PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Ham

Drago
12th November 2009, 08:40 PM
I'm going to Queensland tomorrow! Woo! Just headed up to the Gold Coast (much to Andrew's chagrin) so that my girlfriend and I can be all touristy and annoying. I'm hoping to come back with a whicked awesome tan, and perhaps even thousands of dollars richer. The latter is highly unlikely, but I'm sure there's a thin chance of it happening.

So this topic is about holiday-ing! Where did you last go on holiday? When did you do it? Did you love it? Hate it? Where's your next holiday gonna be to? etc.
Queensland ought to be a fair bit of fun, just trying to think back... I think my last trip was to Canada back in '04/'05. I used to go on holiday all the time. Doesn't really happen so much anymore. It was pretty sweet in Canada, chillin' with my mom for a couple months, but the main problem is that her place was pretty isolated from society, and I wasn't able to drive anywhere. Plus it was the middle of winter, so I wasn't really game enough to go walking too far. Shouldn't be a problem in Queensland, I think. :cool:

I don't know why the title ended up being holiday ham. It just kinda happened. (AND OOH LOOK, OLDSCHOOL POST ICONS!!)

Telume
12th November 2009, 08:48 PM
Booze and Holiday Ham, what could be better? I'm sure Heald will agree with me.

Although he'd probably just come for the Booze.

Anyway, when I was younger we went up to NY to spend the holidays with my grandma, we were going to do it last year for Thanksgiving (my uncle invited us) but sadly we couldn't and he passed away a few months later :(

shazza
12th November 2009, 09:51 PM
I haven't had a proper holiday since 2004, where I also went to the Gold Coast. Although I went with my daddy, it was pretty rockin. Went to Sea World, Dream World, Movie World and Surfers Paradise. Dream World was undoubtedly my favourite: the giant drop, tower of terror and the claw (it was the first week it was opened when I went) = fun times.

I hope you have an awesome time!

MToolen
12th November 2009, 10:51 PM
Excuse my Americanism, but is "holiday" referring to a general break around the new year or other times as well? Keeping in mind that it took me years to figure out what you guys meant by uni.

Well, I usually stay home for winter break. I don't really have much of a place to go to. I guess that, other than the aforementioned anti-global mindset, this was a pretty useless post. Oh well.

Master Rudy
12th November 2009, 11:04 PM
Excuse my Americanism, but is "holiday" referring to a general break around the new year or other times as well? Keeping in mind that it took me years to figure out what you guys meant by uni.

Well, I usually stay home for winter break. I don't really have much of a place to go to. I guess that, other than the aforementioned anti-global mindset, this was a pretty useless post. Oh well.

When they say holiday it's like us saying vacation. As for the Aussies isn't this time of year your summer?

For me I haven't really been on a decent vacation/break for years (at least not one where I didn't have a million problems gnawing at the back of my mind). Closest I've come was Otacon 2006......sad isn't it?

RedStarWarrior
13th November 2009, 06:13 AM
Well, my girlfriend-turned-fiance is down for Thanksgiving, so I'll probably be smooching her the whole tiime.

Telume
13th November 2009, 11:17 AM
^ Best christmas ever.