PDA

View Full Version : Shaymin Wi-Fi Event

firepokemon
22nd September 2009, 06:53 AM
Shaymin event is here. Thus far only been announced for North America but as with the Darkrai event it wouldn't surprise me if the event is announced in the next few days on the same dates for Europe and Australia/New Zealand.

Also last week or so Pokemon.com revealed Arceus. That should be an even at some stage, though it doesn't look like it'll be via Wi-Fi.

Drago
22nd September 2009, 07:17 AM
<3 you, fp.

My mad collecting continues!! I've had a perfect attendance streak (other than Celebi, but I don't think that ever happened around my neck of the woods anyway - and I've since acquired the elusive git on R/S) and Shaymin is a breath of fresh air from all of the floaty little psychic sprites. That being said though, I still love my Mew and Jirachi!

firepokemon
22nd September 2009, 08:16 AM
Hmm a NZ video game website has 23rd April as the release date for HG/SS. I've found the site to be truthful in the past. But we'll see.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd September 2009, 10:46 AM
Oh, excellent news, I hope there'll be one in Europe as well. After that I'd only miss Arceus for a complete Pokédex.

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd September 2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for posting this, fp!!

This will be nice. I already got a Shaymin on Diamond and Pearl, but now I can have one on Platinum too.

Starry Might
22nd September 2009, 02:17 PM
Heh, I got beaten to posting this!

Anyhow, since I already got a Shaymin from Toys 'R' Us, I probably won't do this one, but thanks for saying it anyway, fp!

I'm more interested in the Arceus event (whenever that will be).

DarkestLight
22nd September 2009, 04:48 PM
I've hit up every event thus far, so why not this one as well :o Platinum Shaymin is great means no trading over from DP onto Pt.

firepokemon
28th September 2009, 05:16 AM
As expected Shaymin event confirmed for Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

DarkestLight
28th September 2009, 10:11 PM
That is the longest pathway ever. I know where I'm hatching eggs from now on :D! >>

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
29th September 2009, 10:57 AM
I hear you. I actually turned back at one point to see if I'm not ending up at the start of the pathyway right away, making it some kind of mirage.

DarkestLight
29th September 2009, 07:24 PM
I looked at it on the map. I'm like "Why? Why the hell does it need to be waaay out in supereastern bubble%$^&

Oh, is this only for Platinum? Or will it work on DP as well?

Number1ChanseyFan
29th September 2009, 07:48 PM
According to pokemon.com this promo is only for Platinum.

Rossymore
30th September 2009, 12:54 AM
So we've had the Darkrai event and the Shaymin event...I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll miss that event as well.

One thing DL, it may be a great place to hatch the Eggs but it is quite out of the way and inconvenient.

DarkestLight
30th September 2009, 06:44 AM
Ros: Why are you missing out on it? Its gonna be in Europe :o.

Or don't you have Platinum?

Rossymore
30th September 2009, 10:48 AM
I haz no Wi-Fi.

Unless it's like a special download thing...in that case the nearest Toys-R-Us is not convenient.

Drago
30th September 2009, 10:55 AM
According to pokemon.com this promo is only for Platinum.
Screw you Nintendo, you money-hungry pricks. I will continue to not own Platinum out of spite. Make me a real sequel and I'll buy it. Enough of your re-hashed re-releases. Why should I have even bought DP to begin with, when the Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum edition always has the same stuff... plus more stuff?

Sorry. Rant probably not necessary. But still, screw you Nintendo for constantly bitch-slapping people who don't buy the updated version of the same product. *cough*Game Boy Advance/Nintendo DS*cough*

Number1ChanseyFan
30th September 2009, 11:15 AM
I haz no Wi-Fi.

Unless it's like a special download thing...in that case the nearest Toys-R-Us is not convenient.
All you have to do is activate Mystery Gift in your game if you have it, and then go somewhere that has free wireless internet connections, and go to mystery gift, and select "Get from Nintendo WFC." In this case, Toys R Us wouldn't work, at least for me because the Toys R Us by my house don't have wi-fi. Personally, I was able to download the last wi-fi promo (Member Card for getting Darkrai) at Panera Bread. Most McDonald's are supposed to have wifi, but the one by my house never seems to work for me.

Number1ChanseyFan
25th October 2009, 11:32 AM
Just a quick update... I did get Oak's Letter over wi-fi yesterday, and I can confirm that this promotion is a Platinum exclusive, it will not work on Diamond or Pearl, I tried countless times and it just doesn't work.