PDA

View Full Version : What I intend to cover in HG/SS

firepokemon
8th September 2009, 12:23 AM
Its rather an exhaustive list and some of it won't be done for months. Also I'm not the fastest player ever so other sites will be streets ahead. Not that I worry about these things. Whilst others may be difficult because I don't exactly know how to extract data. Though I suspect Arty2 will have a lot of that information readily available. Also some of it would be in general lists like an attackdex etc but because we haven't yet done those things they'll be part of the HG/SS package for now.

Posting is likely to be all over the place. I anticipate posting some to the main site. That will be stuff that I consider newsworthy and that is more complete than other things. I'll likely post a progress thread in the Advanced Generation forum. While anticipate seeing several different threads in either Web Site Revival Project and/or Contributors Only forum that Jeff can in time put on the site with sprites etc. On the mention of sprites I don't do them.

Anyway the list:

Johto Dex - Its a rather long dex compared to the Sinnoh Dex in D/P or even the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum. Chikorita we know is Number #1 whilst Lapras is number #224.I would guess its up to 250 pokemon if not more. I'll post the numbers as they pop up during the game. Though I'm sure other sites will have the whole list done in a day of the rom leak.

Partner Pokemon - I'd like a page on the pokemon that follow you and how it works etc. I don't anticipate this part being that hard to do.

Legendary Pokemon - Obvious. You'll see we already have a lovely page on this: http://209.123.162.177/~vash//tpm/game/hgss/legendaries.php - Some of this may have to be separate out though that is dependent on what we eventually find in the game.

Pokewalker - We also have a nice section for this already as well. As I'm importing game hopefully I can work out how the thing works without getting frustrated and smashing the thing.

Pokethlon - This it appears are minigames and I'm not sure whether this replaces contests or is an addition to contests. But I hope to cover these as well.

Pokegear - Pretty self-explanatory. I'll cover these and how you obtain them etc etc. Also some of them will have extended sections such as the The Phone.

Berries/Berry Planter -There is a new berry planter that appears to be in your bag. As we don't have a berry page and I suspect berries will be similar to d/p/pt I'll have a large page about the berries and their stats etc.

Apricorns - They appear to be largely the same as g/s/c though one aspect is they will act as poffin for the pokethlon events. So I'll have a page about this as well.

Wifi Events and In-Game events - In-game events. We know of at least one wifi event in relation to a new course for the pokewalker. I also suspect this is how Celebi will be incorporated into the game. The in-game events refer to Arceus which allows you one of Dialga, Palkia or Giratine. Another is the Pikachu Coloured Pichu that gets you Notched Ear Pichu. There also appears to be an event that opens when Jirachi is transferred. I am likely to acquire all three pokemon today or tomorrow so I can do these events.

Touch Screen - The menu appears to be available via the touchscreen rather than pressing the X button. I'll have a section on this as well.

Itemfinder - As with the Dowsing Machine in d/p/pt this allows you to find hidden items. I'll have a section up on this as well and where you can items etc. This is likely to be long-term rather than a short-term project.

Gym Leaders and Elite 4 - Pretty self-explanatory. As I come to each I'll do a section on them. It won't surprise me if eager webmasters/people elsewhere have these sections done in a day.

Battle Fronteir - As with Platinum and Emerald. Heart Gold and Soul Silver have a battle fronteir. I can't see me covering this aspect of the game for ages.

Bug Catching Contest - I like bugs so I plan to do a section on this especially as I want Butterfree to follow me in the games. Though I anticipate being able to catch Caterpie before the actual Bug Contest.

Wi-fi Plaza/Battle Hall - Don't know much about them at this time but I anticipate covering them.

Headbutt trees - Seems to be replacing Honey Trees. Lets just hope Heracross and Munchlax are far easier to acquire.

Other sections:

- Items
- TMs and HMs
- Abilities (We don't have an abilitydex at this moment hence I'll do this.
- Attacks - No attackdex at this stage.
- Double Battles - I anticipate a few of these.
- Daily/Weekly events - May well be a long including the Day Siblings making their return.
- Safari Zone - Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed to have one of these by Ecruteak City I believe.
- Move Tutors - As there is a Battle Fronteir I anticipate at least three areas where one can get moves.

Other things that will be much more long-term:

Reobtainable TMs and reobtainable items - Along with an item list.I'm rather keen to have a page of TMs/items that can be brought via shopping or at the battle fronteir and a list of TMs/items that are one-offs. Eventually I hope to have it linked to D/P/pt. Hopefully TMs like Sleep Talk and Grass Knot can be acquired more than once in HG/SS.

Locations/Locatordex - Its a mix between what BMG does and what Serebii does with Pokeearth. This will have wild pokemon encounter rates. Major items. I may even do all items eventually. Along with covering the towns and cities as BMG does which Serebii doesn't really do. But this will be a long term project. But I anticipate it to be huge.

Trainer List/Trainer Database - I hope to have every trainer/gym leader/elite 4/battle facility players etc etc in the game with their levels etc. Once again this will be long-term.

Pokedex - Jeff is working on one now. But I'll do this in regards to HG/SS with maybe even releasing some of that information rather early. As in level up moves, tms pokemon can have etc put in earlier. In all likelihood Arty2 from Legendary Pokemon will have most of this extracted from the games once their is a rom leak.

Walkthru - I plan to have a walkthru up eventually as well which hopefully will link with the locatordex. Very long-term.

-----

That seems about it. I'm sure there will be other things to be covered such as Mystery Gift, Pal Park and how that works. Trading between HG/SS and D/P/pt and even with the GBA games. There may well be swarms, radar and Kanto may open up several surprises. There is of course Unown and likely this will be a whole page in itself. Then there are possible pages on storylines/plot and Team Rocket during the games. These releases are huge and are as big as D/P/PT if not bigger.

--------

There are a few aspects I won't be doing. I won't be taking screenshots of the game or extracting sprites from the games. My memory of G/S/C is very hazy and I only got to one badge in those games so don't anticipate on a page showing the differences between them.

----

Hopefully though I won't be the only one playing the games and I know Charles Legend has already said he plans to extract sprites and Jeff our mastermind will have the horrible job of actually putting things up on site sections. Jeff has already done an amazing job so far. There also aspects of the game I may have completely forgotten and that perhaps you'd like to see covered. If so feel free to request them here. I'm also sure several of you will want to contribute in many ways. And hopefully by the time these games are released in the English language we'll only have to make slight cosmetic changes.

Telume
8th September 2009, 01:34 AM
A couple of the aspects, SHOULD NOT HAVE changed from the original games. However as far as the Elite Four and Leaders are concerned, you could do with trying to document the changes to the teams.

I do suspect there WILL be changes to some of the leader's teams, due to the Johto dex having to take into account certain new evolutions that have appeared.

firepokemon
8th September 2009, 01:37 AM
Yes a couple of things won't have changed but to be honest as I only got thru one gym last time round. Hg/SS are essentially new games for me. Although we also have no information from the other games so I'm also treating that stuff as new.

Telume
8th September 2009, 01:40 AM
If you want, I have my G/S/C I can PM you the teams and tell you if they've changed or not when you get through the leader.

Phoenixsong
8th September 2009, 12:34 PM
I have GSC and will also be importing HG, firepokemon. While I'm not sure I'll have the time to do any substantial updates/coverage along the lines of what you'll be doing, if you need help with something or the perspective of someone who has played/will be playing both the originals and the remake, you can PM me about it.

Angel Blossom
8th September 2009, 09:39 PM
Phoenixsong, why bother importing the game? Just use the ROM when it comes out (my sources say it will be available in a day or two, just before the Japanese release ^^;). Besides, WPM, Serebii and other webmasters use ROMs to get all their information, although they're not keen to gloat about it publicly for obvious reasons. So, why can't we?

I wouldn't mind helping out, but my studies might hinder me somewhat. Which starter Pokemon will you be using, firepokemon? I'll choose a different one to the one you're planning to use so we can cover different facets of the game.

firepokemon
8th September 2009, 10:01 PM
Phoenixsong, why bother importing the game? Just use the ROM when it comes out (my sources say it will be available in a day or two, just before the Japanese release ^^;). Besides, WPM, Serebii and other webmasters use ROMs to get all their information, although they're not keen to gloat about it publicly for obvious reasons. So, why can't we?

I wouldn't mind helping out, but my studies might hinder me somewhat. Which starter Pokemon will you be using, firepokemon? I'll choose a different one to the one you're planning to use so we can cover different facets of the game.

I'm using Chikorita. I don't like the other two. I really hope we can pick up a rby starter when we get to Kanto. I want a Charmander. I'm also importing cause I want pokewalker which is so lame but who cares, lol.

And PhoenixSong - Simply playing the game will be enough really. I'm sure you'll be able to help. ^)^

---

My wifi is being absolutely woeful. Stupid 8840 error. So I dunno when I'll get the pokemon lol.

Phoenixsong
8th September 2009, 10:40 PM
I know they have the ROMs and all, but honestly I just can't stand computer games if a console/handheld alternative is available. And it's not my money anyway, it's gift money and right now I have nothing better to blow it on, so I don't mind. ^^;

I'll probably be using Totodile, for the record.

Charles Legend
9th September 2009, 12:41 PM
I was going to help sadly my current computer is an outdated piece of shit that it can't play roms, frankly I could care less about saving money on a new computer.

btw Angel Blossom what sources?

~Charles Legend