PDA

View Full Version : SAW VI or THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS 3-D?

Zak
6th October 2009, 12:35 AM
Obligatory traditional annual poll. Place your vote/discuss.

abunaidesu
6th October 2009, 01:08 AM
wud u like 2 play a game

classy_cat18
6th October 2009, 01:22 AM
TNBC. At least I'll be watching a classic.

Drago
6th October 2009, 06:24 AM
FOOOOOOOOOTBAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL. But if I have to pick A or B, it'd easily be Nightmare 3D. Good movie, the one and only - as opposed to one of many Saw films. I'm still yet to see 3, for that matter.

Gavin Luper
6th October 2009, 06:49 AM
I felt hurt and rejected when the forum told me "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE ON THIS POLL", then I realised I wasn't logged in.

I would choose football of the three options available.

Heald
6th October 2009, 07:08 AM
I saw the poster for Saw 6 on the side of a bus the other day and was wondering when Zak would make his usual poll.

Either way, could not care less.

shazza
6th October 2009, 07:59 AM
I have never saw a Saw.

Heald
6th October 2009, 08:27 AM
You're not missing much.

Drago
6th October 2009, 08:33 AM
Well, the first one was pretty good, I reckon. The second was pretty crappy, and I haven't seen any others, so I'd say stick with the first one.

shazza
6th October 2009, 08:38 AM
Actually, I stand corrected. I think I saw some of the first one. It was alright, I guess. I just don't understand why Zak always taints his underwear white whenever a new one is released, or indeed the series discussed. Watsupwiddat? :rolleyes2:

Crystal Mew
6th October 2009, 08:54 AM
I just don't understand why Zak always taints his underwear white whenever a new one is released, or indeed the series discussed. Watsupwiddat? :rolleyes2:

LOL I dont get it either. personally saw movies make me sick to watch, so I definitely choose the nightmare before christmas!!!! such a good movie :)

but seriously...how many saw movies need to be made? not that many imo..

Katie
6th October 2009, 10:13 AM
I hate saw and football (..that's not my college team) so I guess NBC :confused:

Houndoom_Lover
6th October 2009, 11:45 AM
I loath 3D movies so it's SAW for me :3 I love Nightmare Before Christmas though,... but the 3D factor would upset me. Besides, I own that sucker at home. A ten dollar movie ticket it going towards something new.

Blademaster
6th October 2009, 02:55 PM
SAW VI.

Also, I like how every idiot that complains "Oh there's too many SAW movies how many movies can they make about the same gore and puzzles durrrr." when they not only haven't seen the movies, they don't even know the story behind them, or the fact that this is going to be THE LAST ONE. That's how a SERIES works, people. They just make movies instead of TV shows because (A) TV censorship blows and (B) there's more money in movies.

That being said, if there's a SAW VII announced next year I'll be pissed. But if VI wraps everything up and does a good job of it, then I'll be the first one here to say "I told you so.".

Zak
6th October 2009, 06:21 PM
SAW VI.

Also, I like how every idiot that complains "Oh there's too many SAW movies how many movies can they make about the same gore and puzzles durrrr." when they not only haven't seen the movies, they don't even know the story behind them, or the fact that this is going to be THE LAST ONE. That's how a SERIES works, people. They just make movies instead of TV shows because (A) TV censorship blows and (B) there's more money in movies.

That being said, if there's a SAW VII announced next year I'll be pissed. But if VI wraps everything up and does a good job of it, then I'll be the first one here to say "I told you so.".

There actually is going to be a Saw VII next year, in 3D, and it was just recently greenlighted. But yes, this will be my last one as well.

Though I heard that this one is supposed to actually have some closure and really feel like a LAST one, rather than a "bridge" with some lame cliffhanger. Even though they're making another one, this one was supposedly written to have potential to end it, kind of like Saw III was (the little things in there that hint at Saw IV were added at the last minute when they decided to make another). But it'll probably be better and more fit for an ending than Saw III. It simply ends the second trilogy. Just like there are two Star Wars trilogies considered seperate. So, Blade, you might still get a chance to say "I told you so" but I might beat you to it.
Saw VII might even be something completely different having nothing to do with it like Halloween 3 was, especially if it's in 3D it'll probably be nothing more than a spinoff. Either way this is the last one I'm going to at midnight.

I'll probably see Saw VII eventually once the DVD is out, but after this one I'm done with following this.

But yeah, it's sad how people blindly don't look past the fact that there's a "VI" in the title, some people are missing out. I mean, if you prefer romantic/fantasy movies I can't really argue, but any argument claiming that "there are too many of them" miserably fails. Also shazza when have you seen me react to the series being discussed, I don't recall anyone here but me ever being the first to bring it up.

Heald
6th October 2009, 06:23 PM
I bet it will end on some shitty faux-cliffhanger note, like the sole survivor thinking the game has ended, and then realises it hasn't, and then THE GAMES NEVER END MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE END.........?

Houndoom_Lover
6th October 2009, 07:32 PM
Can I be the second to say I told you so. I thought Saw II was a tad slow, but the pacing got better. The first one is just beautiful.

Blade! Let's go to the movies together, I wanna see a beautiful gorefest.

And, um, Nightmare before Christmas is a Christmas movie, everyone. Wrong holiday (not that I don't watch it for both times)

I wanna see a scariiiie movie!

Heald
6th October 2009, 07:50 PM
The only movie that scared me was The Rock. Seriously, a great film with Nicholas Cage in, directed by Michael Bay? That scared the hell out of me. Everything else those two chumps have done SUCKED.

Crystal Mew
6th October 2009, 10:53 PM
SAW VI.

For your information, I've seen them all except the last one, so HA! doesnt change my mind about the fact that I dont think there needs to be that many

Blademaster
7th October 2009, 12:31 PM
For your information, I've seen them all except the last one, so HA!

personally saw movies make me sick to watch

Another "I-just-do-x-so-I-can-complain-about-x!" type. Sigh.

Crystal Mew
7th October 2009, 03:49 PM
Oh yeah, I totally just waste hours of my life watching such shitty movies just so I could complain about them.

riiiiggghhhhtt :rolleyes:

I only watched them because friends I was with wanted to watch them. sorry I dont have the same opinion as you do blade!!

Systematic Revolution
7th October 2009, 03:49 PM
I fail to see how that makes her the "I do x to complain about x" type. She has seen the movies and they make her sick and she doesn't enjoy them. There isn't any real indication that she watched them so that she had a reason to complain and I think it's rather silly to attempt to infer that.

Anyway, I used to really enjoy the Saw movies. Now, I don't enjoy any movies, really. Too much of a waste of time. I already waste enough time as it is. Same goes for television. That said, I would still like to go see NMBC in 3D just because it is an old favourite of mine.

Houndoom_Lover
7th October 2009, 04:14 PM
Systematic, your life sounds stressful and boring.

What's wrong with the SAW movies now? Too much gore? Wussbags *clanks my teeth together and goes on my merry way*

Zak
7th October 2009, 11:02 PM
Let's be honest, the Saw films do have their faults, at least since IV, but they weren't all that bad.

But just to humor those who care, I'll outline my reasons why I still stick with it after they make so many, and "taint my underwear" every time a new one is released.

So one of the main reasons is it kind of plays out like a TV series. See, some people say that Saw isn't horror, which is true to a certain extent, but I see that as more of a complement than an insult. See, most horror franchises involve the main villain being defeated, and coming back to life or as a zombie for 10 more sequels, and just killing a bunch of people, all usually the same. Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm St. are all like that, as are many others I can name.
In Saw at least stuff makes sense, like if someone dies, they stay dead, they don't come back to life as a zombie in every movie. The day that happens will be the day I burn all my Saw DVDs. Nothing supernatural happens in Saw, which is sort of why the argument that it's not horror makes sense. Which is a good thing. I personally think it's more fitting in the "thriller" section at a DVD store. The outcomes of the traps are the only reason it's classified as horror.

Might I add that unlike most "horror", they're not all the same at all, each one is very different than the other. The only ones that are remotely similar to each other are Saw III and Saw IV. Even though they are technically the exact opposite, but I won't get into that since most of you probably haven't seen past the first.

But I'm mainly in it for the twists and stuff, and how it sort of plays out as a TV series. You get introduced to a character, get attached to them, then they shockingly kill them off a few movies later. Also kind of like how every time there is a new season of "Lost", you get new twists and revelations that make you look at previous seasons in a different way when seen a second time, the Saw series also has a bunch of twists like that that impact on previous movies, so it's kind of fun finding out stuff.

I'm mainly in it to see how the over-all story pans out, much like how people are every time a new Harry Potter book is released or a new season of Lost is on. The traps and gore are just the icing on the cake really for me, but then again they're creative and what would Saw be without them. But anyway it's usually fun trying to guess every year what's going to happen. Some closure was promised in this movie, even if there will be a Saw 7. So this is the end of the second trilogy, Saw III also had closure potential. Unlike 1, 2, 4, and 5 which had cliffhangers.

Then again technically Saw 5 had some closure... a whole lot of it :lol: (if you've seen it, you'd get what I'm talking about).

shazza
8th October 2009, 12:27 AM
I only watched them because friends I was with wanted to watch them. sorry I dont have the same opinion as you do blade!!

Blademaster doesn't have any friends, he doesn't know what you're talkin' about there. :(

Houndoom_Lover
8th October 2009, 11:15 AM
Blademaster doesn't have any friends, he doesn't know what you're talkin' about there. :(

Oh I see- we're playing this above post is false game :3 I thought I was in Miscellaneous, I must've clicked the wrong place

Systematic Revolution
8th October 2009, 11:26 AM
I remember back in the day when not liking something was good enough.

Blademaster
8th October 2009, 05:57 PM
I fail to see how that makes her the "I do x to complain about x" type. She has seen the movies and they make her sick and she doesn't enjoy them. There isn't any real indication that she watched them so that she had a reason to complain and I think it's rather silly to attempt to infer that.

My logic is that if you watch four movies that you don't enjoy and that make you sick, you're either lying or you want to complain about them. If the first movie made you sick, and the second made you sick, then I'd think by the time the third rolled around, you'd know better than to go see them just because your friends want to. And if not, then DEFINITELY by the fourth. But going to see all four of them and then trying to justify it with a weak excuse like "I had to see them because my friends did." just doesn't add up to me.

Also, Zak, I lol'd at that "closure" line.

Systematic Revolution
12th October 2009, 03:23 AM
Mooviez: SRS BSNS.

shazza
12th October 2009, 03:31 AM
If I'm with a group of friends at a friends house, and they all want to watch the same movie except me, I won't refuse to watch it or leave, I'll watch it because I have manners and I'm not a selfish asshole.

Crystal Mew
12th October 2009, 01:48 PM
If I'm with a group of friends at a friends house, and they all want to watch the same movie except me, I won't refuse to watch it or leave, I'll watch it because I have manners and I'm not a selfish asshole.

Yes, thank you Shazza, that is exactly my point. My friends wanted to have a saw marathon which is why I saw them all at once. I'd rather just be with my friends instead of leaving because I dont like the movie(s) they picked. I'm not 5 years old anymore who'll throw a tantrum over crap like that, good grief

Zak
12th October 2009, 01:51 PM
Yes, thank you Shazza, that is exactly my point. My friends wanted to have a saw marathon which is why I saw them all at once. I'd rather just be with my friends instead of leaving because I dont like the movie(s) they picked. I'm not 5 years old anymore who'll throw a tantrum over crap like that, good grief

There is nothing wrong or infantile or selfish or shame anyone should feel about leaving, especially for something like that. Most people I know would not be able to handle something like that, but refusing to join wouldn't be selfish or "5 years old" especially for something like a SAW marathon. You'd be surprised how many wouldn't be able to sit through all that, so you're saying if someone refuses to join me and my friend to watch them all, it would make them selfish? Haha okay, so you're saying that if I asked everyone in this thread who said no to Saw (assuming I knew them IRL) to join me in watching them all, I should expect them to agree to join, or else they're selfish?

shazza
12th October 2009, 10:34 PM
Obviously it depends on the circumstances. If you are the ONLY one out of a large group of friends who don't feel like watching Saw, but you're already at the friends house, you're not going to make a big deal and leave or go in the other room or something. If everyone said no except you, then majority rules motherfucker, you're the selfish one if you refuse their answer or have a little temper tantrum because you couldn't get your own way.

Craig The Great
20th October 2009, 12:41 AM
they're having a nightmare before christmas 3d?

fuck saw. fuck it hard!

and the saw marathon thing.. it'd really depend on the circumstances. it'd be easy to get roped into that even if you didn't want to :) personally, i liked the first SAW movie because it was different and particularly the ending was very chilling. The 2nd and I think I saw the 3rd one, dragged on and weren't as interesting... although I did like the syringe pit

RedStarWarrior
20th October 2009, 05:47 AM
Saw (the series in its entirety) sucks.

Disagree? Too fucking bad. I'm entitled to my own fucking opinion.

Nightmare Before Christmas, IMO.

Blademaster
20th October 2009, 06:42 PM
I'm entitled to my own opinion as well.

And my opinion is that it is FACT that your opinion is wrong and shall bring shame and dishonor upon you, your ancestors, and your descendants for all eternity. :D

Zak
23rd October 2009, 01:36 PM
Well I just watched Saw VI and it was by far the best sequel yet. I know you think I'm biased saying this, but have it be known that when I walked out of the theater back on Saw IV, I was thinking "shit, that was a disgrace". So I have an open mind and I say this was the best sequel yet. But you really have to have seen them all to appreciate it, that's the catch.