PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West is a douche

Drago
14th September 2009, 04:41 AM
From the genius mind who brought you an eloquent tale of George Bush's racial indifference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI), Kanye West's latest stunt has turned him from an idiot to a mean-spirited asswipe. Well actually, judging by his lyrics he's always been an asswipe, but here's further evidence to the fact.

Taylor Swift won the award for best female video at MTV's VMAs. The kid seems pretty stoked, saying about how she's always wanted to win one of these, thanks for giving country music a chance, etc... Then our friend Kanye comes on-stage, snatches the mic off her, and states that Beyonce (one of the other nominees) made one of the best videos of all time. He then gives the mic back to Swift, who appears absolutely crushed. So basically, he's saying Beyonce should have won, congratulations Taylor Swift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSuEtOVLu0

...What the hell, dude. I really hope that West's career of modified tracks and self-loving lyrics goes in a Pacman Jones direction. In fact, I'd be ecstatic if this tool hit the skids in a big way. Do I care about Taylor Swift's music or videos? Nah, I think that her stuff is tripe. But to take her moment away from her like that, to basically declare that her award is undeserved, is in my mind, absolutely reprehensible.

Anyone else care to weigh in? Taylor Swift fans who want Kanye West's blood? People who find it hilarious? Or perhaps the third party who wants to weigh in with the fact that... in reality, the music video was actually someone else's work and all Taylor Swift had to do was simply appear in it? (Come on, none of that, that just makes things boring!)

Gavin Luper
14th September 2009, 05:22 AM
Total and utter douche. Not that I had any particular feelings toward him before, but I now have zero respect for him. That's just bitter and sour grapes. Can you imagine winning a major award in any field of work - let alone one as difficult and fleeting as mainstream music - and then having someone shit all over it while you're still on stage accepting it? Fucking lame, Kanye.

Good on Taylor for winning - I've heard that song and it's okay, and the video is kinda like a cheesy teen movie squished into three minutes, but it's cute and a bit quirky and more interesting than watching Destiny's Child Beyonce and two back up dancers do the same sexy dance moves ad nauseum.

Heald
14th September 2009, 06:39 AM
I've always hated Kanye West. His music sucks, his attitude stinks, he throws an absolute hissy-fit whenever a white person is more successful than him, he has an ego the size of a planet; frankly, he's just all-round not a very nice human being.

Not that I really care for Taylor Swift either. Personally I prefer Katy Perry or Pink.

I also agree that congratulating the artist for the music video is retarded, since they usually have little say in what actually happens.

In fact, I so strongly agree with the thread title that I want to rename this forum with it. Or at least sticky this thread.

EDIT: Kanye West gave a very back-handed apology on his blog where he appeared to apologise to Taylor Swift but said he did what he did because he was a fan of 'real music'. What. A. Prick. He has since deleted the post from his page (so either he realised what a horrible apology was or he just didn't want to appear to be actually apologising for something he did).

Kanye West: From stealing other people's songs to stealing the spotlight. What. A. Prick.

Master Rudy
14th September 2009, 06:55 AM
Come on.....is anyone really surprised at this move given his track record? This would be like Daniel Craig winning an award for playing James Bond and then having Matt Damon walk on stage and saying he needs to give it to Sean Connery since he's the one to have made the role famous :-/

Heald
14th September 2009, 06:57 AM
Come on.....is anyone really surprised at this move given his track record? This would be like Daniel Craig winning an award for playing James Bond and then having Matt Damon walk on stage and saying he needs to give it to Sean Connery since he's the one to have made the role famous :-/
I don't think it is that really...think about it: Kanye West hates white people. Would he have done this idiotic stunt if Beyonce was a white superstar? Probably not. I've never seen someone try to alienate such a wide proportion of his fan-base.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th September 2009, 07:18 AM
Arrogant. Made it to the top. Became more arrogant. Married a million dollar babe who's also in the music buisiness. Became more arrogant. Became filthy rich. Even more arrogance.

If you put that on a stove for ten minutes, you'll have yourself a royal douchebag stew.

Jeff
14th September 2009, 08:36 AM
Kanye West does not care about white people. She should have said to him, "no Kanye, that award belongs with me-e-eee".

Lame jokes aside, here's someone who rose to fame from a complete unknown in just a few years, by singing country music. Not only does she break into the pop charts, but manages to win a pop award from a network that usually doesn't care for country music. If I were her, I'd be ecstatic, and she certainly was. Now, Kanye comes over to her to tell her she didn't deserve it. What a dick, what, a, dick.

Telume
14th September 2009, 10:19 AM
This my friends is why I do not like the Hip-Hop and R&B culture. Buncha assholes.

Houndoom_Lover
14th September 2009, 10:29 AM
Beyonce shoulda won in my oppion, but that's no reason to say it in public. Garsh, I love Kanye West, it's what I listen too when I paint in the dead of night. It really...pumps me up. And when I switch to the Black Eye Peas or Jay-Z :3

But yeah, saw that last night. It was a bit rude of him. He should have saved it for the aftermath. Or like a talkshow. Or something. This award cerimony was really not so hot this year. Some of the jokes were really cringde worthy.

Not a fan of Swift myself, so yeah- whateves. I like the Oreo Cookie Love Song, youtube that right now. I demand you.

Systematic Revolution
14th September 2009, 01:25 PM
GG Kanye, you're the biggest tool in the music industry since Axl Rose.

classy_cat18
14th September 2009, 03:14 PM
You'd think that he would've learned his lesson by now. Being a douchebag on national TV does not help you with your career!

...Not unless you know how to do it.

Anyway, this had to have been a major thing for Taylor Swift, whether she deserved it or not. To do that to her in front of a huge audience, on TV, was...just wrong. I'm glad Beyonce supported her.

But Kanye, this was MTV, not BET. You really should've seen it coming.

Jeff
14th September 2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmcQDZu8LSc

I love how you can always count on the Internet to properly handle anything.

Edit: And THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odREKaPfqh8)

Crystal Mew
14th September 2009, 03:39 PM
once a douche, always a douche.

I actually like taylor swift and her music so its pretty sad what he did, I feel bad for her. I havent been able to see the youtube clip though cause someone keeps taking it down :[

Lune the Guardian
15th September 2009, 11:23 AM
Taylor Swift's lyrics don't do anything for me, but her music sounds nice. The song used in her video isn't one of the ones that I like, but I still think the video was cute. More of a music video than three scantily dressed dancers anyway. She looked really surprised when they announced her name, I don't think she was expecting to win with country music. Poor girl. The first time you win a big award is when it really counts, after that it just doesn't feel as awesome anymore. Really mean spirited of Kanye to take that moment away from her.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th September 2009, 11:40 AM
The hitler-one, was very nicely done.

Hey that rhymes. *twirls*

Andrew
15th September 2009, 05:57 PM
Well, here's hoping Kanye dissapears from view ASAP.

For a bit of fun, check out the previous versions of his Wikipedia page that were vandalised so to say.

Mr. Brightside
16th September 2009, 02:01 PM
He was always a jerk. But even so, i am surprised at this though it's not the first time he does something like this. Completely idiot! He talks about real music when he's the one using auto tune in all of his songs! But what to expect from a person who exploits Jesus to make million worthy jewelery.

PNT510
16th September 2009, 02:46 PM
What's really sad is this is probably just going to help his next album sell more copies.

MToolen
16th September 2009, 09:05 PM
I really hope something clicked when he was interviewed by Jay Leno Monday night. If you didn't see it, here's about how it went down:

Jay: So, I got a chance a few years ago to have an interview with your mother. What do you think she would have to say about this?
Kanye: *stares blankly at feet for half a minute. On national television.*
Jay: So, would you think she'd be disappointed?
Kanye: Uh, yeah... *interview continues*

There's a difference between being confident and being arrogant. There's a difference between being proud of your race and hating others. I hope Kanye turns his attitude and his life around. That would be an even bigger story.

classy_cat18
16th September 2009, 09:19 PM
What's really sad is this is probably just going to help his next album sell more copies.

Not when the audience booed every time someone mentioned him or "Love Lockdown". XD

Drago
17th September 2009, 07:57 PM
Who's in the audience of the VMAs anyway? Because I'd fathom that there's a large percentage of bonehead Kanye fans who were cheering at home.

DarkestLight
17th September 2009, 08:02 PM
>>Ima be Kanye for Halloween :O

Systematic Revolution
18th September 2009, 01:00 AM
Hey guys, I'm'a let you finish but Zak had the best celebrity-related thread of all time.

DGOHSFKJASDGKOFHFLWER IfiJP:Nkl;ba;dfja;lkfnfuck.

Blademaster
18th September 2009, 08:45 AM
"Imma let you finish, but" has been confirmed to be a new meme.

Joy oh fucking joy...

Crystal Mew
18th September 2009, 11:52 AM
Who's in the audience of the VMAs anyway? Because I'd fathom that there's a large percentage of bonehead Kanye fans who were cheering at home.

Actually, most of the celebs were/are pretty pissed off at him for doing that. Lots of them twittered about it..like katy perry:

"fuck you kanye! it's like you stepped on a kitten"

lol

Heald
18th September 2009, 11:58 AM
Jay-Z defends Kanye West (http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_8263000/8263005.stm)

Now, I know Jay-Z is much, much smarter than Kanye, and I know he is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for being. He is also actually talented, unlike Kanye, who flat out sucks. And at least Jay-Z keeps his ego in check.

But he could have picked a better argument to defend Kanye with. If you don't want to/can't read the link, he says:

"I think it was rude but the way they're treating him... He's on the cover of every paper. He didn't kill anybody. No one got harmed."

Oh, so he didn't kill anyone. So that makes it alright then.

Hey, I'm going to take a leak through my ratty neighbour's letterbox, but don't worry, it's okay, I'm not killing anyone.

Also, the fact that his talentless wife is also at the centre of this storm and happens to be friends with Kanye West probably has nothing to do with this idiotic defence either.

Blademaster
18th September 2009, 03:46 PM
I laughed pretty damn hard at the part that says that Obama called Kanye a jackass.

Houndoom_Lover
19th September 2009, 02:13 PM
I agree with Jay-Z however. STFU about it.

It's like tabloid news as far as I'm concerned.

You know what would be front page/cover worthy...If Kanye got Swift pregnant. Now that's a front page story. *turns on 'Brush Your Shoulders Off' and gets back to work*

PNT510
20th September 2009, 02:39 AM
I agree with Jay-Z however. STFU about it.

It's like tabloid news as far as I'm concerned.

You know what would be front page/cover worthy...If Kanye got Swift pregnant. Now that's a front page story. *turns on 'Brush Your Shoulders Off' and gets back to work*

This is news worthy because the guy decided to be a total dick bag to some girl in front of millions of people.

Crystal Mew
20th September 2009, 09:07 AM
and the fact that she's a teenager, and he's a full grown man makes it even worse

Houndoom_Lover
20th September 2009, 02:19 PM
...Still doesn't make it newsworthy in my book. Maybe for a day or two, but not this long.

Is this what humanities been brought to? Lingering on the words of a man that doesn't even matter that occured during a superfical awards cerimony. Sad.

Kurosakura
20th September 2009, 02:20 PM
Well, I would think that as a celebrity, he should set an example for the public, and because he was out of line, the media's making a big deal out of it.

Houndoom_Lover
20th September 2009, 02:52 PM
....Has Kanye West EVER been an example of someone anyone should look up too in public?

Kurosakura
20th September 2009, 03:01 PM
You'll be surprised how much influence celebrities have, douche or not.

Houndoom_Lover
20th September 2009, 03:14 PM
No, I don't think I'll be surprised :3

Magmar
27th September 2009, 07:34 PM
The Jews are fasting right now!

and Kanye's a dick.

toucheiruka
28th September 2009, 11:04 AM
*gets sniper rifle*

hey Kanye, how about you finish this?

anyway........

arrogant and idiotic.

rained on a parade on somebody who had a great music video and say that somebody who sang about single ladies deserves it. SINGLE LADIES SUCKS AND IS OVERPLAYED! and to think that Kanye "douchebag of the year" "derp of the year" "egotistiacal moron of the year" West had the balls to do this to somebody who undoubtedly is better than him? if it was me, I'd beat his ass with the microphone, kick his spleen, and toss him off the stage.

what a assclown....

Houndoom_Lover
28th September 2009, 11:12 AM
*tragic face* Single Ladies doesn't suck! It's a good song AND a hillarious spoof on Saturday Night Live!

Fff'- Ya'll clearly never listened to Kanye West's Workout, that song is laugh out loud and waaay better than anything Swift has produced. Whininy little Country Singer. I'm so tired of all these young imps making it big.

Yay she won. Oo, she got smack down at the smack-downies event in the world.

Ooooo.

-o- *leaves this thread*

Heald
28th September 2009, 11:51 AM
Here are the lyrics of 'Single Ladies':

ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES

IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT

WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH

(repeat ad nauseum)

Yes, very poignant, I can't even begin to fathom how this was beaten.

toucheiruka
28th September 2009, 02:13 PM

ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES ALL THE SINGLE LADIES

IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT

WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH WOAH-HO-HO-HO-OH-OH-OH

(repeat ad nauseum)

even in lyrics it is terrible.

*goes to hide in corner*

Magmar
28th September 2009, 10:28 PM

(repeat ad nauseum)

LMFAO. Too right! Ugh. Don't forget the kneeling-standing Catholic church mass dance that they're all doing, flapping their hands like idiots.

Houndoom_Lover
29th September 2009, 02:04 PM
:P I've had that song stuck in my head for like two days. Saying that you prefer Swift over Beyoncé when you're a dude gives you 28 Gay Points on the Homosexual Chart. That's like insta-gay. Just add babycorn :3

Also, I'll deduck ten gay points from anyone who can tell me what book I'm referancing.

That only good thing Swift has ever given us is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhdjBSpNlg8

Crystal Mew
29th September 2009, 02:59 PM
the only time single ladies pops into my head, is when I'm at a wedding and they say "all the single ladies come catch the boquet!"

then I start singing it :(

Jeff
29th September 2009, 03:06 PM
My sister is actually going to have that song play when she tosses the bouquet at her wedding.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th September 2009, 03:23 PM
I play that song through my ghettoblaster when I walk around naked on the street, but it doesn't work. Perhaps I shouldn't have weared socks.

Houndoom_Lover
29th September 2009, 03:28 PM
Haha, aww! I love when people sing in unison XD And Jeff, that's way too funny! That'll be a fun wedding though!

Oh yeah, MLG, you gotta ditch the socks- I need to get me a ghettoblaster :3

Drago
30th September 2009, 03:40 AM
Saying that you prefer Swift over Beyoncé when you're a dude gives you 28 Gay Points on the Homosexual Chart. That's like insta-gay. Just add babycorn :3
You seem to be misunderstanding us. We're not saying that we particularly like Taylor Swift. We're just saying that Beyoncé's stuff is shit. There's a difference.

Houndoom_Lover
30th September 2009, 02:09 PM
Hmmhmm, sounds like the same tune to me *taps my teeth* I'll beleive you...this time :3, but I'd refrain from picking out throw rugs for a while if I were you.

Kurosakura
30th September 2009, 09:14 PM
You seem to be misunderstanding us. We're not saying that we particularly like Taylor Swift. We're just saying that Beyoncé's stuff is shit. There's a difference.

Whatever he said. :) I'm not a fan of either of them, since Taylor Swift's voice is too whiny and she's not all that attractive (in my opinion anyway), and Beyonce's music is that mainstream junk. However, I can't fathom how Single Ladies managed to top all of the other music videos. Apparently having two backup dancers, sex appeal, and putting things in black and white make things awesome. This is why I don't bother with the stuff that plays on the radio, anymore, cause it makes my ears bleed when I hear it and blinds me when I watch it.

*goes back to ASBland*

DarkestLight
30th September 2009, 09:48 PM
>> Ok I'm jumping in real fast.

Those are NOT the lyrics to Single Ladies.

[Chorus]

[Verse 1]
Now put your hands up
Up in the club (club, just broke up (up)
I'm doing my own little thing
You decided to dip (dip) and now you wanna trip (trip)
Cuz another brother noticed me
I'm up on him (him), he up on me (me)
Don't pay him any attention
Done cried my tears (tears), for three good years(years)
Ya can't be mad at me

[Chorus]

Verse 2
I got gloss on my lips (lips), a man on my hips(hips)
Hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
Acting up (up), drink in my cup (cup)
I can care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention
Don't pay him any attention
Cuz you had your turn (turn)
And now you gone learn
Wat it really feels like to miss me

Those are the Lyrics, that-what you posted, was simply the chorus. S'all I'm saying :o.

Drago
30th September 2009, 09:51 PM
Reads like a Twitter post.

Magmar
2nd October 2009, 01:04 PM
I never realized that musical preferences determined my sexuality! I must be REALLY straight, then, based off what I listen to. No way I like man parts, just vajayjays.