to check it out then. As for me I have no particular taste but I mostly enjoy Metal music and Rock, just don't try to get me into Screamo. I can't stand it. But as far as a few bands I like: Metallica, Blind Guardian, Shine Down, Nickelback, Stratovarius.... list can go on. As long as it isn't Hip-Hop or any of that Raggaeton or god forbid some of the new Rap.... urgh.

Creed - One Last Breath

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 02:01 AM
If you like Blind Guardian, you should check out Demons & Wizards, if you haven't already.

Opeth - Serenity Painted Death

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 02:04 AM
I've seen Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne solo, Iron Maiden, and Jack Johnson live. They were all great concerts.

Awesome!! Ahh! I am very envious of you seeing Ozzy live.

I went to Ozzfest in.. '03 or '04.. because I desperately wanted to see Ozzy in concert. Go figure he was not there that day due to "illness".. x__x Still, I got to see Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, and Korn live. Also Zakk Wylde was there.

Beyond that my "big name" concerts include Weezer (also saw Tokyo Police Club + Angels & Airwaves at that show), and just the other week.. The Beach Boys. :P

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 02:13 AM
Ozzy has been really awesome live the three times total that I have seen him. I saw him solo once, and with Sabbath twice. The first Sabbath show was all right but the sound guy at Ozzfest that year SUCKED. That year was Black Label Society, Slayer, Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath. I forget who else. But the sound was horrible. They must have fired him because next year, the sound was 100% top-notch all around. The second Sabbath show was phenomenal. People say Ozzy should retire but I disagree. He's still running strong. Every time I've seen him, he's remembered the lyrics 99.9% of the time (he screwed up on Paranoid at the first Sabbath show... Probably due to being burnt out on that song. I don't blame him and I certainly understand, being a musician myself and having played certain songs over and over again and forgotten guitar parts). He's also just been fantastic, vocally. There is absolutely no difference between Ozzy's voice now and Ozzy's voice 30 years ago which is, to say the least, impressive.

I really wanted to catch him on his Black Rain tour because I really enjoyed the album but college leaves most people with very little money and I've been no exception, heheh.

Weezer is a cool band. Can't say the same about Angels & Airwaves, personally, though. And I can't say anything about Beach Boys. We wouldn't have some of the music today without them. They are classic, talented, and fun.

Mercyful Fate - Is That You, Melissa

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 02:50 AM
I saw him solo once, and with Sabbath twice.

Lucky lucky! I imagine the sound complications were frustrating.. ugh. When you go to a show, you want to hear everything loud and clear!! Ozzy is indeed an amazing performer when you consider his age and everything he has been through.

college leaves most people with very little money and I've been no exception, heheh.

:P Oy. I have had to pass up quite a few potentially brilliant concerts thanks to lack of moneyz. Or sometimes because I don't have a proper method of transportation.. which is a laaaaame reason to miss out! x_x

Weezer is a cool band. Can't say the same about Angels & Airwaves, personally, though. And I can't say anything about Beach Boys. We wouldn't have some of the music today without them. They are classic, talented, and fun.

Weezer is one of my favorites. <3 At least for albums 1-4. The newer two aren't really to my tastes, but oh well. A&A was foreign to me until that concert.. I'm not exactly a fan.. though it is neat to say I have seen Tom DeLonge in action. :P Seeing Beach Boys live was soooo thrilling. Hearing childhood favorites and absolute classics live.. wheeee! Too cool! They put on such a solid performance as well -- the vocals were accurate and full of energy.

*catches breath* Okay. Back to current listening, I've got..

"Crooked Teeth" - Death Cab for Cutie

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th September 2009, 03:13 AM
OK, forget what I said earlier, I was wrong. Well I listen to no music right now but I must say I like Blind Guardian. Both the melody and the lyrics, especially Tolkien-inspired ones like The Hobbit and Mirror Mirror. That's really something since I'm not so much a Tolkien fan anymore.

Towards Stratovarius, I have mixed feelings. I listen to it sometimes, but honestly don't like most pieces. Like to me, Destiny starts well but gets extremely boring in the end and Visions is scary in the bad way because it has Nostradamus stuff.

Yet one more Westers Heavy Metal band, Nightwish. Well I listen to it as well, sometimes. In one phase I didn't care whether it was Tarja Turunen or Anette Olzon but now I'm more of a bitter Tarja fanboy.

Then there's a Japanese punk/hard rock/rap/whatever band called Maximum The Hormone. I learned about it through Death Note anime themes. Speaking of which, I also enjoy many other anime soundtracks including Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion to name a few.

I also like classical music. Tšaikovski being one of my favourites.

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 03:25 AM
OK, forget what I said earlier, I was wrong. Well I listen to no music right now but I must say I like Blind Guardian. Both the melody and the lyrics, especially Tolkien-inspired ones like The Hobbit and Mirror Mirror. That's really something since I'm not so much a Tolkien fan anymore.

The guys of Blind Guardian/Iced Earth/Demons & Wizards (they all have a couple common band members) are serious book nerds. I love it. Demons & Wizards did an album based entirely on Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Amazing album.

Towards Stratovarius, I have mixed feelings. I listen to it sometimes, but honestly don't like most pieces. Like to me, Destiny starts well but gets extremely boring in the end and Visions is scary in the bad way because it has Nostradamus stuff.

I like Stratovarius but only in small dosages. Their use of the the same various keyboard sounds gets rather tedious after awhile. Which is why I enjoy their new album. It's still typical Stratovarius but not so heavy on the keyboards.

Yet one more Westers Heavy Metal band, Nightwish. Well I listen to it as well, sometimes. In one phase I didn't care whether it was Tarja Turunen or Anette Olzon but now I'm more of a bitter Tarja fanboy.

Upon first hearing Anette, I was rather disappointed. But after listening more and more to Dark Passion Play, I decided that Marco's deeper involvement in the vocals more than made up for it. I really like his voice. It's unique. However, I still maintain that Tarja will always be better. She has her own orchestra or something now, though, which is pretty awesome.

Then there's a Japanese punk/hard rock/rap/whatever band called Maximum The Hormone. I learned about it through Death Note anime themes. Speaking of which, I also enjoy many other anime soundtracks including Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion to name a few.

Never heard of them (the band), ha. I don't get much into anime, really. I used to watch a little bit--DBZ and Cowboy Bebop.

I also like classical music. Tšaikovski being one of my favourites.

I like classical music a lot. I'm not sure if I have a particular favourite composer, though. However, if you like classical music, you may enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

Mastodon - The Czar

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 03:31 AM
Speaking of which, I also enjoy many other anime soundtracks including Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion to name a few.

Ohh, awesome! I am also a fan of anime soundtracks. Pokémon show tracks will always be near and dear to my heart. Fond memories and etc. Evangelion also has a lovely soundtrack. The music really added to the last few episodes being so emotional and powerful, I think.

I like how many animes have super catchy theme songs. :P For example.. Hoshi no Kaabii, Outlaw Star, and Wolf's Rain have themes that get hopelessly stuck in my head if I'm not careful.

Cadmus
8th September 2009, 03:42 AM
A New Day Has Come by Celine Dion

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 03:48 AM
"Red Rabbits" - The Shins

:D

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 03:49 AM
Alice in Chains - Check my Brain

Heald
8th September 2009, 03:55 AM
Jay-Z & Linkin Park - Points of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 03:56 AM
"Saturday" - Ludacris

(Oh god. Where can I find the smileys/emotes available? I need one of those with 'cool sunglasses' for this post ASAP.)

SystematicRevolution
8th September 2009, 10:06 AM
LOL. I remember that song from years ago... It always made me laugh. I remember there was a rooster in the video. For rap, I don't mind Ludacris as much. Sticky-icky-icky.

Heald
8th September 2009, 10:27 AM
Blues Brothers - Can't Turn You Loose

Telume
8th September 2009, 12:17 PM
Speaking of Nightwish, yeah I'm not too big of an Annette fan. I'm still a Tarja fanboy I'm sorry to say. I wasn't too impressed with Dark Passion Play. This is the only song I like of the Olzon era:

Nightwish - Amaranth

Oh Lawrence if you like the Pokemon Tracks, I have the ever elusive Pokemon World, the opening theme to the Orange Islands Season for the English version. Which I personally thought was one of the best tracks.

Systematic Revolution
8th September 2009, 12:23 PM
Primus - Tommy the Cat

abunaidesu
8th September 2009, 12:56 PM
the octopus project - all of the champs that ever lived

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 01:20 PM
LOL. I remember that song from years ago... It always made me laugh. I remember there was a rooster in the video. For rap, I don't mind Ludacris as much. Sticky-icky-icky.

:cool: :cool: :cool: Haha yes, the music video was pretty ridiculous. Sticky-icky-icky... I'm down with Luda as well. I don't necessarily seek out his music, but if it comes on, I'll blast it.

Oh Lawrence if you like the Pokemon Tracks, I have the ever elusive Pokemon World, the opening theme to the Orange Islands Season for the English version. Which I personally thought was one of the best tracks.

Awww lucky! I love that song! For realsies, when I was a kid... I thought I was hott stuff belting those lyrics along with the vocalist.

"WE ALL LIVE, INA POKAYMON WUU-ORLD"

*composes self*

"Time to Pretend" - MGMT

Systematic Revolution
8th September 2009, 01:33 PM
Trivium - Kirisute Gomen

Telume
8th September 2009, 03:07 PM
Trivium kicks ass

Trivium - The Deceived

Lawrence - If you want it I can send it to you.

Systematic Revolution
8th September 2009, 03:15 PM
Have you heard their newest album (Shogun) yet?

Telume
8th September 2009, 03:31 PM
Nope, not yet is it any good?

Edit: I wasn't too happy with the Crusades.

Systematic Revolution
8th September 2009, 03:41 PM
Shogun, I think, is about a thousand times better than their other albums. The only thing I liked about The Crusade was the title track. It's a pretty sweet instrumental.

Trivium - A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 03:45 PM
"The Fear" - Lily Allen

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Telume
8th September 2009, 03:53 PM
Trivium - Ascendancy

I didn't like the album period. I also didn't like the temporary vocal change. Reminded me too much of what happened to A7X

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 05:22 PM
"Get Fresh" - Kid Sister

Drago
8th September 2009, 07:25 PM
Laura - Scissor Sisters. :ultramon:

Systematic Revolution
8th September 2009, 08:02 PM
Trivium - Ascendancy

I didn't like the album period. I also didn't like the temporary vocal change. Reminded me too much of what happened to A7X

I wasn't a big fan. But The Crusade is an awesome instrumental and I love instrumentals. And it's really fun to play on actual guitar.

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 08:15 PM
"Haru ga Kuru Made" - AKB48 :love2:

Crystal Mew
8th September 2009, 09:39 PM
Owl City - Fireflies

its a happy little song :)

Lawrence III_Fanatic
8th September 2009, 10:12 PM
"Fire" - Jimi Hendrix

:yes:

Systematic Revolution
8th September 2009, 11:35 PM
Elvenking - March of Fools

Lawrence III_Fanatic
9th September 2009, 12:06 AM
"Lonely Rolling Star" - Katamari Damacy Soundtrack

shazza
9th September 2009, 05:44 AM
I felt 'Shogun' was extremely better than 'The Crusade' - I've used many songs for jogging, specifically 'Kirsute Gomen' and 'Of Prompeheus and the Crucifix'. But, in my opinion, 'Ascendancy' will always be my favourite.

Lawrence III_Fanatic
9th September 2009, 05:48 AM
"The Past is a Grotesque Animal" - Of Montreal :round:

Systematic Revolution
9th September 2009, 09:31 AM
I felt 'Shogun' was extremely better than 'The Crusade' - I've used many songs for jogging, specifically 'Kirsute Gomen' and 'Of Prompeheus and the Crucifix'. But, in my opinion, 'Ascendancy' will always be my favourite.

I think Ascendancy and Shogun, from a listening standpoint are pretty much spot on when it comes to quality. Being a guitar player, though, I listen for technical playing as well, and Shogun wins. But that's just me. I do agree that Shogun was much better than The Crusade and definitely better than Ember to Inferno.

Opeth - Den Standiga Resan

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th September 2009, 11:07 AM
Day old Hate - City and Colour (www.myspace.com/dallasgreen)

Borrowed Time - Architects (www.myspace.com/architectsuk)

Crystal Tears
9th September 2009, 12:27 PM
Master Passion Greed - Nightwish

Systematic Revolution
9th September 2009, 01:01 PM
Day old Hate - City and Colour (www.myspace.com/dallasgreen)

Borrowed Time - Architects (www.myspace.com/architectsuk)

You're listening to BOTH at the same time?

Opeth - The Night and the Silent Water

The_Missing_Link
9th September 2009, 01:13 PM
Laura - Scissor Sisters. :ultramon:

Good song. I think I first heard it on Yahoo Music

I'm not listening to anything right now but the first random song my iTunes gives me is "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" by the Beatles

Drago
9th September 2009, 06:51 PM
Good song. I think I first heard it on Yahoo Music
I still haven't figured out the lyrics. But I don't really care - it's still damn cool without my full comprehension.

And now... A Miracle Would Happen ~ Norbert Leo Butz (from Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years) Friggin' brilliant. I think everyone should hear this song at least once.

Lawrence III_Fanatic
9th September 2009, 10:42 PM
"Underground" - Ben Folds

I've got my musics on "shuffle" right now. :lookout:

Master Rudy
9th September 2009, 11:42 PM
I finally got around to transplanting my old CD-ROM drive from my virus laden piece of shit to my dad's old computer with it's massive 4 GB hard drive XD

Yeah I know. Very sad......

In any case I've been listening to a Linkin Park mix CD I made a few weeks ago on a friend's computer. Got a decent mix of new and old on it. As for what's currently on it:

Crawling (Live/Extended Cut)-Linkin Park, Live at Milton Keys

Lawrence III_Fanatic
10th September 2009, 02:03 AM
"Ring Ring" - Mika

midnightangel
10th September 2009, 06:52 AM
I am listening to an instrumental mix that I have on my Windows Media Player. It is a mix of anime instrumentals from various shows I like and have watched over the years plus a few other instrumental jazzy/piano pieces I mixed in.

If (after tweaking the songs a bit) I like what I hear, I'll add it to a CD for myself, and maybe for a couple of friends ;)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th September 2009, 08:30 AM
You're listening to BOTH at the same time?

Opeth - The Night and the Silent Water

It overlapped in my music-player.

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 09:44 AM
"I wanna hold your hand" - Beatles :3

Systematic Revolution
10th September 2009, 03:29 PM
Megadeth - The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed With a Kiss

Mr. Brightside
10th September 2009, 03:32 PM
Letters - Utada Hikaru

Master Rudy
10th September 2009, 05:03 PM
Spirit vs. Spirit-Hironobu Kageyama
I'm sure all the anime geeks know what that's from ^_~

abunaidesu
10th September 2009, 11:50 PM
ac/dc - thunderstruck

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th September 2009, 04:06 AM
Unanswered - Suicide Silence.

Mr. Brightside
11th September 2009, 06:16 AM
Omoi Odorenai Warutsu - Rurouni Kenshin OST

kainashi
11th September 2009, 07:44 AM
parabelle - the conversation ends

Drago
11th September 2009, 08:06 AM
Unanswered - Suicide Silence.
On a whim, I decided to give it a listen. And to each their own dude, because it really ain't my thing at all. :lol:

Consequently, now listening to Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini - Var. 18 .

Mr. Brightside
11th September 2009, 03:56 PM
Utada Hikau - Wonder 'bout

Master Rudy
13th September 2009, 03:44 AM
A remix of Bloody Tears from Castlevania 2
So is anyone screaming "NERD!" yet? lol

kainashi
13th September 2009, 08:03 AM
parabelle - when the last words are sighs

shazza
13th September 2009, 08:18 AM
KENNY ROGERS - THE GAMBLER

Systematic Revolution
13th September 2009, 08:45 AM
Testament - Musical Death (A Dirge)

Lawrence III_Fanatic
18th September 2009, 06:16 AM
"Bubble Pop Electric" - Gwen Stefani

kainashi
18th September 2009, 09:19 AM
kings of leon - closer

Systematic Revolution
18th September 2009, 10:28 AM
Opeth - Would? (Alice in Chains cover)... It's quite awesome. Yes I listen to Opeth a lot. lol

Systematic Revolution
19th September 2009, 06:35 PM
Rage Against the Machine - Testify

abunaidesu
19th September 2009, 07:42 PM
ac/dc - shook me all night long

kainashi
19th September 2009, 07:49 PM
shinedown - lady so divine

mvtm
19th September 2009, 08:23 PM
Tell me Why - Nordic Stars

Don't ask me what it is, it is some sort of dance hit. I just grabbed my brother's iPod and found this, first time i hear it.

abunaidesu
20th September 2009, 05:35 PM
fleet foxes - white winter hymnal

:)

mr_pikachu
20th September 2009, 05:48 PM
Through the Pokemon Internet Radio Network (http://pokewatch.nick15.com/pirn/pirn.shtml), I'm listening to...

Pokémon Crystal: 14.5 West Coast Radio (EXPN Card Required) - ProtoDome (OCRemix (http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01898/))

abunaidesu
21st September 2009, 11:12 PM
the kinks - you really got me

^_____^

Systematic Revolution
22nd September 2009, 10:47 PM
Dragonlord - Vals de la Muerte

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd September 2009, 12:15 AM
Death Note Opening 1 shortened (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAXfG0DvUIM)

I'll save the world! I broke 100 copyright laws in this video and I should go to a prisoner asylum!

abunaidesu
23rd September 2009, 01:04 AM
Slagsmĺlsklubben - Stora Farliga Rymdprojekt Gar

Systematic Revolution
23rd September 2009, 07:42 PM
Testament - Low

... Steph. What the hell is that?

kainashi
23rd September 2009, 07:55 PM
parabelle - terrified (get me out alive)

abunaidesu
23rd September 2009, 08:19 PM
Testament - Low

... Steph. What the hell is that?

Swedish music.

Cut Copy - Nobody Lost, Nobody Found

nick
23rd September 2009, 09:44 PM

;

shazza
23rd September 2009, 10:31 PM
cut copy was the first band on new years eve when my ecstasy started kicking in. it was the most insane experience.

abunaidesu
24th September 2009, 12:42 AM
Cut Copy - Feel The Love

:yes:

Systematic Revolution
24th September 2009, 03:08 AM
No kidding it's Swedish :P

Testament - Jun-Jun

shazza
24th September 2009, 04:57 AM
Cut Copy - Feel The Love :cry:

abunaidesu
24th September 2009, 01:00 PM
Cut Copy - So Haunted

shazza
24th September 2009, 01:11 PM
Muse - Resistance

abunaidesu
24th September 2009, 01:17 PM
I'm not a big fan of their newest album :(

Super Furry Animals - Inconvenience

shazza
24th September 2009, 01:19 PM
I don't mind it. :) Not as good as their earlier stuff, though. But, the album cover is fucking awesome.

Syd Barrett - Effervescing Elephant

woz
24th September 2009, 01:53 PM
The Verve - Weeping Willow

Systematic Revolution
24th September 2009, 02:42 PM
Syd Barret ftw!

Porcupine Tree - Shallow

shazza
24th September 2009, 02:43 PM
Children of Bodom - Needled 24/7

I'm a genre whore.

abunaidesu
25th September 2009, 12:04 AM
Latch Key Kid - Good Times

Drago
25th September 2009, 12:37 AM
Things Ain't Like They Used to Be - UB40
Most people just seem to know the hits, but UB40 put out a lot of other good stuff, too.

Systematic Revolution
25th September 2009, 09:42 PM
Shazza - Yes, you are a genre whore.

Project 86 - Breakdown in 3/4

The_Missing_Link
25th September 2009, 10:36 PM
Toucher and Rich podcast from Thursday

abunaidesu
25th September 2009, 11:17 PM
the cardigans - lovefool

Crystal Mew
26th September 2009, 12:15 AM
Since youtube wont seem to work for me anymore, I went back to pandora. now the curse of curves from cute is what we aim for is playing.

woooooo

ChobiChibi
26th September 2009, 09:42 AM
Allegro con brio- Symphony No. 8 in G Major- Dvorák

This is my prepared sight reading for my Chamber Orchestra audition... Oh god help me ><

kainashi
26th September 2009, 11:11 AM
breaking benjamin - i will not bow

abunaidesu
26th September 2009, 09:28 PM

great song ^^

shazza
26th September 2009, 11:41 PM
Vintersorg - The Enigmatic Spirit

I think you would like this, Nate.

Systematic Revolution
26th September 2009, 11:53 PM
VINTERSORG, YES.

I listened to them awhile ago and I believe they were pretty epic fantasy metal. I haven't heard that particular song yet, though. I'm listening now. I really enjoy it so far.

abunaidesu
27th September 2009, 12:01 AM
a-ha - train of thought

shazza
27th September 2009, 02:01 AM
I'm glad you like it. :)

Ladyhawke - Magic.

abunaidesu
27th September 2009, 01:08 PM
cut copy - out there on the ice

Systematic Revolution
27th September 2009, 04:44 PM
Dethklok - Hatredcopter

shazza
28th September 2009, 06:57 AM
Blur - Tender

Dad showed me this song today, saying he wants it to be one of my songs at my 21st. It's a message from him to me. Apparently, my mum used to sing it to me too when it first came out in 1999.

Fuck man, fuck. :cry:

kainashi
28th September 2009, 05:09 PM
breaking benjamin - without you

Magmar
28th September 2009, 10:29 PM
Death Cab for Cutie - Crooked Teeth

Crystal Tears
28th September 2009, 10:39 PM
Different Day - State of Shock

O.o

abunaidesu
28th September 2009, 10:48 PM
my mother shouting on the phone.

abunaidesu
30th September 2009, 05:39 PM
don mclean - american pie ^_^

abunaidesu
2nd October 2009, 07:33 PM
castlevania - iron-blue intention ^^

Angel Blossom
2nd October 2009, 08:08 PM
Zak moaning in my ear.

Weasel Overlord
2nd October 2009, 08:13 PM
Deftones - Simple Man

in between looping Ugly Side by Blue October and anything by Voltaire I can get my grubby hands on (mostly When You're Evil <3)

abunaidesu
2nd October 2009, 08:31 PM
Zak moaning in my ear.

i lolled

2pm - tetris

Systematic Revolution
3rd October 2009, 10:45 AM
Alice in Chains - Last of My Kind

New AiC album is THE SHIT.

kainashi
3rd October 2009, 12:09 PM
breaking benjamin - what lies beneath

abunaidesu
3rd October 2009, 05:14 PM
new order - blue monday

Crystal Mew
3rd October 2009, 08:55 PM
skillet- awake and alive

abunaidesu
3rd October 2009, 08:59 PM
madonna - hung up (the confessions tour)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th October 2009, 05:55 AM
City and Colour - Comin' home

Weasel Overlord
4th October 2009, 09:34 AM
new order - blue monday

Was it New Order who did that song originally?! I have this totally epic cover by Orgy. :D

Anyway: Razorblade, by Blue October. I really need more songs by these guys. <3

Kurosakura
4th October 2009, 10:06 AM
Katy Perry - Hot N Cold <-- MAKE IT STOP >__>

abunaidesu
4th October 2009, 02:23 PM
Was it New Order who did that song originally?! I have this totally epic cover by Orgy. :D

Yep! I love the Orgy's cover as well. (Wow, that sounds wrong).

todd rundgren - a dream goes on forever

Telume
4th October 2009, 09:15 PM
Rammstein - Amerika

THIS IS NOT A LOVE SONG!

Systematic Revolution
7th October 2009, 03:40 PM
Tourniquet - Phantom Limb

Crystal Mew
7th October 2009, 03:56 PM
Mayday Parade - Miserable at Best

shazza
15th October 2009, 12:42 AM
Bob Marley - Three Little Birds

Every little thing gonna be alright

abunaidesu
1st November 2009, 10:40 PM
toccata and fugue in d minor by bach.

PancaKe
1st November 2009, 10:52 PM
I was listening to Opeth - lotus Eater, and then Tool - Sober before, but my itunes decided to fail :(

kainashi
4th November 2009, 09:53 AM
311 - love song

shazza
4th November 2009, 09:55 AM
Drapht - Jimmy Recard :lemoncool:

Let’s take it back to 1982 just quickly
I came into this world, and my Ma thought
Ima name this little boy Paul
Plain old boring old Paul
And I always thought
If I had a different name, would my life be different?

Imagine if I had a name like Jimmy Recard
Evolved from the joke of a com’
The king of the cards
King of the castle
King of the barstool
Liked by all known but he thinks he’s an arsehole
Pass the parcel to Jimmy
Everybody pass quicker then getting off with a glass of kill Kenny
If anything, Jimmy’s a man of the millennium
No two men can better him, not even
Lenny and Carl
I put a penny in the jar
I swear he’s rarer
Singing (?) in your mini bar
Face at the cinema
Like Andy Garcia
But compared to Jimmy, Andy’s so last year!
Brassieres, are thrown at his feet
Ladies love him ‘cos he’s got a little dimple in his cheek
(Bleurgh, yeah yeah yeah) Making me sick to my stomach
And there’s nothing you can do
You gotta love him (You gotta love him!)
It's

Chorus:
J.R., Jimmy Recard!
Raise your glass for the king of the bar
It’s J.R., Jimmy Recard!
Women swinging their bras, ladies swinging their bra
For J.R., Jimmy Recard!
All my people singing hoorah hoorah
For J.R., come and get down with J.R.

He was always in the right place at the right time
Had a lifeline
Wiser than 95% of the sci-fi
Four doors and his collar popped down like they should be
Living the life that of Lano and Woodley
And it could be ‘cos he had the world in his palm
Every week a different girl on his arm
His mum a doctor, dad a rockstar
Concoct a little something, nine months, who popped out?

Chorus

The J, the I, the M, the M, the Y, the J, the I, the M
It’s Jimmy! It’s Jimmy!
The J, Jimmy, no matter what
The I, Jimmy, no matter what
The M, Jimmy, no matter what
It’s Jimmy!

Yeah, check
It’s like everything he touches
Turns to gold, it’s amazing
Destiny on his side like Jay-Z pushing up daisies
A breath of fresh air, the best there is
Like getting in the electric chair and live
Untouchable
He never perish
Reason my life is full
He was the fairest of them all
Like mirror mirror on the wall
Like Wirrpanda on the ball
Mum comes up with Paul
When there’s names like Jimmy
Any plan or gimmick
Every man will mimic
Jimmy
Open up my doors in the chimney
That’s why he’s always fucking swimming in his winnings
The names ringing in your ears man isn’t it?
Living in jealousy like a prisoner to visitors
He was oblivious
A sunshine day and night
Would my luck change if I was given a name like

Chorus

abunaidesu
4th November 2009, 08:20 PM
our sleepless forest - white bird

Lady Vulpix
5th November 2009, 09:56 AM
"Dreams dreams", adult vocals, original version.

shazza
6th November 2009, 08:17 AM
George Harrison - My Sweet Lord

Hare Kirishna, Hare Krishna!

kainashi
6th November 2009, 09:24 AM
creed - suddenly

shazza
6th November 2009, 09:28 AM
Britney Spears - Circus

Greyfox
6th November 2009, 11:30 AM
The Decemberists - The Island: Come & See/The Landlord's Daughter/You'll Not Feel the Drowning

Why they feel it necessary to turn three songs into one giant supertrack is beyond me. Next up:

Astronautalis - Oceanwalk.

Houndoom_Lover
6th November 2009, 01:47 PM
Repo! The Gentic Opera.

Nathan, today. Monster Rise! And Night Surgoen, I'll prolly go listen to the other songs he sings. Listen to Z. Atatomy and them Mark it up and then listen to the other ones and start the cyle over again. Its nice to write to.

Words for thought: "Decaff?"
"I'll SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!"

abunaidesu
6th November 2009, 03:12 PM
Britney Spears - Circus

Britney Spears - Circus

abunaidesu
6th November 2009, 11:23 PM
blondie - hanging on the telephone

shazza
6th November 2009, 11:45 PM
Mike Oldfield - Magellan

GreenShirT
7th November 2009, 12:00 AM
My dog breathing really loudly :o

abunaidesu
7th November 2009, 12:22 AM
星のカービィスーパーデラックス グルメレース ピアノ演奏

woz
7th November 2009, 12:41 AM
ultravox - mr. x

Systematic Revolution
7th November 2009, 01:31 AM
Dream Theater - Prophets of War

shazza
7th November 2009, 06:24 AM
The Beatles - I've Seen That Face

:D

abunaidesu
7th November 2009, 10:30 PM
bryan adams - summer of 69

kainashi
7th November 2009, 11:36 PM
creed - time

Systematic Revolution
8th November 2009, 12:23 AM
Dream Theater - A Nightmare to Remember

DarkestLight
8th November 2009, 12:34 AM
The refrigerator motor-the Remix. (Fridge can't start up completely on 1st try, so it makes a stuttering type noise)

Houndoom_Lover
8th November 2009, 04:20 PM
Currently, Dodo from Dave Mathews Band ^-^ I got my Ipod back and I just keep listening to every song they ever made. The drumbs in this song makes my sensive ears hurt ^w^

I looove this band~

PancaKe
9th November 2009, 08:22 PM
Dream Theater - Stream of Consciousness

Master Rudy
10th November 2009, 06:07 AM
Was in a bit of an old school gaming mood so I'm currently listening to a playlist made up of Zero's various theme songs from the Mega Man X/Zero series......
Yeah I know.....I suck :-/

Telume
10th November 2009, 08:58 PM
Metallica - The Day that Never Comes

^ IMO one of the few good songs on Death Magnetic. Other than that not really a fan of the new stuff from Metallica.

Systematic Revolution
11th November 2009, 12:13 AM
Dream Theater - Stream of Consciousness

This made me squeal with delight. Not really but I thought it was funny to say :D

Korn - Coming Undone followed by
Dream Theater - Forsaken

abunaidesu
11th November 2009, 11:56 PM
the whip - blackout

Moltrecuno
14th November 2009, 04:47 AM
Robbie Williams/Kylie Minogue - Kids

Houndoom_Lover
14th November 2009, 03:35 PM
Soviet National Anthem :3

ChobiChibi
14th November 2009, 04:06 PM
Lemon Demon- Dance like an idiot

kainashi
14th November 2009, 06:12 PM
devendra banhart - it's a sight to behold

Systematic Revolution
14th November 2009, 10:26 PM
Amon Amarth - Guardians of Asgaard

abunaidesu
14th November 2009, 11:01 PM
chromeo - tenderoni

Crystal Mew
15th November 2009, 01:03 AM
The Letter Black - Moving On

abunaidesu
15th November 2009, 01:05 AM
dragonette - get lucky

Master Rudy
15th November 2009, 09:50 AM
The Longest Day of My Life by Armin Van Buurin

Absolutely awesome sounding techno/dance remix of 24's main theme song. I'm actually planning on using it for a 24 music video that covers Days 1-7 as well as Redemption. It'd be a pretty daunting task since the full version of the song is almost ten and a half minutes long. However the length should be more than enough to cover almost every major event the show has had over the last eight years :D

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th November 2009, 11:32 AM
Water wings, by Alexisonfire.

abunaidesu
16th November 2009, 01:04 AM
madonna - forbidden love

Ayeun
16th November 2009, 07:20 AM
Sway - Michael Bublé

shazza
16th November 2009, 07:26 AM
George Harrison - When We Was Fab

Kyuuketsuki
21st November 2009, 05:25 AM
THE AGONIST - Thank You Pain

shazza
21st November 2009, 06:11 AM
The ending credits to I, Robot.

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 07:19 PM
Opeth ~ The Lotus Eater :D

Telume
22nd November 2009, 07:42 PM
Killswitch Engage - Rose of Sharyn

Systematic Revolution
22nd November 2009, 09:00 PM
They Might Be Giants - Particle Man

Crystal Mew
22nd November 2009, 11:34 PM
Colbie Cailat - Falling for you

I can't stop listening to it, someone halp :(

Systematic Revolution
23rd November 2009, 02:16 PM
Sam, that is super ironic. My other friend Sam has been listening to that song a lot. lol

Nobuo Uematsu - Highwind Takes to the Skies

Drusilla
23rd November 2009, 02:57 PM
KMFDM- Anarchy

shazza
24th November 2009, 09:19 AM
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home :)

PancaKe
24th November 2009, 10:08 PM
Gotye - Hearts a Mess

Master Rudy
4th December 2009, 12:39 AM
My inner geek has managed to prevail over even Ozzy.....I'm listening to the Chrono Trigger OST. Current track is A Premonition/Chrono Trigger ^_~

Systematic Revolution
4th December 2009, 01:03 PM
Joe Satriani - Hordes of Locusts

Telume
5th December 2009, 01:38 PM
The Black Mages - Battle, Scene II

Systematic Revolution
5th December 2009, 02:48 PM
Craving Lucy - Therapy

Drusilla
5th December 2009, 02:50 PM
KMFDM- Never Say Never

shazza
8th December 2009, 08:01 AM
PNAU - Embrace

LordxDanswich
9th December 2009, 10:49 AM
Metallica- Whiskey in the Jar

kainashi
21st December 2009, 10:24 AM
tool - sober

Drusilla
21st December 2009, 11:03 AM
Angelspit- Fuck the Revolution

Systematic Revolution
24th December 2009, 11:41 AM
Nighwish - Lappi I: Eramaajarvi

Mr. Brightside
24th December 2009, 02:49 PM
In Noctem - Harry Potter HBP OST

Drusilla
25th December 2009, 08:32 AM
Enya- Stars and Midnight Blue

abunaidesu
25th December 2009, 04:53 PM
Air Supply - Winter Wonderland

Systematic Revolution
26th December 2009, 01:09 AM
Frank Zappa - Filthy Habits

abunaidesu
26th December 2009, 07:42 PM
new order - blue monday

Drusilla
26th December 2009, 07:53 PM
Grendel- Harsh Generation

kainashi
27th December 2009, 02:35 PM
slipknot - snuff

abunaidesu
28th December 2009, 12:28 AM
IT'S A QUESTION OF LUST
IT'S A QUESTION OF TRUST
IT'S A QUESTION OF not letting what we build up crumble to dusttttttt

kainashi
12th January 2010, 06:00 PM
bullet for my valentine - all these things i hate

abunaidesu
13th January 2010, 02:59 AM
~* BiLLy iDoL - WhItE WeDDinG *~

chaos_redefined
13th January 2010, 05:24 AM
Pagan's Mind - Celestine Prophecy

Mike Mysterio
13th January 2010, 06:26 AM
Metallica's The House Jack Built

abunaidesu
15th January 2010, 01:04 PM
billy - hot in the city

Knight of Time
21st January 2010, 06:41 PM
Cooper Brothers- Heroes

Oslo
22nd January 2010, 06:08 PM
Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Ahh, Muse. <3

abunaidesu
22nd January 2010, 10:34 PM
the whip - muzzle #1

Drago
26th January 2010, 02:40 AM
Talk it Over - Grayson Hugh.
A song made of pure 'hell yeah'.

abunaidesu
26th January 2010, 10:39 PM
yasushi asada - darkness of fear

chaos_redefined
28th January 2010, 07:21 PM
Therein - Dark Tranquility

abunaidesu
2nd February 2010, 12:39 AM
emily haines - winning

midnightangel
2nd February 2010, 04:12 AM
Syndicate by The Fray from my new I-Phone 3GS

Drago
12th February 2010, 07:55 AM
Flight of the Zinger - Donkey Kong Country 2 soundtrack. I know I say this often, but once again, oh hell yeah.

kainashi
12th February 2010, 10:21 AM
citizen cope - son's gonna rise

darktyranitar
12th February 2010, 10:34 AM
Union (Slopes of St Benedict) - Sabaton

abunaidesu
16th February 2010, 01:18 AM
http://icestrike.net/images/data/1266300084129.gif

Leon-IH
17th February 2010, 10:15 AM
Danzig - Five Finger Crawl.

abunaidesu
17th February 2010, 07:36 PM
billy idol - dancing with myself

Drago
18th February 2010, 06:19 AM
Pants on the Ground - General Larry Platt

darktyranitar
22nd February 2010, 12:27 AM
Malique feat Salam - Cerita Kedai Kopi

Wholly in Malay, with about 1/10 English

abunaidesu
22nd February 2010, 02:33 AM
IT'S RAINING MEN
HALLELUJAH
IT'S RAINING MEN
AMEN
I'M GONNA GO OUT TO RUN
AND LET MYSELF
GET
ABSOLUTELY SOAKING WET

Drago
7th April 2010, 06:48 AM
BUMPED FOR BABOOSHKA.

Specifically, Kate Bush's Babooshka.

Also...

Enya- Stars and Midnight Blue
Which do you find you prefer - Enya's lyrical pieces or the instrumentals? I tend to find that I prefer the instrumentals (Memory of Trees, The Celts)... Though I Want Tomorrow is GREAT. Pardon me, I just rarely get a chance to discuss Enya. :heh:

kainashi
7th April 2010, 07:26 AM
tool - aenima

darktyranitar
7th April 2010, 08:14 AM
Can't Slow Down - Joe Satriani

Oslo
7th April 2010, 12:15 PM
Little Boxes - Malvina Reynolds

Weeds. <3

Weasel Overlord
7th April 2010, 12:28 PM
The Time Has Come - Jason Arnold
~ Main battle theme from Devil May Cry 4, I <3 the DMC soundtracks sooo much :D

Drusilla
7th April 2010, 03:45 PM
Hot For Teacher- Van Halen

Which do you find you prefer - Enya's lyrical pieces or the instrumentals? I tend to find that I prefer the instrumentals (Memory of Trees, The Celts)... Though I Want Tomorrow is GREAT. Pardon me, I just rarely get a chance to discuss Enya. :heh:

I think I like both equally... I've loved her voice since I was really little and I heard Clannad on the BBC series Robin Hood, but then the instrumentals are amazing. So I guess it's a toss-up.

Drago
7th April 2010, 07:22 PM
Oh wow, I never realised that Enya was in Clannad! Always weird how my musical tastes seem to come full circle like that. I mean, the album I have (or more accurately my dad has and I rifled through to add to my iTunes collection) is Rogha: The Best of, and I can't be bothered to do enough research on which songs are pre- or post- Enya, but still. Fascinating how that happened. I'll stop digressing now. Heh.

Who Can it Be Now - Men at Work... And in actuality, I prefer this song to Down Under. Think I'm in a minority.

Knight of Time
16th April 2010, 09:32 PM
Cooper Brothers- Last One A Fast One

Drusilla
17th April 2010, 09:17 AM
Crimson Ivy- Wonderer

kainashi
17th April 2010, 01:12 PM
eve 6 - inside out