PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon 5th Generation Ideas

Kyuuketsuki
27th September 2009, 10:45 AM
I made this thread for us to see what people think there will be for Generation 5, or to hear interesting Ideas

I think that a decent evolution of Primeape should be made, so that Ash goes to get back his Primeape and later it evolves. I also think that maybe they shouldn't do anymore Eeveevolutions, at least not for Generation 5. I'd very much like a baby evolution to Lapras but no third stage. Perhaps some new pokemon can be based on mythological creatures. Having Misty come back to the series for at least 30 episodes would be great. Maybe even work some more on developing Tracey's character. Max starts his pokemon journey with one of the 5th generation starters and going back to ralts and later evolving him into gallade. A Heracross, Pinsir, Shuckle evolutions. Ash's Charizard to have a baby Charmander with Charla and later giving it to Max.

That's all I have so far.

Oh and maybe Team Rocket changes their ways and perhabs become good guys in an evil kind of way, as in forming their own organiztion and battle giovanni, perhabs getting back their Arbok and Weezing, no need for further evolutions unless they are going to live up to them. James' Victreebels to have a Bellsprout and it finds its way to James alone and when it evolves it doesn't do the whole "I eat James" stuff. now that I think about it an alternative bellsprout evolution line would be great.

mr_pikachu
27th September 2009, 11:17 AM
As much as I'd like to see Pokemon use some of the things from the past (such as, like you mentioned, Ash's released Pokemon), the writers have shown a pretty clear unwillingness to do so in the past. Aside from Pokemon who consistently visit Ash (e.g. Charizard for league championship battles), the past tends to be forgotten in order to satisfy newer viewers. For me, the biggest example of that was the G/S ball, which was the whole reason Ash left Kanto in the first place. The huge aura of mystery surrounding that device was never resolved, making it the biggest loose end in all of Pokemon, as far as I'm concerned.

As for your other ideas -- particularly returning characters -- they're not out of the question. Brock's now-frequent disappearances and returns have set a precedent for old favorites re-joining the cast. The same goes for May at Pokemon contests. Team Rocket, on the other hand, has gone straight numerous times only to return to their thieving ways... we'll see if that ever changes.

DarkestLight
27th September 2009, 11:29 AM
o.O I thought the G/S ball thing was resolved in the 4th Movie, or did I misinterpret that?

mr_pikachu
27th September 2009, 11:47 AM
While the G/S ball was originally "meant to contain a Celebi (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GS_Ball)," according to Masamitsu Hidaka, it instead became the star of the fourth movie and the G/S ball's plans were trashed. In fact, the G/S ball never actually appeared in Pokemon 4Ever, even though the Pokemon it was originally supposed to contain did. (The Iron Masked Marauder, a.k.a. Vicious, instead used Dark Balls in his attempts to capture Celebi.)

Kyuuketsuki
27th September 2009, 12:20 PM
It's true that the G/S ball story was one of the greatest mysteries, I'm sad they didn't finish it in the series, and it is the reason Ash left Kanto for Jhoto so it was something that evey pokemon fan was wanting uneasily to know what was in it, my own guesses were wither mew or mewtwo, but I llearned after years that it was celebi, so I thought that maybe the writers removed the idea because celebi could have eventually became Ash's pokemon, this is just my guess.

As a kid i wasn't watching pokemon regulary as it aired a few minutes before school was out in my country so I missed a few episodes, the first good deed I saw team rocket do was cheering for pikachu against raichu, but then again they did it just to convince themselves he is good and continue trying to steal it.

So in my opinion the best thing that team rocket did was them helping ash and later sacrificing themselves in Pokemon 2000. This showed that they can be good people , which i would like to see mainly in 5th generation.