Arena: plain old Indigo Stadium

i think thats everything, if i left anything out, let me know. ^_^

The_Missing_Link
12th April 2003, 05:21 PM
Nightshade-Choose me!

Why?

Nightshade-Because I'm special :P

Yeah, sure :rolleyes:

I'll choose Tahoma instead (male Jolteon)

Wolfsong
12th April 2003, 08:50 PM
A jolteon, interesting. Who to choose, who to choose...

Ayla: *gulps* Definately not me

You're not volunteering? That's a first

Ayla: I may be an annoyance, but i'm not stupid.

Well, I wasn't gonna send you out any way.

Ayla: *sighs in relief* That's good.

I choose Alan Jackson.

Ayla: *looks puzzled* The singer?

No. AJ, my male bayleef.

Ayla: Oh, him. So that's what AJ stands for.

Ok, AJ, I want you to start off by putting up a safeguard veil. Next, I want you to use leech seed, to hopefully trap that jolteon in one place. If the leech seed is succesful, use swagger. He'll want to get to you but the vines will hold him in place. However, use razor leaf instead.

Safeguard ~ Leech Seed ~ Swagger/Razor Leaf

[b]AJ: Got it

The_Missing_Link
12th April 2003, 08:58 PM
Alright Tahoma, sand attack to blind AJ and impair his vision for the future. If the ref deems that as a status affect, use focus energy instead. Then go with double team and finally use pin missile to knock those leaves away

Sand Attack/Focus Energ~Double Team~Pin Missile

Syberia
13th April 2003, 07:22 PM
ROUND 1 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

Pre-Battle:

The image of the badge our challenger will be battling for today flashes briefly upon the large screen here at Indigo Stadium.

Styx: Oooooooo, pretty...

Too bad you'll never own one, Styx

Styx: *sees a female Scizor walk by* Ooooooooo, pretty...

*sigh* Now there's something you'll definitely never have o_O

Ehm, yeah... now that Styx is "distracted" for a bit, I'll try to get a whole round done before he realizes anything has happened. Anyways, the challenger, Nala98, will be battling for the aforementioned badge against said badge's holder, The_Missing_Link. There I go, sounding like a lawyer again...

Oh look, here they come now. Teleporting in on her Alakazam is TML, and she quickly recalls him before he can say another word about wanting to participate in this battle. Taking the more conventional route is Nala98, whose Vaporeon at her side appears, conversely, seems rather glad to be recalled at the sudden appearance of Tahoma, TML's male Jolteon. Instead, a green plant-like thing from the rainforests, and named after a singer, takes her place. Wait a minute, is this a concert or a battle? Because if it's a concert, I have a feeling I am somehow going to get blamed for it.

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 100%, fine
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 100%, fine

Commands:
Nala98: Safeguard, Leech Seed, Swagger/Razor Leaf
The_Missing_Link: Sand-Attack/Focus Energy, Double Team, Pin Missile

FIGHT!

Thoroughly confused by this point, I find it wise to simply wave my flag, shout "FIGHT!" and then dive out of the way of incoming attacks and let the trainers sort this all out for themselves. Immediately, I come to the conclusion that AJ must be as confused as I am, for he simply sits there and does not appear to be battling or playing music. Little do I notice as a strange blue aura comes over him as he concentrates, and he soon feels its protection come over him. No, Tahoma shall simply wear him down with perhaps his greatest weapon; status effects. But the Jolteon has other ways of winning, as are made all too apparent as he kicks sand and small rocks into his unsuspecting opponent's face, who is left wondering if his protection will do him any good at all...

AJ blinks, but his tear-blurred vision does not show him reality... no, instead he sees the wavering and flickering forms of three seperate Jolteons staring him in the face. Somehow, he manages to fire off a seed miraculously in the general area of all three of his opponents, but it hits and lodges itself into nothing more than the ground.

His vision getting slightly clearer, AJ decides to try something with a little less chance of failure against the three seperate Tahomas now wandering the arena. With a swish of the petal on his head, several of the leaves around his neck fly off through the air in a wide spread towards two of them, but they never reach anything. From his spikey coat, Tahoma sends several of his own variety of sharp pointy things as fast as lightning towards the leaves now flying towards him. As they slice through eachother, both pieces of leaves and poisonous pins fall to the ground, completely spent of all energy.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 98%, vision improving, safeguarded (2 more rounds), fatigue (13%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 100%, 2 clones, fatigue (15%)
Styx: Flirting with the aforementioned female Scizor in the crowd.

How'd that happen?... o_O he has better luck with the ladies than I do!

The_Missing_Link
13th April 2003, 07:47 PM
You'll get someone someday Syb ~_^

Good job Tahoma. Now, hurt him with a double kick and then go in for a bite x2

Double Kick~Bite x2

If he tries any status affecting attack, just agility or detect away. Your choice

Wolfsong
13th April 2003, 08:56 PM
Ayla: Great start. I hope you have a plan.
Actually i do.
AJ: What?
If you give me the chance, I'll tell you. Start out with a wide ranged poison powder.
Ayla: But wouldn't he use one of his substituted moves.
Exactly, which will buy us some time. AJ then i want you to use a double team of your own.
AJ: Then what?
Finish with another razor leaf to take out your opponent's clones.

Poisonpowder ~ Double Team ~ Razor Leaf

AJ: *nodds*

Syberia
14th April 2003, 11:16 PM
ROUND 2 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 98%, vision improving, safeguarded (2 more rounds), fatigue (13%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 100%, 2 clones, fatigue (15%)
Styx: Flirting with the aforementioned female Scizor in the crowd.

Commands:
Nala98: Poison Powder, Double Team, Razor Leaf
The_Missing_Link: Double Kick, Bite x2

FIGHT!

Shaking his head violently from side to side, AJ soon fills the air with a billowing cloud of purple spores, each containing his own special form of nerve agent. As this plume spreads into small clumps, each being pulled slowly to earth by gravity, not a single one touches Tahoma, who is protected for the moment by some form of invisible barrier. His clones, however, are not so lucky as to be able to defend themselves in this manner, or at all, and they disappear as the powder sticks in their fur, releasing its toxins into their fading bodies.

Now that that's done, it's AJ's turn to go on the defensive, and now he, too, breaks into three copies. Tahoma blinks, momentarily confused, but that is not going to stop him. Even if he had wanted to, his built up momentul would not have let him. Picking one of his three foes at the last second, he lunges, jaws wide open... and snaps them shut against nothing but air, and his own teeth. Whatever he was aiming for is no longer present, and now only two Bayleefs look on.

Regaining his footing, balance, and pride, Tahoma leaps with a burst of lightning speed, fangs bared, just as a flurry of razor-sharp leaves come towards him, slicing the air like shurikens. And it is not only air they slice, as lines of red appear along his otherwise yellow-and-white body as he would seem to have taken a direct route through them, on his way to... empty air once more. Feeling more than a little embarrassed with himself over somehow missing his opponent (for there is now but one AJ in his sight), he can only lick his wounds, somewhat deflated.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 98%, safeguarded (1 more round), fatigue (25%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 92%, fatigue (28%)

Wolfsong
15th April 2003, 08:25 AM
Nice work, AJ. Next i want you to use sweet scent. If your foe is distracted, and you thik you can use leech seed successfully by all means do so. Other wise use Sunny day. That one's up to you. Then I want you to finish up with a mud slap.

Sweet Scent ~ Leech Seed/Sunny Day ~ Mud Slap

The_Missing_Link
15th April 2003, 08:52 AM
Tahoma, focus to not get distracted by AJ. Then when he uses sunny day, go in for a swift double kick. Finally, counter with your own mud slap

Focus Energy~Double Kick~Mud Slap

Syberia
17th April 2003, 08:01 PM
ROUND 3/b] – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

[b]The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 98%, safeguarded (1 more round), fatigue (25%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 92%, fatigue (28%)

Commands:
Nala98: Sweet Scent, Leech Seed/Sunny Day, Mud-Slap
The_Missing_Link: Focus Energy, Double Kick, Mud-Slap

FIGHT!

[i]As he slowly twirls the leaf on top of his head, AJ blankets everything with a smell like sugar and honey; the smell of everything sweet that calms the nerves. One breath, and everything on my mind is gone - what to eat for dinner, what Styx is doing, who will wil the NBA championship - everything. In fact, it takes all of my concentration just to remember I am supposed to be reffing this battle and not drift away into some form of drug-induced stupor. This state, however, seems to have already been achieved perfectly by Tahoma, who stands almost perfectly still, staring off into space, completely unaware that there is even anything slightly out of the ordinary going on around him... his sole focus is on his opponent, and he shuts everything else out of his mind.

His opponent apparently incapacitated for the moment, AJ focuses hard on the sky above. Every last light, fluffy cloud in it scatters, leaving the midday sun free to shine down on everything, unopposed. AJ feels its warm, soothing rays hit her back... Ouch x_x! Tahoma's two front paws strike him swiftly across the face. He does not recoil in time before a second lightning-quick kick, this time with his back legs, nails him across the opposite cheek.

Scraping at the hard dirt below with their feet, both AJ and Tahoma wonder where they're going to get any mud. But no matter, each manages to fling a fair amount of sand, pebbles, and dust in their opponent's face instead. Both reeling backwards, they both realize at about the same time that maybe what they just did wasn't the greatest idea.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 89%, poor vision, fatigue (36%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 88%, focused, poor vision, fatigue (39%)

The_Missing_Link
18th April 2003, 12:33 PM
Alright Tahoma, use a rain dance to wash away the mud from your eyes. Then use a pin missile to gun down AJ and then use swift

Rain Dance~Pin Missile~Swift

Wolfsong
18th April 2003, 02:03 PM
Ok, AJ, nice work. I want you to start out with another safeguard. The rain should help your vision as well. Next, I want you to detect the pin missile. Then I want you to finish with either leech seed or body slam. Your choice. Use whichever you think will work the best.

Safeguard ~ Detect ~ Leech Seed/Body Slam

Syberia
19th April 2003, 03:18 PM
ROUND 4 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 89%, poor vision, fatigue (36%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 88%, focused, poor vision, fatigue (39%)

Commands:
Nala98: Safeguard, Detect, Leech Seed/Body Slam
The_Missing_Link: Rain Dance, Pin Missile, Swift

FIGHT!

AJ feels suddenly… strange. He can’t quite seem to put a finger on it, but it seems as if something is missing from him… something that he would feel much better if he had. Turning to the sky, he embraces the mysterious protection brought down upon his body once more… and a cool drop of rain splashes into his face. What? This is not what he had wished for. The slight snicker on Tahoma’s face, now visible through the bits of dried dirt being washed away, certainly confirms this. Both pokemon take to blinking repeatedly, and their tear-blurred vision improves slightly. But it was not only the dirt on and around their eyes that made it hard to see, but the stuff that scratched its way in them as well. While the rain appears to be doing its job on this as well, it shall take time...

Time that Tahoma does not have, or else does not want to take. Taking what would appear to be a decent angle, he lets loose another storm of poisonous darts from his spiny coat full of them. Although not as well-aimed as he may have hoped, their wide angle will get the job done… or will it? AJ gauges this new danger quickly… and sighs. It’s impossible; it seems that his species has not been granted the speed or quickness needed to accomplish a feat like this. What does his trainer think this is; The Matrix? He can only dodge as well as his body will allow, but even with the slight problem in Tahoma's aim, it is not enough. He winces, as the small needles dig their way into his body, and as some pass just inches to either side, realizes his efforts may not have been entirely fruitless.

Tahoma glares. This time, he will not even partially miss. He is sure of this, for it is not his sight he will be relying on as he sends forward a barrage of small, flat, and sharp-pointed yellow stars. This looks bad, and AJ does not want to get any closer to them than he has to… and he does not, in fact, have to. Launching a small seed out of the single leaf on his head, he watches as it anchors itself and sprouts in his foe’s flesh. Long, leafy vines wrap themselves repeatedly around his body, weaving themselves through and around his spikes. AJ’s victory is only short-lived, however, as his body is pierced by the points of many sharp shurikens…

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 74%, safeguarded (2 more rounds), fatigue (45%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 84%, focused, trapped in Leech Seed vines, fatigue (49%)
Arena: Rain Dance in effect for three more rounds.

Wolfsong
20th April 2003, 09:25 PM
Well, it didn't go as bad as i feared it would or as good as i would have hoped. Anyway, nice work, AJ. We're still in this. I want you to start with ancient power. Next I want you to use a sunny day to clear away the rain. Then finish up with a toxic.

Ancient Power ~ Sunny Day ~ Toxic

The_Missing_Link
25th April 2003, 11:00 AM
Ok Tahoma, we're in a bit of a pickle right now but we can get out of it. If your legs aren't tied up from the vines, use a quick burst of agility to escape the ancientpower. If they are, use protect. Then use a shadowball on him as he uses sunny day and then use double team

Agility/Protect~Shadowball~Double Team

Syberia
29th April 2003, 07:28 PM
ROUND 5 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 74%, safeguarded (2 more rounds), fatigue (45%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 84%, focused, trapped in Leech Seed vines, fatigue (49%)
Arena: Rain Dance in effect for three more rounds.

Commands:
Nala98: Ancientpower, Sunny Day, Toxic
The_Missing_Link: Agility/Protect, Shadow Ball, Double Team

FIGHT!

Tahoma struggles against the thick, leafy fetters that bind him... it's no use. His lightning speed will do him no good, at least not now. A column of rocks, ripping up the very ground beneath as it goes, grows ever closer. Tahoma closes his eyes, as the booming of stones fills his ears. Standing his ground, he does not even flinch as the boulders break upon his body. As the dust clears, his bright yellow form emerges without a single scratch. The vines binding him, however, do not share such good fortune, and many lay tattered on the ground, smashed between the rocks themselves and their victim's spikes.

The rain slackens to a mere drizzle, then stops entirely as the gray skies above turn a pleasant shade of blue once more. Immediately the waterlogged skin of both pokemon begins to dry, as the sun's rays show themselves. But no light can save AJ from the darkness now exploding around him. It feels as if every inch of his body is on fire; every pain receptor firing at once. But, just as rapidly, the feeling passes, leaving everything as it was before.

I suppose that is not entirely true, as from the fading darkness, AJ can now see three distinct opponents before her; moments before there was only one. Without the slightest clue what is real, she spits a purple fluid at one of them... and watches with amazement as a faint whisp of steam can be seen while the stuff works its way into a very real Jolteon. Styx catches my eye in the crowd, and winks at me as if to say "You seem to be the only one without luck today." I shake my head... and the fact is reinforced as my pants suddenly fall off, to the laughter of all who see. No luck indeed -_-;

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 66%, safeguarded (1 more round), fatigue (55%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 82%, focused, free of Leech Seed, intoxicated (3% next round), 2 clones, fatigue (63%)
Arena: Sunny Day in effect for three more rounds.

The_Missing_Link
30th April 2003, 08:42 PM
Kyle without his pants. Interesting indeed...

Tahoma-What do you mean by that?

Nothing, nothing...

Tahoma- -_-;

*coughs* Anyway, hit AJ hard with a pin missile. Then follow up with a quick attack and then take a break for a bit. You need it

Pin Missile~Quick Attack~Take A Break

Wolfsong
30th April 2003, 09:51 PM
Ok, AJ, try to stop the pin missiles by blocking them with your razor leaf. Then use double team. If your opponent's clones are gone, use gigadrain. Otherwise, take a break.

Razor Leaf ~ Double Team ~ Giga Drain/Take a Break

Syberia
3rd May 2003, 05:50 PM
ROUND 6 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 66%, safeguarded (1 more round), fatigue (55%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 82%, focused, free of Leech Seed, intoxicated (3% next round), 2 clones, fatigue (63%)
Arena: Sunny Day in effect for three more rounds.

Commands:
Nala98: Razor Leaf, Double Team, Giga Drain/Take a break
The_Missing_Link: Pin Missile, Quick Attack, Take a break

FIGHT!

*dodges random fruit being thrown at him* Of all days to wear pink polka-dotted boxers o_O

Psyche: I think they're quite attractive

I'll just pretend I didn't hear that x_x

Styx: I think she's quite attractive

*falls down*

Three on one... this isn't quite fair. Then again, neither is life, but that's beside the point. AJ knows how to even the odds a bit, though, and another flurry of small, sharpened leaves detatch themselves from the wreath around his neck. They never get a chance to do their job, though, as they are almost immediately ripped to ribbons which float harmlessly to the ground, by a volley of poisoned needles, almost invisible with the speed with which they move. A few of these manage to find their way into AJ's skin, though their amount is almost negligible.

With the true speed of his kind, Tahoma rushes through the cloud of leaf fragments almost before they hit the ground. AJ tries in vain to even the odds of this fight, creating three of his own images, but not soon enough. The streak of lightning is upon him before he can get away, driven forward by inertia into the one true Meganium, which was apparent at the time he began his charge. AJ goes reeling backwards, and Tahoma jumps deftly aside. Both continue to stand there, glaring, gathering themselves for what is to come, as their clones disperse themselves throughout...

Nightshade: *stares*

o_O Keep that x-ray vision of yours to yourself, please -_-

Nightshade: *snicker*

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 56%, 2 clones, fatigue (57%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 79%, focused, free of Leech Seed, intoxicated (4% next round), 2 clones, fatigue (69%)
Arena: Sunny Day in effect for two more rounds.

Wolfsong
3rd May 2003, 09:23 PM
Ok, AJ. Let's see, start out with another safeguard. Then use a widespread razor leaf. Lastly use your own judgement for the last move.

Safeguard ~ Razor Leaf ~ Use your own judgement

The_Missing_Link
3rd May 2003, 09:29 PM
Tahoma, use roar to distract AJ from using safeguard...again. If you succeed, use swift and then a widespread thunderwave if possible. If not, still use swift and then take another break

Roar~Swift~Thunderwave/Take A Break

Syberia
5th May 2003, 10:41 PM
ROUND 7 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 56%, 2 clones, fatigue (57%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 79%, focused, free of Leech Seed, intoxicated (4% next round), 2 clones, fatigue (69%)
Arena: Sunny Day in effect for two more rounds.

Commands:
Nala98: Safeguard, Razor Leaf, Whatever
The_Missing_Link: Roar, Swift, Thunder Wave/Take a break

FIGHT!

The arena is littered with false images... unreal Jolteons stare down similarly faux Bayleefs to their hearts content, but neither can tell if the other is real or not. Once more AJ feels that a part of him is missing... his protection has again gone by the wayside in this prolonged fight. Just as he begins to recall it to him, a violent, deep-throated roar shakes his very bones. His concentration all but ruined, AJ decides to play it safe in the face of three different Tahomas, each one not quite looking to be capable of producing such a sound as was just heard.

He decides to even the odds a bit, and Tahoma seems inclined to do the same. Yellow stars and jagged leaves criss-cross the maze of pokemon, both real and unreal; some clashing into eachother and others finding their targets only to have them vanish into nothing as they hit. Tahoma would appear to have gotten the better of that battle, as his tracking stars all found their mark. But AJ is not as lucky, and having no real way of making his leaves follow their targets around the arena, simply lined up a shot at the two nearer Jolteons. One of them, however, is what he was aiming for; the other simply a trick.

He has not long to wait before Tahoma's next move is made clear; widening rings sparking with electricity seperate themselves from his body, their static charge bound for AJ's muscles. Yet as they reach his body, something strange happens... they pass over him as if he was not there at all, dissipating into the air against the cement wall behind. But AJ is growing weary of this protecting tactic...

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 50%, fatigue (66%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 75%, focused, intoxicated (5% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (78%)
Arena: Sunny Day in effect for one more round.

The_Missing_Link
7th May 2003, 09:26 AM
Tahoma, take a break the whole round. If you feel you're in trouble, get out of the way with agaility or detect, your choice

Take A Break x3

Wolfsong
8th May 2003, 08:12 AM
Sorry it took me a while. Tornado warnings are nto to be messed with. >.<

Ok, AJ start with safeguard, then take a break X2

Safeguard ~ Take a break ~ Take a break

Syberia
10th May 2003, 03:34 PM
ROUND 8 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 50%, fatigue (66%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 75%, focused, intoxicated (5% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (78%)
Arena: Sunny Day in effect for one more round.

Commands:
Nala98: Safeguard, Take a break x2
The_Missing_Link: Take a break x3

FIGHT!

Sorry for the shortness, but there's only so much I can say when both pokemon have been ordered to do basically nothing

AJ finds himself missing something once more... a vital part of him that, judging by his previous actions, he cannot live without, at least in this particular battle. A blue light flashes out from him momentarily, before receeding back upon his skin in a faint, protective aura.

Meanwhile, Tahoma simply looks on, panting and catching his breath, as AJ soon decides to take the liberty of doing the same. They appear to have outwaited even the sun in the sky, which disappears momentarily from view behind one of many light, fluffy clouds.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 50%, safeguarded (2 rounds), fatigue (59%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 70%, focused, intoxicated (5% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (63%)

Wolfsong
11th May 2003, 08:41 AM
Considering that electricity was out for most of the nght here i am.

Ok, nice work AJ. Start off with double team. Then use razor leaf, and finish with swords dance

Double Team ~ Razor Leaf ~ Swords Dance

The_Missing_Link
14th May 2003, 06:10 PM
Good work Tahoma. Now use mud slap to get rid of the clones and spray mud into AJ's eyes. Then get out of the way with a quick agility and take a break while he uselessly powers up

Mud Slap~Agility~Take A Break

Syberia
17th May 2003, 11:30 PM
ROUND 9 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 50%, safeguarded (2 rounds), fatigue (59%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 70%, focused, intoxicated (6% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (63%)

Commands:
Nala98: Double Team, Razor Leaf, Swords Dance
The_Missing_Link: Mud Slap, Agility, Nothing whatsoever

FIGHT!

Continuing this battle's overall trend of defensive tactics, the single AJ one again becomes three... for a moment, at least. A cloud of mud, dust, and small rocks hide them from view, and when it fades, only one remains, altogether a bit dirty and blinking profusely in an attempt to dislodge a few grains of sand from his eyes. For the moment, that effort would seem to be as futile as the Kings trying to win Game 7.

Picking the biggest splotch of yellow he can through his fuzzy vision, he lets loose another storm of leaves. Poorly aimed to begin with, they are not much trouble for Tahoma to bolt out of the way of. So far, his speed seems to be getting the better of his leafy opponent.

AJ is far from out, however, and he has more than a few tricks left up his... uhh... stem. He begins to spin, slowly at first, then faster and faster (well, fast at least for something that looks like a small dinosaur decorated for a Hawaiian luau, anyways), getting himself ready for what may, about 10 rounds down the line, end up actually causing something to get KO'ed in this match. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Styx: I thought Alan Jackson was a country singer, not a spinning male ballerina o_O

Yes, Styx, I did too. And it would appear Tahoma is having similar thoughts about him, as he just sits there staring at this display, somehow managing not to become dizzy from watching it.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 47%, safeguarded (1 round), vision clearing, pumped up, fatigue (68%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 64%, focused, intoxicated (7% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (65%)

The_Missing_Link
20th May 2003, 09:07 PM
Good job Tahoma. Start off with a pin missile and then go in for double kick and finally a quick attack

Pin Missile~Double Kick~Quick Attack

If he tries a double team on the second and/or third turn, use swift instead

Wolfsong
21st May 2003, 09:42 PM
AJ, start off with protect. Then use your vines to tangle up Tahoma's legs, and finish with a body slam.

Protect ~ Use your vines to tangle up Tahoma's legs ~ Body Slam

Syberia
25th May 2003, 11:36 PM
ROUND 10-ish – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 47%, safeguarded (1 round), vision clearing, pumped up, fatigue (68%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 64%, focused, intoxicated (7% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (65%)

Commands:
Nala98: Protect, Vine Whip, Body Slam
The_Missing_Link: Pin Missile, Double Kick, Quick Attack

FIGHT!

Sharp, prickly needles rain down on AJ, once part of his opponent's dense coat but now nothing more than a poisonous weapon. The Bayleef stands his ground, surrounded suddenly by a faint aura of blue as its protection comes over him. He stares the onslaught directly in the face, unflinching as the needles stick into what would appear to be his skin. But as AJ blinks, they seem to have lodged themselves in no further than if his body were of solid stone, and fall suddenly to the ground.

Angered, both Tahomas lunge, feet outstretched in front of them, ready to deliver a crippling blow. Vines shoot forth from AJ's body, reflexively wrapping themselves around the legs of the closest Jolteon. He knows his job has been done when the flesh in his grip struggles to free itself instead of simply disappearing, and can now tell fully which of his opponents is no more than a useless mirror image.

Tahoma still struggles, but his fetters grow tighter with each attempt to free himself. His speed is useless here, for the moment, as he clumsily tries to stand and instead falls flat on his face. His attempt to get up is all but foiled as he feels a tremendous, crushing weight across his back. He can only grit his teeth, and thank whatever god he believes in that he isn't fighting a Snorlax right about now.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 46%, pumped up, knows which Jolteon is real at least for the moment, fatigue (77%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 45%, focused, legs tangeled, intoxicated (8% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (72%)

Wolfsong
26th May 2003, 08:44 AM
Nice work AJ. Start off with leech seed to tangle up your opponent. Then use body slam X2.

Leech Seed ~ Body Slam ~ Body Slam

I'll try to be more descriptive later. I just woke up a few minutes ago.

The_Missing_Link
26th May 2003, 11:32 AM
If you can manage this Tahoma, use pin missile to knock away the seed and hit AJ at the same time. If not, just use protect. Then bite down on his vines to keep him occupied and free you and finally use thunderwave to paralyze him

Pin Missile/Protect~Bite~Thunderwave

Syberia
30th May 2003, 11:03 PM
ROUND 11 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 46%, pumped up, knows which Jolteon is real at least for the moment, fatigue (77%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 45%, focused, legs tangeled, intoxicated (8% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (72%)

Commands:
Nala98: Leech Seed, Body Slam x2
The_Missing_Link: Pin Missile/Protect, Bite, Thunder Wave

FIGHT!

AJ has a difficult task in front of him... how does he plan to sprout seeds around something that he is currently sitting on top of? As he begins to get up, he recieves some rather uncalled-for help from the least likely of sources; his opponent. As Tahoma's spikes once more shoot into his soft underbelly pinning him down, he finds it wise to simply get off of them as quickly as he can, and diverts all his energy and attention to that end.

That was a dirty trick, but AJ seems ready for more. Tahoma chomps away furiously at the vines pinning him, much to AJ's dismay and displeasure, and frees himself only just in time. His foe charges him, then jumps into the air, impacting his heavy body into... dirt. Tahoma dodges aside just in time, and AJ soon loses sight of him along with his clone.

AJ is forced with a decision - which is these two Jolteons is real? He knew only moments before, but a jarring collision with the ground has caused him to lose track. He looks indecisively between them, and then it becomes a moot point. As a surge of electricity washes over him, he feels his muscles suddenly go haywire... he falls, caught up in a sudden twitching fit, to the ground.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 33%, pumped up, paralyzed, fatigue (84%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 37%, focused, freed, intoxicated (9% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (80%)

The_Missing_Link
30th May 2003, 11:07 PM
Wonderful my friend. Now send him sprawling with a good double kick and then use a quick attack. Finally, rest up a bit

Double Kick~Quick Attack~Take A Break

If he uses double team during during the first 2 orders, use swift instead

Wolfsong
1st June 2003, 06:35 PM
AJ, you're doing good. First of all, i want you to counter the double kick. Then try to hit him with your leech seed. Lastly i want you to use a solar beam. No matter what happens, i'm proud of you.

Counter ~ Leech Seed ~ Solar Beam

Syberia
5th June 2003, 10:44 PM
ROUND 12 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 33%, pumped up, paralyzed, fatigue (84%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 37%, focused, freed, intoxicated (9% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (80%)

Commands:
Nala98: Counter, Leech Seed, Solarbeam
The_Missing_Link: Double Kick, Quick Attack, Take a break

FIGHT!

So far AJ has been lucky, but now he has lost track of which foe is real... both come at him, and he must decide quickly. He leaps to meet one of them in midair, taking two quick blows from his paws with his belly before taking a swipe with his own front feet. His luck holds, as they once again strike living flesh, and Tahoma rolls over on the ground.

He gets up with lightning speed and charges; no way is AJ going to repeat his previous performance this time. In his present state, he can't do much of anything, twitching on the ground as Tahoma slams his weight and inertia into his body once again. Trying desperately to follow the commands his brain is sending to uncontrollable muscles, a few small pods detatch themselves from the leafy fleece around his neck to form a small shrubbery on the otherwise barren, dry ground.

Styx: Bring me... a shrubbery!

Err, Styx, what did I tell you about reciting lines from bad movies?

Styx: Ni!

Gah, no! *covers ears* Why does that actually work? As I writhe in agony upon the ground, Tahoma stares at me with a weird look on his face... I can't exactly blame him; there's not much else to do while he rests. His clone looks on too, as a searing beam of pure sunlight washes over him, and he winces with a burning pain. Some use this double has proven to be. He really doesn't look so good...

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 25%, pumped up, paralyzed, fatigue (93%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 4%, focused, freed, intoxicated (10% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (86%)

Wolfsong
6th June 2003, 09:12 PM
Nice work AJ. I know you're getting tired, and no matter what happens you did great. Now i want you to start with a double team. Then take a break X 2.

Double Team ~ Take a Break ~ Take a Break

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 09:17 PM
You've done very well Tahoma. I'm very proud of you

Now, use a pin missile to get rid of the clones. Finally, use the strongest double kicks x2 that you can. Put in your last remaining strands of health for this last round

Pin Missile~Double Kick x2

Syberia
8th June 2003, 04:35 PM
ROUND 13 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 25%, pumped up, paralyzed, fatigue (93%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): 4%, focused, freed, intoxicated (10% next round), 1 clone, fatigue (86%)

Commands:
Nala98: Double Team, Take a break x2
The_Missing_Link: Pin Missile, Double Kick x2

FIGHT!

This looks to be the end of at least one of the two combatants; but just which one is yet to be determined. Taking every last precaution to ensure that it is not him, AJ splits himself up into three seperate entities, perhaps for the last time... then he winces as a slew of tiny needles rip through both them and himself, giving a new meaning to the word acupuncture.

He grits his teeth, if Bayleefs even have them at all, as two hard paws come down upon his cheek... he stands strong as Tahoma plans to repeat this trick, but falters. He trips on himself almost as he strikes, panting hard as he lays sprawled on the ground, the venom coursing through his veins sucking the last bit of life out of him. He closes his eyes, for it is over.

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): 13%, pumped up, paralyzed, fatigue (85%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): KO'ed

The_Missing_Link
8th June 2003, 04:39 PM
Good job buddy *returns*

This one will be much harder. Go Orion! (male Scizor)

Get in there quick with razor wind x3. All clones and his other tricks should be blown away. Don't tire yourself out too quickly though

Razor Wind x3

Wolfsong
9th June 2003, 11:18 AM
Nice work AJ. I know that you are tired, butlets try to finish this round. I want you to start out with a flash. Then if you have the strength left, use sweet scent, and follow up with leech seed. No matter what happens you have done well and I'm proud of you.

Flash ~ Sweet Scent ~ Leech Seed

Syberia
11th June 2003, 11:51 PM
ROUND 14 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): 13%, pumped up, paralyzed, fatigue (85%)
Tahoma (Jolteon M): KO'ed

Commands:
Nala98: Flash, Sweet Scent, Leech Seed
The_Missing_Link: Razor Wind x3

FIGHT!

Tahoma's time in this match is over, but he has done his duty well, and is thankful for the rest he may now have as he is returned in a glow of red. A moment later... Styx appears? WTF, GET OFF THE FIELD!

Styx: Uhh, I'm right over here o_o;

If you're there, then who's that? Please don't tell me I'm seeing double, as two Styx would be the absolute last thing I need. Looking rather annoyed, Becca informs me that that would be her own Scizor, Orion, and not the dreaded one that everyone who has ever had me ref a battle for them has come to know and fear (or just plain laugh at).

A sharp wind sweeps AJ off his feet as it stings his hide, and the flowery beast is momentarily gone from all vision, replaced instead by a brilliant flash of pure white. As the light fades, the winds also grow calm once more, and so does AJ. Orion's victory is masked to his own eyes by the distorted patches of color that now swim before them...

Post-round stats:
AJ (Bayleef M): KO'ed
Orion (Scizor M): 100%, blurred vision, fatigue (4%)

Wolfsong
12th June 2003, 09:35 AM
Nice work AJ. I'm proud of you. *returns* Talut, you're up. Talut is my male dragonite. Ok, Talut, I want you to start off with Safeguard. Next i want you to try an paralize him with a thunder wave. Finish up with supersonic.

Safeguard ~ Thunder Wave ~ Supersonic

The_Missing_Link
12th June 2003, 01:38 PM
Orion, put up a safeguard. Then give Talut a good bashing with metal claw and finally use slash. If I'm wrong about supersonic not being effective against a safeguard since it is a status attack, use swords dance instead

Safeguard~Metal Claw~Slash/Swords Dance

Syberia
14th June 2003, 07:44 PM
ROUND 15 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
AJ (Bayleef M): KO'ed
Orion (Scizor M): 100%, blurred vision, fatigue (4%)

Commands:
Nala98: Safeguard, Thunder Wave, Supersonic
The_Missing_Link: Safeguard, Metal Claw, Slash

FIGHT!

Tahoma may have been first to fall, but AJ soon follows suit; his collapsed body vanishing in a red flash as Amy returns him. He is replaced momentarily by a brown, white, and blue winged beast of the draconic variety; her next combatant to face the red metal ninja bug of doom.

Both simply sit there, calling momentarily to the heavens above. They are answered by a power we humans cannot possibly hope to comprehend (well I can't, at least) as an almost invisible aura forms around them. Both can feel its protection within them, but neither seems to have any idea that their opponent has just pulled off the same exact trick.

Talut makes this quite obvious as he glows yelllow with electricity and, through his outstretched hand, channels the current through Orion's steel, conductive frame. The energy simply courses over his joints once or twice before dissipating, showing no indications that it has done anything whatsoever. Talut promptly recieves a hard, iron claw to the side of the face for his troubles. Ouch.

But he will try once more as, vibrating his two antennae slowly at first and then so fast they are nearly invisible, he fills the air with a horrible shriek. I almost immediately begin to suffer from a horrible migraine, but Orion can ignore it almost completely, another result of the strange power that I cannot understand but wish I had right now. Orion delivers another mighty swipe with his sharp red claw, and a similarly colored line of red promptly appears down his scaly chest.

Post-round stats:
Talut (Dragonite M): 86%, safeguardrd (2 more rounds), bleeding from chest, fatigue (6%)
Orion (Scizor M): 100%, safeguarded (2 more rounds), fatigue (14%)

The_Missing_Link
15th June 2003, 06:08 PM
Alright Orion. Now split using a double team then go in for a fast pursuit. Finally, use razor wind

Double Team~Pursuit~Razor Wind

If Talut uses any fire moves, swords dance away

Wolfsong
15th June 2003, 10:47 PM
Ok, Talut, after you opponent double teams use your swift to destroy the clones. Next when Orion comes at you with pursuit, hit him with a dynamic punch. Finish things off with a razor wind of your own.

Swift ~ Dynamic punch ~ Razor wind

Syberia
17th June 2003, 07:31 PM
ROUND 16 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
Talut (Dragonite M): 86%, safeguarded (2 more rounds), bleeding from chest, fatigue (6%)
Orion (Scizor M): 100%, safeguarded (2 more rounds), fatigue (14%)

Commands:
Nala98: Swift, Dynamic Punch, Razor Wind
The_Missing_Link: Double Team, Pursuit, Razor Wind

FIGHT!

One becomes many... soon three individual Scizor, each alike in appearance, sharing the same flashy steel hides and sharp metallic claws, appear. Talut blinks, slightly confused but not for long as they are blasted by a widespread volley of stars... soon only one remains to be of any trouble.

Surrounding himself with an aura of darkness, the one remaining form of Orion takes off through the air at blinding speeds. Talut swipes at nothing but thin air as he is struck by a quick, almost invisible blur of red as it flashes by. Delivering the kind of crippling blow he had in mind takes time; much more than Orion had planned on giving him.

The air grows fierce as both pokemon beat their wings harder and harder... their skin is sliced by sharp currents upon the wind as they stand their groud, both too heavy to be picked up in the swirling vortex, but each knowing exactly what the other is feeling.

Post-round stats:
Talut (Dragonite M): 71%, safeguarded (1 more round), bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, fatigue (19%)
Orion (Scizor M): 86%, armor dented, safeguarded (1 more round), fatigue (26%)

Wolfsong
19th June 2003, 08:23 PM
Ok, Talut, good work. Now i want you to agility into the air. Next, I want you to use your Dragon Fury. Lastly finish things off with a twister.

Agility into the air~ Dragon Fury ~ Twister

Before i forget Dragon Fury is Talut's sig move:

Dragonite (M)
Nickname: Talut
Signature move: Dragon Fury
Talut's eyes begin glowing an eerie ice blue, and soon the glow travels down his body. For two rounds, the glow will stay and his dragon type attacks will get stronger. Damage will be multipled by 1.2. The attack lasts for two rounds and there must be a three round gap between uses.
Type: Dragon | Accuracy: 85% | Damage: 0%

The_Missing_Link
20th June 2003, 05:52 PM
Orion, just relax while Talut flies up into the air. When he uses his signature move, get at him with a good razor wind. Finally, agility away from the twister, preferably up above Talut

Relax~Razor Wind~Agility

Syberia
23rd June 2003, 05:34 PM
ROUND 17 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
Talut (Dragonite M): 71%, safeguarded (1 more round), bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, fatigue (19%)
Orion (Scizor M): 86%, armor dented, safeguarded (1 more round), fatigue (26%)

Commands:
Nala98: Agility, Dragon Fury, Twister
The_Missing_Link: Take a break, Razor Wind, Agility

FIGHT!

Flapping his tiny wings, Talut somehow manages to take to the sky... quite a funny sight to watch, actually. I guess being a dragon does have its advantages, though. Orion would apparently see the humor in this as well, as he sits back and watches his opponent fly on those small wings... silly Scizor, how little does he know...

Talut roars loudly, and a strange aura of blue comes over him... not the same aura of protection he has already been subjected to; no, this is one of sheer power. A bit of protection would be quite nice, though, as Orion batters him with another fierce windstorm. Fresh new stinging wounds open up alongside those already beginning to heal.

Once more flapping his small wings, Talut counters with a raging tornado of his own. Wind and dirt swirl around as Orion struggles not to get sucked inside. He zooms around as the currents bite at him, but the expended vortex soon fades away, defeated, as you might say, by Orion's blinding speed.

Post-round stats:
Talut (Dragonite M): 57%, flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, Dragon Fury active (5 more actions), fatigue (32%)
Orion (Scizor M): 81%, armor dented, fatigue (30%)

The_Missing_Link
23rd June 2003, 05:43 PM
Great job Orion

Orion: hoohah!

--; Maybe I shouldn't let you talk to Nightshade anymore

Nightshade: Noooooooooo

*sighs* Anyways, good job Orion. Now, use safeguard again and then go in for a metal claw. Finally, quick attack

Safeguard~Metal Claw~Quick Attack

If Talut tries to use fire or dragon moves after safeguard, use agility instead. If he uses double team after safeguard, swift them

Wolfsong
25th June 2003, 08:03 AM
Ok, Talut, hang in there. You're doing fine. First, while your opponent is using safeguard, hit him hard with a fire blast. Next, I want you to detect the metal claw, and finish the round with a safeguard of your own.

Fire Blast ~ Detect ~ Safeguard

Syberia
1st July 2003, 03:05 PM
ROUND 18 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
Talut (Dragonite M): 57%, flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, Dragon Fury active (5 more actions), fatigue (32%)
Orion (Scizor M): 81%, armor dented, fatigue (30%)

Commands:
Nala98: Fire Blast, Detect, Safeguard
The_Missing_Link: Safeguard, Metal Claw, Quick Attack

FIGHT!

A veil of blue stars surrounds Orion with a faint shield as a swirling cross of embers close in upon him... red armor becomes black under their blazing fury as the flames burn their way into his skin. It was never meant to protect him against that, and Orion has payed the price.

Time seems almost to slow down for Talut as the blunt side of a blackened red claw slices towards his face... the Dragonite somehow dodges Matrix-style as the rest of Orion darts past, completely unable to comprehend how such a large Dragonite could ever move that fast. Talut has been playing a bit too much "Enter the Matrix," I suppose.

Talut tries to duplicate the trick he saw the big red bug perform earlier, and the same stars begin swirling around him. No smiting flame comes for him, but instead a swift blow to the chest from a seemingly invisible blur knocks the wind out of him even before his shield has a chance to establish itself.

Post-round stats:
Talut (Dragonite M): 48%, safeguarded (2 rounds), flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, Dragon Fury active (2 more actions), fatigue (44%)
Orion (Scizor M): 58%, safeguarded (2 rounds), golden brown, extra crispy, armor dented, fatigue (40%)

Wolfsong
2nd July 2003, 06:17 PM
Excellent work Talut. First i want you to use extremespeed. Then try to hit Orion with a dragonbreath immediately after before he has time to get away. Lastly, I want you to finsih with Razor wind.

Extremespeed ~ Dragonbreath ~ Razor Wind

The_Missing_Link
2nd July 2003, 06:41 PM
Orion, pull off a double team as fast as you can. Even if Talut gets in before the double team, the worst he can do is dent your armor a bit more. Then go in for a good ole metal claw and finally counter with your own razor wind

Double Team~Metal Claw~Razor Wind

Syberia
3rd July 2003, 11:30 PM
ROUND 19 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
Talut (Dragonite M): 48%, safeguarded (2 rounds), flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, Dragon Fury active (2 more actions), fatigue (44%)
Orion (Scizor M): 58%, safeguarded (2 rounds), golden brown, extra crispy, armor dented, fatigue (40%)

Commands:
Nala98: Extremespeed, Dragobreath, Razor Wind
The_Missing_Link: Double Team, Metal Claw, Razor Wind

FIGHT!

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound... Talut strikes, well, faster than a speeding bullet anyways. With a metallic crunch, his hard carapace is smashed by his foe's full weight, even before he creates two faux images, complete with dented armor, to take his place.

A swirling mass of flames begins to form in Talut's even as all three Orions raise their sharp claws to strike in unison. A tornado of fire rips through one of them - the wrong one - as another red slash mark appears across the Dragonite's chest.

The second of Orion's images flickers faintly and quickly disappears in the fierce hurricane that follows. Neither foe is safe from its biting reach, but both simply grit their teeth and continue this assault, their mighty wings tiring at last.

Post-round stats:
Talut (Dragonite M): 26%, safeguarded (1 round), flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, fatigue (62%)
Orion (Scizor M): 40%, safeguarded (1 round), golden brown, extra crispy, armor dented, fatigue (49%)

The_Missing_Link
4th July 2003, 01:20 PM
Brilliant, Orion

Now, go in for a good slash. Then use a cut and finally use razor wind. Pretty simple plan

Slash~Cut~Razor Wind

If he tries any fire attacks on the first 2 actions, use swords dance or detect, your choice. If he tries double team on the first 2 turns, use swift instead

Wolfsong
4th July 2003, 07:04 PM
Ok, Talut, I want you to start with a double team to force Orion to use swift as his first move. Then agility behind Orion and give him a fire blast from behind.

Double Team ~ Agility ~ Fire Blast

Syberia
7th July 2003, 06:44 PM
ROUND 20 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
Talut (Dragonite M): 26%, safeguarded (1 round), flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, fatigue (62%)
Orion (Scizor M): 40%, safeguarded (1 round), golden brown, extra crispy, armor dented, fatigue (49%)

Commands:
Nala98: Double Team, Agility, Fire Blast
The_Missing_Link: Slash, Cut, Razor Wind

FIGHT!

Talut's clones are ripped to shreds by a volley of stars almost as soon as they are created, as still more points tear into his hide... he winces, but is glad that's all he has to face. He must be wary, though... it seems as if Orion is not going to fall for that sort of trick so easily.

As he raises his claw to leave another bloody mark on his foe's hide, that theory seems to go completely to waste. He strikes nothing but thin air as the dragon slips away, only to reveal his position a second later in a way that I'm sure Orion does not enjoy in the least. As he prepares for another hurricane gust, his back is roasted by another kanji of swirling embers... the wind helps to cool him slightly, but the damage has already been done.

Post-round stats:
Talut (Dragonite M): 12%, flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, fatigue (76%)
Orion (Scizor M): 15%, golden brown, extra crispy, armor dented, fatigue (59%)

Wolfsong
7th July 2003, 09:57 PM
Nice work Talut. I know you're gettign tired, and soon you can rest but for now let's get to work. I want you to hit him with extremespeed and as soon as you contact wrap him up tightly. Then finish up with a thunderpunch. No matter what happens, I'm proud of you.

Extremespeed ~ Wrap ~ Thunderpunch

The_Missing_Link
7th July 2003, 10:07 PM
This is it Orion. You did your best and I'm glad for that

Now, immediately agility out of the way. If you're quick enough, you might be able to escape most of it or maybe all of it. Then give him a point blank hyper beam. If that doesn't finish him off, then use a strong pursuit

Agility~Hyper Beam~Pursuit

Syberia
10th July 2003, 01:37 PM
ROUND 21 – Nala98 vs. The_Missing_Link

The combatants:
Talut (Dragonite M): 12%, flying, bleeding from chest and a many small cuts, fatigue (76%)
Orion (Scizor M): 15%, golden brown, extra crispy, armor dented, fatigue (59%)

Commands:
Nala98: Extremespeed, Wrap, Thunder Punch
The_Missing_Link: Agility, Hyper Beam, Persuit

FIGHT!

Talut swoops down, possibly for the last time. Orion is faster, though, flying quickly out of the way before he can strike. Just as his opponent doubles back, crushing him beneath his weight, he stops suddenly. A massive explosion tosses them both aside; Orion could not possibly escape his own finishing blast at that close range. When the dust settles, both of them lay still.

Post-round stats:
Talut (Dragonite M): KO'ed
Orion (Scizor M): KO'ed

The_Missing_Link
10th July 2003, 01:56 PM
*recalls Orion* Good job my friend

Now this is extremely tough since I have to call out my last Pokemon first and attack first also. I know who I could use though and he's very dependable. He's the exterminator of Charizards and Scizors

I call upon Apollo! (male Venusaur)

Edit: Really? I've been here for almost 2 years but I never knew O_o. Fortunately, my reffings have never ended in a double KO so I never needed to worry

Syberia
10th July 2003, 02:14 PM
*pokes TML* Uhh, no... if you post pokemon first, then you attack last. That's always been the way it is, and last time after a double-KO, I got yelled at for doing it another way. Anyways, even if you did post pokemon and attacks first, Amy would post her pokemon and then you would post your attacks.

It goes something like this, though:
TML posts her pokemon
Nala98 posts her pokemon and attacks
TML attacks

Sorry for the confusion.

Wolfsong
10th July 2003, 10:40 PM
Nice job Talut. You did your best and I'm proud of you. *returns* Ok, I choose one of my newer pokes and this will be her first battle with me, but I'm sure she will do a great job. I choose Serenity my female togetic. Ok, Serenity, I want you to start off with safeguard. Next i want you to try and charm your opponent to the best of your ability. If charm is successful then finish the round with a double team. Otherwise use psychic.

Safeguard ~ Charm ~ Double Team/Psychic

The_Missing_Link
11th July 2003, 02:59 PM
This should be fun Apollo. First off, use a take down to to pin Serenity down. If she's pinned down, use headbutt. If she's automatically in the air the first action, use razor wind then flash. Finally, use sweet scent to distract her from using the attacks

Take Down/Razor Wind~Headbutt/Flash~Sweet Scent

Charizard04621
15th July 2003, 06:45 PM
Er, sub reffage...ness?

Pre-battle:

Anticipation builds up further after the excitement of the previous round. These will be the final two battlers... Who will come out? The audience takes a deep breath as the pokéballs bounce on the ground, bursting open and shooting forth blinding light...

On one side, a great Venusaur emerges, worthy warrior and trusted companion of his trainer. He's had his share of tough battles, and he's not about to let his trainer down in this one, not when the stakes are so high.

A soft cry of excitement draws attention to the opposing pokémon, a gentle Togetic who smiles and waves at members of the audience. Her little fairy wings shine under the light.

Serenity: 100%, fatigue(0%)
Apollo: 100%, fatigue(0%)

Round 22

While Serenity concentrates on shielding herself in a protective aura, Apollo approaches from behind... Just when the Togetic is ready, and she looks up to find her opponent, she feels a sharp blow to her back, and she finds herself thrown to the ground, crushed under the weight of the Venusaur on top of her! She lets out a startled cry, but she cannot struggle free. Apollo is way too heavy.

Both pokémon face some problems. From her position, Serenity cannot even hope to make eye contact with her opponent, let alone try to throw him off guard with her cuteness. She doesn't look cute right now, anyway. She just looks hurt. And flat. Apollo can't really do what he's supposed to, either... Serenity is under him, with her head sticking out from under his side, and he can't get to her properly. So, instead, his body glows, and, within seconds, blinding light fills the arena. Serenity shrieks, shutting her eyes before something worse happens...

A wonderful aroma causes the Togetic to awaken, and, though she is still in pain, she smiles. What a heavenly smell... Apollo, too, feels at ease. Serenity only half pays attention to what she's doing; the air smells too lovely for her to concentrate on much else. The Togetic manages to move Apollo further off her body a little, freeing her tiny wings, but that's about it... But it seems as if she doesn't care much.

Serenity: 82%, pinned, Safeguard active(2 actions), fatigue(9%)
Apollo: 92%, fatigue(11%)

Meh, poor Serenity got really bad luck this round...

The_Missing_Link
15th July 2003, 07:10 PM
Brilliant job Apollo. Now, lets ease up a bit and use safeguard. I want you off of her by then because I want you to use most of your vines to wrap her up tightly and slam her into the ground. If she uses double team or fly away by this time, you can get her anyway. Finally, use razor wind

Safeguard~Vine Whip~Razor Wind

If she tries any fire attacks on the 3rd action, use swords dance

Wolfsong
15th July 2003, 07:22 PM
Ok, Serenity, I want you to start out with an encore. Next, i want you to hit him with a fire blast, and finally finish up with a psychic. You can do it. I know you can. ^^

Encore ~ Fire Blast ~ Psychic

Charizard04621
16th July 2003, 12:08 AM
Serenity: 82%, pinned, Safeguard active(2 actions), fatigue(9%)
Apollo: 92%, fatigue(11%)

Round 23

Moving off Serenity slowly, still in a dreamlike state under the influence of the sweet odor in the air, Apollo conjures up a protective veil of his own, much like his opponent did before. The Togetic, intensely relieved that there is no more crushing weight that threatens to choke her, pushes herself upwards and smiles... She's got a plan. Silently, she tampers with Apollo's mind...

The Venusaur, totally unaware of the fact that he's wasting his time trying to set up his defensive aura again, continues to do so. He isn't the least bit puzzled that it doesn't seem to help one bit; a small amount of the narcotic scent lingers in the air, although most of it has been blown away by the wind. Serenity feels a little light-headed, but that doesn't stop her from exhaling a scorching kanji flame aimed directly for her unsuspecting opponent... Apollo shrieks, and the effects of the aroma completely wear off. He can't afford to be caught unaware again. Meanwhile, Serenity's aura falls...

Serenity sobers up and begins to telekinetically squeeze Apollo, trying her best to make him uncomfortable with crushing mental force... He counters with a sharp, piercing gust of wind that seems to explode in her face, and the Togetic staggers backwards, rubbing the cut on her cheek tenderly.

Serenity: 70%, fatigue(27%)
Apollo: 65%, Safeguard active(2 actions), fatigue(23%)

Wolfsong
16th July 2003, 12:31 AM
Excellent work Serenity. I knew you could do it. Now i want you to take to the air and use safeguard. Next, I want you to use swagger. Just make sure you are out of his immediate reach. Finally, I want you to finish off with another psychic.

Safeguard ~ Swagger ~ Psychic

The_Missing_Link
16th July 2003, 10:48 AM
Apollo, let's do some serious damage

Wrap her up tightly, bring her up and slam her down hard into the ground. Then crush her with a body slam, think only of that and don't focus on her face. Now of course, trying to pull you off with a psychic will be hard so mess up her concentration with a loud roar into her face. Next round, we want her confused with her orders next round

Vine Whip~Body Slam~Roar

Charizard04621
16th July 2003, 06:45 PM
Serenity: 70%, fatigue(27%)
Apollo: 65%, Safeguard active(2 actions), fatigue(23%)

Round 24

The delicate wings on Serenity's back flutter softly as she lifts off the ground, preparing another shield for herself... But she is rudely interrupted when Apollo's vines leap out to reach her, constrict her, and drag her down! She can only yelp softly in frightened pain as her captor bangs her head against the hard cement ground... The poor Togetic groans as Apollo unwraps his vines and lets her loose.

Before Serenity can even get up properly, a shadow looms overhead, and this time she is squashed directly under him... There is only a small opening left where any air at all can come in, but Serenity has more than a terribly difficult time trying to breathe... Her lungs feel as if they do not exist... And a bone or two may have snapped or been dislodged. There's no way she can even move underneath the massive Venusaur. It's only a matter of time... Meanwhile, Apollo's aura fades, unnoticed.

And then Serenity, poor, naïve Serenity, is introduced to a world of terror and fear. The... monster... on top of her begins to bellow ferociously at the top of his lungs, and, although Serenity wants very much to get the heck out of the way and hide from the beast, she can't. He has her trapped. The poor Togetic, frozen in horror, feels her little heart beating frantically against her chest. She begins to feel dizzy... The lack of air does not help her condition... She probes frantically at Apollo with her mind, but she remains reluctant and unable to do much... Just in case the huge, nasty monster decides to do something worse to her if she irritates him.

Serenity: 39%, pinned, choking, terrified, battered, fatigue(39%)
Apollo: 60%, fatigue(39%)

Erm... Uh... Poor Serenity? O_o;;;

The_Missing_Link
16th July 2003, 07:58 PM
How do you make those 2 dots above the 'i'? I never learned how to do that

Apollo is a great battler, but certainly not a monster O-o He's like a bad @$$ teddy bear ^^;

Alright Apollo, we don't want to kill the poor girl so shift off of her but use your vines to wrap her up tightly and slam her down into the ground again (use them all if she tries a double team or flies up into the air). Then use a razor wind and finally use light screen to defend against the fire attacks

Vine Whip~Razor Wind~Light Screen

Wolfsong
16th July 2003, 09:31 PM
Ouch Serenity. Sorry about that. Anyways, I want you to start out with a fire blast. Next i want you to use defense curl and rollout of the way away.

Fire Blast ~ Defense Curl ~ Rollout away

Charizard04621
17th July 2003, 01:56 AM
Rebecca - From Serenity's point of view he's a monster. ^_^ I'd think so, too, if I was stuck under all his weight and suddenly he started scaring the living daylights out of me when he roars. I know what you mean, though. Hehe. I was even expecting that reaction. ^_^ Oh, btw, for ï, it's Alt+0239. L_X found it for me in his Character Map... My computer seems to have "disappeared" mine...

Urgh... What am I doing up this late?

Serenity: 39%, pinned, choking, terrified, battered, fatigue(39%)
Apollo: 60%, fatigue(39%)

Round 25

Not wanting to choke his opponent to death, Apollo moves off of her... As if trapped in a recurring nightmare, Serenity feels his vines wrapping around her body, knows what will happen next... Somehow she manages to struggle to her feet and pay the Venusaur back for all her pain with a formation of searing flame...

Serenity squeals as Apollo's piercing wind bruises her skin, and, wishing to avoid further pain, rolls up tightly into a ball... Hopefully she will be safe in this position.

While Apollo prepares a shield for an attack that never comes, Serenity rolls around the arena, trying to keep as far away from her opponent as possible... Apollo, seeing that his protective barrier is unnecessary, allows it to fall.

Serenity: 17%, battered, Stage 1 Rollout, fatigue(54%)
Apollo: 39%, fatigue(54%)

Wolfsong
18th July 2003, 01:16 AM
Ok, Serenity, No matter what happens I'm proud of you. We're not out of this yet. I want you to use that added speed from the rollout to help you get into the air and then i want you to get as high as you can, and hopefully safely out of reach. Then I want you to use future sight, and finish by throwing Apollo a present.

Get as high into the air as you can ~ Future Sight ~ Present

The_Missing_Link
18th July 2003, 10:52 AM
This might be a stretch Apollo but I want you to use all of your vines to get Serenity as fast as you can and slam her into the ground. If she's still on the ground, keep her tied up but go in for a skull bash. If that doesn't do the job, then finish her off with a body slam. If she got up into the air and you can't reach her with your vines, then use razor wind x2

Vine Whip~Skull Bash/Razor Wind~Body Slam/Razor Wind

Good luck, my friend. I know you'll do me proud

Charizard04621
18th July 2003, 02:34 PM
Serenity: 17%, battered, Stage 1 Rollout, fatigue(54%)
Apollo: 39%, fatigue(54%)

Round 26

Apollo draws out his vines, waiting for Serenity to emerge... But she rolls far away from him, too quickly for him to follow, and lifts herself into the air with considerable effort. The Venusaur's vines lash out at her and miss slightly; no problem. Apollo has other ways of reaching his target.

While Serenity calls for psionic aid that does not come in time, Apollo blasts her twice with piercing wind... She cries out as cuts erupt in her skin, then falls to the ground carrying the unused package in her hand... All becomes blackness...

Serenity: KOed
Apollo: Victorious

The final battler has fallen! Apollo and T_M_L win the match!

Congrats to all of you for a battle well fought.

The_Missing_Link
18th July 2003, 02:42 PM
*pumps fists* Yes, my first completed battle in ages. Thanks for a great battle Amy. This was really fun, long but fun nonetheless. And thanks for sub-reffing Karin. I'm sure Kyle wouldn't have cared if you finished this for him ^^

Fantastic job Apollo. Now we can add a Togetic onto your victims list ^^

*recalls*

For my win, I'm going to capture a Sneasel *spots one in the corner and throws a ball* *watches it fly back into her hand*

Wolfsong
18th July 2003, 02:55 PM
Congrats. This was one of my more interesting battles. Maybe we can have another rematch in the future sometime. ^^

Syberia
26th July 2003, 07:51 PM
I go to Hawaii and what do I get? Less work :P