View Full Version : my monotype challenge for diamond pearl and platinum

hutchy
5th November 2009, 04:28 PM
OK so here are the rules:

1. no game sharks at all since with migration and wireless you shouldn't need
to
2.you can use hm slaves to revive/heal but only in rival gym battles etc
3.no legendary Pokemon (although you can catch em if you want
4.1 set of TMs no importing Pokemon with TM move sets and no buying them from the game corner! only joking you can only buy 10 :)

and dems de rules so get mono-typing woooohhh

ill be starting mine once I've sent all my pokes over and ill be doing dragon types

EDIT: dual types allowed :) so no confusion there

Poryhedron
5th November 2009, 08:52 PM
How exactly is this different from Ghost's? The only meaningful difference I can see is that you can't import pokémon with TMs or bred moves, and I didn't do that in Ghost's anyway.

Master Rudy
6th November 2009, 02:04 AM
Yeah the original TPM use to have basic guides on doing monotype in the classic games. Might not be a bad idea to revive it however. Some people found a good challenge in it. Nice thinking Hutch ^_~

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
6th November 2009, 10:37 AM
What do you consider monotype? Only purely e.g. fire Pokémon? I played through Diamond with six fire Pokémon not long ago though some had a second type too, like Charizard being Fire/Flying.

Poryhedron
6th November 2009, 08:02 PM
The standard rules for a monotype challenge permit dual-types. Since hutchy did not specifically forbid them, it's to be assumed that they're allowed in this topic. I only recall one MTC being posted on TPM that forbade dual-types: Crazy's "Limited Pure" monotype challenge for Fire/Leaf.

hutchy
7th November 2009, 08:32 AM
hey,

first - poryhedron i didn't know about ghost's challenge so sorry about :(
2nd -thanks master Rudy
3rd - dual types are allowed since most pokemon in th 4th gen are dual types at some point in their evo

poke game - diamond
trainer name - Hutchy
badges - 1
type - dragon
reason - they are cool and take ages to lvl :)

diary,
went with my rival to the lake there i obtained a piplup which i used to totally pawn a starly on our way out proff.rowan came and let us keep our piplup an turtwig

next day
mom made me go to sandgem town and thank proff rowan
got there and got dawn to teach me how to catch pokes
caught 3 1 starly 2 bidoof

trade starly piplup bidoof
for trapich dratini and bagon eggs
then hatched them all and lvled em to 7
end of entry