PDA

View Full Version : Household Objects That Disappear and Reappear

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 06:26 AM
Maybe this should be a Mt Moon thread. I don't know. But since Mt Moon was created Misc has been somewhat slower, so this is to make some activities here.

I have a heater. It appears every winter and is plugged into the gas and stuff. Then it disappears every summer. I live in a small house of about 7 rooms. I have no idea where my dad keeps it.

It makes me wonder...

What household items appear or disappear without you realizing?

Heald
11th November 2009, 06:44 AM
I've been trying to find my nail scissors for fucking weeks now. I KNOW that they're in this very room...I just can't find them ;_;

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 06:48 AM
GASP! Same thing happened to my eyebrow tweezers.

If they grow any more I'll need to get the lawn mower out on them :\

Gavin Luper
11th November 2009, 07:05 AM
GASP! Same thing happened to my eyebrow tweezers.

If they grow any more I'll need to get the lawn mower out on them :\

So the rumours are true ... you are meant to pluck your eyebrows then? I tried to get rid of my Italian monobrow with my razor while I was shaving. MISTAKE.

I frequently lose cords and plugs for various things (computer, iRiver, etc) but they always turn up in the last place I look for them, which is usually where they're MEANT to be, but I get used to them being strewn somewhere across the room.

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 07:07 AM
OMG NEVER SHAVE YOUR EYEBROWS.

Pluck. You are always meant to pluck. Being a wog means you are naturally gifted at growing eyebrows and all sorts of other hair. Plucking and shaving is awesome

Gavin Luper
11th November 2009, 07:08 AM
But plucking seems so girly and stuff.

Why can't monobrows just come into season or something?

Andrew
11th November 2009, 07:11 AM
I was just so excited to see "household objects that" on the homepage I thought it finished it "look like people" that I clicked ASAP.

Then I got here and I'm not that impressed.

Heald
11th November 2009, 07:12 AM
By the way, for Italian it is wop. Wog means a black man, or to some colonial Englanders, an Indian man.

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 07:13 AM
Oh my goodness, best thread ever.

I think you should make a thread like that.

Gavin ~ I wish that bushy eyebrows would make a comeback. But i guess to make a comeback they would have had to be "in" in the first place

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 07:16 AM
By the way, for Italian it is wop. Wog means a black man, or to some colonial Englanders, an Indian man.

Not in Australia.

England = Wog = Golliwog

Australia = Wog = Western Oriental Gentleman (or some shiet like that) = Italian / Maltese / Greek / Spanish = Anything mediterranian really.

Heald
11th November 2009, 07:18 AM
Ah. See I've noticed you Australians using it, and was thinking 'Sorry, what?'. It's quite a racist word over here.

Thong is another word that has two completely different meanings depending if your British or Australian.

But then again not as bad as fag, depending if you're British or American.

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 07:20 AM
Ah yeah. Sorry if anyone gets/got offended! It's amazing at the differences really. I remember being in england in like, 04, and I dropped something and was like "OH BUGGER!" and my great aunty Rose was like "Oh my goodness! :o"

^____^ tee hee hee.

I always lose my phone charger.

But hardly ever lose my car keys. I like that

Heald
11th November 2009, 07:23 AM
I tend to be quite organised. I don't have OCD, but it irritates the shitting hell out of me when I am missing something, especially if it's part of a set (say a sock, the tweesers from my pen-knife, a card from a deck of 52 cards etc). If I ever find those scissors, I'll be a very happy man.

Wow, my life has become depressingly middle-class.

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 07:32 AM
Lawls. Keep drinking, you might forget what you've become for a short while :D

Gavin Luper
11th November 2009, 07:49 AM
Lawls. Keep drinking, you might forget what you've become for a short while :D

I so want to sig that but the quote I've got by Brian is quite hard to beat...

Heald: Wog is kinda semi-racist but often used kind of affectionately in Australia. My nickname among my highschool mates was 'wog', for instance, and loads of (younger) Italians would freely call themselves wogs. Older ones don't, though; it was used as a racist slur in their day.

Fag can still mean cigarette in Aust. too, but it's becoming less and less common I think, due to Americanisation.

PancaKe
11th November 2009, 07:52 AM
I've never called a cigarette a fag. Although I do remember the day when those lolly cigarettes were called fags. LOL. now they are called Fads

Gavin Luper
11th November 2009, 07:56 AM
And they took the little red tips off the end so they look less like smokes. Oh, political correctness, how we do love you!

Crazy Elf Boy
11th November 2009, 07:59 AM
There is a friggin USB that i can never find when I need it. Also those fads were awesome.

Houndoom_Lover
11th November 2009, 03:31 PM
:0 I can never find my hair brush until the last possible moment.

But on the bushy eyebrow note, last night, on an informercal, they were talking about "Now you too can have full lushes eyebrows!"

So maybe they are! ^_^

Blademaster
11th November 2009, 03:35 PM
I haven't been able to find my Atari 2600 since I moved. :(

Ayeun
12th November 2009, 04:42 PM
Bobby pins... I know I have a box of them around here SOMEWHERE...

Telume
12th November 2009, 06:55 PM
My fucking phone charger GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had a charged cellphone for 3 DAYS

:mad:

Houndoom_Lover
12th November 2009, 07:12 PM
Fuck, I lost my celliphone :0 At the start of this week.

EPIC FAIL.

Drago
12th November 2009, 08:07 PM
A little bit frighteningly, I often lose my keys. And I never think to look for them until I need them, obviously. So either I can't get into the house, or I can't lock the house up. I really wish I wouldn't lose my keys. :(

Telume
12th November 2009, 08:11 PM
^

So THOSE were the keys I found while I was walking the other day!

Here you go Drago *gives back keys*

PancaKe
16th November 2009, 05:10 PM
I found my tweezers! :D They were in a bart simpson cup underneath my sink... I think my Dad put them there after he accidently flooded our bathroom :D

Ayeun
16th November 2009, 07:06 PM
And yet, I still can't find my bobby pins... :(

Houndoom_Lover
16th November 2009, 07:43 PM
:L My Mom found my phone somewhere. I'm pretty sure I had it at my Grandparent's and that I tossed it into my bag before we left for the train.

Some sorta crazy worm hole up in my belongings.

midnightangel
17th November 2009, 12:07 PM
I've lost quite a few things over time, then found them later: keys, a cup, my glasses, the kitchen scissors, spare change just to name a few items.

One thing I tore up the apartment looking for was the cell phone charger. My battery was almost drained the day I was looking for it. Even if I couldn't charge it at home, then I'd charge the phone at work.
What was funny is when I found the charger, I then lost the phone in my room. :P
Since I always leave the cell phone on. I had to use the land line to call my number, then listen for the sounds of "Margaritaville" playing from the cell phone. (it was under the bed)

My victory didn't last though. I forgot and left my cell phone at home that night. :P

Crystalmaster Mike
17th November 2009, 03:07 PM
I took up the habit of sleeping with a notebook under my pillow, since anyone can vouch that the most creative ideas come when you can let your mind wander, for instance just before falling asleep.

So, a nice idea to start with, but having a notebook is nothing without a pen. And it's just those pesky little things that get the habit of slipping through the pages and dropping under my mattress. Add the fact that I sleep on the top most of 2 beds stacked on top of each other, and it's anyone guess where the little bugger has bounced off to...

Kyuuketsuki
11th December 2009, 06:00 PM
Practically everything I own appears and disappears as it pleases, mainly because my mom decides to organise my stuff, my sister decides to use them, or my grandma decides to throw them out...

My family is too full of females...