PDA

View Full Version : vappy

burakkichu
12th April 2003, 04:37 PM
a vaporeon pic i did for my wife...what do you think? ^^

vappy (http://members.cox.net/asosa01/pkmn/vappy.jpg)

Shining Kabutops
12th April 2003, 05:54 PM
Wow...that's awesome! The shading is so nice, and the background is really pretty! Great job! I love the way the outlines are faded into the picture, to give it a more realistic effect.

Ho-oh2001
12th April 2003, 06:31 PM
Wow! Real nice! Did you do this on Photoshop or something? If so, I'm jealous! I've never been able to draw so nicely using any such computer program. ~.~ Good job!

Meowth_Kitten
12th April 2003, 07:36 PM
Amazing job! The first thing I noticed about this Vaporeon is that it actually has characteristic-like eyes rather than all black with a white light glint. Very nice, I especially like to see "black-eyed" Pokemon with these type of eyes, good job! The glow around it gives it an great touch. One thing that bothers me is the mouth-chin area. It looks pretty chubby. I know that drawing this area is very difficult, but with practice can be done perfectly. Everything else about Vaporeon is super! Keep up the great work!

Lightning
13th April 2003, 09:18 AM
Oooh.. That's amazing. +_+ The picture is very well done. The Vaporeon's pose is original, but it kinda looks chubby. I guess that's part of the realism though. ^_^; I like the furry look you gave it.. it makes it look more like a real animal. I love how you coloured the image, too. The shading and lighting is soft and perfectly done. The background and the... sparkly thingies kind of make it look like something is using stun spore on it. ^^;

Keep up the great work~! :D

Bai,
Lightning

Nuriko
13th April 2003, 02:20 PM
Wow... that's just amazing. I'm almsot speechless. Not quite though, or I wouldn't be posting. ^^; I really, really love how you shaded the whole thing! Especially the tail fin, you made it look so realistic... And the backround is also very pretty. I only wish I could shade that good. I also really like the pose, it's so cute! ^^ And I like how you made the Vaporeon look slightly furry/fuzzy, that's rare to see. ^_^ Keep up the great work!

burakkichu
14th April 2003, 11:57 AM
shining kabutops -- thanx ^^;; i don't think i'm very good at shading, but i guess this came out well. ^.^ forest-y background...different for a vappy i think. (it's out of its habitat! lol) i've tried to get away from having too much outline in my pics lately, heh....which is kinda easier with photoshop. ^^;;

ho-oh2001 -- thanx! ^^ well, sorta...colored in photoshop, but drawn on paper.

meowth_kitten -- lol, really? i guess the eyes are kinda different then, hehe. ^^;; usually i'm a stickler for making pokies look like their "official" artwork, but then i never would've gotten that expression with all black eyes. i liked the glow too, hehe. well it is pretty hard for me to draw the mouth and chin correctly, but on this one i was kinda going for a round and cute face. so it's kinda on purpose. ^^;;;; thanx!

lightning -- thank you ^^ i guess it *is* kinda chubby, hehe...hopefully it's cuter that way, lol. i loved making it look furry....tho i debated on *how* furry i should make it because certain things like the tailfin and ears and such couldn't look furry. ^^;; thanx...i don't think i'm too terribly good at shading so i was kinda surprised at how it turned out. lol, i dunno what the sparkly thingies are supposed to be...they're just reminescent of stuff i've seen in anime and video games.

nuriko -- thanx, lol. ^^;; i kinda liked how the tailfin turned out, tho it was kinda unexpected. ^^ well, i read recently on a photography site that our eyes rely on shadows to recognize shapes...and i dunno, i guess keeping that in mind helped on this pic, b/c i've never thought i was very good at shading. thanx! i tried for cuteness, hehe. ^^;; a certain friend of mine introduced me to the furry style of coloring, and i've been practicing ever since, tho she's a lot better at it than me.

Bjarni Haraldur Sigfússon
15th April 2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by burakkichu
a vaporeon pic i did for my wife...what do you think? ^^

vappy (http://members.cox.net/asosa01/pkmn/vappy.jpg)

I understand Vappy> Vaporeon! Cool nickname! 80% of 100% cool!

Sandslash and Ninetails
15th April 2003, 09:22 PM
Very nice picture. ^_^ I really like the green background, it really makes the picture look great. I love all the colors in the picture, really; they are very well done. The pose Vaporeon is in is also very nice, and I love the look on her face. The shading looks pretty good to me too, nice job on that. All in all, I really like the picture a lot, I don't see much at all wrong with it. =) Keep up the good work!

burakkichu
16th April 2003, 12:01 PM
real one bjarni -- thank you! ^__^

sandslash and ninetails -- thanx ^^ i'm glad the colors came out good, hehe...green was the only color i could figure out that would contrast with the blue nicely. i *did* try to give the vappy a feminine look, dunno how successful i was at that. ^^;; thanks again!

Phoenixsong
16th April 2003, 09:06 PM
Aaaaaaaghhh! Fuzzly-chubby-cuteness! I can't get over how well you do fuzzly things! Gah... WHY IS IT EVERYONE CAN DRAW CUTER THAN ME?!?!?!? I want to see more fuzzlyness! NOW!

E_Eevee
18th April 2003, 10:40 PM
Bah, you're much better than me :P I'm just faster. So you decided to go without the vines? Well, you know what I think. How wonderful and nicely done it is and such.