PDA

View Full Version : So, roleplay sites.

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 11:11 AM
Damn. Just, damn. My one site vanished from the face of the earth, and I'm seriously debating about leaving my other one. It just re-opened after dying a slow and painful death, and the moderator is already being a hyper bitch about stuff how the posts should be written when we have about three active members and the sites rating is 14.

14 year olds barely know how to use adjetives properly, let allown do all the crap she wants done...Roleplays shouldn't be freakin' MLA papers...So, anywho. This isn't mod appropved, nor should I think it count as advertising, but I needs some RP forums. Now.

Help a sista' out and hit me with some.

Roy Karrde
10th September 2009, 11:24 AM
Here's one (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

It has some very good RPers, but it lacks in activity some times.

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 11:31 AM
-_- I need a forum with a constant theme, goddamn you. I thought you were being helpful for a moment there. I hadda replace sincere thank yous with this: Blarg!

Lady Vulpix
10th September 2009, 11:32 AM
Well, that's true. You're posting in one. If you've already gone through the forum and haven't found tha kind of game you wanted to play, and you don't want to start your own either, you could try asking if anyone wants to run the game you have in mind (whatever that game is). If that fails, just search the web. There's a good chance that someone somewhere is running the game you're looking for.

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 11:38 AM
-_- I know this is a forum, I know this is a roleplay section. But when I slam those two words together, I meant a site dedicated to the roleplay of a single thing. Like Harry Potter or single-cell life forms, whatever. That's what I require in meh life-

And I was just hoping if anyone had any knocking around, that way, I could join, and have the benifit of knowing someone. Dear sweey baby jesus, it's like 20 questions.

I don't want a single game TwT I want a home

Weasel Overlord
10th September 2009, 11:40 AM
One word.

Livejournal (http://www.livejournal.com/interests.bml?int=roleplaying).

Off you toddle.

Lady Vulpix
10th September 2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry, I don't know of such a site. Most forums allow RPGs with different themes. And why wouldn't they? How does it affect you that while you play a game, someone else is playing a different game on a different topic?

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 11:51 AM
It's not really a different game :3 Its more like...alternate reality. Ugh, Live Journal. Like I said, I need a home. I need a place where a character can grow and devolope....

Live Journal brings back horrible dentist memories XD Not that the link wasn't useful, sorry. It makes me smell mint and shudder >w>

Lady Vulpix
10th September 2009, 12:54 PM
That place is your imagination, almost by definition. You don't need someone else to make a whole site dedicated to your character. Work with what you have and make your character grow.

Bear
10th September 2009, 01:57 PM
Here's one (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

It has some very good RPers, but it lacks in activity some times.

I lol'ed at this

Houndoom_Lover
10th September 2009, 05:11 PM
You don't need someone else to make a whole site dedicated to your character.

Dude, I never said that. Is it like Out of Context day

I just said I need a place where a character can grow for a long period of time. I just want a hardy proboard/exboard site XD Although, maybe I should return to looking about MSn forums. They were always nice.

I was Pm'ed a real nice one...Livejournal brings back bad dentist memories. I wish some of the old sites I use to roam where still up. I'm so full of the Olden Dayism anymore.

You know, the roleplay forum should really invest in a directory.

There was one site I use to roam- they made up a world all their own and gosh. *day dream face* It be just groovy if I could find one, latch my teeth into it and not have any nast distractions with it- I tell ya, I've had a tough run :3

Outlaw JT
11th September 2009, 01:41 PM
www.rpol.net

You'll have to do some digging there to find the type of game you're looking for but if any rp forum out there has it it's rpol. They have pretty much every genre. Some games use rules, lots are freeform. And each game is an isolated forum unto itself. You just have to dig around to find the game you're looking for.

ChobiChibi
12th September 2009, 05:01 AM
A few of my friends have rp sites dedicated to one thing... I think there's a Harry Potter one lurking around somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't have real interwebs atm so can't ask them for the URL...

Google is your friend.

Erm, other than that I have nothing to suggest... *crawls back into Internetless hole*

Houndoom_Lover
12th September 2009, 12:56 PM
Awww! Chobi! I feel your pain TwT But, yeah, feel free to send me the link when you get internets up-

I know, I just wanted to see what my homies here had for me ^_^ It's good to share the love-

Oh, thanks, Outlaw! This is sweet! ^w^

Outlaw JT
15th September 2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah. No problem. If you have the patience to go digging rpol is kind of the Mac Daddy of messageboard rpgs.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd September 2009, 03:26 PM
You were so right :3 I havn't found one that I wanna tuck into just yet, but the choses are endless and it is pleasing to me. ^w^

Outlaw JT
30th September 2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=38846&date=1254331556

Thought I'd throw that down here because it's a Pokemon rpg.

Houndoom_Lover
30th September 2009, 02:16 PM
...! A random event!! ^w^ Thank you!