PDA

View Full Version : Annoying songs

Mr. Brightside
6th November 2009, 03:36 PM
So, what songs, bands, singers bug the hell out of you? Which songs make your ears bleed to death?

I'll start:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, they just suck. They just play the same song over and over and over again. They just change two notes and yeap that is a new song.

Also, Lady Gaga. She is.

Clark
6th November 2009, 03:42 PM
pretty much anything black eyed peas.

abunaidesu
6th November 2009, 04:35 PM

lol mte

Houndoom_Lover
6th November 2009, 05:39 PM
Way to start a thread that'll piss people off! I aprove! ^_^ I like Lady Gaga and Black Eye Peas, they the shiznit. You know who I can't stand?

Taylor freakin' Swift

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
6th November 2009, 06:07 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers, they just suck. They just play the same song over and over and over again. They just change two notes and yeap that is a new song.

That reminds me of Status Quo, you've heard one song of theirs and you know 95 % of the rest. But I still like them actually.

I dislike rap and hip hop cause those performing them always think they're oh so rad and got such an important message in their songs ... but it just stinks.

Bear
6th November 2009, 06:39 PM
Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, MIMS, Soulja Boy

"This is why I'm hot" by MIMS = dumbest song in the history of "music"
...followed closely by "Fergalicious" and "Lady Lumps"

PS - Lady Gaga is a dude.

Blademaster
6th November 2009, 07:53 PM
Pretty much everything. I'm extensively picky in my media.

abunaidesu
6th November 2009, 08:00 PM
Pretty much everything. I'm extensively picky in my media.

So what exactly do you enjoy listening to?

shazza
6th November 2009, 08:37 PM
That reminds me of Status Quo, you've heard one song of theirs and you know 95 % of the rest. But I still like them actually..

I do agree with you there, but 'Living On An Island' contradicts most of their other songs in terms of style.

And in response to the actual thread, it's weird, but most annoying songs become catchy and I eventually end up liking them, such as Britney Spears - Womanizer, Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl, Lady Gaga - Pokerface, Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling. Not that I would seek them out personally, but I guess because I hear them so often and they're played at nightclubs that they remind me of those fun drunken, uninhibited nights.

EDIT: Actually, after watching BoA on YouTube, that can be highly relevant to this thread. What the fuck was that fucking shit?

firepokemon
6th November 2009, 09:14 PM
ITS THE SONG THAT DOESN'T END DOESN'T END IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIEND SOME PEOPLE STARTED SINGING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS AND THEY'LL CONTINUE SINGING IT FOREVER JUST BECAUSE ITS THE SONG THAT DOESN'T END DOESN'T END IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIEND SOME PEOPLE STARTED SINGING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS AND THEY'LL CONTINUE SINGING IT FOREVER JUST BECAUSE...

I think two verses is enough ~ Drago

Bear
6th November 2009, 09:46 PM
asshole...

Also I forgot another couple songs:

"Hey There Delilah" by Plain White Ts
"Imma Be" by Black Eyed Peas

Drago
7th November 2009, 02:30 AM
I used to kind of like Linkin Park, but I realise now that all of their crap sounds the same.

Ashlee Simpson is my current queen of annoying. How appropriate that she should release a song called 'Get Out of my Head', because that's exactly how I feel listening to it.

And for some older songs, 'I Know What Boys Like' by The Waitresses is an utterly horrible song, and you know what else I hate? 'American Pie'. The song just goes for way too long, and the lyrics are just a garbled bunch of crap.

Master Rudy
7th November 2009, 05:34 AM
I used to kind of like Linkin Park, but I realise now that all of their crap sounds the same.

There's a clear difference between LP and several of the other groups/singers on here however. LP does NOT suck. If you've ever seen them live you'll know what I mean. Oh and when I say live that also means seeing them on TV or You Tube doesn't count :P

RHCP and some BEP are ok. As for Fergie's "solo" album I still say it should just be reissued as an actual BHP album since the other members of the group all appear at some point. At least Chester Bennington had the sense to keep LP out of the the involvement of his new group, Dead by Sunrise. DBS actually sounds more like Orgy on some songs since the group has former members of that group. Seriously compare the sound of Morning After (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYI8ohSRYh4) and In the Darkness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJnJWNU1so&feature=related) to New Divide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0) and In the End (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10wflRRtwzE). All great songs but the difference is very obvious.

As for singers that actually do annoy me Avril Latrine (no that is not a misspelling :P) ranks extremely high on my list. Also despite her various charitable contributions making her a performer that's actually a decent person I've got no choice but to put Miley Cyrus on here since her music is extremely blah and annoying.

DarkestLight
7th November 2009, 09:08 AM
Uhh ..umm << This is gonna sound weird coming from me, but most new rap-hip hop pisses me off x_x Cause its frickin' lame. No inventive lyrics, no real good metaphors, Its' just baby rhymes over and over. Once in a while there'll be a good beat, or an album I slept on...

*pause* Slept on=did not listen to due to me listening to the hype (or lack thereof) about it, and thereby missing out on a really good album because of it *unpause*

..and I'll get a chance to hear it and I'll be surprised, but yeah. Aside from that set of genres, hate Taylor Swift. Hate Lamb Chop, fux you fp, that shits in my brain now. Also NOW HATE the Darkness and Panic at the Disco.

Telume
7th November 2009, 11:13 AM
Any Rap, Hip-Hop, or Raggaeton.

How the hell CAN YOU LISTEN to this stuff? It's just the same annoying beat OVER AND OVER with some NEW LYRICS. Oh sure change the time signature and it's something new woop-de-fucking do.

Geez.

Houndoom_Lover
7th November 2009, 12:58 PM
I only like one song from Darkness I think "I beleive in a thing called love" AndI like Panic! At a disco. Their new exclimationless work isn't as nice but... :0 I like all music but most country so I'm pretty hip.

abunaidesu
7th November 2009, 01:15 PM
Any Rap, Hip-Hop, or Raggaeton.

How the hell CAN YOU LISTEN to this stuff? It's just the same annoying beat OVER AND OVER with some NEW LYRICS. Oh sure change the time signature and it's something new woop-de-fucking do.

Geez.

They recently replaced my favorite radio station with a new company that decided playing that garbage 24/7 is a good idea. Oh well.

MToolen
7th November 2009, 06:49 PM
There's a commercial going around about a mobile phone company (no, I can't remember which one. It hasn't come on since I've thought of posting this. 'Tis a conspiracy, I say) that has the same two-beat motif for the ENTIRE COMMERCIAL. Pardon my netiquette, but seriously- "dum-dumm-didum" fifty times in thirty seconds with an occasional drum beat behind it does not good music make.

Master Rudy
7th November 2009, 11:23 PM
There's a commercial going around about a mobile phone company (no, I can't remember which one. It hasn't come on since I've thought of posting this. 'Tis a conspiracy, I say) that has the same two-beat motif for the ENTIRE COMMERCIAL. Pardon my netiquette, but seriously- "dum-dumm-didum" fifty times in thirty seconds with an occasional drum beat behind it does not good music make.

The way you describe it sounds like it could be Boost Mobile. The TV ads aren't so bad with how long you hear it. The radio ads on the other hand......

classy_cat18
7th November 2009, 11:41 PM
And for some older songs, 'I Know What Boys Like' by The Waitresses is an utterly horrible song,

The old guy's version on Family Guy is much better.

and you know what else I hate? 'American Pie'. The song just goes for way too long, and the lyrics are just a garbled bunch of crap.

Have you heard Weird Al's version? "The Saga Begins"?

Songs I hate? I agree with DL and say most current rap and hip-hop. How they get girls and money, and how they flaunt both. Bo-ring. Save it for Cribs, spoiled brats.

This, and anyone that crawls out of the Disney Channel.

Blademaster
8th November 2009, 12:19 AM
So what exactly do you enjoy listening to?

If I knew genres I'd tell you... A small sampling, though? Classical music, most Queen and Weird Al stuff, some songs by Europe, Stratovarius, assorted Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, KISS... Some techno stuff too. And of course video game/anime music. preferably without the lyrics. Sweet electric guitar and shrill Japanese man DON'T MIX.

Most new stuff I'm not big on. Unless it's really catchy somehow. So 99.9% of mainstream music goes out the window right there while pretty much anything from the Internet is good. Ultimate Showdown, for instance. A small selection of rap is OK. The "I'mma cap dem niggaz, blat-blat dem hos, an' fuck da pigz wit mah 27-inch dick muthafuckah" rap is garbage, but there's a few gems in the rapverse here and there. And no, I'm not gonna say the same for hip-hop because I can't tell the damn difference between the two. Rap, hip-hop, R&B, reggae, whatever black people music is called this week. It all sounds the same.

DarkestLight
8th November 2009, 12:24 AM
::Pats Blade.:: Can't say black people music 'cause we have soul and jazz and motown and choir and well starting there, there's a great variance in sound, tempo, beat, message and rhythm.

Telume: I could say the same for any genre really, there's a new guitar chord added and then suddenly its the best thing since spoiled milk from behind a radiator. Oh! Add John Mayer to the list of people that make NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY SOUNDING LIKE MUSIC!!! But honestly Telume, there's no way yer going to compare Hip Hop of the early 80's like GrandMaster Flash...to shizzle like.. hrm lemme pick some cornball ass...

OH. JIBBS! Chain Hang Low (I dare not link to it, you'll have exploded head syndrome) SERIOUSLY?!!?!? No. There's a standard for all music, and well, shit like that needs to stop being made.

And as Blade said, there's gems to be found in each verse, classics people are gonna remember, hot beats everyone going to dance to (provided you know how to dance), and the rest well...

I mean really, who still listens to RATT religiously? Even if you were a fan of them when they were out? >>

Blademaster
8th November 2009, 01:04 AM
::Pats Blade.:: Can't say black people music 'cause we have soul and jazz and motown and choir and well starting there, there's a great variance in sound, tempo, beat, message and rhythm.

Oh screw you and your black people logic. -_-;

classy_cat18
8th November 2009, 01:38 AM
Oh screw you and your black people logic. -_-;

Awww, are you mad because you know he's right? :P

Blademaster
8th November 2009, 05:33 AM
Of course not. Everybody knows blacks are notorious liars. He's trying to trick me, clearly. And you, TPM's other foremost Africano, are aiding and abetting his shenanigans.

Oh yes, I'm on to you... Y'all are crafty, but I've grown wise to your mind tricks...

Bear
8th November 2009, 10:17 AM
Anyone else find Jack Johnson completely dull and boring?

DarkestLight
8th November 2009, 10:28 AM
Of course not. Everybody knows blacks are notorious liars. He's trying to trick me, clearly. And you, TPM's other foremost Africano, are aiding and abetting his shenanigans.

Oh yes, I'm on to you... Y'all are crafty, but I've grown wise to your mind tricks...

Says whitie. AHHAHAAH That's funny.

Yeah Jack Johnson holds no real spark. You'd think a guy from Hawaii would be I dunno...have some sort of unique flavor to his music. There's one Hawaiian Musician I like, but I can't ever remember his name. Plays a ukelele. Chubby guy.

MToolen
9th November 2009, 08:35 AM
The way you describe it sounds like it could be Boost Mobile. The TV ads aren't so bad with how long you hear it. The radio ads on the other hand......

Actually just found it: it's htc, I guess a new company (video here (http://www.youtube.com/user/htc?blend=1&ob=4)).

You know what else I'm not a fan of? Most metal. I need my ears to be conditioned well enough to hear nuances of classical music for school (music ed major woo) and metal is just a bit too harsh. Or a lot too harsh depending on what it is.

Andrew
9th November 2009, 03:35 PM
NICKELBACK

Houndoom_Lover
9th November 2009, 03:45 PM
According to the list of great demons, free formed jazz is a great foe.

X3 On that note, I'm no fan of Usher.

Kurosakura
9th November 2009, 04:03 PM
Caramelldansen. 'Nuff said.

Houndoom_Lover
9th November 2009, 04:12 PM
That looks like the alphabet threw up in your post XD

PancaKe
9th November 2009, 06:43 PM
By December 24, I can't stand christmas carols. They're okay for now though

Jeff
9th November 2009, 06:59 PM
Now is way to freaking early for the Christmas songs.

I've seen a hose with its Christmas likghts up alredy, it's madness I tell you.

Edit: Wow, that's the last time I type while not looking.

PancaKe
9th November 2009, 07:02 PM
Well our store has started playing Christmas carols already. We're late compared to the shopping centers. Everywhere I go I see snowflakes and things... It doesn't even snow at Christmas here!!!!

(except for one freak year where it snowed on Christmas day in the mountains. crazy times)

Greyfox
9th November 2009, 11:52 PM
NICKELBACK

Will you marry me? It'd be perfect -- we have the same first name!

Also -- Katy Perry.

Systematic Revolution
9th November 2009, 11:56 PM
How about anything by Panic at the Disco? Yeah. They suck.

Master Rudy
10th November 2009, 02:35 AM

Damn Blade......I had my doubts about you. However this obviously anti-black rant proved my worst fears......this picture I took years ago is a picture of YOU!

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/f/fc/Cartman_kkk.jpg/180px-Cartman_kkk.jpg

If you have young children then avert their young eyes......IT'S HORRIBLE I TELL YOU!

Jay Umbreon
12th November 2009, 03:30 PM
CHERYL COLE
we gotta fight fight fight fight fight for this looove

Telume
12th November 2009, 07:22 PM
Jonas Brothers.... BLARGH

DarkestLight
12th November 2009, 08:35 PM
Jonas Brothers.... BLARGH

*Hi 5* Hate them. Nickel back too Andrew so *hi5* as well.

:O Oooh who likes Jesse McCarthey.

I'll shart in his face is what I'll do, hate him.

Mr. Brightside
16th November 2009, 02:58 PM

i was a fan of them until they released that rubbish: "The E.N.D." I am very disappointed at them.

Way to start a thread that'll piss people off! I aprove! ^_^ I like Lady Gaga and Black Eye Peas, they the shiznit. You know who I can't stand?

Taylor freakin' Swift

I didn't thought that people would flame each other, it wasn't my intention O.O

Anyway, Lady Gaga is another "singer" that i can't stand. But Taylor Swift is cute XD Bothas a singer and as a person. That said i don't claim to be a fan of her but i'd rather listen to her songs than Gaga's "Papa papa papa Paparazzi...."

That reminds me of Status Quo, you've heard one song of theirs and you know 95 % of the rest. But I still like them actually.

I dislike rap and hip hop cause those performing them always think they're oh so rad and got such an important message in their songs ... but it just stinks.

I am pretty sure that i've listened more than one of their songs. I just don't like them. Their videos are always boring and they always appear half naked, while the singer's voice is very irritating to my ears.

I'm not into rap, hip hop either but as a genre it has some pretty good music if you search in the past.

Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, MIMS, Soulja Boy

"This is why I'm hot" by MIMS = dumbest song in the history of "music"
...followed closely by "Fergalicious" and "Lady Lumps"

PS - Lady Gaga is a dude.

For some reason i like "Fergalicious". I used to listen to it the whole time :p

I do agree with you there, but 'Living On An Island' contradicts most of their other songs in terms of style.

And in response to the actual thread, it's weird, but most annoying songs become catchy and I eventually end up liking them, such as Britney Spears - Womanizer, Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl, Lady Gaga - Pokerface, Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling.

These are some of the most horrible songs. Especially "I got a feeling" is so bloody annoying. 7 times in a row they say "I got a feeling"!

Regarding Ms. Spears her latest album was bad. I am not a fan of her either but i really like some of the song from Blackout so i bought the album and it was a very good pop album. Sio yeah i was hoping that the next one would be as good or better but it sucked. Only "Phonography" is worthy. "Womanizer" gets 5/5 stars for sucking.

"Hey There Delilah" by Plain White Ts

This! This! I hate it!

I can't tell the damn difference between the two. Rap, hip-hop, R&B, reggae,

Same here, i just don't understand.

Telume
16th November 2009, 03:38 PM
I can't tell the damn difference between the two. Rap, hip-hop, R&B, reggae,

Reggae has a different beat from rap and I think you mistook Reggae for Reggaeton which are 2 completely different genres.

Reggae is a Jamaican genre of music, Bob Marley among the most prominent artists of the genre

and Reggaeton is the spanish free-form style of rapping, and among the most well-known artists for this genre is Daddy Yankee (I swear his song "Gasolina" pissed me off.)

Houndoom_Lover
16th November 2009, 04:15 PM
I know you didn't X3 I've just seen epic girl fights over music, forrizzle!

:0 I like Lady Gaga's ability to get on stage looking like a Fairy Tale threw up on her and then bleed everywhere. She's jazzy. She's been out there for a while now ^w^ I liked her before now

Oh, crap, I forgot why I came here- you know what song's not annoying? X3 Dis one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkaNLZBgq34

Enjoy!

Indecent Exposure
16th November 2009, 05:03 PM
The latest Miley Cyrus song is ear rape of the highest order. Should be banned on the grounds of indecency.

Crystalmaster Mike
17th November 2009, 03:11 PM
Any ringtone-wannabe-song from Jamba that's not the "original" Crazy Frog song (which in itself was also a ripoff, but still...)

Master of Paradox
18th November 2009, 06:15 PM
Let's see...

Anything Bon Jovi has done since that piece-of-shit country album.

That one lame song that committed the sin of stealing the piano section from "Werewolves of London".

Much of the modern rap genre, save anything that appeared in the game MadWorld.

That's a start...