PDA

View Full Version : New Japanese title *spoiler*

Zak
13th December 2002, 01:26 PM
283(7): Treecko's Forest! Keep an Eye on the Big Tree!

Heh, I guess this is where Ash gets Treecko....

~Zak

Murgatroyd
13th December 2002, 01:48 PM
I would translate mamore as "protect" rather than "keep an eye on".

Kasumi Chan
13th December 2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Zak
283(7): Treecko's Forest! Keep an Eye on the Big Tree!

Heh, I guess this is where Ash gets Treecko....

It seems so and I hope so. ^^
Thanks for the info Zak ;)
BTW, anyone knows the name of next week's episode, when Haruka seems to have a battle against a boy dressed as a Mudkip?

Chris 2.1
14th December 2002, 12:15 PM
nice job finding this Zak. This reminds me of the Tree Heracross used to live in. Maybe it means Treecko is protecting some weaker Pokemon from something else? this sounds cool.

RedStarWarrior
14th December 2002, 12:52 PM
Treecko is probably protecting the tree itself...not some weaker Pokémon. Keep the info coming, Zak!

AKA Pokemon Fan
14th December 2002, 01:58 PM
Lets see... who do we know who was once a protector... AIIIIIEEEE! Its Bulbasaur! They're using the Bulbasaur plotline!

Only this time the Grass type appears to be protecting a tree instead of a village of weak Pokemon.

I wonder if the writers are doing this as some kind of inside joke, since although the basic premise of a story may be similar the episodes contain plenty of unique aspects as well so the writer's haven't lost their creativity.

Chris 2.1
15th December 2002, 09:35 AM
maybe your right Pokemon fan. I suppose they are using old scripts, but one thing they didnt have is the rookie getting an Electric Pokemon as her starter;)

Crystal Vulpix
15th December 2002, 12:38 PM
Ash has many grass type pokemon: Bulbasaur, Bayleff and now- Treecko. Maybe grass will be his favorite type:rolleyes: ?

Chris 2.1
15th December 2002, 01:10 PM
maybe you're right CV. However, he also has three flying types (Pidgeot, Noctowl and Subame) so maybe he's just getting new generations of those specific types.

pokefreak04
15th December 2002, 02:34 PM
???? I thought Prof. Odomaki<however you spell it> gave him Treeko? And doesn't Brock get Mudkip from him too?
If not, then Ash will most likely get the Houen starters in the wild, like usual :rolleyes:

Chris 2.1
15th December 2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pokefreak04
???? I thought Prof. Odomaki<however you spell it> gave him Treeko? And doesn't Brock get Mudkip from him too?
If not, then Ash will most likely get the Houen starters in the wild, like usual :rolleyes:

i doubt it a lot. Just because Ash gets Treecko in the wild it doesn't mean he gets all three; imagine seeing two Mudkip or two Torchic in the anime...it would be too complicated. I think we can safely say Ash has been given 2 advance Pokemon; Subame and Treecko, and, together with Pikachu, will be on his team permenantly. the other three spaces will be fileld probably by Cyndaquil or Totodile, maybe giving them a chance to evolve.

Rei_Zero
16th December 2002, 12:43 AM
Hey, maybe he will get a feraligator, charizard, and jucain. Then he would have lookalike lizards/dragons/dinosaurs version of all three starters. That would be a very good pattern. Plus, we'll get a rby grass starter first stage, gsc grass starter second stage, and rs? grass starter third stage.

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th December 2002, 09:10 AM
I certainly hope so as Jucain and it's preevolution Juputol are my favorate Grass types.

No and no. Professor Odamaki only gives new trainers Starter Pokemon, that's why they're called Starters. Besides, Brock hadn't even returned yet when Haruka got Torchic.

If not, then Ash will most likely get the Houen starters in the wild, like usual
That won't happen this series. Thankfully they're doing things differently. All three Starters will join the group but each will go to a different trainer.

Brock_ag
16th December 2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by pokefreak04
I thought the same thing, but brock and ash both get them in the wild I guess. But I agree that this episode is like a remake of bulbasaur and the hidden villag, but this one sounds better.