PDA

View Full Version : Is this a decent DS collection?

Link
11th November 2009, 09:14 PM
Sega Superstar Tennis
Phantom Hourglass
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Party
Yoshi's Island
Chrono Trigger
Children of mana
Wario: Master of Disguise
Bowser's Inside Story
Mario kart
Contra 4
Big Brain Academy
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Pearl
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games
Metroid Prime Pinball
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Final Fantasy 3
Super Princess Peach
Simpsons: The game
Ghostbusters

Drago
11th November 2009, 11:15 PM
In what context? As in, you can buy this lot of games from someone? Or this is your collection and you're looking for more?

My first thought; this list could definitely benefit from Advance Wars.

Roy Karrde
11th November 2009, 11:20 PM
It has Ghostbusters so I whole heartedly support it.

Really it seems like a good mix between genres which is always good incase you get bored with a certain type of game. Maybe try out Advanced Wars or Kingdom Hearts when you get the chance.

Blademaster
12th November 2009, 01:25 AM
You ask, and I answer.

Sega Superstar Tennis
No.

Phantom Hourglass
Not a personal favorite, but very decent indeed.

Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Party
Borderline decent, provided you got them for a good price...?

Yoshi's Island
...Yoshi's Island DS...?

.....I.... Well.... Oh dear....

...Moving on!

Chrono Trigger
Children of mana
Yes. Far more than decent in the first case.

Wario: Master of Disguise
Bowser's Inside Story
Haven't had a chance to play yet, sadly, but I want to. So, obviously decent.

Mario kart
Decent, again for a good price.

Contra 4
More than decent; if you've beaten this game on Normal or Hard, I will revere every Heracross I meet as a god from now on.

Big Brain Academy
Nay.

New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Pearl
All good, but why have Pearl AND Platinum now? Transfer all your Pokemon to one and sell the other for an easy $20.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games
Metroid Prime Pinball
Nah.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Decent on its own, far better if you've played Dawn of Sorrow as well.

Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Sadly, no.

Final Fantasy 3
Super Princess Peach
More of the 'good-if-it-was-cheap' stuff.

Simpsons: The game
Ghostbusters
Watered-down ports, so I don't think so.

All in all, a pretty good list. Very expansive, yes? Very nice, very varied. If I may, I highly recommend giving The World Ends With You a playthrough, and Scribblenauts deserves at least a rent to play around with. It's an amazing concept, even if it can be a bit fickle to work with. Also, if you like Castlevania, Portrait of Ruin is worth playing, and Order of Ecclesia is a must-play if you like ball-shattering difficulty and huge boss battles.

Master Rudy
12th November 2009, 07:22 AM
Also don't forget that if your rocking an original DS or a DS Lite that you have backwards compatability with the GBA. Plenty of good games on that as well. Look for both Golden Sun games, FF5, FF6 and the Mega Man Zero series. The first four can occasionally be hard to find. Even now I see FF6 easily go for $25 used at Gamestop when it shows up. Even so it's money well spent since FF6 is widely regarded as the best old school FF.

In the case of MMZ you should be able to get that whole series at Gamestop for about $30 ($27 with an Edge card). All things considered that's a damn good price when you consider how rare any of the MM Collection packs are. I've seen the classic series a few times, MMX once and I've never seen the comp pack for the Game Boy games. If you like old school style games/action the four MMZ games are a great choice for the price ^_~

Link
12th November 2009, 08:05 AM
Blademaster, I bought 4 of these games from a very close friend, so consider that what he sold them to me as reflects what they would be sold in stores now. I plan to get some more games such as Golden Sun, Final fantasy 4, and Meteos, as well as the games for the DS you mentioned before. My collection could use some more games, I know, and I plan on getting more games in the future. :)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
12th November 2009, 10:59 AM
A decent collection ... well except Ghostbusters. I'd add a Phoenix Wright game to it if I were you.

Clark
12th November 2009, 11:51 AM
toss in scribblenauts and custom robo arena, and you'll be set. rest of my collection is japanese so you are on your own.

PNT510
12th November 2009, 03:41 PM
The lack of Hotel Dusk in your collection saddens me, other wise it's very nice.

Link
12th November 2009, 10:22 PM
Ok, so I lost my Super Mario DS somewhere (who know where) and I bought Dragon Quest IV and V, Meteos, and Final fantasy IV. Do those games now make it a better collection or not?

Blademaster
12th November 2009, 11:19 PM
Slightly. But if you wanna regain the pure mascot power SM64DS gave you, you'd better find it and fast. That, or get a new mascot ASAP. Sonic Rush is a nice choice for the latter.

Master Rudy
13th November 2009, 01:59 AM
Ok, so I lost my Super Mario DS somewhere (who know where) and I bought Dragon Quest IV and V, Meteos, and Final fantasy IV. Do those games now make it a better collection or not?

Hera do be aware that these kinds of subjects can be extremely subjective with certain people. One person could suggest to you RPG's and another could suggest side scrollers. Everyone has their preference. Now granted you'll always have a few games everyone can agree on for the most part. However in the end what sucks for one person can be an absolute gem to another.

Best suggestion I can give at this point is spend $15 at Gamestop and get yourself an Edge card. When you use it to buy used games you'll get a 10% discount. When you trade them games you'll get an extra 10% worth of store credit to use. Now I know some people hate buying used. However for the most part it's not too bad nowadays. Just always remember to keep your receipts in case of a problem with the game. In the case of Gamestop if you buy a game you absolutely don't like and return it within a day or two along with a receipt you'll get a full refund onto your Edge card ^_~

Link
13th November 2009, 09:34 AM
Yeah, some games people say are difficult and one person or a few of them might find it a much easier game than them. This guy at work says that Final Fantasy IV for the DS was hard in one spot and that he couldn't get past it, but that to me would just be easy if he used a guide or an FAQ somewhere. Thanks for the advice! I may just get that Edge card at Gamestop this Sunday when I go in to get my New Super Mario Bros Wii that my dad pre-ordered for me over a month ago.