PDA

View Full Version : 3d movies

PancaKe
15th October 2009, 09:01 PM
I haven't seen 3D movies around for ages... and all of a sudden there are so many films being made 3d or remade into 3D.

What's the deal?

I personally like 3D films, provided that they are done well, like when things fly out of the screen at you, and when people jump out of the screen and seem to walk around the cinema, that's when I think 3D movies are great and work really well.

However, I was disappointed after watching Up! in 3D. Sure, I got to keep a really awesome pair of 3D glasses, which i punched the lenses out of and now wear normally (lol see dp)... but I didn't think it was done very well at all. I thought that it wasn't that different or spectacular. I am judging this based on waiting for things to leap out the screen etc.. but nothing really seemed that 3D about the whole thing..

I hope Toy Story isn't like that as well. Toy Story & Toy Story 2 in 3D, I'm so excited.

Houndoom_Lover
15th October 2009, 10:03 PM
Blargy, I loath 3D movies. It reminds me I'm in a thetre, watching a movie. A good movie to me makes me forget I just paid 12.58 to watch it.

And the glasses make my nose itchy.

Blademaster
15th October 2009, 11:04 PM
Three-dimensional movies are a fucking joke of a gimmick that should have died out twenty years ago.

And yes, I'm basing my opinion solely on how bitter I am over the fact that my fucked-up left eye has prevented me from experiencing anything cool involving those glasses ever in my life. Got a problem with that?

RedStarWarrior
16th October 2009, 03:32 AM
If the movies utilize the new clear 3D glasses, then I'm fine with them, but if they are still clinging to the blue/red combo, then fuck them.

3D has actually improved over the years as new methods of created 3D effects have been developed (ala the clear glasses), but with the technology being exploited by crappy movies with every minor change, I can understand the disinterest by the public in said movies.

Telume
17th October 2009, 01:25 AM
Usually most of the movies I see made in 3D are for kids, sometimes they're remade versions of movies I watched as a kid.

I have no real opinion on them and don't really see the appeal aside from seeing things jump out at you (lol optical illusions). But other than that, I like live action movies thanks.

Blademaster
17th October 2009, 05:58 AM
If the movies utilize the new clear 3D glasses, then I'm fine with them, but if they are still clinging to the blue/red combo, then fuck them.

...Clear 3-D glasses...?

I'm not familiar with such a thing.

RedStarWarrior
17th October 2009, 09:00 AM
...Clear 3-D glasses...?

I'm not familiar with such a thing.
Sucks to be you.

(go read up on polarized 3D glasses)

Crystal Mew
17th October 2009, 09:21 AM
The only movie I saw in 3D was UP, and it was cool I guess. I forgot halfway through that it was actually supposed to be in 3d though..ha. I did keep the glasses though :)

Telume
17th October 2009, 01:06 PM
I remember 3D week back in what '98. Home Improvement in 3D lolol