PDA

View Full Version : Poll: PCG game blasts from the past...

Knight of Time
12th September 2009, 08:11 PM
Okay, believe it or not, but I'm starting to miss playing some of the games that seem to be collecting dust around here, anyone feel the same way? I thought I'd make a poll on this, just to see if some good memories could be brought back from games that hardly get any posts nowadays.

1. If you could only bring back one PCG game, which one would it be? Why?

For me, I'd want to bring back the Whack-A-TPMer game, after having some renewed laughs at the game, I realized how much I've been starting to miss it. Other than that, I have a few questions for you guys on the subject of the games that aren't being played too much these days, as in the ones that have been just sitting there, waiting for possible new life:

2. Which % " game was your favourite on here? Why?

My favourite game was of course, Whack-A-TPMer, for the reason of all the laughs it brought with it, of course, The Personality Game comes a close second.

3. Which game do you miss most? Why?

As surprising as it may be, the game I miss most is The Personality Game, in a way, it helped us to learn a little about each other, and in a sense, had the prediction thing in it, e.g. making a prediction like if the next poster has been to Disney World, etc.

4. How well do you think the older games would fare in competing for posts against the newer games?

Well, this one's a tricky question, it'd probably depend on the game that people liked the most, out of the ones not being played so much these days. In my opinion, I'd say the most popular of the games not being played would probably have the best chance of competing with the newer games around here for posts.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th September 2009, 12:24 AM

I think I agree with you Knight of Time and I would choose Whack-a-TPMer. It was so funny. The problem is, I killed the game by having the Extreme version in 2008. Perhaps the traditional version should be brought back. I believe there's one more reason why nobody has done it, and that's calculating the scores in the end, which I did. But if anyone would like to see that game again, PM me. If I get enough PMs, I might start the classic version once again. And calculate the scores in the end.

2. Which % " game was your favourite on here? Why?

I didn't get that percent thingy, but my favourite dead game ever was Twisted Wishes. It brought endless possiblilites, and I always came up with some twist.

Agreeing again, that's the easy way. The Personality Game rocked! We learned so much about each other.

4. How well do you think the older games would fare in competing for posts against the newer games?

Well, some older games like Big Brother and The Werewolf Game really needed many active users, and that's why they wouldn't work, perhaps. We also gave up with Truth or Dare, but it might be interesting to have some rounds of it again. It's just that playing these games is a collective thing. One or two persons can't do that alone, especiallly with that wait-for-two-other-persons-to-post rule. We need a game with a lot of interest to grab a huge number of players.

Knight of Time
13th September 2009, 12:21 PM
Just ignore the percent sign, it was a mistake on my part when I was typing. And yeah, I have to strongly agree with you on the classic Whack-A-TPMer game, the Extreme version is just too complicated.

Lady Vulpix
13th September 2009, 03:07 PM
I find it hard to distinguish between the 3 questions, so I'll default to paragraph mode.

I miss games like Lingo, the Alphabet game and even that silly game in which you were supposed to change one word at a time. And the Personality game too. I also miss "Who's that trainer", but that one would be too hard to bring back. And I still have hopes for Expedia, even though it will take a while to get it moving again, especially without another worker.

I think I miss Lingo the most because it made me think the most. But it got boring when no one else was playing.

I don't see why the games would have to compete, but I think it may be possible to bring back at least one of them. Probably not Lingo, though. Personality or Alphabet, maybe.

Zak
13th September 2009, 04:12 PM
I think Lingo might be worth a shot to bring back. There is a fair amount of people who read PCG, don't know if they'd frequent it but they might.

Knight of Time
13th September 2009, 04:16 PM
I find it hard to distinguish between the 3 questions, so I'll default to paragraph mode.

I miss games like Lingo, the Alphabet game and even that silly game in which you were supposed to change one word at a time.

You must be thinking of the Gossip Game there, Gabi. Yeah, that game did have its laughs.

On the subject of Expedia, you told me over AIM about Dragonair Rider, has he moved on from the game, Gabi?

mr_pikachu
19th November 2009, 02:14 AM

Hmm, that's a tricky one. I actually have a few games I've been meaning to revive, including the Cartoon Character Battle, the Riddle Game, and even the Or Game. I guess I'd lean toward the Riddle Game, because that really needs to return to TPM.

2. Which game was your favourite on here? Why?

Another tricky question. Oddly enough, I particularly enjoyed Octillery's Jeopardy! game. I've pondered reviving that one from time to time, as well.

Jeopardy! wasn't around for very long, so I'd have to say either the Cartoon Character Battle or the Riddle Game. They were just real classics that had unique ways to get involved, the likes of which we don't really see from many of the newer games.

It depends on the game. Some require a lot of thought (i.e. The Riddle Game)... that was ultimately what hurt that one, I think. Others are just hard for the host to run (such as the Cartoon Character Battle and Plantae's Axis Mundi and variants). I think the latter group would do very well, as long as someone could keep up with administering it. The former are harder to predict, as people often get into funks where they don't have time to really work at it.

Lady Vulpix
19th November 2009, 07:44 PM
I think Lingo might be worth a shot to bring back. There is a fair amount of people who read PCG, don't know if they'd frequent it but they might.

It may be worth a shot. Would you like to post it?

You must be thinking of the Gossip Game there, Gabi. Yeah, that game did have its laughs.

On the subject of Expedia, you told me over AIM about Dragonair Rider, has he moved on from the game, Gabi?

Yes, he has moved on, as have the rest of the founders. I'm the only one who seems to be immune to the Expedia curse. It may be my natural stubbornness.