PDA

View Full Version : Choose Your Own Story Addition

Roy Karrde
12th November 2009, 09:51 PM
Hey I noticed Heald ( I believe ) brought this up in Fan Fic a while back and it got me thinking about the main site. The whole 'Choose Your Own Story/Path' is a some what easy thing to do and can be pretty popular with the right amount of work and some moderation. Basically you start off with a chapter, and let people write different continuations from it until it basically spreads out like a tree with many different branches. Problem is that it would cost space on the website and we would need to find the code for it. But it would be something that differentiates ourselves from everyone else.

Telume
13th November 2009, 11:08 AM
I don't get it, explain.

Kyuuketsuki
13th November 2009, 12:53 PM
That would be interesting

Telume, Example:

You walk out of your house, there are 3 roads which will you choose.

Basically, you choose one road and your story goes on depending on which one your chose, each chapter will have diffrent actions for you to take, so if 3 split into 3 and then each into 3, that would be... about 27... yeah... I guess that's it...

Telume
13th November 2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds interesting but how would we pull it off?

Roy Karrde
13th November 2009, 06:58 PM
I know of one that is very very well coded, I could contact him about the code, if not we can always look around other ones to see if they have "How to" features.

Houndoom_Lover
15th November 2009, 04:50 PM
Where would it go? I'm curious about it. I don't think I've ever seen something like that before! That be great if we can do it- or should I say when? :3 I'm sure we can get the proper coding, we have great tec people.

Jeff
15th November 2009, 10:07 PM
I'd like to see something like this in action before I can really pass judgment, but it could be interesting.

As long as I'm not the one coding it, I'm willing to give it a go. I kinda have enough things to code at the moment.

Roy Karrde
15th November 2009, 10:10 PM
Jeff I will send you a PM to one site that I discovered that uses it, just um... watch out as the site is pretty adult.