PDA

View Full Version : Shin Chan Creator/Author found Dead

Roy Karrde
20th September 2009, 02:16 PM
http://news.toonzone.net/articles/31157/shin-chan-author-yoshito-usui-1958-2009

Yoshito Usui, creator and author of the long-running manga series Crayon Shin-chan, was found dead on September 20th at Mt. Arafune in Japan.

He had left for a day-long hiking trip to Gunma Prefecture on September 11th, and was missing for several days before his body was found and identified by authorities on Sunday.

The future of the Shin-chan manga is "to be determined", according to the editorial staff at Futabasha's Manga Town magazine.

From what I have been hearing, the manga will be continued until December ( Most likely the last issue he worked on ) and the Anime is being put on hold with the last episode available being considered to be aired on Oct 16th if not just canned completely.

Kurosakura
20th September 2009, 02:19 PM
That's another celebrity, albeit a more obscure one, that kicked the bucket within a three month time frame. D:

Houndoom_Lover
20th September 2009, 02:25 PM
owo I love that show! This is a tragic!

Mr. Brightside
20th September 2009, 03:30 PM
OMG! I'm very shocked! I'm not a fan of the series, since i've never watched it but still this is really sad.

DarkestLight
21st September 2009, 12:01 PM
That's really sad. I really liked ShinChan too...I hope it wasn't foul Play..

Houndoom_Lover
21st September 2009, 03:48 PM
He made Shinchan! Of course it was foul play! TwT But who would want to kill such a genius?