PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Anime Theory

EngiMatikul
22nd October 2009, 03:17 PM
I was pondering if I should have posted this in the anime section instead but I think since the content would appeal to the people that both still follow the anime and no longer follow the anime (or just even heard of the anime but never watched it), I thought it was more appropriate to post here.

http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=27652

Apparently the poster has no source. It would be interesting to know where the source came from.

Apologies if this was a repost from earlier!

Jeff
22nd October 2009, 03:30 PM
That's just sad in several ways.

Rossymore
22nd October 2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah, read it before. One of the tags at the bottom of this page is 'wtf'.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd October 2009, 05:13 PM
It wasn't the lightning that hit Ash that caused it all, he went into coma when he fell out of his bed in the first episode.

Nah, really, it's an original theory if nothing else.

As for the source, I think he watched a movie where some guy was only dreaming his adventures and woke up in the end (like Mario did at the end of Super Mario Bros. 2!) - and then copied that storyline to write all that stuff about Ash up.

DivineAll
22nd October 2009, 06:19 PM
I once read a fanfiction along those lines... except it didn't involve a bittersweet ending... and didn't go into the third generation... and a whole bunch of other stuff that would take a long time to explain unless you read said fanfiction itself... Let me see if I can still find it... *browses through fanfiction favorites*

EngiMatikul
22nd October 2009, 06:33 PM
It wasn't the lightning that hit Ash that caused it all, he went into coma when he fell out of his bed in the first episode.

Nah, really, it's an original theory if nothing else.

As for the source, I think he watched a movie where some guy was only dreaming his adventures and woke up in the end (like Mario did at the end of Super Mario Bros. 2!) - and then copied that storyline to write all that stuff about Ash up.

What I mean by source is, the person who posted this didn't seem to write this up himself. He mentions that he doesn't know who wrote it on the top somewhere, I think. I was just interested in knowing who wrote this.

Blademaster
22nd October 2009, 06:49 PM
Old, old, oooooold copypasta. I think that it came from someone on LiveJournal.

Master Rudy
30th October 2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah I've seen this a long time ago myself. I don't think anyone truely knows where the original popped up and who the author is. In any case that's seriously messed up. It takes either a drug trip or a person with an overactive imagination and waaayyyyyy too much time on their hands to come up with that.

Come to think of it strange things like this tend to reek of 4chan.....hmm......

Telume
30th October 2009, 03:49 PM
And I thought I had problems... DAMN XD

toucheiruka
31st October 2009, 02:31 PM
I should of sworn I saw that somewhere, but where?

PancaKe
1st November 2009, 09:21 PM
Can't believe I read all of that. Ahahaha it makes so much sense though; but I don't remember the part where Ash got hit by lightning..... was that when he was being chased by Spearow??

mr_pikachu
1st November 2009, 09:28 PM
I started yesterday and I'm still reading this -- it's long, and I've been dealing with more than enough real-life obligations as of late -- but dang, this is really thorough for a ruse.

It reminds me of the philosophical/psychological idea that the only thing you can never prove is your own sanity... and if you can't prove that your own sanity, which guides all your perceptions, is correct, then you can't prove anything else. Twisted, eh?

EngiMatikul
2nd November 2009, 10:01 PM
Using a neuroscience analogy, all your senses are an illusion and technically if you've been abducted by aliens or even just a really good neurosurgeon everything around you could be fake.

EDIT: Pancake it might have to do with pikachu. :V

Telume
3rd November 2009, 08:30 PM
Yes pikachu used a super-powered Thunder or something, but then it WAS raining that day too. Water conducts electricity after all D:

Celebi
7th November 2009, 06:35 PM
I can't believe I read that whole thing ._.

shazza
9th November 2009, 01:31 AM
I enjoyed that.

Magmar
13th November 2009, 07:52 AM
I woke up, blazed, read this, and hated my life more than Brock when he got electrocuted in the balls by a Croagunk.

no really

http://4chanarchive.org/images/a/9938403/1204334666845.jpg

Redfire313
22nd November 2009, 03:34 PM
Dude...my childhood image of Pokemon has just shattered.

In a way, it makes sense. Except the end, where he died. Me and my friends desided that since he turned 11 in the 3rd movie, he had a birthday every third movie, so he's about...14?

Anyway, it was a cool story. Now, maybe if I get high I can do something like that...