PDA

View Full Version : Some News About Movie 6

Coronis
12th April 2003, 01:12 PM
I just got the new Corocoro today and got the following new info:

The Magician in white tuxedo that we saw in the preview is called Butler (Batoraa) and the blonde woman is his assistant called Diane (Daian). Butler owns Duskclops, Kirlia, Mightyena and possible Salamence.

The 'thing' that Jirachi hibernates in is called the "Sleeping Cocoon" and Jirachi will awake every 1 thousand years, like the game's description. Its awakening time coincides with a meteor that approaches the Earch once every 1 thousand years. The meteor only stays around for 7 days and thus Jirachi only awakes for 7 days as well.

Team Magma will be featured mainly in this movie with their Groudon plan. From the screenshots I think Kyogre will only make a very brief cameo. Jirachi appears to be like Celebi, i.e. always smiles and gets hugged by others (here, Masato) I doubt it's a strong pokemon despite its special ability to grant wishes. No info on the Flygon's owner though.

Also included is a brief comic strip that may reflects the general storyline:

Butler appears to be a scientist of Team Magma many years ago and he possesses a tooth the belongs to a legendary pokemon. (possibly Groudon) He was trying to resurrect the pokemon with his inventions but failed and was expelled from the team. He swore to succeed one day.

Ash and co. spent the night in a great meadow and a big meteor is approaching Earth. The next morning they woke up to find a theme park next to them where a magic show is shown. Ash and co. watched the show performed by Butler and his assistant Diane, who held Jirachi's "Sleeping Cocoon" all the time. Mightyena, Kirlia and Duskclops were the helping pokemons. Masato heard Jirachi calling out to him and Butler noticed that. Team Rocket disguised themselves as clowns and stole Kirlia and Mightyena and Pikachu when Ash and Masato were invited to be guest stars of the show. Dusclops saved them all and blew TR away with Nightshade.

After the show, Butler told Ash and co. that within the coccoon lies Jirachi, who awakes for 7 days every 1 thousand years when a meteor approaches. Before its awakening however, it has to be protectd by a 'partner' it chose that has a pure soul. Butler said apparently Masato was the chosen one there and Diane handed the coccon over to him. Masato started acting weird and ran off with the coccon. Ash and co. chased after him.

Butler told Diane that Jirachi would awake that night and his wish would come to pass soon. He was still holding the tooth. Diane looked worried...

That's all of it. Appears that Butler wanted Jirachi to resurrect (awaken) Groudon? Diane might later help Ash and co. I think. Too bad my scanner's not working or I could have put up some screen shots.

pikachu master
12th April 2003, 02:20 PM
Thanks! I really appresiate that!

Zak
12th April 2003, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the info, Coronis. However, bear in mind that whenever you post a topic like this, add a SPOILER warning. *Adds it* just remember next time....

~Zak

Hanada Tattsu
12th April 2003, 09:46 PM
Wow, thanks for the info, Coronis!

I was hoping that Kyogre would make a larger appearence than just a cameo, but I'm hoping that they leave that to Movie 7, if there is one, that is.

CobaltDragon
12th April 2003, 10:30 PM
I thought there would be a movie about the ultimate battle between Kyogre and Groudon, like it says in R/S. The Red Orb and Blue Orb needs to be put together to save the world, Jirachi is a protector or something....wait this sounds like Pokemon 2000.......*sigh*:confused:

Powarun
13th April 2003, 05:58 PM
Thank you, it sounds like an intresting plot. What does Absol have to do with anything, because I heard he might be in it.

Coronis
14th April 2003, 01:12 AM
From another source it says that Absol is somewhat the Guardian of Jirachi everytime it awakes. My guess is its role to similar to Slowking's role to Lugia in pokemon 2000.

CobaltDragon
14th April 2003, 01:24 AM
Absol is somewhat the Guardian of Jirachi everytime it awakes

but Absol is a disaster Pokemon...it's meant to bring natural disasters...oh well maybe for protecting purposes

Tyranatar Gojira
14th April 2003, 07:21 AM
Actually Absols Pokedex entry says it appears before a disaster, and got a bad reputation as a resualt. It may be trying to warn people about the disaster.

Poke King
14th April 2003, 10:47 AM
Sounds like a cool movie with cool pokemon, cant wait 2 c groudon and kyogre, but i still want the awseome MEWTWO to come bk :D

Hanada Tattsu
14th April 2003, 10:54 AM
I still agree with some people's theory that Absol is Ash's guardian in Hoenn. Kinda like Suicune was in Johto (well not really, but he did sight it a few times).

It will guard him against some kind of disaster, like Team Magma or Aqua. I dunno, but its role in the movie is uncertain. It doesn't belong to Butler or possibly Diane, so I'm guessing that's it.

Either that or it is Jirachi's guardian every time it awakens.

Dr_Omicron
17th April 2003, 02:06 AM
I hope Absol talks in this one...I'd love to hear its voice.

Hanada Tattsu
17th April 2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Omicron
I hope Absol talks in this one...I'd love to hear its voice.

Yeah, I guess it would be cool to hear Absol talk. I just hope they won't give it a bad dub voice, because this is something 4Kids just can't mess up on.

I'd also want to hear Deoxys talk when and if it's finally seen in an actual movie or special or whatever. I'd want it to talk to Mewtwo and Mew or something along those lines.

Serebii of SPP
17th April 2003, 09:03 AM
According to Palette Jirachi talks telepathically with Ash and Masato

Hanada Tattsu
17th April 2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Serebii of SPP
According to Palette Jirachi talks telepathically with Ash and Masato

Thanks, Joe!

They've brought telephatic powers to the anime again. I think one of these days Ash is really going to start telepathically communicating with all his Pokemon, not just Pikachu.

Ashi-chan
17th April 2003, 08:12 PM
Ooh! This movie sounds interesting! I like that Masato plays a rather large part in this movie. He's so nerdy and cuuuute!!!

Hanada Tattsu
17th April 2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Ashi-chan
Ooh! This movie sounds interesting! I like that Masato plays a rather large part in this movie. He's so nerdy and cuuuute!!!

Yeah, I'm glad Masato gets some big role in the series, because of all I've seen of AG he plays the role Brock and Misty once played, mentors to Ash.

It must change however, because if he communicates telepathically with Jirachi, it's a pretty huge role.

Coronis
19th April 2003, 01:57 AM
Just a little bit more news. It appears that the 'tooth' that Butler possesses and is trying to revive does belong to Groudon afterall. The preview of the next issue of Corocoro mentions the awakening of Meta-Groudon. Not sure if it is THE Groudon but I guess it might be some twisted thing Groudon turned into like the big Celebi-golem thing Celebi turned into in Movie 4.

By the way, meta- usually means 'old' as in biological terms. Groudon and Kyogre are often referred to the ancient legendaries. hm... just a thought.

Zak
19th April 2003, 02:24 AM
According to Palette, this MetaGroudon might be a combination of Groudon and Metagross... ;)

~Zak

Light_Togetic
19th April 2003, 01:15 PM
Cool. MetaGroudon? Can't wait to see what that looks like. This movie does sound pretty cool so far though! I too, am glad that they give Masato a bigger role... because otherwise he's just some kid that gives Ash advice... kinda annoying really... Anyway, I like how they will focus on Groudon though. Too many legendaries makes it seem more like an advertising campaign... ;) But it sounds cool so far!

By the way, there's a new trailer up on www.pokemon2003.jp/! It looks good! I like the music, and Jirachi's really cute. It reminds me of Mew.

Nikku-San
19th April 2003, 05:35 PM
MetaGroudon... Hehehe...

Metagross! Groudon! Jogress Shinka! METAGROUDON! ... MON!

Yes... I'm a Digimon freak. *hides in shame*

Totodilemew
19th April 2003, 07:46 PM
In the new movie trailer, Absol has a deep growling type voice. It sounds very cool to me. I can't wait for this movie...

CobaltDragon
22nd April 2003, 04:08 AM
KYOGRE!! WHAT ABOUT KYOGRE!?!?!?!?! :confused:

Kyogre is so cool! I like it much better than Groudon....

Coronis
22nd April 2003, 09:48 AM
Kyogre would most certainly make a cameo appearance only in this movie. It is obvious as it's not featured on the movie poster

Chris 2.1
23rd April 2003, 02:15 PM
well, if this is Groudon's debut, then i'm sure Kyorge and Groudon's background will be explained, how they keep Hoenn in balance etc etc.

Sounds digimonish with Metagroudon...:confused:

OpOp32
23rd April 2003, 07:20 PM
This is just a random hypothesis about Kyogre...

Mabye when Butler does end up waking Groudon (or MetaGroudon...whatever), and im guessing that he DOES wake Groudon, since it and Kyogre have always battled, mabye Kyogre is woken also. Since Groudon is ressurected, its main purpose is carrying out the battle with Kyogre, so therefore awakens the sea monster, which was not part of Butler's plans.

:) :) :)

Hanada Tattsu
23rd April 2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by OpOp32
This is just a random hypothesis about Kyogre...

Mabye when Butler does end up waking Groudon (or MetaGroudon...whatever), and im guessing that he DOES wake Groudon, since it and Kyogre have always battled, mabye Kyogre is woken also. Since Groudon is ressurected, its main purpose is carrying out the battle with Kyogre, so therefore awakens the sea monster, which was not part of Butler's plans.

:) :) :)

That is a good idea, but I doubt it will happen as if this is the case, Kyogre would not make a cameo, it's role would be pretty major.

As for Metagross, it is a cool Pokemon, but then again, I don't think it's good enough for a film. I'd like to see Brock or Ash getting a Beldum though.

Metagross being combined with Groudon is pretty cool. I think Groudon should be part-steel.

CobaltDragon
24th April 2003, 07:41 AM
Beldum seems like Dratini and Larvitar to me. You know, how they have a pokemon that evolves twice just before the main legendary Pokemon. Bagon seems similar too. Beldum might be too "rare" for Ash to get.

Back to the topic, Kyogre may not even have a movie just like Ho-oh didn't. Lugia and Groudon beat their movie spot i suppose. What about Rayquaza, the three Regi's and Deoxys? Will they have a movie?

They seem to have created too many legendaries for R/S. 10 if I counted right.

Bacl
1st May 2003, 01:59 PM
Do Team Rocket have anything more then a cameo (if that) in this movie?

Entropy
1st May 2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by CobaltDragon
KYOGRE!! WHAT ABOUT KYOGRE!?!?!?!?! :confused:

Kyogre is so cool! I like it much better than Groudon....

They'll take care of Kyogre in the 7th movie....j/k

Hanada Tattsu
1st May 2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Bacl
Do Team Rocket have anything more then a cameo (if that) in this movie?

As far as I know, the main antagonists of the sixth movie are Team Magma and Team Aqua. As far as I know, they're concentrating on making Team Aqua and Team Magma the main villians in Hoenn, not Team Rocket.