PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Toys 'R' Us & Aussie EB Games Arceus Promotions in November

Starry Might
16th October 2009, 11:44 AM
Nintendo Power reveals American Arceus distribution dates

Event to take place in Toys "R" Us stores Nov. 7-15

Nintendo Power has revealed the Arceus event dates for players of the American versions of the Pokémon games Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. The event will take place Nov. 7-15 at Toys "R" Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. The event will be distributed via Mystery Gift, similar to all previous Generation IV distributions.

Arceus, the Alpha Pokémon, is a Normal-type legendary Pokémon. It is currently the final Pokémon in the National Pokédex. Like Darkrai and Shaymin before it, Arceus was not officially recognized by Nintendo until the year of its debut. It was later revealed by the official Pokémon site last Aug. 3, making all Pokémon in the games officially revealed.

Following the trend of most event Pokémon released outside Japan, the Arceus to be distributed will most likely be the same as the ones first distributed this year. If this would be the case, it would be in a Cherish Ball at level 100. It would hold the Rowap Berry and a Classic Ribbon, and it would know the moves Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force and Judgment, the signature moves of Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and itself, respectively. Bringing the Arceus to the the Ruins of Alph in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver later on will allow players to unlock an event that will allow them to obtain a level 1 Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.

Thanks to Ho-oh Fan for a tip on the event.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_Power_reveals_American_Arceus_distributio n_dates)

As of this writing, I haven't got that issue of "Nintendo Power" yet, but I saw this on Bulbapedia this morning.

I'll have to discuss this with my Dad when he gets home from work before I can know for sure whether we'll do this or not. Is anyone else here game for this? :)

Number1ChanseyFan
16th October 2009, 02:56 PM
Awesome!! The last Pokemon that I need!! Thanks for posting this!!

DarkestLight
16th October 2009, 06:38 PM
Of course I am. 2 weeks away, and I'll have 2 Arceus's! Sweet n_n.

kainashi
16th October 2009, 06:49 PM
how does this work exactly? we just go into toys 'r' us and whip our nintendo ds's out or what?

Number1ChanseyFan
16th October 2009, 08:34 PM
how does this work exactly? we just go into toys 'r' us and whip our nintendo ds's out or what?
Yeah, pretty much. If this is the same as the older promos, you only need your Pokedex, and you need to have unlocked Mystery Gift. Then, you just go to Toys R Us, turn your game one, go to Mystery Gift, and it will tell you that a signal is detected. Then, just choose the "Receive Gift" option, and choose "Get Via Wireless." Then you have to make sure you have an open spot in your lineup, and go to any PokeMart, and a mailman gives you your Pokemon.

Master Rudy
16th October 2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, pretty much. If this is the same as the older promos, you only need your Pokedex, and you need to have unlocked Mystery Gift. Then, you just go to Toys R Us, turn your game one, go to Mystery Gift, and it will tell you that a signal is detected. Then, just choose the "Receive Gift" option, and choose "Get Via Wireless." Then you have to make sure you have an open spot in your lineup, and go to any PokeMart, and a mailman gives you your Pokemon.

Damn....sounds easy enough. I think once the event is going I'll need to swing by. Afterwards once SS is out I may need to see about borrowing someone else's DS and transfering it for the other event.

Blademaster
16th October 2009, 09:59 PM
I have no clue where the nearest Toys 'R Us from the new house is. ):< Fuck you Nintendo.

Roy Karrde
16th October 2009, 10:04 PM
I have no clue where the nearest Toys 'R Us from the new house is. ):< Fuck you Nintendo.

http://www1.toysrus.com/store/

Posting this to help everyone.

Blademaster
17th October 2009, 05:57 AM
Nearest Toys 'R Us: 27 minutes away.

Fuck you, Arceus, you're not THAT special.

DarkestLight
17th October 2009, 06:26 AM
I swear Blade, you should just mail me your cartridge(s). That is, if you still live in Jersey :O. As it is now, I'm going with 6 cartridges from other people xD.

Master Rudy
17th October 2009, 06:29 AM
Nearest Toys 'R Us: 27 minutes away.

Fuck you, Arceus, you're not THAT special.

Jesus Blade....your lazier than ME! :eek:
Do you have any idea how much effort that takes?

kainashi
17th October 2009, 09:32 AM
for some reason the site doesn't list the toys 'r' us closest to me. at least i actually know it's there. only a 10 minute drive at most. :)

Kyuuketsuki
17th October 2009, 01:45 PM
I wish i was there so I could get it... :(

Poryhedron
17th October 2009, 07:25 PM
I am living in a Toys 'R' Us void. I have to set the distance dropdown to 50 miles to see anything, and then I see them lined up in a neat semicircle to my southeast. Far to my southeast. :(

Blademaster
18th October 2009, 12:47 PM
Jesus Blade....your lazier than ME!

This is surprising?

Houndoom_Lover
18th October 2009, 05:13 PM
If Toys R Us was 27 mins away from me, I'd walk that bitch. Nearest one to me is eons away.

Starry Might
2nd November 2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.undergroundnotes.com/wkett/starrymightspics/bump.gif

Sorry for the bump, but it looks like Australians will be able to snag an Arceus, too!

EB Games to distribute Arceus starting this weekend

Distribution to commemorate airing of twelfth movie

Posters from EB Games stores in Australia have shown that certain stores will be giving out the legendary Pokémon Arceus. The distribution event will take place from Nov. 5-16.

This distribution is to commemorate the movie Arceus and the Jewel of Life, which will air in Australia on Nov. 6 at 6 p.m. on Cartoon Network
. It will air again 10 a.m. the next day. This is the first known airing of the movie outside Japan.

As always, the event Pokémon will be similar to the ones distributed first in Japan. The Arceus will be at level 100 and in a Cherish Ball. It will hold the Rowap Berry and a Classic Ribbon, and it will know the moves Judgment, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend and Shadow Force, the signature moves of itself, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, respectively. Trading this Arceus to Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver will allow players to obtain a level 1 Dialga, Palkia or Giratina, each holding their respective orbs.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EB_Games_to_distribute_Arceus_starting_this_weeken d)

Personally, I was actually a little confused when I first saw the headline, 'cause I was like "EB Games was bought by Gamestop and they all go by the latter name now!"

Apparently, EB Games still exist under that name Down Under. :)

I'm gonna rename this topic to reflect this.

Crazy Elf Boy
2nd November 2009, 09:17 AM
Thank you Starry Might, we Australian's thank you for the great service you do and I am just so happy that we will finally have a decent pokemon promotion in our country.

Starry Might
7th November 2009, 02:37 PM
Thank you Starry Might, we Australian's thank you for the great service you do and I am just so happy that we will finally have a decent pokemon promotion in our country.
Wow, you're very welcome! :D (BTW, I've read somewhere that Australian K-Marts are apparently gonna give Arceus away, too.)

Anyhow, anyone here in America got it yet?

I'd like to get it, but not today, 'cause I'm sick. :notfunny:

I don't know when/if I can do it at all, but I think I'm getting better, so hopefully I can! :)

Roy Karrde
7th November 2009, 02:39 PM
I got two so far, I expect to get another one soon since I have to go back to that area. The third one may be used as a prize for a possible tournament I was considering running on TPM.

DarkestLight
7th November 2009, 03:41 PM
I'm gonna get my 2 in about an hour. Legs still hurt.

DarkestLight
8th November 2009, 12:13 AM
So I went to day around 6:15...no Arceus. I'ma go tomorrow around noon... see if they're still pulling that 12-4 crap.

mr_pikachu
8th November 2009, 01:45 AM
I got two so far, I expect to get another one soon since I have to go back to that area. The third one may be used as a prize for a possible tournament I was considering running on TPM.

I like the sound of this. You and I ought to talk. :)

Carry on, all!

kainashi
8th November 2009, 11:59 AM
So I went to day around 6:15...no Arceus. I'ma go tomorrow around noon... see if they're still pulling that 12-4 crap.report back. :patriot: i want to see if it's worth driving up there. will i have to be a nerd and go inside? :(

Link
8th November 2009, 01:46 PM
I told my friend about this and him and I might go to the local Toys R Us because we haven't went to a giveaway in awhile and he is a big pokemon fan, like I am. In just a few days or maybe at the end of the week we are likely going to go or not go, depending on what my friend says. I might even go alone.

Kurosakura
8th November 2009, 02:02 PM
I just got mine about 2 hours ago after spending 2 hours shoe shopping with my mom and her friend. It was hellish, going back and forth and having to find stuff in different sizes for them. I got a gorgeous dress out of all that hard work, though. <3

DarkestLight
8th November 2009, 05:03 PM
kainashi & others:

So check this.

Remember last time there was a giveaway and I came back and showed you that photo of that hacked Umbreon that was being given out instead of the Shaymin? Well, it seems that whoever did that, has done it again, and the Toy's r Us in NYC now is not doing the promotion until they are able to lock that bastard out and ensure everyone is able to get it.

So I'll check back in to see if and when it will be available to the general public. But hell, that got me pretty damn mad.

Master Rudy
9th November 2009, 11:17 PM
Well I've got mine today. Getting it was just as easy as everyone said it would be. I've yet to use it in a fight however. On the one hand having it at level 100 helps. It'll make the long process of leveling the rest of my core members of my team much easier. On the other hand however using it in battles in game doesn't give me any kind of idea how it may fare in a real battle. Once I've got Wi-Fi at home I'd like to use it at least a few times in a fight where anything goes.

BTW does anyone have a full TM/HM list for Arceus yet?

Number1ChanseyFan
10th November 2009, 04:51 PM
BTW does anyone have a full TM/HM list for Arceus yet?

TM02 Dragon Claw
TM03 Water Pulse
TM04 Calm Mind
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM09 Bullet Seed
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM19 Giga Drain
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solarbeam
TM23 Iron Tail
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Shock Wave
TM35 Flamethrower
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM38 Fire Blast
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM50 Overheat
TM52 Focus Blast
TM53 Energy Ball
TM55 Brine
TM57 Charge Beam
TM58 Endure
TM59 Dragon Pulse
TM61 Will-o-wisp
TM62 Silver Wind
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM67 Recycle
TM68 Giga Impact
TM70 Flash
TM71 Stone Edge
TM72 Avalanche
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM75 Swords Dance
TM76 Stealth Rock
TM77 Psych Up
TM79 Dark Pulse
TM80 Rock Slide
TM81 X-scissor
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM84 Poison Jab
TM85 Dream Eater
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM91 Flash Cannon
TM92 Trick Room
HM01 Cut
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength
HM05 Defog
HM06 Rock Smash
HM07 Waterfall
HM08 Rock Climb

kainashi
10th November 2009, 05:05 PM
hm slave arceus. :cool2:

classy_cat18
10th November 2009, 05:40 PM
Meh, I'd rather keep the exclusive moves on him.

Blademaster
10th November 2009, 08:31 PM
LV100 Shiny Arceus with maxed stats, EV's and IV's out the ass, and an ungodly powerful Hold Item.

Restricted to using Strength, Fly, Waterfall, and Rock Climb alongside a Zigzagoon. I love it, kainashi. :lol:

Master Rudy
11th November 2009, 12:20 AM
Holy shit......that's nearly every TM/HM in the game! :eek:

DarkestLight
15th November 2009, 03:53 PM
Alright I was able to get to Queens and grab Two Arceus. Yay for me. Now to check them out. I did this yesterday and then kinda forgot abut them.

Charles Legend
15th November 2009, 07:29 PM
Oh yeah I got three Arceus last Monday...

~Charles Legend

Link
16th November 2009, 08:08 AM
I drove in my car, at night, 30 minutes away to get Two Arceus's. I now have two of them that have the most insane stats ever.

Starry Might
16th November 2009, 12:33 PM
kainashi & others:

So check this.

Remember last time there was a giveaway and I came back and showed you that photo of that hacked Umbreon that was being given out instead of the Shaymin? Well, it seems that whoever did that, has done it again, and the Toy's r Us in NYC now is not doing the promotion until they are able to lock that bastard out and ensure everyone is able to get it.

So I'll check back in to see if and when it will be available to the general public. But hell, that got me pretty damn mad.
:eek:

I'm glad you were able to get 'em in the end though, DarkestLight. :)

Anyhow, me and my Dad did the promo last Saturday (I'm still kinda sick, but I was well enough to go), and we got Arceus! :D

I'm gonna have to update my Promo Pokemon Sig' thingy.