PDA

View Full Version : Had dinner with the Korean Ambassador

Houndoom_Lover
8th October 2009, 07:18 PM
Yep, last night. There was a fancy salad, chicken, and a fancy dessert.

It was very very nice.

Roy Karrde
8th October 2009, 07:48 PM
Okay...care to expand a bit? What happened? How did you get to have dinner with the Ambassador? Did you get any nuclear secrets?

Heald
8th October 2009, 07:55 PM
I assume you mean the South Korean ambassador?

Gavin Luper
8th October 2009, 08:06 PM
Okay, that's seriously very cool, Wed. How on earth did that come about?

I was really surprised last year to find out that a lot of ambassadors don't just sit in an embassy somewhere. I was interviewing a local restaurateur/spiritual guide dude earlier this year for a journalism piece and decided to get some comments from the lovely volunteer maitre d'. Turns out she was the Consul General of India. It was really cool and really random but I guess ambassadors would have free time; I just thought they would spend it rejuvenating or something.

So, that's my random experience - how did yours happen?

PancaKe
8th October 2009, 08:43 PM
My cousin is the Consul General of Malta :D So sometimes I hang out with her. Not very often though. She's really passionate about all things Malta, and I'm like "mmm pastisti...."

Anyway... Yum dinner. I'm eating ravioli which was my dinner last night. Although I ate alone, not with any ambassador. :D

Very exciting news Houndy <3

Gavin Luper
8th October 2009, 08:51 PM
My cousin is the Consul General of Malta :D So sometimes I hang out with her. Not very often though. She's really passionate about all things Malta, and I'm like "mmm pastisti...."

Anyway... Yum dinner. I'm eating ravioli which was my dinner last night. Although I ate alone, not with any ambassador. :D

Very exciting news Houndy <3

I forgot you were Maltese.

You are Maltese, right?

PancaKe
8th October 2009, 09:43 PM
Lol yes yes I am.

Well, half maltese, half english, all Australian. Does that make sense?

In other words, if I'm watching Eurovision I go for Malta, but if I watch olympics I go for Australia. lulz

Houndoom_Lover
8th October 2009, 10:39 PM
Aww, look! You'all made me hafta log in :3 I shall awnser questions in decending order, today.

Roy: No. But I will anyway ^,^. At FDU, important people come and go because that's how they roll. I just happen to get lucky and picked because of my great interest in the United Nations and diplomacey. We listened to a heated debate between him and the once Ambassador of another country. And no, I find that question rude, actually, and also the wrong side of that patato, as well. But it was hit upon.

To Herald: I suppose so, his tilte is "Permanent representative of Republic of Korea" : O

To Gavin: ^w^ Squee! I know, isn't it! Like I told Roy, I had voiced my love of the UN and a good hardy debate, so I was selected it sit at the dinner where were diccused many things. The school gets an Ambassador once a semester to speak at the school, and whatnot.

Yeah, they must have to run run run about. It wasn't anything bizzar. It was pleasant. I wanted to know how he and his wife met, and things more then his views on Warheads, but that's just me. I think chatting about politics at dinner it a rude thing. Heavy topics make the food hard to digest ^w^

We brushed each other at one time! I can sell my side on Ebey :B Your story is really cool! Haha, that would have thrown me for a loop. It was just a very plesant night ^____^

PancaKe: You're too cool for school :3 I had...patato skins for dinner today. But that night I had such yummy food *w* <- Straving student. Having your cuz as the Consul General of Malta is so intensely awesome. That would put heavy stress of me to sussed though .o. I'd be so jelous. Are you jelous?

I'm so glad you all found it interesting ^w^!

abunaidesu
8th October 2009, 11:45 PM
My relatives in SoCal had dinner with Arnold Schwarzenegger ;)

Houndoom_Lover
9th October 2009, 11:46 AM
Did they get to touch him!! oOo! That's SO cool! Did he hafta use the bathroom and say "I'll be back?"

abunaidesu
9th October 2009, 02:21 PM
No.

Houndoom_Lover
9th October 2009, 02:56 PM
Awww, that's a cryin' shame, that is

Telume
9th October 2009, 10:00 PM
My dad lived next-door to an Egyptian Consul General back in the 70's. And this was back when everything was just newly-desegregated too.

Houndoom_Lover
11th October 2009, 04:17 PM
That so cool :o Did they get their mail mixed up? That sounds like a good idea for a sitcom actually.