PDA

View Full Version : Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

Pages : 1 [2]

Master Rudy
2nd March 2011, 09:30 PM
...And the problem is...?

My point is that MMO's aren't like your typical games where you just launch the program, connect to the net and play it. You need an account to play said game. Doesn't matter if it's F2P or subscription based. Usually in the US this is a pretty simple matter. However laws are different from country to country. As DBO is a Korean game on Korean servers in order to play it you are subject to Korean law meaning that you need a Korean SSN in order to play it. By signing up with someone else's number you've just commited identity theft. Last time I checked I'm pretty sure that's illegal bro :P

Blademaster
3rd March 2011, 05:04 PM

Mystic_clown
3rd March 2011, 05:31 PM

Doing illegal things normally result in you going to prison.

Kuro Espeon
3rd March 2011, 06:42 PM
Doing illegal things normally result in you going to prison.

And you rarely hear good things about prison...

Bear
4th March 2011, 07:54 AM

except in that one episode of The Office!

Master Rudy
5th March 2011, 08:46 PM

Don't drop the soap......

P6P_sXbQtgc

Watch at about 1:25 and 4 minutes for examples of why you don't want to go to prison :P

Heald
22nd March 2011, 02:49 PM
Right, I think it'd help a bit if people post where the hell they stand at the moment.

Zaito has just given the Kwalis a hell of a beatdown, but now has to consider the developing situation between Van and Kura, does he step in and try to calm them both down, help Kura and beat down Van or are the Kwalis only merely warming up, not allowing him to attend more urgent matters? Who knows?

Blademaster
22nd March 2011, 05:35 PM
Basawe's in the HBTC with Shitagi, Retasu, and I dunno who the last person is.

Rothax is at his ship, about to send reinforcements to fight the enhanced SU Fighters (as I've nicknamed our ragtag bunch of heroes) along with the Kwalis.

Bear
23rd March 2011, 10:08 AM
Hammer is the fourth in the HTC

Blademaster
24th March 2011, 03:00 PM
OK, so, at the risk of sounding like a control freak, I gotta vote "No." when it comes to Shitagi using a Spirit Bomb, for several reasons.

First, as Rudy himself said, the Goddamn thing is too powerful. Yes, I am aware that a Spirit Bomb was used against Vegeta in his first appearance and it failed, but Rothax is far stronger than Vegeta, and the Spirit Bomb used against Vegeta lost a lot of its power when Goku was getting beaten up like a ragdoll anyway, so either the Earth wouldn't supply enough power to do much of anything, or the damn thing would have to be made so strong that the atmosphere-vaporizing meteor-impact one in Tree of Might would have to be used, and I don't think I trust the inexperienced Shitagi with enough power to potentially blow up the planet several times.

Second, if I may be sentimental, the Spirit Bomb has, to me, always sort of been a special thing that only a select few could do. I mean the only ones capable of using it in DBZ were the guy who created it (who was basically God until the Buu saga) and the hero. It's not like the Kamehameha which everybody and their pet prehistoric bubblegum demon could do by series-end. I think it should stay Goku's.

And third, and perhaps most vital, is that the move is Basawe's. What Shitagi is holding is not a Spirit Bomb... In execution, it's similar, but he's not truly holding a Spirit Bomb. He's holding a condensed Basawe Boost, basically. Which means that if Shitagi can do it, then Basawe can, as well. This leads to a pair of problems:

1. While I can't judge Shitagi, I myself know that Basawe's heart is very conflicted. DBZ has clearly established that only those with a pure heart can use the Spirit Bomb effectively.

2. Basawe's Boost, unlike the Spirit Bomb, is something that we've already seen can easily be taught.

The end result is that we're going to either wind up with multiple characters learning the Spirit Bomb and dominating Rothax's forces, or (more likely) multiple characters learning the Spirit Bomb and getting themselves and/or the Earth destroyed because they can't use it properly.

Master Rudy
24th March 2011, 09:24 PM
OK, so, at the risk of sounding like a control freak, I gotta vote "No." when it comes to Shitagi using a Spirit Bomb, for several reasons.

First, as Rudy himself said, the Goddamn thing is too powerful. Yes, I am aware that a Spirit Bomb was used against Vegeta in his first appearance and it failed, but Rothax is far stronger than Vegeta, and the Spirit Bomb used against Vegeta lost a lot of its power when Goku was getting beaten up like a ragdoll anyway, so either the Earth wouldn't supply enough power to do much of anything, or the damn thing would have to be made so strong that the atmosphere-vaporizing meteor-impact one in Tree of Might would have to be used, and I don't think I trust the inexperienced Shitagi with enough power to potentially blow up the planet several times.

Second, if I may be sentimental, the Spirit Bomb has, to me, always sort of been a special thing that only a select few could do. I mean the only ones capable of using it in DBZ were the guy who created it (who was basically God until the Buu saga) and the hero. It's not like the Kamehameha which everybody and their pet prehistoric bubblegum demon could do by series-end. I think it should stay Goku's.

And third, and perhaps most vital, is that the move is Basawe's. What Shitagi is holding is not a Spirit Bomb... In execution, it's similar, but he's not truly holding a Spirit Bomb. He's holding a condensed Basawe Boost, basically. Which means that if Shitagi can do it, then Basawe can, as well. This leads to a pair of problems:

1. While I can't judge Shitagi, I myself know that Basawe's heart is very conflicted. DBZ has clearly established that only those with a pure heart can use the Spirit Bomb effectively.

2. Basawe's Boost, unlike the Spirit Bomb, is something that we've already seen can easily be taught.

The end result is that we're going to either wind up with multiple characters learning the Spirit Bomb and dominating Rothax's forces, or (more likely) multiple characters learning the Spirit Bomb and getting themselves and/or the Earth destroyed because they can't use it properly.

Well that's the whole reason why I left it open ended at the end. Since it's a "Spirit Bomb" powered by other means there could be a whole slew of problems with this one that could show how impractical it truely is:

-Takes too damn long to charge: just like the real one. It usually took Goku multiple episodes to power the thing up.

-It can't finish the enemy off. Goku used it three times in the whole series with the first two times being very dire situations where it didn't do the job. The only time this skill actually worked was against Kid Buu. Many fans agree this is because Buu was pure evil and didn't have the free will required to be anything but that. Despite Vegeta insisting otherwise we obviously know he wasn't purely evil. As for Frieza sure he's evil. However unlike Buu he has free will. That alone gave Frieza the ability to reform.....not that he ever would mind you. However it's the best and most accepted theroy as to why the final Spirit Bomb was so effective against Buu since it's supose to be a skill that absolutely destroys evil beings.

-This is an unperfected skill. The real Spirit Bomb itself tends to cause untold amounts of collateral damage. An unperfected one could have the potential to be far more damaging to the Earth than the real thing.

I can keep going but I think those three problems right there would be enough to ensure that this isn't going to be a very widely used skill. There could also be a few other potential problems that I never even thought of in character. Damage to others as it draws energy from everything, a potential shortening of the user's natural lifespan similar to the Tri-Beam, ect. Granted Shitagi may be a decendant of the Briefs family and a genius but those two things don't mean he's always right :P

And finally as I said before it's not like I had this idea out of the blue. The groundwork was set down in one of your own posts Blade and it's been in the back of my mind as a story idea for a very long time:

"There's not much latent energy here aside from that energy ball, Shitagi. You managed to absorb its small amount of power and multiply it. Imagine how strong you'll be once you're outside this Chamber, surrounded by energy from the Sun, the planet itself, and every force acting on it."

Shitagi had to stop to take that in.

"It's like a cost-effective personal Spirit Bomb..." he muttered, closing his fist.

"What?"

He looked up.

"Oh, uh, nothing. Just thinking about something my grandpa told me when I was younger... So that's how your Boost works? You absorb power from around you instead of forcing it to the forefront of your body?"

Anyway there you go. That's my reasoning for that post as well as reasons why this can potentially not work. My actual post as well as your own should show why this could work. In the end I say let's agree to disagree on this matter and wait for Heald to say something. Regardless on if he says this is very similar to/actually is the real deal or a dangerous imitation there's plenty of reasons why it won't see widespread use (charge time/being defenseless being the big ones)

Blademaster
26th March 2011, 12:27 AM
[color=forestgreen]Many fans agree this is because Buu was pure evil and didn't have the free will required to be anything but that. Despite Vegeta insisting otherwise we obviously know he wasn't purely evil. As for Frieza sure he's evil. However unlike Buu he has free will. That alone gave Frieza the ability to reform.....not that he ever would mind you. However it's the best and most accepted theroy as to why the final Spirit Bomb was so effective against Buu since it's supose to be a skill that absolutely destroys evil beings.

Not to get on an off-topic tangent, but I think the reasoning I prefer is that Vegeta had kicked the shit out of Goku and caused him to lose a lot of the energy he'd absorbed. And he wasn't absorbing power from people -- only animals and plants. So the Spirit Bomb was pretty weak to start with.

Frieza's bomb didn't get weakened, but it only absorbed energy from the Namekian star system. Namek was dying, and the other planets weren't exactly crawling with sapient life. Add to that that Frieza was using less than half of his full power AND that even at that level he outclassed his strongest henchmen by anywhere between 10 and 100 times, and it's clear how he could survive: Goku always goes on about how the Bomb is 'not ready,' so he's obviously gauging how strong it has to be according to his enemy's power. With Frieza, he simply undershot it.

Buu, however, was hit with everything. Every human on Earth (average power level of 5 times 6 billion people equals HOLY FUCK THAT IS STRONG), every other living thing on Earth, probably every living thing on the Kai planet and maybe New Namek, and the power of all the other Z fighters who, for once, weren't dead when the Bomb needed charging. Piccolo, with a power level in the tens/hundreds of millions. Goten, Trunks, Tien, Krillin, Yamcha... oh, and the resurrected ULTIMATE GOHAN WHO WAS STRONGER THAN BUU HIMSELF.

And even then, Buu was strong enough to push back the Spirit Bomb. Something not even Frieza could do. I doubt he'd die to it just because he was pure unrelenting evil. He died to it because for the first and only time in DBZ, it was truly strong enough to do what it was supposed to, and even then, Goku needed to be recharged in order to actually outmuscle Buu in the end. Even at full Super Saiyan power, Buu STILL briefly stopped it in its tracks before Goku managed to overtake him and detonate it (which is still one of the best Goddamn moments in DBZ).

Did I just type that?

Fucking Heald better get here quick or there's gonna be more of this... ugh...

Master of Paradox
28th March 2011, 07:31 AM
Van is currently in the depths of K-Trance, locked in battle with Kura and not entirely aware of his surroundings.

Heald
30th March 2011, 12:33 PM
Well Bear posted a pretty good explanation in his post and frankly I don't particularly have a problem with it at this moment in time. Next time you want to use it, can you clear it with me with the context first? Thanks.

Master Rudy
30th March 2011, 02:49 PM
Well Bear posted a pretty good explanation in his post and frankly I don't particularly have a problem with it at this moment in time. Next time you want to use it, can you clear it with me with the context first? Thanks.

No problem man. In fact I like the way that worked out actually.....learning the Boost could have given Shitagi the knowledge and general idea of how to do it. However in the end it essentially uses the same rules as an actual SB (not to mention it's already been covered that the Boost itself would be stronger outside the room :P)

Also sorry for not clearing that with you prior to the post. I've had the general idea for that post for the better part of a year and once the topic was made I was eager to get it on paper so to speak ^_^()

Bear
30th March 2011, 03:28 PM
And it allowed me to make Hammer look all super smert HRHRHRHRHRHRHRH

srs though I think he said more words in that post than he will for the rest of the RPG combined XD

Bear
5th April 2011, 10:18 AM
I like how we all clamored to have this get restarted, then two posts and it dies. Classic.

Master Rudy
5th April 2011, 04:57 PM
Well I'm essentially waiting on Blade and Brandy......
*glares* :P

Gonna start poking at people in the coming days. Feel free to do the same bro ^_~

Blademaster
5th April 2011, 05:55 PM
Waiting for me to do what? I'm stuck in the Time Chamber.

...Well, I guess I have ONE idea... I'll need a bit of time to type it up, though.

Bear
6th April 2011, 08:18 AM
ROTHAX GETS PISSED AND DESTROYS THE UNIVERSE, THE END!

Blademaster
6th April 2011, 01:51 PM
Rothax isn't THAT strong, yo...

Hell, he's not even as strong as most of the Ginyu Force yet.

Bear
7th April 2011, 08:43 AM
our ancestors would be so proud...

Blademaster
7th April 2011, 04:27 PM
I said 'yet.'

Bear
8th April 2011, 08:15 AM
PS congrats on having enough posts to have the maximum number of balls (but still not be a mod) XD.

Just realized there's 7 too. Correlation with rpg?

Master Rudy
8th April 2011, 10:06 PM
PS congrats on having enough posts to have the maximum number of balls (but still not be a mod) XD.

Just realized there's 7 too. Correlation with rpg?

Wait a sec.....Blade has balls?
^_~

Anyway I've got a post forecoming this weekend. RPG is still in desperate need of something from the group outside the time chamber (as well as Brandy's character within the chamber)

Blademaster
9th April 2011, 07:28 PM
Wait a sec.....Blade has balls?
^_~

The emoticon at the end is just perfect. It's like tacking a picture of yourself in a gimp suit onto the end of your post.

Kuro Espeon
11th April 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm working on a post. @_@ I'm just at a bit of a loss on what to do other than add to the fight with Van. I don't want to just end it without MoP's input for at least one post, but I'll try to get something up in the next day or so. It might be short, but I'll get something posted, I promise.

Master of Paradox
11th April 2011, 09:41 PM
Said input incoming, though it will probably derail your plans.

Blademaster
11th April 2011, 09:50 PM
Paradox has something planned. Don't worry.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST.

Kuro Espeon
12th April 2011, 06:57 AM
Hmmm... no, actually this works a lot better. It gives me something to work with. *plots*

Master Rudy
12th April 2011, 09:04 PM
Ok....I just suddenly noticed a bit of a plot hole in regards to established Dragon Ball cannon but it's something we can work with. Twice now Basawe has used a POWER BALL in front of Shitagi. Shitagi HAS A TAIL.

Do we see what I'm getting at?

According to what's established Shitagi should have transformed into an Ozaru. However seeing that Earth has no moon and he's now looked at a Power Ball twice I'd like to propose this suggestion: if a Saiyan has less than 50% Saiyan blood then even if they have a tail they cannot transform into an Ozaru.

As for Retasu on the other hand who is still in that time chamber...... :lol:

Asilynne
12th April 2011, 09:24 PM
You actually may have given me an idea for a post Rudy lol

Blademaster
13th April 2011, 01:39 PM
I never noticed the mention of a tail in Shitagi's profile. I assumed that he, like Goten and Trunks, had his removed at birth, or perhaps didn't have one at all, like Pan... My mistake.

Fortunately, I've put enough unhealthily excessive thought into Basawe's character to clarify why Shitagi didn't change:

The Power Ball simply wasn't strong enough.

Remember, in order to become an Oozaru, a Saiyan has to not just look at a Moon/Power Ball; they have to look at it long enough to absorb 17 million units of Blutz energy. This can be done very quickly when a Moon is present or when the Power Ball's user is someone powerful/ someonewho transforms frequently, like Vegeta. In these cases, millions of units of energy are probably put out per second, allowing for a quick transformation that takes a couple of seconds at most to 'activate' (pupil dilation, increased heartbeat, etc.).

Basawe, however, is a weak Saiyan, who has never transformed into a true Oozaru and has only taken in Blutz energy as few as two times in his life (his first transformation on planet Ninjin, and this time in the HBTC). During his transformation in the Chamber, it took him a good 20 seconds to transform. Calculated, that means his Power Ball was barely putting out 850,000 Blutz waves per second.

tl;dr: Shitagi simply didn't look at it long enough to absorb the amount of energy required to bring on the change.

It's Saiyan Science, bitches! :science:

Asilynne
13th April 2011, 05:37 PM
Um, Rudy, in regards to your last post, Retasu made sure no one saw her access other areas of Gamma's programming, and only Elfs character even knew Gamma had the ability to track dragonballs. Retasu didn't even know for sure until she went looking specifically for a program that could do that. She only suspected for awhile he had that ability after observing the fact that he moved with a sense of purpose towards a possible dragonball, and that was after Shitagi and the others had already headed off towards Capsule Corp to pick up their dragon radar. So Shitagi 'somehow' knowing exactly what Retasu did without having been a part of observing anything that could have led him to that conclusion is sorta meta-gaming.

HOWEVER I can work with it, so don't bother changing it. Just prepare for Shitagi to be very embarrassed :P

Master Rudy
13th April 2011, 06:57 PM
Meta-gaming isn't my goal here. That being said even when I made the original post way back in the original RPG I figured that with enough time and pieces of the puzzle put together that someone in the Briefs family would put two and two together and get a sense of what Retasu was doing (especially considering they'd have the most knowledge of the Dragon Radar and the tech behind it). Admittedly perhaps I pushed with it a bit too aggresively. However after months of nothing I'm trying to do what I can to get plot threads active and moving so that folks have a reason to post.

If you can work with it they I'll leave it as it. However in the future I'll try not to put out too much control.

Bear
13th April 2011, 09:52 PM
she dropped the F bomb!

Blademaster
14th April 2011, 07:39 PM
Welp, I'm bored. I think it's time to make things a bit more interesting.

Kuro Espeon
14th April 2011, 10:32 PM
Damn, you posted just before I did, lol. Oh well, I didn't really have to change anything. POSTING POWER!

Blademaster
14th April 2011, 11:14 PM
Just a quick FYI:

The Kwalis' resilience, incidentally, is a result of Paradox being too lazy to edit his post after I told him Kamo was pretty much dead. Didn't wanna take Heald's victory away from him or anything (Even though he's never fucking here anyway.), so I'm just clarifying that in case anybody is wondering how Kamo is fighting with three broken limbs and a snapped NECK.

Heald
15th April 2011, 01:31 AM
Well this looks like a good enough time for Zaito to interfere (and a good opportunity for me to move the story along). I gotta go to work but I'll try to knock out a post when I get home, or at some point over the weekend.

Kuro Espeon
15th April 2011, 06:30 AM
Just a quick FYI:

The Kwalis' resilience, incidentally, is a result of Paradox being too lazy to edit his post after I told him Kamo was pretty much dead. Didn't wanna take Heald's victory away from him or anything (Even though he's never fucking here anyway.), so I'm just clarifying that in case anybody is wondering how Kamo is fighting with three broken limbs and a snapped NECK.

Oh shit... Hmmm...need me to edit my post? I don't mind.

Blademaster
15th April 2011, 09:26 AM
If you'd like.

Kuro Espeon
15th April 2011, 11:57 PM
Fixed. There's only one Kwali now, lol. Sorry about that, it had been so long since I had read Zaito's fight with Kamo (back in the old thread) that I forgot how badly he had been trashed. So I just went with MoP's post, lol. But anyway, it should be more accurate now.

Blademaster
16th April 2011, 10:15 AM
Aaaaaand the Kwalis are done for. Kados is not gonna last long, which means Blaque and Whyte are TOTALLY fucked (I never liked them, anyway.)... Do as you wish with them all. Have kados get pounded, Victoria engage Rothax, the rest of Rothax's soldiers (all 3 of them) show up... Go nuts.

However, nobody gets to beat up Chita yet. Her power level isn't the only thing that separates her from the rest of Rothax's grunts; she also has extensively trained in what could be surmised as a reverse Hyperbolic Time Chamber, which is why she appears facially aged: Basically, she trained in an environment for many years where everything seemed to be stuck in perpetual fast-forward, before returning to a normal time dilation. The result of this is not so much super-speed, but rather when she concentrates, everything around her seems to slow to a crawl. Put even more simply, Chita wins her fights by turning them all into quick-time events and reacting appropriately.

Heald
16th April 2011, 10:18 AM
You're also forgetting Shimuto, who I have something rather interesting lined up for.

Asilynne
16th April 2011, 10:56 AM
*rubs forehead tiredly* Rudy.....while I appreciate you wanting to create interesting elements of plot (albeit from thin air) and I also realise its been a long while since the beginning of the RPG so you may have forgotten my sign up and first post, but the whole thing with the secret message center and the Ninjin army on its way as we speak has got to go.

Back in my sign up I said that Ninjin wouldn't notice Retasu's absence for at least a year: "To protect her family from King Ninjins wrath after she was gone, she left a transmission for him saying she had gone off to claim a few more planets for the Saiyan Empire as a wedding gift, and would be back within the year. "

If something changed you would have to come up with a very good reason of why and how, which would be rather difficult since the second thing is in my first post Retasu makes it a point to say how in the dark she is about the planet King Vegeta lives on, since they DIDN'T HAVE CONTACT IN HUNDREDS OF YEARS.

"It had been for a little over a month, as I traveled away from my home planet towards the planet called Earth. I had instructed the computer to locate the planet with the highest concentration of Saiyans besides Planet Vegeta itself."

She didn't even know what planet he was on until she went looking for him, let alone know anything about the planet as if they had contact.

" I instructed the computer to locate an area with a high population of higher power levels, logically this would be the area where the most saiyans. The King of the planet (which would of course be Prince Vegetas offspring) would obviously want to live in the largest saiyan controlled city. Then, when the computer located this area, I instructed it to find something having the dimensions of a landing pad. It didnt take long to find one, but on this planet the landing pads were square instead of round. I found this odd but then, it was to be expected. I doubted this would be the last of the oddities I found.
Taking a deep breath, I let it out slowly, calming myself and preparing the words I would say when I found the offspring of Prince Vegeta. I would need to balance between respect and dignity, for if I showed too much of my excitement on meeting him it might come off as too much of a weakness."

She expected the Saiyans to have taken over this planet and was surprised to see how different everything was from her expectations. Not the attitude of one who had access to a secret message center connection between Earth and Planet Vegeta which the resistance members have access to.

Retasu is a resistance member in a prominent resistance family. There is no way they would let Retasu go off to the planet where King Vegeta lived without knowing anything about the planet or even what the planet was CALLED. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=389795&postcount=42)

I'm not trying to be mean or picky, and normally I would let stuff go and find a way to work it into my next post so that its not a mistake. But this fucks with the basic principals of my character and her already established past. It was the main point of her development to have no idea what to expect from Earth and its saiyans, because it came as a great shock to her but will eventually show her that saiyans can follow a different path since the King she respected did so.

Theres nothing in Retasu's past that would prevent Vegeta from choosing Shitagi for an heir, so you can leave that, but from now on talk to me regardless of how awkward that is if your post so heavily involves the saiyans of Planet Vegeta. And don't be so eager to force the plot to give you things that will "make our characters respect each other". Stories flow better when you don't have to force plot developments like that.

If you have any questions or want to discuss this to figure out how to fix it let me knw, I don't mind helping work it out so that it fits with everything.

Kuro Espeon
16th April 2011, 12:52 PM
[Insert long and well-thought out rant here]

Oh snap.

I'll be posting again soon to finish off Kados. Kura's gonna have fun with him...nyuk nyuk nyuk.... >:3 I gotta dust off my action-writing skills. *cracks knuckles*

Master Rudy
16th April 2011, 08:08 PM
Eh....after looking back over my last post in paticular I'll admit that it's been so long since I've actively roleplayed that I'm doing a bit too much and trying too hard. This RPG in paticular has me wanting to see things get done due to the fact that I've always enjoyed the story behind Dragon Ball and the fact that it's always had long stretches of inactivity. I'll also admit that I've kinda skimmed things over instead of fully reading things as I wrote that last post in paticular as it was late at night. I've been busy with my personal life and now that this is active again when I do get around to posting I feel like if I don't get something out at that moment I'll have to wait a few days and potentially lose a good idea I had if something sidetracks me. Writer's block is a big killer for me. Don't laugh but to get back into the feel of writing I've actually been using the story creator on Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 and letting my friends play my story......as of late I'm stuck on where to go next as each additional show/match and branching option can make things far more complex. Needless to say they aren't happy that I'm three shows into the story and almost to the Royal Rumble during a bout of writer's block :lol:

Anyway it did help me focus on writing a bit again by letting me focus on somehthing a bit easier. However I'm still finding myself trying to rush things on this end as I don't like losing a good idea. I'm sure you of all people remember how many times I've had a decent idea shot down because someone beat me to the punch on a post and effectively forced me into having to come up with something entirely different ^_^()

Sorry about all that Bran......I'll get it trimmed down in a way that keeps the general idea behind what I wanted to do with that. The main change will be cutting out Retasu from that last post with a few other edits as well.

Master Rudy
16th April 2011, 09:38 PM
Ok....edited post is now up. It should work out a little better actually not to mention leave things open ended so anyone in the HTC can pick up from there ^_~

Blademaster
17th April 2011, 01:45 AM
You're also forgetting Shimuto, who I have something rather interesting lined up for.

Yeah, where the fuck is he, anyway? He just kinda dropped off the radar after the fight with Hammer and the first 2 Dragonballs landing in Rothax's possession.

And speaking of Shimuto, I'm just curious, but what does his name mean? I've tried looking it up via Japanese-English translators, and no results ever come back.

Heald
17th April 2011, 01:11 PM
Shimuto was last seen handing a Dragonball to Rothax and then went off to round up any more...whether he has actually gone and done that is, well, debatable, but he will appear shortly to help develop the story. As for his name, well, I forgot where I got the name from.

I guess that's the rather abrupt end of the Kwalis, but I guess they were the small fry compared to what's coming now. I guess Kura will probably want to (try to) handle Chita (since she hasn't really got to fight yet, plus chick vs chick battles are made of awesome), so I guess the ball is in your court Blade.

Blademaster
17th April 2011, 03:56 PM
Well, Blaque and Whyte are left, so... Awesome, I get to kill them AND introduce Chita! I am a happy Blade right now. :D

Will be posting within... a couple of hours, probably.

Kuro Espeon
17th April 2011, 09:40 PM
Oooh, girl fight! Sexy. ;D

BTW, Blade, would you mind giving me a basic description of Chita and her fighting style? So I can make an accurate post? lol

Master Rudy
18th April 2011, 06:16 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Everyone DIED!!!!

Well it makes sense in context....... :P

Blademaster
18th April 2011, 08:51 AM
Not at all, Kura. Even I don't really have an idea of how Chita looks outside of a vague idea, and I have nothing as far as a fighting style goes aside from her special ability. Go nuts.

EDIT:

Shitagi....letting out a pained yell?

Not really how I ended things or what I had in mind at the end of my redone post. However I can work with that ^_~

...Actually, Rudy, I made that post about Shitagi yelling because he probably sense his mother being slaughtered by Rothax. I know that twins can sense each others' pain; I thought it might apply to parent-child relationships, too.

*shrug* It just seemed a logical progression to me, since the two of them have to have met by now. She left almost 40 minutes ago, and Rothax's sensors picked up on her in my last post from his POV, when he left to engage her. I didn't know what you were doing, but I figured mommy dearest getting skullfucked by Rothax would have diverted his attention long enough for one good "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!".

Bear
18th April 2011, 01:23 PM
I think we need to micro-manage our own characters a bit less. Try to keep an open mind, and realize that nobody is ever going to play your character exactly as you would play it, because we did not create it. I could beef with some of the ways people have used my character but I try to just let it play out. Just makes the RPG run smoother and be more fun for all. Dunno, just my two cents :*

Master Rudy
18th April 2011, 02:20 PM
I figured mommy dearest getting skullfucked by Rothax would have diverted his attention long enough for one good "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!"

Blade......you are a sick bastard.......

Keep up the good work :P

Blademaster
18th April 2011, 02:40 PM
I think we need to micro-manage our own characters a bit less.

No.

Try to keep an open mind,

No.

and realize that nobody is ever going to play your character exactly as you would play it

No.

Blade......you are a sick bastard.......

Hahaha, of course I only kid when I say such things, Rudy.

Rothax can't skullfuck Victoria. He doesn't have a penis. :D

Kuro Espeon
18th April 2011, 05:02 PM
Not at all, Kura. Even I don't really have an idea of how Chita looks outside of a vague idea, and I have nothing as far as a fighting style goes aside from her special ability. Go nuts.

So... her special ability is basically slowing down time, right? hm. Don't suppose I could get any hints on the weak points? You'll probably just let me suffer though, won't you?

Master Rudy
18th April 2011, 07:29 PM
So... her special ability is basically slowing down time, right? hm. Don't suppose I could get any hints on the weak points? You'll probably just let me suffer though, won't you?

I get the sense that this'll be similar to fighting Guldo.....well similar in the fact that she can slow/percieve time differently. However it'll be different in the fact that she can actually fight :P

Blademaster
18th April 2011, 09:30 PM
So... her special ability is basically slowing down time, right?

Hmph... I guess if you had to REALLY abridge it, then yes, you could put it that way.

Don't suppose I could get any hints on the weak points? You'll probably just let me suffer though, won't you?

Sorry. I'd help you, but upon further consideration, I decided that you're gonna be fucked for a little bit, for a few reasons.

1. As this Lounge has already made clear, catfights are a good thing.

2. Chita is more or less the equivalent of Captain Ginyu, and accordingly, I feel she deserves a BIT more screen-time than the other minor villains.

3. Shimuto is who-the-fuck-knows-where, and Rudy for all his bitching about posts and keeping the RPG active and progressing for months and months has YET to respond to Rothax and Victoria meeting up. That means that, for the moment, ALL the villains are AFK. So, Chita is pretty much the strongest enemy available ATM. Can't have her dying just yet - she has to stick around and provide a bit more action in between posts from the neverending remaining half hour in the Time Chamber.

Kuro Espeon
18th April 2011, 10:08 PM
Oh, I wasn't planning on killing her off, I was going to let it play out for a bit, since Kura has had to have a decent fight scene yet. I was just thinking ahead for later. But anywayz, I'll get to work on something. This will probably start out with Kura getting the ever-loving shit kicked out of her, at least at first. XD

Bear
19th April 2011, 07:04 PM
blade is mean :(

Asilynne
21st April 2011, 07:55 PM
Blade, I want to post and answer the question Basawe just yelled out for all the HbTC to hear, but I can't until Saturday. So please everyone give me the time to do that lol

Master Rudy
21st April 2011, 08:27 PM
Blade, I want to post and answer the question Basawe just yelled out for all the HbTC to hear, but I can't until Saturday. So please everyone give me the time to do that lol

Dammit....beat me to it! :lol:
In that case I suppose I can focus on a quick Victoria post over the weekend so we can kick off that part of the story.

Fair warning to Blade and Heald......if you don't want the ship damaged I'd suggest speaking up soon. If I don't hear anything by Saturday night I'll assume that short of total destruction/damage to Rothax's DB machine that some parts in the ship will be fair game :P

Heald
22nd April 2011, 03:25 AM
Whilst I'm not completely opposed to it, Blade may have some objections. Maybe just damage, yet not irreversible damage.

Master Rudy
22nd April 2011, 04:26 AM
Whilst I'm not completely opposed to it, Blade may have some objections. Maybe just damage, yet not irreversible damage.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I'll stop short of damage that would cause a crash landing or seriously affect the remainder of the plot.

Also don't forget....Victoria has no idea what Rothax is planning on doing with the DB's. All she knows is he has them. If she were to come across them at best all she would think is that it's a containment chamber of some sort. If she couldn't find them she wouldn't risk destroying the ship which in turn may destroy the Dragon Balls. The heroes eventually will need them to restore West City and bring those that died back to life. Honestly the only way I could see any of the heroes even consider destroying them is if a villian was on the verge of using them and they knew that destruction was the only option.

Blademaster
22nd April 2011, 11:41 AM
Crash landing? The fuck are you on about? Rothax's ship touched down hours ago.

Anyway, Rothax's ship houses two very vital things. The first is his machine. The second is something much worse than Chita. Damage it at your own risk, but don't think Rothax will just let you. Even in his current form, he dwarfs Victoria's speed and power.

Also, Tennan is on the ship. He's laughably weak, but he's still almost as strong as Victoria in her base form, and he'd rather contend with her wrath than Rothax's. So don't think Vic will be able to just bypass Rothax, board his ship, and start shooting it up like Vegeta without SOME resistance.

Master Rudy
26th April 2011, 02:04 AM
Sorry guys....has some RL issues come up which I'd rather not get into or discuss. I've poked my head in to keep tabs on things but as for having time to post it's been next to none. I'll try to get something up in the next day or two ^_~

Blade: Sorry if there was confusion on the matter with the ship being on the ground. I'd have to look back over things to remember who it was but a post someone made seemed to suggest that the ship was in low orbit. In any case I'll likely start things off on Victoria's side with a battle with Tennan. I can't remember if he had a profile or not so if he does point me in the right direction Blade. Also I'll be honest with you.....if he's close to Victoria he may put up an ok fight but he isn't going to last against her. If he's not important to the plot I'll likely be killing him off.

Brandy and Blade: Since Bran had plans to respond to Basawe I'm giving her first crack before I make any more HTC posts unless you guys say it's ok for me to do so......I don't wish to disrupt any plans you guys may have had ^_~

Bear
26th April 2011, 09:43 AM
I'll try to get a Hammer post up within the next day or two, but it'll likely be mostly training oriented since I don't think he's directly involved with the plot at the moment. Unless someone else has plans for him/wants him for something, let me know.

Blademaster
26th April 2011, 07:31 PM
Just remember, Rudy, Rothax is already on a course to intercept Victoria. Unless she has a HELL of a trick up her sleeve, she likely won't be getting past him that easily, or for very long.

As for Tennan, his 'profile' is here. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22063) Scroll down to my first post, the light green text. That's him.

Master Rudy
27th April 2011, 03:00 AM
Oh trust me Blade....she has a plan. Granted she knows there is a high chance of failure/death but she's got one.

The real question I have for you now is this: does Rothax have anymore low level soldiers or have they all been killed? What about the crew of the ship? How many crew members does Rothax have left? Finally excluding Rothax (who is on the way to intercept) and Tennan who is left on the ship?

Pretty sure you guys have an idea of where this is going....if not then it'll be fun to see it play out along with Rothax's reaction :P

Blademaster
27th April 2011, 03:04 PM
There are 7 'villains' left; in rough order of strength, they are as follows:

1. Rothax, who is on his way to engage Victoria.
2. Shimuto, who is who-the-fuck-knows-where and, according to Heald, is currently off-limits.
3. Chita, who is at the battle site engaging Zaito, Kura, and Van.
4. Tennan, who is at Rothax's ship, basically guarding it and waiting for the next Dragonball shipment.
5. Blaque, who is almost back to Rothax's ship with the 3 Dragonballs Van had. Power level: 4500.
6. Rinetst, (His profile is here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22063), right under Tennan's.) who is in the medical bay further inside Rothax's ship.
7. An unconscious soldier who survived Van's attack out on the ocean, earlier. He's in the medical bay in critical condition; his maximum power level is 760.

So, the short answer is that there are 3 people currently on Rothax's ship, and Blaque will arrive there before Victoria, bumping the total up to 4. But only 2 of them are actual fighters.

Master Rudy
1st May 2011, 01:18 AM
Well Blade there you go. Once again forgive the delay.....as I said it's kinda been chaos here. Dad's in the middle of a move while our old house falls apart around us (plumbing went out today......$5K to fix it ~_~()), Mom just got out of the hospital and I've been caught in the middle of all of it while trying to find a decent car at the same time.

Master Rudy
1st May 2011, 06:57 PM
And the plot thickens.....somehow I get the feeling we just saw a shift in who the bigger threat is :D

Bear
2nd May 2011, 01:59 PM
Quite obviously the biggest threat is Tennan =P

Master Rudy
6th May 2011, 03:18 AM
Ok....I know Brandy wanted to make a post in regards to Blade's last Basawe post. However this was over two weeks ago. Since then I've spoken with Blade and it seems like he's sharing my mindset:

We're both tired of the HTC plot thread :lol:

With that being said if there are no objections from James or Bran I'm gonna respond to Basawe. From there I'll leave it up to Blade to set things in motion in regards to getting us out of the HTC and onto the real battles. If there are no objections I'll be making this post either saturday or Sunday night.

I'd suggest making posts now if you guys plan on any other HTC posts :P

Heald
6th May 2011, 12:19 PM
Coincidentally, my next action with Zaito was going to be him intercepting Blaque, taking back the DBs and then heading back to the Sanctuary, conveniently at the time peeps leave the Chamber, and conveniently when Kuji breaks the revelation to them that Shimuto has done something pretty fucking horrific (you want to know WHY those Saiyan kids were attacking him? Find out next time on oh fuck it you already know the rest).

Blademaster
6th May 2011, 04:09 PM
Oh please. No. Don't kill Blaque. No, stop. I beg you. :sweat:

Master Rudy
8th May 2011, 05:22 AM
Oh please. No. Don't kill Blaque. No, stop. I beg you. :sweat:

Hey Blade I found Mr. Blaque and Mr. Whyte's theme music...... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnMqkZmuEC0)

Hmm.....the more I think about it the more I think I've made this joke before.....

*shrugs*

Oh well! :P

Blademaster
8th May 2011, 04:01 PM
...That was a joke?

I thought that those were usually supposed to be funny.

Master Rudy
8th May 2011, 11:19 PM
...That was a joke?

I thought that those were usually supposed to be funny.

Well in case you didn't know Blade humor does indeed consist of more than just dick and fart jokes ^_~

Bear
10th May 2011, 09:28 AM
Too bad they weren't named Blaque and Yellou (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw)...

Anyway thank goodness we're getting out of the HTC. Hammer hasn't had much to do outside that last post, and another training post seemed like a waste so I never made it.

Master Rudy
11th May 2011, 01:20 AM
A song posted by James named Black and Yellow.....
Why the hell am I getting the feeling that this is some kind of subliminal message for the Steelers? :confused:

EDIT-In fact James I'll see your Black and Yellow and raise you my White and Hunter! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF2buh5_xDA)
Now all we have to do is wait on Brandy to post Black and Purple....... :lol:

sF2buh5_xDA

Master Rudy
16th May 2011, 12:28 AM
Soooo....anyone planning on posting?

Blademaster
16th May 2011, 01:55 PM
Yes.

And now, I'm going to solve two problems -lack of activity, and lack of good guys dying - in one fell swoop:

You folks have a one-week ultimatum before people start dying. Chita can and will kill Kura if Kuro doesn't post, and don't think Victoria is exempt from being sniped with a Mizimian silenced Saalda shot, either. Or that she'll be safe from Rothax when he returns in a few more minutes. As for Gamma and Shimuto... I don't know, but if Gamma is anything like the older Androids, he's likely got a bomb inside of him that Shimuto won't much like being blown up by.

I'll probably send IM's later, but as it stands... One week.

Then the blood starts flowing.

Bear
16th May 2011, 03:29 PM
Argh I had a post in and the site failed me. Curses!

It was kind of short and didn't really accomplish much anyway, just Hammer having a brief conversation with Retasu and telling her she needs to control her emotions. Oh well!

Blademaster
17th May 2011, 04:51 PM
And a sudden spike in activity - namely, activity on Rothax's ship - has forced my hand.

The villains' forces are dwindling down, from a good 30 or so to a measly half a dozen. One of them is unconscious, one may or may not be a traitor, and one can barely defend himself. Even Chita's million-kilometer-an-hour speed has evidently been disregarded due to the second act being rushed to a close.

Rothax has no options left. This, in turn, leaves me with only one option... Rudy, I'm sorry, but when I make my next post, Rothax's pet will be released. When that happens... Victoria will die.

If it's any consolation, she more than likely won't be alone.

Heald
18th May 2011, 01:09 AM
Well as much fun as it would have been to have let 3 characters get caught up by Little Miss Lightspeed, I felt it would be more in the interests of the RPG if at least some were allowed to go and do something more interesting than get killed by someone with some uber hax.

Asilynne
18th May 2011, 12:16 PM
I've never responded very well to threats, in fact it usually has the opposite result than intended.

Anyway I haven't had much time at home for anything now that I only get one day off a week and when I get home is entirely dependant on whether or not there are any last minute emergencies at work (which tends to happen quite frequently at a vets). I haven't had time to post in my own rpg let alone SU. The Sarah, me and Ben household is also moving soon so we've been busy finding you know, a PLACE TO LIVE. So you'll just have to suck it up and wait :)
As for killing me or the rest of my household off, I'd rather you not but if you for some reason do, don't go all deux ex machina on us. It better make sense to the story, not just OH LOOK RETASUS FLYING INTO BATTLE OOPS SHES DEAD. I've killed off my own characters before but it made sense within the story to do so. Don't fuck up the story just out of your own sense of being a control freak. :P

Bear
18th May 2011, 01:22 PM
I love the fact that Brandy's post is followed by her signature which states she was voted "Nicest Roleplayer" XD

Also I may have time for a Hammer post tomorrow, we'll see!

Blademaster
18th May 2011, 01:55 PM
Well as much fun as it would have been to have let 3 characters get caught up by Little Miss Lightspeed, I felt it would be more in the interests of the RPG if at least some were allowed to go and do something more interesting than get killed by someone with some uber hax.

Lightspeed? She doesn't even move at one eleven-hundredth of light speed. Don't bitch at me because you people are too dumb and too caught up in your own agendas to team up and figure out a plan other than 'hurr durr punch-and-beamspam-someone-stronger-and-faster-than-me.'

I've never responded very well to threats, in fact it usually has the opposite result than intended.

And this is relevant to things how? Not seeing any threats anywhere.

As for killing me or the rest of my household off, I'd rather you not but if you for some reason do, don't go all deux ex machina on us. It better make sense to the story, not just OH LOOK RETASUS FLYING INTO BATTLE OOPS SHES DEAD. I've killed off my own characters before but it made sense within the story to do so.

Retasu isn't my jurisdiction. I only PM'd you so Kuro would have some extra incentive to post. Two people pestering > one person pestering. And Retasu has no reason to do anything reckless like that anyway. Gamma and Shimuto are, again, not my jurisdiction. Heald can handle that. Victoria and Rothax's crew, as well as Kura and Chita, are my main focuses, the latter of which it would seem Heald and Paradox are helping take care of for me.

Don't fuck up the story just out of your own sense of being a control freak. :P

I'll consider it. I might consider it a bit more seriously if you ask more nicely next time.

Heald
18th May 2011, 02:56 PM
Lightspeed? She doesn't even move at one eleven-hundredth of light speed. Don't bitch at me because you people are too dumb and too caught up in your own agendas to team up and figure out a plan other than 'hurr durr punch-and-beamspam-someone-stronger-and-faster-than-me.'
The problem with this is that DragonballZ, unlike most other action-orientated series, had no rock-paper-scissors approach to the action/combat. This is largely because Dragonball was originally a comedic series that featured some action. There was no such thing as power levels and fights were often won and lost due to some bizarre incident (one good example is Goku versus The Invisible Man. Goku couldn't hit the Invisible Man as he couldn't see him, so the obvious solution turned out to be Bulma flashing Roshi, who in turn got a pervy nose-bleed jet that covered the Invisible Man in blood, allowing Goku to see and therefore beat him).

DBZ decided to concentrate on the action rather than the humour but never bothered to introduce any rules, apart from, generally, whoever is more powerful wins. Most battles were won before they were even fought purely on the basis that one of the fighters was stronger than the other. Two simple rules quickly developed:
1) If you're faster than your opponent, he cannot hit you.
2) If you're stronger than your opponent, he cannot kill you.

Rarely were these rules bent or broken, and rarely was someone faster and the other stronger (the most notable example being USSJ Trunks vs Perfect Cell, but Trunks lost because he could not retain his USSJ form and it was useless anyway as he couldn't hit Cell).

So, when you introduce a character like Chita, and don't introduce any obvious flaws or whatever (since, especially at how basic the fighting is at the moment. We're basically talking very start of the Namek saga fighting levels here, when it is only just new to the viewers that all characters can suddenly fly), you don't get to complain since frankly, it was a bit shit. My obvious solution is that, since Zaito can become immaterial for brief moments, Chita can't stop something she cannot actually touch. But apparently that isn't good enough for you. But as the RPG's actual creator I might feel like Chita comes down with a nasty case of exploding vagina. It might be shit, but well so is the character as she stands in general. So either make the character either believable, or at least reference an obvious weakness (since, guess what, neither Master of Paradox, Kuro or myself can read your mind), or else her cunt is going to explode.

And yes I am serious. Whilst I commend your efforts to get this RPG going again (indeed, I'm not entirely opposed to threatening to kill off characters if they do not integrate themselves soon unless their players have a good reason not to post), being cagey about characters who people are meant to be trying to roleplay against isn't good character management. People aren't roleplaying to 'beat the bad guys', they're roleplaying because they are developing a character, and the less information you give about the characters and the world around them, they either do two things: they get bored/confused/stop caring and stop posting, or they roleplay things their way. Don't complain when this happens because it is inevitable. I don't really see how teaming up against Chita would've helped, considering how fast she is, teamwork has never seemed to work against speed at all in most DBZ fights.

Asilynne
18th May 2011, 09:49 PM
I love the fact that Brandy's post is followed by her signature which states she was voted "Nicest Roleplayer" XD

Also I may have time for a Hammer post tomorrow, we'll see!

AHAHHAA yeah James I noticed that after I posted too ^-^()

And Blade its quite ironic for you to tell someone you'd consider their request if they were nicer about it ;D

Master Rudy
19th May 2011, 05:51 AM
And Blade its quite ironic for you to tell someone you'd consider their request if they were nicer about it ;D

http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/irony-41.jpg

Bear
19th May 2011, 01:19 PM
Honestly people let's not jump down each others' throats and get all pissy. The best way for us to make this RPG die is to start harassing each other and getting offended at every little thing. You wonder why my sister rarely posts? Because we're too busy bitching at each other in the lounge thread instead of building upon the posts that have already been made in the RPG.

Don't like how the most recent post utilized your character? Make an IN CHARACTER post that continues the flow of action and redirects your character toward something more befitting your image.

Think a character someone else created is inappropriate? Tough. We all have different ideas and styles so we're inevitably not going to see each other's characters the same way. Make that character fit with the story, don't be deliberately confrontational.

The less time you spend being angry and stressed over this RPG, the more time you have to spend pondering the next post and continuing the action. There is no way this thread should have more activity than the RPG itself.

Blademaster
19th May 2011, 04:56 PM
I agree with you, Bear. But I was in the middle of a nice rant-tastic post yesterday when my laptop shit the bed, so, I'm sorry, but I have to finish.

I WILL, however, cut out the offensive parts.

My obvious solution is that, since Zaito can become immaterial for brief moments, Chita can't stop something she cannot actually touch.

I honestly forgot he could do that. My bad.

But as the RPG's actual creator I might feel like Chita comes down with a nasty case of exploding vagina. It might be shit, but well so is the character as she stands in general. So either make the character either believable, or at least reference an obvious weakness (since, guess what, neither Master of Paradox, Kuro or myself can read your mind), or else her cunt is going to explode.

First off, if you want character information, here's a fun fact: Chita doesn't have a vagina. She has an ovipositor connected to a small, deflated sacule at the bottom of her back, which swells with eggs when her species is ready to give birth.

Second, don't you pull that power-play shit with me. You neglect this RPG more than Rudy or I do, and this RPG wouldn't even EXIST as it is had I not provided a main villain and a plot. If you wanna flex your muscles and say "This RPG is mine.," I can and will do the same, because this shindig is at least as much mine as it is yours.

Third, Paradox CAN read my mind, since he and I regularly talk on AIM and work out details and plot points. Same with a few other folks that aren't even playing. If you can't be arsed to contact me on AIM or send a message, that's your problem, not mine.

And fourth, take a good, long look at what you've written so far about Chita being an unbelievable character. She's not much of a combatant, but she's really fast. And you claim that she is 'hax?' OK, fair enough...

But wait! We have a heroine who can be faster than Chita, stronger than first-form Rothax, smarter than any Namekian introduced so far, and whose powers extend far past the Namek Saga, into the Android and even CELL Sagas! Where've your complaints about HER having no weakness or being believable been?

Now, don't misunderstand me. I'm not trying to use Rudy's character as a scapegoat. I'm merely illustrating a point nobody wants to address, but we're going to HAVE to in a DBZ RPG.

And that point is that we have about 10 heroes, NONE of whom have died yet, and 30 or so villains, whose numbers have been sheared down to a measly 5... Now, you haven't said boo to anything yet, but suddenly we FINALLY have a villain who is posing a challenge, and cries ring out, "I MADE THIS RPG, SO YOU RETCON HER BEFORE I DO!".

So I'm sorry to be blunt, but I don't buy what you said at all. It doesn't sound to me like you're interested in any sort of 'fair RP'ing' or 'character development' if you can't handle a challenge as basic as what basically amounts to a slightly sturdier female Guldo, especially when you consider that no less than FOUR backup forces who all exceed her power are en route to the fight scene as we speak. It just sounds to me like you want to rush this RPG to its end.

Now, all of that being said, I'll be posting a pure-villain post soon enough. And since you demand information, then I'll lay it out first.

Any questions?

Heald
19th May 2011, 05:37 PM
In my defence Blade, I wasn't actually going to plant a bomb in Chita's twat. But I felt something ridiculous like that might help get some things out in the open. And it has. So thanks. And I appreciate how you thought it was a credible threat, so I'm at least not losing my edge in terms of being a bit of a mad bastard :D

And I know I haven't been the best RPG master, and I do truly appreciate how you and the others (as those who keep pestering me by PM to keep this going and help contribute here will understand) have kept this alive long after I began losing faith in this. I started this over 2 years ago when I had far more free time than I do now (like seriously, I'm lucky to get a few hours a week to sit on the internet and really take an interest in what's going on around here). If you honestly feel I'm doing a shitty job, and I feel I am, I'll step down and just RP as Zaito and Shimuto, and I'm not particularly against either of them dying heroic deaths in the interests of keeping the RPG going. I just felt the fight where Zaito was was beginning to hit a dead-end, so I decided to move things along a little.

It's not that I'm sick of this at all, in fact, this is one of the most enjoyable RPGs I participated in for several years, but I can't promise to give this my full and undivided attention. I'd just rather people just play and enjoy it too instead of either bitching about other people slightly playing their characters or NPCs not exactly the way they envisaged them or being worried that they are do this. Bear said it perfectly:

"Don't like how the most recent post utilized your character? Make an IN CHARACTER post that continues the flow of action and redirects your character toward something more befitting your image.

Think a character someone else created is inappropriate? Tough. We all have different ideas and styles so we're inevitably not going to see each other's characters the same way. Make that character fit with the story, don't be deliberately confrontational."

So can we just play some goddamn Dragonball or something. Because that actually is fun, not bitching about which alien has the explodiest vagina or whatever.

Blademaster
19th May 2011, 09:11 PM
And I appreciate how you thought it was a credible threat, so I'm at least not losing my edge in terms of being a bit of a mad bastard :D

trollface.jpg

I gotta admit, Heald, I wish everybody on this forum I argued with was as agreeable as you. Wiseass or not, it's far more fun than playing quote tag like some people we know do...

Anyway, now that the melodrama is all sorted out, I'll go ahead and post something. I have an idea.

Kuro, you know what Zenkai is? If not, look it up. I think I've got an idea how to put Kura on even ground with not just Chita, but maybe even the folks leaving the Time Chamber.

Master Rudy
20th May 2011, 02:32 AM
Zenkai is an ability that is genetically exclusive to Saiyans. The ability is a genetic trait that allows a Saiyan's power to increase substantially after recovering from near fatal injuries. This trait is not exclusive to pure-blooded Saiyans as the lack of hair growth is, as even clones with partial Saiyan genetic data have this ability as well. Examples are half-breed Saiyans such as Gohan and the biological menace Cell. (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Zenkai)

I have no reason to believe that none of us know what Zenkai is.....it's just more likely that some of us don't know the actual name of the ability.

Anyway first and foremost since I'm sure someone will call me on it. If you see me giving Blade a hard time it's just a matter of me joking around with him. If I do disagree with him I'll at least try to be respectful about it.

In regards to Victoria: yeah I know I started her off as slightly overpowered. However as a side character I felt it would draw attention to how serious the situation truely was if she was insisting on the HTC. Against first form Rothax it'd be a fairly even fight. Second form would be no contest (hence the hit and run tactics, trying to outsmart him, ect). She could hold her own for a bit but the bottom line is she will eventually die in a prolonged battle. The bottom line is that she WILL eventually die in the RPG. The only thing I've been unsure on is how and where.....it is starting to become more clear however.

Heald I know it's hard to admit you don't have the time for an RPG but I give you tons of credit for coming out and saying it. Most RPG GM's would never say it and look for options to keep it moving. More often than not if the GM becomes inactive it's all over. The bottom line is we're all older and have less free time now. If you feel you need to step down as the GM then talk things over with Blade. At the very least however try to see this out until the end ^_~

James is right. We need to take a few steps back and not be so hard on one another. Of the RPG's I've been in the best ones have always been the ones where people can roll with minor discrepencies. If it's not causing any major issues just try to roll with it and get thigns settled via PM. Anyway you talk to Sarah bro. I'm sure ALL of us will be working to be a little less abrasive in and out of the RPG.

In regards to the hero/villian issue I've got to agree with Blade. Following the group reaching the lookout the villians have been getting smacked around while no hero has died. Now granted Victoria will be getting killed off. However she's just a side character. Some of us are eventually just going to have to bite the bullet and have our characters die. Don't forget that this is a DRAGON BALL RPG.....at the end of the day death can be bad for the short term. However in the long term is merely a minor annoyance :P

Anyway I'll see about trying to get a post up after work tonight ^_~

Bear
20th May 2011, 11:12 AM
Every time I read someone talking about an "exploding vagina" I laugh uncontrollably.

Anyway I don't think it would be outside the realm of possibility for our heroes to get cocky because they've beaten all the lower henchmen, and subsequently get embarrassed by the villains when they decide to open up a can of whoop-ass. Typical DBZ theory dictates that this is the point in the story when the heroes foolishly believe they have a chance, only to be brought to near death by the uber-powerful villain and just narrowly escape. Hell, we might even NEED to have a few heroes die, and then we can develop a more thorough side-plot involving re-obtaining the Dragonballs to revive them. Does this sound like a good idea? I think it would provide a good opportunity to extend the plot further, as well as give everyone a chance to make a few in character battle posts (even if they are on the losing end).

Thoughts?

Blademaster
20th May 2011, 03:50 PM
Shit can now be said to have officially gotten real.

In one paragraph, Victoria and Tennan are dead. And Kura will be joining them soon if she doesn't get a senzu bean (Can senzus fix holes through the chest? I dunno if that was ever elaborated on.).

If anybody wants info on Rothax's 'pet,' send me a message. For now, I'm content with everything going on. I dunno who'll help Kura, though, since she obviously can't fly back to the Lookout in her state. Logically it would be Retasu, but Basawe owes Kura a favor, as well.

Either or, I suppose. I'm just glad that I've finally gotten to unveil my monstrous murderating machine. :D

Drago
20th May 2011, 09:19 PM
In one paragraph, Victoria and Tennan are dead. And Kura will be joining them soon if she doesn't get a senzu bean (Can senzus fix holes through the chest? I dunno if that was ever elaborated on.).
YLV95mafwm4

The cure? A Senzu Bean. Aww hell yeah.

Master Rudy
21st May 2011, 02:09 AM
Well DAMN! That happened a hell of a lot quicker than I was expecting!

To be honest that kinda threw a wrench into my plans for a post tonight as it was going to be pure Victoria. I can work with it but it's going to take some time. I'll also need to take several steps back with the timing of the battles/deaths. Don't worry....it won't throw anything major off. It is however going to see Shitagi leaving the HTC before everyone else.

Now I will be including a bit of Vegeta's backstory into this post. Seeing that the whole point of this RPG to begin with was an AU with Planet Vegeta never being destroyed I will need to take a few liberties with that since aside from "it wasn't destroyed, there was a war, Ninjin won, there were exiles" we haven't really gone into much detail on that point of history in the RPG. It'll also hopefully take care of a nagging issue that's been on the back of my mind since the start of the RPG: if your home planet was destroyed and you had the means to go there safely wouldn't you want to see it?

If there are any issues at all with my post then let me know ASAP! At worst I'll disregard the backstory and have it pick up from the point Shitagi leaves the HTC.

Blademaster
21st May 2011, 12:59 PM
I won't ask how Shitagi knows about Bardock, but since you requested information, I suppose I should avert another Chita incident and come clean in regards to Rothax's pet:

1. The beast's name is Bandlim. If you've ever played Metroid, you can consider it comparable to a DBZ equivalent of the boss called 'Nightmare.' It is plated with blocky armor, its forearms are square and segmented, and its rear claws are like those of a goat or other ungulate. I haven't given it a detailed reference picture yet, but as you'd probably expect, underneath its armored helmet/mask is a face as ugly as seen and seemingly made of nothing but teeth, fangs, and other assorted nasty chewing bits.

2. In terms of size, it's about as big as a rhino. In terms of speed, it is also comparable to a rhino: It may look big and slow, but once it gets moving, it's as fast as a freight train.

3. In case it wasn't obscenely obvious by now, Bandlim is a carnivore.

4. Bandlim, as a semi-artificial being, is forcibly loyal to Rothax. Not flimsy control-helmet-that-can-easily-be-broken-and-turn-the-monster-on-its-master control like Broly, either. Its every neuron is hard-wired to a cybernetic mainframe embedded in its spinal cord. It cannot be converted, only killed.

5. As you've probably guessed, Bandlim is a very simple creature. It doesn't speak, it doesn't show pride, it isn't going to patiently wait for you to finish transforming or powering up before it attacks any more than a pissed-off hungry lion would wait for a hunter to reload his musket. It's essentially a big, mean guard dog with tank armor: Its only priorities are to kill all intruders, eat whatever pieces of them it likes, and then go back into Standby Mode until it detects another intruder. So as it stands, Bandlim is staying on the ship, feeding on Victoria's and Tennan's remains. He may also go after the bodies Victoria left in the medical bay. But after that, he has no further reason to fight, let alone leave the ship.

6. Bandlim is even stronger than Rothax's second form. Primarily due to his size, his upgrades and armor, and the fact that he has energy to burn after his meal. If you want to know how to kill him, my only advice is to do whatever you can to wear him down. He's big, so he needs a lot of food to keep his energy up. Hence why he's been asleep up until now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to continue this horror show.

Blademaster
21st May 2011, 07:10 PM
Horror show continued!

loldoublepost

Anyway, just stopping in to make a quick request: Chita has no clue that everyone at the Lookout can kick her ass, but I'd like it if she didn't die JUST yet, since I feel it only fair that she die in a poetic justice sort of way. You know, Kura recovering and kicking her ass, Retasu avenging her lost friend, etc..

Also, if Chita sees the fight getting ugly, she can always run away. And we all know she's fast. So, if and when she dies...?

Yeah, I appreciate it. Thank you, and now back to our regularly scheduled bloodbath. :yes:

Master Rudy
21st May 2011, 09:28 PM
I won't ask how Shitagi knows about Bardock.....

Simple Blade....obviously Vegeta wouldn't have known how things went down while he was away. The survivors and their decendants that eventually became the exiles that fled to Earth would know the story however. I'm pretty sure Vegeta would have wanted to know the full story upon discovering there were survivors ^_~

Bear
23rd May 2011, 12:36 PM
Finally was able to get a post up. You guys went nuts over the weekend, didn't you?

RIP Vicky Summers, may she meet the Macho Man soon!

Kuro Espeon
24th May 2011, 12:57 PM
Ok....so.... sorry I've been a bit, um... absent. Real life has been keeping me busy and a bit stressed. But I won't bore anyone with a list of excuses.

I caught myself up on posts, so I know where I'm at (ie; lying on the ground, bleeding to death, nothxplz). A hole in the chest is a rather, erm, formidable piece of damage, but I believe it could actually work out to Kura's advantage in the end. We all know what happens when a Saiyan recovers from near death, don't we? :3

I'm working on a post now (though there won't be much Kura can do until Zaito arrives with the Senzu bean). In the meantime I'd like to thank you all for keeping Kura involved in the plot (albeit in a rather painful way, lol).

Heald
24th May 2011, 01:03 PM
I was actually going to come to your rescue tonight Kuro, so feel free to have Zaito turning up in your post if you like.

Mystic_clown
24th May 2011, 01:09 PM
I was actually going to come to your rescue tonight Kuro, so feel free to have Zaito turning up in your post if you like.

If you can also post for Shimuto, that would be great. I'm eager to get the Gamma VS Shimuto fight started.

Heald
24th May 2011, 01:24 PM
I was planning to do that as well, so I guess I'll make it official too.

Kuro Espeon
24th May 2011, 02:17 PM
All done! Didn't quite bring Zaito in, but I figure he can't be too far off. He better not be since she really only has a couple of minutes... *cough*

By the by, once Kura's recovered, I just have one request (mostly directed at Blade). *clears throat* CAN I HAVE KURA KILL CHITA?? CAN I, CAN I??? PRETTY PLEEEEEASE???

Blademaster
24th May 2011, 02:39 PM
Yes, you can. It only seems fair.

But she has one final task she must do first. I'm not quite sure how that will go, but either way, you just posted, so Chita should have enough room for one more post before she falls.

Kuro Espeon
24th May 2011, 02:41 PM
Fair enough. She shall live. For one more post.... BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Master Rudy
24th May 2011, 05:27 PM
Now that we're moving at a decent clip again I'll try to look into getting something up tonight even if it's short. No promises however. Been busy helping my dad pack up for a move as well as WORKING ON MY CAR!!!! :D

Yep you read that right. Finally got a car again. A 1988 Toyota Camry with only 84K miles that I picked up for $700. Purchased it off the original owner: a little old lady pushing 90 that can't drive anymore. Aside from the typical wear and tear related repairs (brakes, muffler, tires) it's easily in as good of a condition if not better than the 1990 Buick LeSabre I had from 2003-2005. However since she was pushing 90 and shouldn't have been on the road it's got it's fair share of dings (busted lens on some lights, a front fender dent that makes opening the door a pain and some rust on the wheel wells). As a result it's gonna need very minor restoration work and an eventually repaint.....all stuff I can do. Only issue is it'll need to be done a little bit at a time as I lack the funds, time and tools to knock it out in a day.

Pics of the pre-resto Camry will be forthcoming once I find my damn camera :P

Blademaster
24th May 2011, 07:27 PM
This is RPG. Nobody cares about your car. Take it to Misc..

Now, it seems that everybody has (finally) assembled: Heald, Rudy, Paradox, Bear, and myself are all here, with Kuro and M_c chipping in again as well. Asi doesn't seem to want to do a damn thing, so whatever happens happens.

One thing I've noticed is that we've all lost our Scouters. I don't remember if Kura has one or not, but Retasu definitely does. And it can detect more than just power.

Possible plot device?

Asilynne
24th May 2011, 08:29 PM
pkoVJku8hOY

Anyway my day off is Thursday and my and Bens car should be finishing up their repairs this week so you can suck it up until then :P lol

Kuro Espeon
24th May 2011, 09:04 PM
This is RPG. Nobody cares about your car. Take it to Misc..

*slow clap*

One thing I've noticed is that we've all lost our Scouters. I don't remember if Kura has one or not, but Retasu definitely does. And it can detect more than just power.

Kura doesn't have one. She's avoids most Saiyan-esque devices. But yeah, Retasu should still have hers.

Master Rudy
24th May 2011, 10:22 PM
Ugh....had to fucking jinx myself and mention the car....... :-/

Got called into work to deliver since we had an asshole of a driver simply just walk out on us (long story). Two orders in and I had a tire failure. And this wasn't just your simple "oh no I have a flat!" situation. This was a "thank god Firestone isn't in the business of making condoms" situation. The tire maintained pressure and didn't blow out but the outer layers actually started to SHREAD to the point where I could hear the rubber slapping against the car as I drove. This video of a couple of stoner burnouts that seem to think they are Jeff Gordon should give an idea of what the tire looks like now.....

eQ16iOxKwd4

Thankfully it was a side street and I was only doing about 15 MPH. I was on I-75 doing 60 MPH not even five minutes before this happened. Had it happened there at that speed I'm sure it'd have been ten times worse and quickly turned into a situation that at the very least would have turned into serious repairs and at the worst would have been a very ugly wreck.

Overall a simple fix but the wheel itself is so old I'm gonna need a mechanic to just get the son of a bitch off. I had the added bonus of being about half a mile from my mechanic so I drove it there at about 5 MPH, parked it in the lot and now I'm just waiting until they open in the morning. I'll have them put my spare on with a new rim but after this I can tell you right now that I don't trust my other tires. That's easily gonna be my first replacement once I've got my check at the end of the week.

So yeah....bad luck combined with some slight good luck for a change. I'm pissy over the situation but at least I was able to walk away AND get my car to my mechanic in one piece. Far better than I could have asked for.

I will look into posting tonight but after that headache I need to unwind with mindless entertainment.....therefore I shall kill zombies for the next few hours :P

*fires up L4D2* :D

EDIT-And on an RPG related note the music Heald posted was awesome....you should totally make that your character's theme Sarah ^_~

Kuro Espeon
25th May 2011, 04:56 PM
EDIT-And on an RPG related note the music Heald posted was awesome....you should totally make that your character's theme Sarah ^_~

Hmmm...nah, not for her theme music. Sounds too much like the Rocky theme to me. Might be appropriate if Kura were wearing boxing gloves but...

But speaking of theme music. I think this should be Gamma's:
HGSVYgcy24Q

Blademaster
25th May 2011, 06:12 PM
BACK TO THE RPG...

Chita is on her way to engage 'the female Saiyan' for the Dragonball. Kuro, your time is at hand.

Master Rudy
28th May 2011, 04:34 AM
First off I wonder if Blade can read my mind. I honestly wasn't expecting Rothax to break away from the battle. However I did have a fallback plan in mind for Shitagi that I hadn't previously mentioned in the event that this situation did come up......retreat to West City, see if anything in Capsule Corp is salvageable and possibly use it as a rally point (and maybe even eventually make it a battle site). Furuto and Kuji being there actually helps that plan. Anyway there's something else:

I for the life of me cannot remember if Kuji ever had a profile or where to even look for it if he did :-/

Anyway I need a quick verification Heald.....is Kuji able to heal people in much the same fashion as Dende? Shitagi may be alive but he's not 100%. Unknown to him he's slowly bleeding out internally (thanks to his broken ribs) and the fourth and fifth level Kaio-Kens he's been using hasn't helped him in that area.

Regardless if Kuji can or can't heal him Shitagi will be making his way to West City. As you guys have no doubt picked up by now he's getting guided by Victoria (who in turn is obviously being helped by King Kai). If Kuji can heal him then Shitagi won't be out of the action too long. If not he will eventually make it back to 100% but he'll be out of commission a bit :P

Heald
28th May 2011, 04:51 AM
Kuji can heal like Dende yes. In fact as an adult he is far more proficient at it than Dende.

Furuto can to an extent as well (having learnt it in case Kuji needed it) but he takes a lot longer than Dende.

Also, Furuto isn't entirely defenceless. Yes, at the moment he is probably the weakest of the fighters, but he can still hold his own and is privy to some of the old Z-Warrior's techniques, having studied them to defend Earth if need be.

As for Shimuto, well I imagine this will be a pretty spectacular fight. It will definitely require a few people, and I'm intending on making Zaito one of them. Also, since Hammer had his ass handed to him by Shimuto earlier, I would hope he would join in too.

Blademaster
28th May 2011, 10:36 PM
I honestly wasn't expecting Rothax to break away from the battle.

He would have killed you and Van. I want the RPG to have casualties on both sides, yeah, but I'm not going to have Rothax start massacring everybody without any explanation or permission. Even though he can: Whether power levels are of use anymore or not, Rothax's current form is his strongest and, at its absolute maximum, puts Rothax's final, for-real, absolutely-maximum-limit-unless-divine-intervention-AKA-Dragonballs-cut-in-and-make-him-God power level at an upper limit of ten times his previous one, giving him the ability to go as high as 347,000.

Victoria (who in turn is obviously being helped by King Kai).

She got there pretty Goddamn fast considering she died only a few minutes earlier and Snake Way is a million miles long, huh?

That actually leads me to something I'm curious about: A hundred years ago, Cell blew up King Kai's planet and the intensity of the blast likely demolished a good chunk of Snake Way as well. So if you wanna bypass Heaven and Hell and get to King Kai in this RPG (or just in general since the planet wasn't ever restored post-Cell Saga)... Well, how would you?

As for Shimuto, well I imagine this will be a pretty spectacular fight. It will definitely require a few people, and I'm intending on making Zaito one of them. Also, since Hammer had his ass handed to him by Shimuto earlier, I would hope he would join in too.

Gamma is the only one fighting Shimuto right now, but Hammer and Basawe are on their way to help. I dunno whether Bear wants to kick off their arrival or if I'll have to do it, but considering we're moving at a steady pace for a change, I doubt there's a need to rush.

Master Rudy
29th May 2011, 03:34 AM
Well it's official. Shitagi has serious problems on his end of things. Gonna have to be honest.....I really don't have a good plan for getting out of that one short of trying to kill Van. Of course in his weakened state you can expect Shitagi to be pretty close behind Van if it comes down to that.

As for Victoria.....a wizard did it! :P

Seriously however I did fail to take the distance of Snake Way into account. However as Blade noted the planet was never restored. Plus there have been inconsistances before in regards to the afterlife. Following King Kai and Goku's deaths at the hands of Cell they were instantly on King Kai's end of Snake Way as opposed to being sent to the check in station. It may have been a special case as they were already in Other World. However it does show that regardless of the how and why (which have never officially been explained to my knowledge) that it HAS happened. Plus as we've seen several times in Dragon Ball sometimes when a character dies and gets brought back they will either come to life where they died (Gohan and company during the Buu Saga) or come back to life where they currently are (Goku during the Saiyan Saga, Vegeta during Buu)

Dragon Ball itself can be fairly inconsistant at times in regards to certain things. As I'm not actively posting for Victoria since her death there is no actual explaination. However considering how bad the situation on Earth has become and the fact that this is the first major threat in many years however about we just say King Kai was pretty much monitoring things and ported straight to her once the Z Fighters took their first major loss. While we never see him actually use it he did mention the fact that he could have taught Goku the Instant Transmission himself ^_~

Bear
29th May 2011, 07:53 AM
Well I didn't want to make my next post with Hammer until Ben had his chance to do a battle post against Shimuto. If I remember correctly Heald has only just begun the battle and it hasn't progressed past that, so it would be premature for me to jump in now.

You can bet on the fact that Hammer will want a piece of Shimuto since he nearly killed him. On that line, I'd like to make a request. In order to keep it reasonable, I will offer the following: I will leave Hammer out of the final Rothax battle completely in exchange for having dibs on dealing the final blow to Shimuto (if we are even finishing them at all). The way I pretty much see it playing out is that Hammer uses his final attack on Shimuto to kill him (if that's how we go) and as a result he is left inches from death, and thus unable to help the others against Rothax. I think that would be a more reasonable pursuit so my character isn't made too powerful.

As far as power levels go, I think it would be prudent for us to assess where everyone is at so we have a good idea how to proceed from here. For example, I was thinking that after Hammer's training in the HTC his power levels would look something like this:

Hammer (calm): 52,000
Hammer (enraged): 65,000
Hammer (Mind of Gaia - Final attack): 125,000

Having a setup like this allows us to better utilize each character and avoid confusion with how the battles play out. Obviously a fighter of Hammer's stature would not be able to take on Rothax singlehandedly when he has a power level of 347,000, so he will not be making any posts throwing him into battle 1 on 1 and even coming close to holding his own.

Any objections to my ideas? Feel free to disagree, this is just stream of consciousness at the moment. Also Heald did you still intend to wait til next RPG to have Furuto fuse with Hammer? Or did you want to do it now? I'll leave that up to you since it's your NPC. I won't be offended if you say no :).

Master of Paradox
29th May 2011, 04:13 PM
To be honest, Rudy, and I don't mean to be cruel... but I don't think Shitagi can get out of this situation alive.

Here's a quick look at Van's power levels:

Normal: 1,500
Angry: 2,500
K-Trance: 40,000
D-Trance: 50,000

K-Trance only triggers when Van has to deal with Saiyans, and D-Trance can be used at will, but lasts for a limited time and burns out all of his energy when the timer runs out.

Blademaster
29th May 2011, 04:56 PM
Hammer at 52,000? That makes him stronger than Retasu and Basawe combined...

.....Well, good thing Basawe doesn't know that. He can keep thinking he's the strongest one for a little while. Lord knows he'll need that boost of confidence in the battle with Shimuto.

Master of Paradox
29th May 2011, 10:48 PM
Rudy, I have to call foul on that last post.

1. It's just not fair to have Shitagi godmode his way into defeating Van without asking me. I might have stepped a bit too far by stating Shitagi would likely die, but you could have at least let me do Van's defeat post. By just saying "OH I BEAT UP VAN WITH MY ARM BROKE AND SPITTING BLOOD", you insult me and my character, and cheat pretty badly.

2. You know the real reason Victoria's dead? Because her presence made everything too easy for Shitagi. Now you've got what I assume is the Guardian of the Earth coming down to heal Shitagi's wounds, boost his power level, and tuck him into bed at night. Nothing's changed.

3. How many more deus ex machinas are you going to pull out before you finally let anything permanent happen to Shitagi? This is DBZ. To quote Blade in a recent IM conversation, "Shitagi 'dying' basically means nothing more than a year in space getting even stronger than he is now."

I am more offended than I should be by your post and how it weakens Van to make Shitagi look better. I request changes.

Master Rudy
30th May 2011, 01:24 AM
Rudy, I have to call foul on that last post.

1. It's just not fair to have Shitagi godmode his way into defeating Van without asking me. I might have stepped a bit too far by stating Shitagi would likely die, but you could have at least let me do Van's defeat post. By just saying "OH I BEAT UP VAN WITH MY ARM BROKE AND SPITTING BLOOD", you insult me and my character, and cheat pretty badly.

2. You know the real reason Victoria's dead? Because her presence made everything too easy for Shitagi. Now you've got what I assume is the Guardian of the Earth coming down to heal Shitagi's wounds, boost his power level, and tuck him into bed at night. Nothing's changed.

3. How many more deus ex machinas are you going to pull out before you finally let anything permanent happen to Shitagi? This is DBZ. To quote Blade in a recent IM conversation, "Shitagi 'dying' basically means nothing more than a year in space getting even stronger than he is now."

I am more offended than I should be by your post and how it weakens Van to make Shitagi look better. I request changes.

You're offended? Fair enough....post has already been deleted since I really don't want to deal with the headache of trying to edit around it when all I'm trying to do is have a good time RPing. To be honest however MoP you aren't the only one unhappy with a recent post. I had a few issues with yours as well. Let's get some things straight first.

The real reason Victoria is dead is because she made things too easy for Shitagi? I suggest you re-read this whole RPG in regards to the posts I've made as her. In paticular I want you to focus on just before Shitagi went into the Time Chamber. In case it's not obvious I'll just come out and say it: I've had plans for her death from the start. Don't believe me? Just ask Blade. Before we even had the reboot I told him I had it in mind......I just didn't know the how or the why. My issue is the fact that you seem to imply Blade had her killed off solely because things were "too easy" for me.

There's also the issue of Van turning on Shitagi right then and there. It's like kicking a guy while he's down and frankly due to Shitagi's injuries and weakened power level compared to Van I feel like I you didn't give me many options short of one of us dying.

Finally as I've already said there is your own post as well. Let's set aside the whole "Van goes psycho" aspect of it for a moment. I was simply going to roll with this next one but now I'm going to bring a minor issue I had with it up.

[Van Osiku]

The battle was over, and Van was not sure what had happened. And now this... boy, there was no other word for it, was giving orders and making demands. Who did he think he was?

Shitagi Summers
------

I started to hover in the air but it quickly became apparent that I wouldn't be able to do so under my own power. Van however was quick to get one of my arms over his shoulder and help me into the air. "Ok then.....Shitagi. I just hope you aren't planning on going after that guy. You really aren't in good shape right now." Anger started to flood back into me but I kept my cool. The last thing I needed to do was get worked up and possibly make my injuries worse. "I wish I could go after him but I'd never make it. Then there's the matter of the Dragon Balls. However until the rest of my friends can get together I dare not go anywhere near that animal he's keeping on his ship." At this moment I had another coughing fit. After that it was starting to get a bit harder to breathe. "Well do you have a plan then?" Van asked me. "Y-yeah" I said as I started to feel somewhat lightheaded. "We I've got to get to West City. He's.....destroyed it. However if I'm going to live.....it just might be my only chance. I just.....need help getting there."

To be honest the "we got to get to West City" part was a typo that I missed and didn't catch until I copied that part of the post over. Setting that aside just read that whole post again. I'll give you the "giving orders" part as it was a typo I didn't catch until just now. However at what point is Shitagi rude? At what point is he making demands? Retasu in paticular is much more likely to demand something than Shitagi is. Aside from the "we got to get to West City" typo more than anything Shitagi is simply asking for HELP! Hell before that as beat up as he is he even managed to give off a weak smile and say "Call me Shitagi." If you can point out the rudeness then by all means do so.....I'm failing to see it.

As for the claims of godmoding that last post I'm a reasonable guy MoP. Perhaps I did push a bit hard on that last post but frankly I was a bit miffed because I honestly was not seeing a way out short of one of us getting killed. You claim it's been endless deus ex machina with me? Well I hate to break it to you but Dragon Ball is pretty much BUILT on it! When the situation looks most hopeless something happens out of seemingly nowhere to push things back in favor of the heroes:

-Goku/Gohan ALWAYS showing up at the last minute
-Gohan regrowing his tail during the battle with Vegeta
-Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation
-Vegeta showing up to fight 19 when Goku's heart virus strikes
-Gohan's trasformation to Super Saiyan 2......and it's not because of his family and friends on the verge of getting killed. It's when Android 16 of all characters is destroyed.

That being said everyone in Dragon Ball who has had their moment in the spotlight as the main hero also share one thing in common.....their luck eventually runs out. Eventually they either get overpowered or killed but in the end the cycle repeats itself.

I feel Shitagi is far from the god mode sue you believe him to be. His first battle with Rothax ended with him getting beat pretty soundly. He's had setbacks in his training and despite having a brillant mind for science he's made what could be considered downright foolish mistakes. Hell I had the Spirit Bomb post in mind for the better part of a year. However rather than flat out go out and say "Hey it worked! I CAN USE A SPIRIT BOMB!" I left the end of the post open in the event that Heald deemed it a bit much. If the answer turned out to be no then nothing is really affected at all. If it was yes then so be it.....Shitagi can use a Spirit Bomb but the one thing you have to remember with that skill are the drawbacks: it takes too damn long and leaves him defenseless. In a one on one battle it's fairly useless.

Personally if Heald or Blade felt I was going too far on something then they would be well within their rights to tell me to back off. When there has been any kind of issue at all they've been the first ones to speak up. In fact there have been cases where I actually HAVE made compromises with the others on some issues and vice versa.

In role playing there's give and take with posts. I can be reasonable and change things if someone feels it goes a bit far (and have even deleted my last post). However bear in mind that you've kinda backed my character into a corner and that short of outside interference (which is very unlikely at this point as everyone is either engaged or in hiding) or Van suddenly getting out of that state before Shitagi is hurt more that it's likely that Shitagi isn't walking away.

The bottom line is that while I can be reasonable about things you have to look at it from my perspective as well. You are complaining about me not consulting you on the matter yet you essentially did the same thing to me. Having Van go psycho and putting Shitagi into a situation that is highly likely to get him killed in his current state without talking to me first is just as bad in my book. In fact in hindsight it's gonna be damn hard to get Shitagi out of that situation as I'm starting to feel like anything I could do is going to be an asspull either in my book or yours. I at least had the decency to have Shitagi come out of that short battle in far worse shape than he entered. Him getting out of that fight without more injuries would have been an asspull in my book. However apparently Shitagi getting away at all is an asspull in yours. As a result I say let's agree to disagree on the matter. However I'm going to respectfully request that we both take several steps back: I've deleted my post and to be honest I feel you should do the same. There will be plenty of time yet to come for Van to go loony on us again ^_~

Let's try to come up with a decent solution here because the last thing I want to do is fight over something that we all should be enjoying and having fun with :-/

EDIT-Upon rereading it I've edited my post as it came off as far more hostile than I intended it to be......I too am a bit worked up as I feel it's a real shitty situation to put Shitagi in without asking first. However as I've said before I'd like to work something out.

Blademaster
30th May 2011, 04:21 AM
You know, I really don't wanna jump into this, but...

Rudy, you DID kinda step into this yourself: You knew before your last post that Van has some split-personality deal that makes him go apeshit around Saiyans (You saw it when he turned and attacked Kura out of nowhere before Chita showed up.). And yet you responded to the matter by not only giving Shitagi some potentially-fatal injuries following up Rothax's departure, but also by having him first literally say in big fatass bold letters that he is Vegeta during the fight. Vegeta is a pretty popular name in the not-at-all-small circle of anti-Saiyan races in the DBZverse.

I AM glad to see that we are in agreement on deus ex machinae being a vital part of anything Dragonball-related, though. I mean it'd sure explain a lot of what's going on in this RPG in terms of people making obscene jumps in power out of nowhere with no explanation.

Heald
30th May 2011, 04:25 AM
I'll step in while I can.

Whilst I don't particularly mind how you two resolve it, can you please do it with respect to the other person's character and how the other person might feel?

Now, in regards to the current situation, Rudy put a certain level of faith in other people by leaving his character completely defenceless, much like I have left mine basically in the hands of Asi and Kuro at the moment. MoP, your post, especially if you have failed to contacted Rudy outside of the RPG in order to at least seek his thoughts on the matter, seem to have basically put Shitagi in a no-win situation against Rudy's wishes. Granted, we have been talking of taking it to the next level, to have characters die off and such, but at the end of the day, it is still the decision of that character's player to decide if and when he/she dies.

Now, unless another character (at this stage, most likely Basawe or Hammer) steps in, since they are currently on their way somewhere and could be convinced to change course somehow, then it looks likely Shitagi is fucked. Evidently, this is not in line with Rudy's wishes. I suggest you perhaps revise the situation or at least give Shitagi some kind of out, otherwise it is unlikely any kind of satisfactory resolution will be made.

---

Bear, I'm not entirely sure what the currently sort of power levels are riding at at the moment (we seem to be in the process of ditching them) but bear in mind that power levels of 100000 upwards were not seen until the Ginyu force saga, and they were supposedly the elite of the universe. I think since we are in the process of ditching power levels, let us just say that Hammer is more or less on the same level as those he entered the HTC with, although he can obviously power up (i.e. for final attacks and such).

As for King Kai, well, he lives in a magic realm where death doesn't particularly have a meaning, so it wouldn't be completely ridiculous for him to have gotten himself a new planet at some point, and maybe his life back. I don't know. It's not a particularly important point.

Master Rudy
30th May 2011, 05:52 AM
Rudy, you DID kinda step into this yourself: You knew before your last post that Van has some split-personality deal that makes him go apeshit around Saiyans (You saw it when he turned and attacked Kura out of nowhere before Chita showed up.). And yet you responded to the matter by not only giving Shitagi some potentially-fatal injuries following up Rothax's departure, but also by having him first literally say in big fatass bold letters that he is Vegeta during the fight. Vegeta is a pretty popular name in the not-at-all-small circle of anti-Saiyan races in the DBZverse.

Meh....I got to say yes and no on that matter Blade. I myself as a person/writer know of Van's issues. Shitagi however does not have every last detail in regards to why Van snapped. All he knows is the minor little tidbit he heard from Zaito. I myself know but Shitagi doesn't.....it's kind of the same idea involved with D&D/tabletop RPG's in which the GM gets involved with a player character. A good GM will stick to the rules despite it being his campaign. That in itself is sometimes very hard to do when you have advanced knowledge of what's coming. A bad GM will avoid traps, encounters and get all the best loot with little or no effort on their part. In the case of traps if you do EXACTLY what they just did then expect to trigger it without fail. I've played with both types. Shouldn't take much to figure out the second type is the one that isn't fun to play with. Anyway for me to play and react to what I know BEFORE my character knows it would be really overstepping the boundries of what is and isn't acceptable. It doesn't matter if I was the GM or just a player. If I have advanced knowledge of something I should do the best I can to avoid reacting to it in character. And let's be honest here.....even if I DIDN'T use the name Vegeta in character then something else would have likely made Van snap. Shitagi is wearing Goku's kanji and the royal crest. Considering Van's got quite the history I've no doubt he's seen at least one of the two symbols and would have eventually made the connection. Also don't forget that Shitagi has his tail as well. In fact on a somewhat unrelated note it's such an obvious sign that he's got Saiyan blood that I'm still very confused over the fact that people want to call him, Victoria (or any Saiyan in general) a human. It'd be an understandable mistake on the part of characters in the original anime if they didn't know the history of Goku and company. Not so much in this RPG.

Hypothetically let's say I did everything I could to have Shitagi avoid exposing his Saiyan herritage to Van knowing that it could make Van go nuts at any moment. I myself obviously know this but Shitagi didn't know the details for Van "not being himself" at that point. I have no doubt that several of you would call me out on that one.

As for the injuries Blade are you seriously calling me out for giving Shitagi a potentially serious injury in that battle? I myself am trying to avoid power levels at this point but the bottom line is that had I still been using them it'd be Shitagi around 30-35K against Rothax who is easily over 100K. Plus you yourself have said that he can go OVER 300K? If I had Shitagi come out of it in pretty decent shape I've no doubt you'd be calling foul over that. Instead it almost seems like you are essentially calling foul over the fact that I shouldn't have made Shitagi injured due to the fact that Van could go crazy at the drop of a hat.

I'll admit that the combination of things in recent posts as Shitagi has put him in a very bad situation. However when I first started to make those posts the last thing I even considered happening was the fact that Van could turn on me at any moment. When you take the RPG as a whole into account it's still a very recent development and as a result I doubt it's the first thing that comes to anyone's mind when they think of Van.

Go ahead.....call me an idiot for not considering what could potentially happen with Van. As you put it Blade I made have "steped into this myself" but hear me out: if I didn't have Shitagi come away with some kind of injury (especially since things are suppose to be getting far more serious) you'd have no doubt said something about it. I'm not even going to get any deeper in regards to Van's apparent issue with Saiyans, Shitagi not knowing this, ect. All I'm going to say is that it's happened once so far. Had it happened more than once and I went out of my way to do things to avoid triggering his hatred of Saiyans when Shitagi doesn't know these things then I have no doubt you'd be bringing that up.

Overall I'm really feeling like this situation is quickly becoming a major case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" :-/

Now, in regards to the current situation, Rudy put a certain level of faith in other people by leaving his character completely defenceless, much like I have left mine basically in the hands of Asi and Kuro at the moment. MoP, your post, especially if you have failed to contacted Rudy outside of the RPG in order to at least seek his thoughts on the matter, seem to have basically put Shitagi in a no-win situation against Rudy's wishes. Granted, we have been talking of taking it to the next level, to have characters die off and such, but at the end of the day, it is still the decision of that character's player to decide if and when he/she dies.

Now, unless another character (at this stage, most likely Basawe or Hammer) steps in, since they are currently on their way somewhere and could be convinced to change course somehow, then it looks likely Shitagi is fucked. Evidently, this is not in line with Rudy's wishes. I suggest you perhaps revise the situation or at least give Shitagi some kind of out, otherwise it is unlikely any kind of satisfactory resolution will be made.

I want to make one thing clear Heald (and clear to everyone for that matter). I do not have problems with getting killed in RPG's. I've been the guy that's died first (or close to it) in previous DB RPG's before. Obviously I had no issues with Victoria since her getting killed was my plan from the moment she came into play. Therefore minimal communication between me and Blade as the moment drew closer wasn't much of an issue.

In regards to the situation with Shitagi/Van however there was zero communication. I've already covered my feelings on what would have happened if Shitagi wasn't injured, on what could have happened if I played to avoid triggering Van's transformation, ect. The main reason I even considered making the rib injury more serious was because Blade flat out had Shitagi using higher levels of Kaio-Ken once he was injured (not blaming you Blade.....just pointing things out ^_~). All things considered it would have been totally in Shitagi's character to fight at a level that would have made Shitagi's injury worse for two reasons: he'll do what it takes to win and he'll sometimes do things without thinking about the long term. He's gotten better with the Kaio-Ken due to his time in the HTC but considering the circumstances of that battle just trying to stay alive in the short term and risking higher levels would have made him not think about the long term.

Now if I hadn't laid the groundwork for Shitagi being in trouble by making the internal bleeding worse thanks to Kaio-Ken overuse then I'd have no problems with what happened. However this whole situation pretty much stemmed and blew up from a lack of communication and Shitagi winding up in what boils down to a "fight or die" situation. I tried to handle it the best I could giving the circumstances but apparently it still was disrespectful to MoP's character as it was "insulting" and "cheating" :-/

With all that out of the way I have this to say: the longer we keep going back and forth like this then the longer it's going to take to come to a decent compromise (not to mention the previous heated disagreements have no doubt made a few people reclutant to post). You want my opinion on the matter? I'll say both me and MoP are equally at fault.

MoP is at fault for essentially putting Shitagi in a no-win situation without talking to me first. I'll be the first to admit that I don't always consult folks folks myself when I suddenly get a case of "HEY! Wouldn't this be awesome?!" I'm quick to edit and ajust things however and the one thing I don't do is put the lives of people's characters at risk. In some extreme cases I weight a character's abilities and what I know about them before taking an action. In these cases I may act without asking but anything I do is not irreversable. Recently I had Shitagi blind third form Rothax in one eye. From Blade's description however I gathered that losing one eye would be very minor due to his other heightened senses. Plus as we all know by now he's like Frieza: when he transforms he regenerates his injuries. Now unless Blade has changed something recently I do remember way back near the start of this RPG that he mentioned that Rothax has FIVE forms. Therefore he can regenerate that eye. If he has reconned it to three forms it's still no problem: Vegeta lost an eye in the Saiyan Saga after all and managed to regenerate it in a healing tank.

In regards to me I myself am at fault for leaving the door open in the first place. In this case the key issue on my part and main trigger for what happened in the first place was Shitagi embracing his family history and using the name Vegeta. If I didn't do that then I've no doubt the royal crest would have come into play instead. In hindsight those are easily the two things that would trigger Van's evil side the most.

With all that said I say that we shouldn't push the matter anymore and point fingers. In my opinion the best thing to do is give MoP a chance to respond towards all this and start working towards a compromise so that we can keep the story flowing and avoid another stall out.

Bear
30th May 2011, 09:06 PM
Well the reason I brought up the power levels I did was to make these final encounters a bit more believable. I was thinking Retasu and Basawe could also have reached the 50k mark or so as part of the HTC training, but the number I chose was mostly arbitrary. Since Blade mentioned Rothax had something along the lines of an astounding 347,000 power level, and Rudy's character pushing 100k+ with his Kaio Ken, it's only fair for the rest of us (not just myself) to have a shot at our characters being strong enough to be even on the SCOPE. I mean, How are a bunch of 25,000s going to do ANYTHING against a monstrosity of 300k+, even all attacking together? I was just trying to bring it to a level where it would be conceivable that these fighters could do more than just get squashed, ya know?

By all means, if anyone else has a clearer picture of where we all are (or should be), please let me know. I was not intending to make Hammer stronger than the others (which he isn't) I was just trying to close the gap a bit between the good and bad guys to make the final fight more believable.

Blademaster
31st May 2011, 12:54 AM
Holy fucking tl;dr...

...Uh, ahem, yes Bear, well... I suppose I should clarify that Rothax going to 347,000 is akin to Frieza going 100%: It will make him as powerful as he can become, but it will take him some time and strain to get to that level, and it will also cause him to start bleeding out power after a little while. For the most part, he's going to stay in the area he's at now, which is about half that.

Speaking of Rothax, his fourth and fifth forms haven't been retconned out, but considering he's already leagues ahead of even the Ginyu Force, I'm hesitant to go crazy and have him keep going higher, so those last 2 forms are not exactly clear to me. His final one will of course be the one the Dragonballs give him, but between now and then he still has one more form, which will likely just be a buffer and more battle-damaged version of himself (not at all like Frieza and Cell, because I'm original) that can clear that last hurdle of going from 200,000 to 350,000... for a few minutes.

...What, did you think I was just gonna overpower the fuck out of my character without any good reason? That's Rudy's and Paradox's department, not mine. :D

Bear
31st May 2011, 08:37 AM
Don't like how the most recent post utilized your character? Make an IN CHARACTER post that continues the flow of action and redirects your character toward something more befitting your image.

The less time you spend being angry and stressed over this RPG, the more time you have to spend pondering the next post and continuing the action. There is no way this thread should have more activity than the RPG itself.

Heald
31st May 2011, 12:20 PM
So it's been a week since I last posted for Zaito and Shimuto. I am going to bring in a recommended time of 7 days within you are given to reply to a post that your character is involved in before the person who made that original post may choose to move the story along. If you know you are going to be completely unable to meet this, then please state in this thread what you would at least like your character to do, or what considerations should be made by anyone posting in a post that you character is involved in. Any other players should at least bear these in mind. However, if both of you want to kill or at least do an awesome attack on a character, the person posting can take precedence, since he is the one actually posting. I would recommend to people posting to please leave it a week before they post again unless someone in the same place/part of the story as them posts as well. If you don't post and the story has moved on too far for you to retcon anything, sorry but that's life. You can still retcon/amend events that immediately lead up to your post though if you want to better reflect what your character would have done.

So, Asi, Kuro and Mystic, I will be posting this week for both of my characters. It'll probably be a couple more days but just warning you.

Anyway, it seems like Hammer is coming to Shitagi's rescue, but in future I would really rather people would at least ask people before they post if they are intending to put them in no-win situations, or at least situations that their characters are very unlikely to get out of, otherwise, either they will be unhappy, or they will just do something similar to you. Not particularly ideal.

Bear
3rd June 2011, 09:51 AM
Just FYI with my wedding coming up next saturday and final preparations to be made, I won't be able to make any posts after Tuesday. I won't return from my honeymoon until after the 21st so that puts me out of action for basically two weeks. I can post one more time before I am gone but only if Shitagi and Van get a post up to continue that action. If not, it'll have to wait til I'm back. Also if you're intending to post something I need to respond to, please do so before the 8th or be prepared to wait a while for it. I appreciate the understanding from everyone.

Master Rudy
7th June 2011, 02:38 AM
Just FYI with my wedding coming up next saturday and final preparations to be made, I won't be able to make any posts after Tuesday. I won't return from my honeymoon until after the 21st so that puts me out of action for basically two weeks. I can post one more time before I am gone but only if Shitagi and Van get a post up to continue that action. If not, it'll have to wait til I'm back. Also if you're intending to post something I need to respond to, please do so before the 8th or be prepared to wait a while for it. I appreciate the understanding from everyone.

Holy crap James....had no clue your wedding was that close. Hope everything goes well for you man.

As for myself it's been a crazy week. First real chance I've had to get online. Gonna catch myself up on everything and see about getting a post up sometime over the next 24 hours. While I'll be around just be aware that like James I myself will be scarce over the coming month. I've been grabbing extra hours at work in much the same way that a fat man at a buffet would grab fourths or fifths. Not only that but I've been busy helping my parents with their move. At some point in the next month we'll need to move the TV's/computers over to the new place. Once that moment comes I myself might be out of commission for a few days while everything is getting set up there (no net/no XBL).

Kuro Espeon
7th June 2011, 09:23 AM
I'm working on a post. I'll try to have it up before Thursday, since that's when I'll be heading up to ol' New Jersey for my BIG BROTHER'S WEDDING HOLY CRAAAAP!! Anyway, I'll be back some time on Sunday. BUT like I said, I will try to post before that to leave Blade and Heald something to work with.

Although, I have a quick question for Blade. I'm not sure if things got messed up in the Dragonball count or not, but were you intending for Kura to have the Dragonball or Retasu? I think in the original thread Kura had a Dragonball in her possession initially, but I can't honestly remember if she gave it to Retasu at some point. o_o I'm cool with either way, I was just curious.

Blademaster
7th June 2011, 12:43 PM
Retasu has it. Chita and Rothax not knowing which "female Saiyan" holds it is merely a lucky break on our heroes' part.

Bear
7th June 2011, 01:09 PM
Ok so just a reminder my last day to post is tonight so if you're gonna involve me in something and need me to reply DO EET NAOW [/ahnold]

Master Rudy
8th June 2011, 05:41 AM
Not sure if you're able to read this James but I've got mine up. Would have got it up sooner but I was still debating reusing the first half of my original post.

At worst I'll try to pad things out and drag the Van/Shitagi encounter if I need to but it's really starting to get hard to have Shitagi able to believably be able to fight :lol:

Bear
8th June 2011, 08:18 AM
Alright I'll hop in there if it's ok with MoP.

Kuro Espeon
8th June 2011, 11:42 PM
*claps hands together* There! I got the post up like I said! Now I'm outtie until Sunday, bitches! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Master Rudy
16th June 2011, 06:15 AM
Well with Blade gone due to computer issues, James out due to getting married (grats again bro) and MoP being MIA since the 30th I think it's safe to say things are going to slow up a bit. I may look into a post from Shitagi's POV on his rescue but other than that I don't have much to work with right now. Therefore I just suggest we all take a slight break for the time being. I figure all of us will be back and accounted for by the end of the month ^_~

Blademaster
16th June 2011, 05:20 PM
I'm right here dumbass.

Master Rudy
16th June 2011, 11:55 PM
Computer is fucked again. May be gone for awhile. Sorry about that.

Had me fooled..... :P

Blademaster
17th June 2011, 02:00 PM
Today's the 17th.

Dumbass.

Asilynne
17th June 2011, 06:30 PM
I will be MIA for a bit since I'm going through a 6 week long training session with my job and my household is moving at the end of this month. I may be around TPM at brief intervals every once in awhile but I don't have the time or energy for something awesome like a post.

Bear
20th June 2011, 09:13 PM
I'm back now bee tee dubs. I think I'll hold off on another Hammer post until Rudy gets one up, since it would appear the fight is over.

Master Rudy
21st June 2011, 11:31 PM
I'm back now bee tee dubs. I think I'll hold off on another Hammer post until Rudy gets one up, since it would appear the fight is over.

Well I was mainly waiting on you but it looks like I'm not going to have anything to add unless I start posting from Other World since MoP apparently decided to kill off Shitagi WITHOUT MY INPUT! :-/

Guess that'll be the last time I attempt to work with someone who disagrees with a post I made.......I know Shitagi was fairly beat up there but seriously come on! It's not like I went out and killed any playable characters without asking :-/

Blademaster
21st June 2011, 11:42 PM
MoP and Blade apparently decided to kill off Shitagi WITHOUT MY INPUT! :-/

and Blade

Excuse me, but it's been over 24 hours. You were here earlier today. You didn't post anything here or there, so I just went along with what MoP posted because I figured as soon as you saw it you'd mention it if you didn't approve.

Master Rudy
22nd June 2011, 12:06 AM
Excuse me, but it's been over 24 hours. You were here earlier today. You didn't post anything here or there, so I just went along with what MoP posted because I figured as soon as you saw it you'd mention it if you didn't approve.

Well I'm sorry about throwing your name in the mix Blade. I mainly read that and instantly got very worked up as I'm sure you can imagine. Personally I didn't even get a chance to read MoP's post as I wound up getting called into work before I even had a chance to look things over. The past 30 minutes or so is actually the first chance I've had to sit down and take time for myself all day. Needless to say I think it goes without saying that I'm very displeased over this.

MoP.....I attempted to work with you on this issue you had with my last post involving Van. I got no reply from you as you had been offline for a few weeks following that incident. With nothing to work with and the story moving forward I did the best I could and used my original post minus the part where Shitagi escaped on his own power. James had Hammer come in for the save just prior to his wedding/honeymoon. With the two of you gone I figured I at least had a little time so I haven't been actively checking TPM this past weekend. Needless to say had I caught this post on Monday you can bet your ass I would have spoken up then. The worst part is you didn't even make an attempt to address the previous issues we were having. You simply moved on like nothing happened. Then without talking to me you decided all on your own that Shitagi was going to die there.

I understand not everyone is always going to agree on RPG posting and how others handle their character. You however have taken it too far MoP. It's one thing when two people discuss a player character getting killed off or a GM of an RPG says "hey I think it's time for X to die." It's a completely different matter when you decide on your own that you are going to take the fate and life of someone else's character into your own hands without bothering to consult them first.

The sheer fact that you complained about my last post and then turn around and do this just shows you are nothing more than a hypocrite. What sets us apart is the fact that I was at least willing to work with you and that I would NEVER go as far as killing someone off or giving them a permanent injury. Oh and before you bring up the situation with Rothax's eye bear in mind that this is a world where many serious injuries can be shrugged off by various means (healing tanks, senzu beans, healing upon transformation, ect). You simply just turned around and have done something that I deem to be far worse.

Anyway I'm done talking about this matter. I've already sent a PM to Heald. I'm going to let him decide how this will play out.

Blademaster
22nd June 2011, 12:56 AM
OK, as bad of an idea as this probably is, I'm stepping in because, in case you've forgotten, I have some say here too.

...That being said, I used my say to go a bit too far.

Paradox was only CONSIDERING Shitagi's death. The one that gave him the push to do it outright was me, because the RPG had hit a standstill and I wanted to see somebody post. And with MoP basically saying "Fuck this." on the matter, I more or less left him with no other option. He actually was content to just jump ship from the RPG and me giving him the go-ahead to deep-six you was what kept him from leaving.

Keep that in mind before you have Heald step in and start banning people or whatever. Because I have a feeling Paradox is gonna get his shit wrecked within a day or so.

That being said, you probably wanna know WHY Shitagi was a prime candidate to die. The simple answer is that, in spite of what you think, Shitagi is a Mary Sue and his tl;dr power-trip posts are honestly NOT that fun to work with. Let's take a look at everyone active in the RPG and discuss their handicaps and strengths:

RETASU:
Strength: Pure Saiyan blood and instinct. Power level 20,000~.
Weakness: Not that powerful, can't fight as well against Rothax's goons and so uses stealth tactics to get what she wants.

KURA:
Strength: Same as Retasu. Power level unknown due to Zenkai but likely not very different from Retasu's.
Weakness: Not a fan of fighting unless its Spinarak or she's left with no choice.

GAMMA:
Strength: Doesn't give off energy readings. Has a computerized brain.
Weakness: Can be snapped in half by Rothax and probably Shimuto and Bandlim; is not very active.

ZAITO:
Strength: Meditative training and temporary intangibility.
Weakness: lol human, lowest power of the 8 Z-Fighters.

HAMMER:
Strength: Meditative training and great power inherited from his family line. Power level exceeding 30,000 and may be double that in dire situations.
Weakness: Higher power usage exhausts him; is not very active.

VAN:
Strength: Can transform into a form exceeding even Hammer's strength.
Weakness: Is amnesiac and uncontrollably schizophrenic around Saiyans, obsesses over the Dragonballs to the point that he'll die for them, transforming drains him and drops his power to a paltry 3,000.

BASAWE:
Strength: Saiyan. Can increase his power in 2 different ways; power level over 20,000.
Weakness: Disease that cripples him at almost every moment, cannot increase his power in both ways at once or risk dying, low self-confidence keeps his base power from surpassing its current point on any meaningful level.

SHITAGI:
Strength: Half-Saiyan, descended from Goku, Vegeta, and Bulma, can increase base power with further training, power level 20,000~, can increase power level up to tenfold, as intelligent as Bulma, as righteously powerful as Goku, and is the heir to the Saiyan throne like Vegeta.
Weakness: Immense power increase can injure him.

Do you see the difference, Rudy? I know you mentioned before that Heald or I could slap some sense into you if you went too far before, but I'm not gonna stand idly by while Paradox gets hung from the gallows for giving a very annoying character what he has coming.

And no, I'm not saying that being annoying is grounds for murder. But Paradox and I very quickly grew tired of Shitagi's constant involvement with EVERYTHING. Fighting Rothax, his mom salvaging vital shit from West City as it was destroyed, his mom trashing Rothax's ship, his mom just in general, Shitagi inheriting the Saiyan throne, Shitagi having the Goku attitude and the matching ability to randomly power up to impossible levels whenever the story calls for it. You even tried to shoehorn him and his mom into Asi's business. When nearly HALF the RPG cast is having issues with your character turning the 'S' in DBSU from 'Spirit' to 'Shitagi,' sometimes action has to be taken.

Now I doubt the action taken here will be permanent. But I'd personally like it if it woke you up a bit and stopped the whole thought process going on in this thread of 'You RP your way and I'll RP mine and we'll all work everything out.' Because as you're hopefully now seeing, that 'working out' can come back and bite you in the ass if you don't heed other people's issues.

And even though I egged on Paradox's sniping of Shitagi, I'm not totally defending him either. His 'Screw you guys I'm going home.' attitude the past few weeks didn't make me happy to hear, either.

Now, with all that being said, and everything on the table, let's see how things go from here.

Now if you'll excuse me, my macaroni is cold and I have a driving test tomorrow, so I'm out of here. I apologize for what happened to both you and Paradox, but I hope that when I get back here tomorrow I see good news. This shit is getting old.

Heald
22nd June 2011, 01:28 AM
And no, I'm not saying that being annoying is grounds for murder. But Paradox and I very quickly grew tired of Shitagi's constant involvement with EVERYTHING. Fighting Rothax, his mom salvaging vital shit from West City as it was destroyed, his mom trashing Rothax's ship, his mom just in general, Shitagi inheriting the Saiyan throne, Shitagi having the Goku attitude and the matching ability to randomly power up to impossible levels whenever the story calls for it. You even tried to shoehorn him and his mom into Asi's business. When nearly HALF the RPG cast is having issues with your character turning the 'S' in DBSU from 'Spirit' to 'Shitagi,' sometimes action has to be taken.
Now, you see, this was never actually raised with me, so frankly, I'm a little pissed off that you and MoP decided to make a decision that you knew would so obviously piss off one of the other members of the game without even alerting me that you would do this. I don't particularly care for your reasoning behind it, the fact that you didn't even tell me about any of what was mentioned in the above paragraph.

This is not something I particularly want to deal with right now, mainly because I literally have to step out the door and go to work. I will be back to deal with this later this evening, and unless you three can work out your differences in that short time frame (unlikely, since you've had a month to work this out and still decided to act behind everyone else's backs) then I'm fixing it.

Master Rudy
22nd June 2011, 04:05 AM
Well I guess we're simply going to have to wait on Heald on this one as this situation has gone from a situation that I thought was over and done with to one that's got me, MoP and Blade pissed at one another for one reason or another. That being said I do want to address a few things.

Blade you are saying that at least half the cast is having issues with me? Obviously I'm seeing the issues you and MoP are having. I can understand Bran having issues when we got things underway again but as far as I'm concerned/know those issues have been addressed and there have been no other issues between us in this RPG. What I want to know is this:

Who else aside from Blade/MoP is having a problem with me and why haven't you spoken up?

Yes I'm calling you guys out on this. If anyone else is having an issue then it's news to me as no one has said a word about it. How does one fix a problem is there don't know there's a problem to begin with? The bottom line is that if there is an issue then something needs to be said. If no one speaks up it's highly likely folks are going to assume everything is ok.

As for calling Shitagi a Mary Sue I'd say he's far from perfect. For one he has lost to Rothax badly on at least two occassions as well as potentially alienated Retasu. Yes I'll admit: I had him figure out Retasu was seeking the Dragon Balls for her own purposes once she started to exibit behaviors that started to clash with her character (which was even pointed on several occassions by Basawe mind you). However despite having a friendly nature I'm sure you've gathered that Shitagi doesn't exactly have people skills since he accused Retasu with no proof. All he had was word of mouth and a gut feeling to go on. I purposely left that paticular situation open so that Bran could either roll with it and come clean or come to start hating Shitagi (not that her character needed much motivation in that area since he's the heir from the "female side" of the family). In regards to Victoria she was introduced with the sole purpose of having her killed off as a way of showing Shitagi that the situation was extremely serious (not to mention giving him a personal stake in the battle). Finally Shitagi may be a bit of a gear head but so far you guys have only seen him with Earth technology. If he somehow gets himself onto Rothax's ship without turning into a snack he isn't going to know a damn thing about the ship (not to mention he's got that fear of mechanical flight). In the event we somehow get to a sequel (which to my eyes is looking sadly unlikely) then expect him to be totally out of his element if the action shifts to Planet Vegeta for any reason. Finally in regards to how good of a fighter he is has it not been clear that I've been hinting that he believes Basawe to be a better natural fighter? I've been hoping you'd pick up on it Blade but it seems that you haven't. I had actually been looking forward to having Basawe play Goku to my Vegeta and start surpassing Shitagi to the point where he's always one step ahead in training. Shitagi's reaction would have been playful and friendly at first but despite Shitagi's talk of power levels not being the most important thing I would have eventually been willing to work in the frustration aspect of being the prince but being weaker than someone else. Granted it wouldn't have been to the point of "I must kill Kakarot!" but it would have been obvious that he wasn't exactly happy at being surpassed.

Anyway let's just focus on getting this whole situation worked out for now. Normally I'd say let's keep it in PM's but this is starting to get to the point where I feel it's going to seriously start affecting everyone as well as the RPG itself if we can't come to terms that everyone will be happy with. Yes I know....Heald said he'd lay down the law so to speak but I know he's got a bit on his plate so I'd personally like to avoid throwing this into his lap if possible. Therefore let's actually use the lounge for it's purpose of discussing the RPG and figure something out.

According to you Blade apparently MoP is done with this if he doesn't get to kill Shitagi. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've got no problems with Shitagi's death. What I do have a problem with is the way it's going down. When this RPG started I figured if anyone died it would be at the hands of Rothax, Shimuto or any of the other various named villian NPC's who have been shown to be good fighters (in fact had it not been for the fact that Zenkai came up in a discussion I would have thought for sure that Kura had bought the farm in the battle with Chita)

With all that being said do either of you have suggestions for moving things along that don't involve a character death at this point or what pretty much amounts to a rage quit?

Bear
22nd June 2011, 10:13 AM
You people are fucking ridiculous. Really? Are we doing this now? Are we threatening to leave RPGs, report people, get people banned, etc because we're pissy over how someone posted with our character?

GET THE FUCK OVER IT

This petty bullshit has gone on long enough, and despite my best efforts to keep things civil, we are still bickering over minor qualms instead of devoting our energy to IC posts.

Rudy - This is FUCKING DRAGONBALL. You know damn well your character will be wished back eventually. Why don't you use this opportunity as a challenge to do something DIFFERENT with your character for a while and expand your writing skills rather than INCESSANTLY BITCH about things? Jesus tittyfucking Christ...

Blade - Getting involved with MoP in secret over Rudy's character was not the right thing to do. You should be adult enough to include Rudy in the conversation, and hash out your issues together rather than giving up and saying "we're tired of Rudy doing (x, y, z) so fuck it let's just do it this way. I don't care if you two have complete opposite opinions on what should/shouldn't happen, and I don't care that you two don't get along. You're both in your mid-twenties, and as such should be mature enough to respect each others' opinions.

Heald - Don't even waste your time getting involved with this. Exerting your GMfluence will only exacerbate the situation and polarize the RPers against each other. Blade and Rudy and MoP are not children, and you should not hold their hands as such and intervene in their problems. If they can't resolve their issues man-to-man, solving it FOR them will not garner any progress. In my opinion, this is one fight you should stay out of, because it will only end in your own frustration.

ANYWAY, I've already made an in-character post continuing the plot, and acknowledging Shitagi's death, and I am not prepared to edit said post. Shitagi is dead, Shitagi will be wished back later undoubtedly, DEAL THE FUCK WITH IT.

I apologize for the harshness of my post, but you guys left me with no other choice. This RPG is GOING SOMEWHERE, and I am not prepared to let it be destroyed by the most minute of trivialities. I love and respect each and every one of you equally, so try your best not to be offended by my post, and take it as a friend giving you constructive criticism. I am quite comfortable in my role as a big brother, so that is how I view things.

Heald
22nd June 2011, 01:01 PM
Bear, I respect your input but when my PM inbox gets gradually filled up by requests to intervene, I am obliged to at least step in.

I'm not going to ret-con anything now, whilst I could, I am hoping that either MoP and Rudy can either come to some kind of agreement on this, or otherwise Rudy accepts that Shitagi is toast and re-evaluates his character's direction.

Blade, on the other hand, I am rather unhappy with a lot of what's been said.

For a start, you never once told me that MoP was going to leave the RPG, nor that the only thing that would keep him in it would be to let his character murder another player's character without that player's permission. If I was presented that ultimatum for ANY of my RPG's players, in any RPG, I'd show them the door, because there is no room for an ultimatum like that in any RPG.

That being said, you probably wanna know WHY Shitagi was a prime candidate to die. The simple answer is that, in spite of what you think, Shitagi is a Mary Sue and his tl;dr power-trip posts are honestly NOT that fun to work with. Let's take a look at everyone active in the RPG and discuss their handicaps and strengths
This is not a good reason to kill off a character. If you felt so strongly about Rudy's character, you should raise it with him in the first instance and with me in the second, not take it upon yourself to convince another player to kill him off.

Character deaths are key-points of stories, and should be used to develop the plot, not used to get rid of characters you find annoying (which appears, in this case, to be largely the reason why you pushed MoP to pull the trigger).

Do you see the difference, Rudy? I know you mentioned before that Heald or I could slap some sense into you if you went too far before, but I'm not gonna stand idly by while Paradox gets hung from the gallows for giving a very annoying character what he has coming.You find the character annoying Blade. I personally felt Shitagi was contributing a lot to the RPG. I admit that there have been some Mary-Sueish aspects to the characters, but I was content letting Shitagi be the Goku of the RPG, and I have always been telling Rudy (usually by PM) when to edit his posts, and likewise he has PMed me to okay certain ideas with me before he posts them. I also fail to see how Hammer saving Shitagi's ass counts as Paradox getting hung from the gallows.

Now I doubt the action taken here will be permanent. But I'd personally like it if it woke you up a bit and stopped the whole thought process going on in this thread of 'You RP your way and I'll RP mine and we'll all work everything out.' Because as you're hopefully now seeing, that 'working out' can come back and bite you in the ass if you don't heed other people's issues.Sorry, but I fail to see how Rudy offering to meet MoP halfway, only for you to go behind everyone's backs and convince MoP to disregard everything said in this thread counts as 'working things out'.

Now if you'll excuse me, my macaroni is cold and I have a driving test tomorrow, so I'm out of here. I apologize for what happened to both you and Paradox, but I hope that when I get back here tomorrow I see good news. This shit is getting old.And this is classic Blade. Blade, you created this 'shit' and now you're hoping everyone else fixes it whilst you eat cold macaroni and go off terrorising pedestrians.

Blade, you have not handed this well. Not only that, you have played favourites and you have worked towards creating divisions between players rather than trying to resolve them. The latter you have succeeded in doing. It is for this reason that I am no longer happy for you to take executive-level decisions any more for this RPG. Carry on as you are with Rothax's side, but everyone else I get the final say on if it is raised.

---

Bear, as for your in-game post, please note that Kuji and Hammer are on their way to West City, if they are not there already (although it is planned they take a diversion to Chita's fight once that has been finished), either way, they will not be at the Lookout.

---

MoP, I don't want you to leave this RPG, Van adds a great dimension to the characters and he would be missed, but any issues you have need to be resolved in the open in future. If Rudy is content to allow Shitagi to move onto the Spirit World, and some kind of plan is hashed out to bring him back (preferably in this RPG), then awesome. Either way, since the RPG is now picking up speed, the last thing I want to do is have to bring it back, but the final decision rests with you Rudy. I will never force any of my players to make such decisions about their characters without their input on the matter.

Bear
22nd June 2011, 01:51 PM
Oh ok, I did not remember that they left the Lookout. I can edit my post a bit for continuity, but I still think I should make the Lookout my destination because taking a dead body and another unconscious one to West City, where a battle is raging, is the smartest idea. Perhaps Hammer could use that nifty little telepathy thing that Nameks use to talk to each other at key points in the story to ask Kuji and Furuto (I assumed you meant him but typed Hammer instead) to return to the Lookout? I'm not sure how you want it to progress, but just let me know so I know how to proceed with my next post. I'll edit my post a tiny bit to keep the consistency of Kuji not being at the Lookout at the moment.

As for the other stuff, I understand. May the force be with you!

Blademaster
22nd June 2011, 02:00 PM
Well this isn't what I expected.

Finally in regards to how good of a fighter he is has it not been clear that I've been hinting that he believes Basawe to be a better natural fighter?

Evidently as clear as it's been that I've been hinting as to otherwise.

Blade - Getting involved with MoP in secret over Rudy's character was not the right thing to do. You should be adult enough to include Rudy in the conversation, and hash out your issues together rather than giving up and saying "we're tired of Rudy doing (x, y, z) so fuck it let's just do it this way. I don't care if you two have complete opposite opinions on what should/shouldn't happen, and I don't care that you two don't get along. You're both in your mid-twenties, and as such should be mature enough to respect each others' opinions.

I agree and I apologize.

For a start, you never once told me that MoP was going to leave the RPG, nor that the only thing that would keep him in it would be to let his character murder another player's character without that player's permission.

Look, I don't wanna throw anybody under the bus here, but I never told you because I didn't know until about an hour before MoP's last post. This isn't something that was PLANNED OUT. I saw that the RPG had stalled due to the wedding, I was getting antsy, I asked Paradox to post, he was still mad at Rudy and not really into the RPG anymore, I suggested he give Rudy the same treatment that Rudy had given him, and he posted.

If you felt so strongly about Rudy's character, you should raise it with him in the first instance and with me in the second, not take it upon yourself to convince another player to kill him off.

Look I know what I did wasn't right, but in my defense, Shitagi's Sueism HAS been mentioned before and subsequently been brushed off.

Character deaths are key-points of stories

Again, not saying I was right, but in Dragonball, death holds a LOT less weight than in other media.

I also fail to see how Hammer saving Shitagi's ass counts as Paradox getting hung from the gallows.

The 'hanging from the gallows' part is what I assumed would happen to Paradox when all the angry posts started here. That's why I stepped in: so he wouldn't be unfairly e-stoned to death for something that was partially because of me.

Sorry, but I fail to see how Rudy offering to meet MoP halfway, only for you to go behind everyone's backs and convince MoP to disregard everything said in this thread counts as 'working things out'.

And this is classic Blade. Blade, you created this 'shit' and now you're hoping everyone else fixes it whilst you eat cold macaroni and go off terrorising pedestrians.

Blade, you have not handed this well. Not only that, you have played favourites and you have worked towards creating divisions between players rather than trying to resolve them. The latter you have succeeded in doing. It is for this reason that I am no longer happy for you to take executive-level decisions any more for this RPG. Carry on as you are with Rothax's side, but everyone else I get the final say on if it is raised.

OK, NOW you're getting a bit personal. I admit yet AGAIN that I'm in the wrong here, but it's not like I twirled my moustache and laughed when Shitagi died. I offered it as a suggestion and didn't think of the consequences until it was too late, and I'm sorry for that. And I didn't play favorites. Paradox told me he'd lost interest in the RPG and I didn't know how else to get him to come back, so I made a hasty suggestion that, yes, I should have thought through further before giving him. I didn't wanna divide anybody.

And as much as I really DON'T wanna end this post on a hostile note, what do you mean by 'executive-level decisions?' I haven't had any say in ANYTHING. Nobody tells me anything, sends me PM's, gives me the go-ahead or the shut up on anything I do. All I've done is make posts and offer suggestions; most of these suggestions have been either worked into the story or resolved. ONE of them went bad.

Heald
22nd June 2011, 02:19 PM
I appreciate you admit what you did was wrong, and that you've seen how stupid it was. That was a post I didn't want to make and frankly never want to make again. I apologise for getting personal, but I felt really let down by what I read this morning. I'm angry by the fact that I had to intervene for the second time in a situation I considered resolved, but disappointed that you played a part in this. I want to put it behind us and move on. Finally, I apologise for misinterpreting your previous posts, it made you out to be far more malicious than you actually are and I retract my allegations of such.

---

Bear - Sorry I meant Furuto. Anyway, yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

Bear
22nd June 2011, 02:40 PM
OK WE ALL FRIEND NOW???

Blademaster
22nd June 2011, 08:33 PM
..........Heald apologized....?

...OK, then yes, we're all friends now on the grounds that the world is obviously nearing its end and I wanna die with as few regrets and vices as possible kthnxbai.

Asilynne
22nd June 2011, 08:45 PM
Oh wow...shitstorm. Um yeah >.> Just letting everyone know in the next couple of days I may be losing internet due to moving/cancelling comcast so <.< >.> Try not to kill each other? I know I've been barely in the RPG for awhile but I do plan on posting once things stabilise a bit more in the good ole RL.

Bear
22nd June 2011, 10:48 PM
god you're even SPELLING like your boyfriend now. It's STABILIZE!

;D

Blademaster
23rd June 2011, 09:51 AM
Oh wow...shitstorm. Um yeah >.> Just letting everyone know in the next couple of days I may be losing internet due to moving/cancelling comcast so <.< >.> Try not to kill each other? I know I've been barely in the RPG for awhile but I do plan on posting once things stabilise a bit more in the good ole RL.

The shitstorm has passed, dear. Maybe if you were here more than once a month you'd have noticed.

Master Rudy
24th June 2011, 04:18 AM
Well first in order to address Bear:

No offense taken over your views on the situation. I understand that this is Dragon Ball and that death is essentially a slap on the wrist. The thing I myself am worked up over is the fact that no one spoke to me about it first. Honestly I was eventually going to have Shitagi bite it anyway but I figured it'd be in a battle with Rothax or in an attempt to save someone else's ass (either Basawe or Retasu). I never expected it to go down the way it did :-/

Anyway.....still not exactly happy with the turn of events but seeing that we're rolling with it I guess I don't have much choice but to roll with it. I will say this however: if the plan was to kill off Shitagi because you guys felt he was "too powerful and sueish" then you sure have a strange way of fixing things since killing him effectively gives him easy access to KING KAI OF ALL PEOPLE!!!! :P

Seriously however if I have him do any training it'll be with Victoria.....in other words I get to play with myself :heh:

Anyway posts will be forthcoming. However since I'm dead I may not be posting with my original frequency. This is just as well since I've been pulling a ton of hours at work lately and am also in the process of a move with my family.

Heald
24th June 2011, 04:38 AM
Rudy - thank you for being able to move on, it means a lot to me. I apologise that this wasn't the direction you wanted to go in but hopefully this will help the RPG develop and move on.

Everyone - I'm off for the rest of the weekend, won't be back until Tuesday so please don't shit everything up while I'm away. kthxbai

Master Rudy
26th June 2011, 05:43 AM
Well with Heald gone I can't get an answer on this one until Tuesday. As a result I'll post the issue here as well as my suggestion on solutions since I'm sure I won't be the only one requiring a revival before this is all over.

In regards to getting brought back to life by the Dragon Balls we've seen it happen in the anime/manga in quite a few different ways. We've seen characters be brought back where their died (many times over the course of the series; most notible during the Buu Saga), where their physical body currently is (Trunks was taken to the lookout following his death), where they currently are (in Goku's case Other World) or where Shenron/Porunga was summoned (Krillin at the end of Namek; could have also been a special case since his remains had to be teleported away from Namek)

Bottom line: this is one area where the Dragon Balls seem to be VERY inconsistant so I think some kind of ground rules need to be set.

Another major inconsistancy comes with what happens when our characters die. We see Goku's body disappear in the Saiyan Saga. It's the only noted case of this happening however as bodies get totally destroyed more often than not. However it's also worth noting that at the end of the Saiyan Saga that Bulma and company took the time and effort to collect the bodies of those who died. Next time we hear about Piccolo and the others however they have their bodies in the Other World despite their physical bodies being held at Capsule Corp. This also raises the question of what happens to the original body when someone gets revived and is still in the Other World. Piccolo was one of the bodies collected and stored at CC prior to Namek. Yet when he's revived we see him alive on King Kai's planet prior to being transported to Namek.

For now if no one has any issues with it I'm going to go out on a limb and say if we die and leave a physical body behind that despite this we'll still have a spirit body in Other World. As for revival I'd like to suggest it being this: If there is still a body they come back to life wherever the body is currently located. For example let's say that the casualties before this is all over include Hammer in West City and Kura in the middle of nowhere at the place where Chita is being fought (nothing personal guys....just throwing names/locations out for an example). Upon revival we all come back at the spot where our body is (in my case I'll return at the lookout while everyone else will be where they died if their body hasn't been moved)

If the body was destroyed my suggestion is that the character gets a choice: either revived where the dragon is summoned or revived in the Other World. For this example we already have Victoria without a physical body. Let's say that Zaito and Retasu get blown to nothingness by Rothax. Upon revival Victoria and Zaito decide to be brought back where the summoning has occured. Retasu however opts to stay in Other World for extra training (let's face it.....if she gets a chance to possibly train with Vegeta she's gonna take it :P)

Anyway I think that about covers everything on my mind right now. I'm gonna hold off for at least one more day on a post to allow for reaction on Shitagi's death since I'm sure everyone capable of sensing power levels felt it occur.

That reminds me....Brandy did Retasu learn how to sense power levels while she was in the HTC or is she still exclusively using a scouter for that purpose?

Bear
26th June 2011, 09:16 AM
I'm ok with the body being revived wherever it is located at the time of revival. As long as we're all on the same page this should run pretty smoothly. I'm sure the heroes will end up with all 7 Dragonballs at SOME point in the future.

Asilynne
26th June 2011, 09:20 AM
She hasn't, although whenever I get to post I will give a brief explanation of her thought process in the HbTC which will include her actual reaction to Basawe being stronger and some more char development.
So as of right now she can't sense peoples power levels but she's starting to wonder if she is keeping herself weak by not learning from the Earth Saiyans out of pride.

Blademaster
26th June 2011, 07:08 PM
Where you died is the most sensible for me. If that place is not safe or no longer exists, then my vote goes to Other World.

Master of Paradox
26th June 2011, 09:17 PM
I will say this however: if the plan was to kill off Shitagi because you guys felt he was "too powerful and sueish" then you sure have a strange way of fixing things since killing him effectively gives him easy access to KING KAI OF ALL PEOPLE!!!! :P

I hadn't thought about that. However, since it's most likely that Shitagi's resurrection won't take place until after all action in this game is concluded, that is not exactly a concern.

...Is King Kai even alive at this point in the timeline?

Blademaster
27th June 2011, 02:44 PM
Not that I'm aware of. He's been seen with a halo since Cell blew up his planet.

Bear
28th June 2011, 07:35 AM
But we all know Dragonball, so it's entirely possible he got given his life back somewhere along the way like happens with all the heroes in the most dire situations lol.

How it plays out isn't really important to me, I just want to see us all agree to the same model and follow it. Anyone care to come up with a scenario for how/why King Kai is alive again? Or maybe we need to go a different route with this?

Master Rudy
1st July 2011, 03:31 AM
How it plays out isn't really important to me, I just want to see us all agree to the same model and follow it. Anyone care to come up with a scenario for how/why King Kai is alive again? Or maybe we need to go a different route with this?

Well the fact that he's dead at all following the use of the Dragon Balls in the Cell Saga is a mistake by Toriyama. However for the rest of the series it stuck and as a result whenever we see King Kai post Cell he's still dead. Therefore my vote is on him still being dead: most likely hanging around Other World with the likes of Goku and company.

On another note while I still love this series all the recent talk of plot holes, mistakes and inconsistancies is really starting to make me notice how poorly written DB really was/is at times (seriously Mr. Toriyama......having King Kai teach ALL the martial artists on Earth the Kaio Ken during DBO? :lol:)

Speaking of Dragon Ball Online the game saw it's beta release in Taiwan and is free to play. The good news is that this makes it possible to play without having to resort to idenity theft. The bad news is that it's in Chinese, takes a long ass time to set up and that the unofficial English patch doesn't translate a whole hell of a lot :-/

Still looks to be pretty fun however :)

Bear
1st July 2011, 09:10 AM
I guess I'll get a post up sometime in the next couple days to keep the action moving. Seems like not much else is going on and half the cast is without interwebs

Kuro Espeon
9th July 2011, 07:42 PM
Ok, our internet is back and functional! ^o^ I'll be getting a post up here in the next day or so.

Master Rudy
16th July 2011, 02:18 AM
Well I see a new post in our RPG topic.....turns out it's a spambot :P

Maybe I should try posting something. Perhaps a fight with someone, interactions with Hammer or Kura or.....oh wait. I'm dead :-/

Seriously however.....anyone posting anytime soon? Once I've got a better idea of everyone's thoughts on Shitagi's death I may be able to make a better post once I do decide who I'm going to have him contact. Right now about all I have to go on is "Hey I died! I'm in Other World! How are things going with you ______?" :P

Heald
16th July 2011, 06:11 AM
Hi guys, sorry I've been basically nowhere, my life has been pretty fucking hectic recently and I've had virtually no time or energy to devote to this, I'll try and sort something out soon as all the shit is beginning to slow down now.

Asilynne
16th July 2011, 09:54 AM
I agree with ^ After I take a test on Mon I may have more time and energy to devote to rpg...

Bear
18th July 2011, 10:34 AM
I'll try to get something up today, just to keep it going. Can't promise it'll be all that substantial though.

Kuro Espeon
27th July 2011, 08:24 PM
Ok, our internet is back and functional! ^o^ I'll be getting a post up here in the next day or so.

"the next day or so" = two weeks

^^;; Eh heh heh heh....heh...

But anyway, the post is up now!

Bear
27th July 2011, 08:39 PM
I thought kuji and furuto weren't at the Rookout?

Kuro Espeon
27th July 2011, 08:48 PM
O_o I thought Kuji still was at least. Where else would he be? If I'm wrong Heald can correct me, but for now I'm leaving the post as it is, lol.

I also wrote that presuming that Hammer arrived at the Lookout with Shitagi's body shortly before they did, but it's open to interpretation.

Bear
28th July 2011, 08:43 AM
*shrugnuts*

Bear
4th August 2011, 08:50 AM
oh gnos! Looks like Rothax is on Hammer's tail, and he's quite "put out". Seems the scene is set for a nasty encounter at the Lookout between Retasu, Kura, Zaito, Hammer, and Zaito!

One thing though, Hammer has to make it over to fight Shimuto at some point. Heald and I have something planned, so I'm not going to get Hammer involved in the spat with Rothax. Just a minor note to keep in mind over the next couple of posts. I'll follow up with Heald to make sure everything is a go.

Blademaster
4th August 2011, 05:11 PM
Fair enough.

Just don't have Rothax go WARGABRAGRLAGRARGAHBRL straight from the start. He keeps bragging about his genius. It's about time he used his head instead of his ass-kicking skills.

Kuro Espeon
4th August 2011, 05:28 PM
For some reason, when you talk about Rothax's "genius", this is what pops into my head:

YIPr23xyoZg

So now, all I can think of is Rothax speaking with a Wile E. Coyote voice saying "Suuuuper Geeenius."

Bear
4th August 2011, 08:17 PM
Oh I was fully expecting there to be a lengthy dialogue between Rothax and the crew. Although the WARGBLARGARFGFAFGAFL idea made me laugh

Kuro Espeon
30th August 2011, 10:23 PM
So uhhh....anyone still out there?

Blademaster
31st August 2011, 06:51 PM
*crickets*

Heald
8th September 2011, 12:55 PM
Right, not a lot either of my characters can do at this moment in time: Zaito is getting healed, although I could post a response to Shimuto being attached by Basawe.

That leaves Zaito, Retasu, Kura and Hammer at the Lookout to deal with the impending threat of Rothax, who should probably head him off before he gets there.

Plus Van Osiku is still out there somewhere, if you want to factor that in somehow.

Anyway I'm off tomorrow morning, not back until Tuesday so won't really be able to update.

Master Rudy
12th September 2011, 12:23 AM
I'm kinda dead in the water myself since being the only main character that's currently dead doesn't leave me too many options. Not too sure on how to proceed on my end. I'm still very much interested however.

I'm sure something will come to mind. In the meantime I'll celebrate the Jets win and mock the Steelers for their SEVEN TURNOVERS IN A SINGLE GAME :P

Bear
12th September 2011, 09:22 AM
Steelers for their SEVEN TURNOVERS IN A SINGLE GAME :P

Hell even I was lol'ing at that game.

Master Rudy
13th September 2011, 06:17 AM
Hell even I was lol'ing at that game.

Dammit....it's literally impossible to insult you using your favorite football team isn't it?

Well in any case as your friend I hope it's not a sign of things to come for your team this year.....and as a guy who likes a team you may lose to in the AFC Championship then at least take comfort in the fact that the Steelers can go to the Super Bowl every year.

They just have to buy tickets like everyone else :D

Bear
2nd October 2011, 07:26 PM
So like, is anyone gonna continue from my post?

Kuro Espeon
2nd October 2011, 09:18 PM
So like, is anyone gonna continue from my post?

I actually am working on a post, I just keep getting stuck. *scratches head* I know someone needs to post SOMETHING, or else this thing's gonna die again. *readies the RPG shock panels* CLEAR!

Master Rudy
3rd October 2011, 05:16 PM
I actually am working on a post, I just keep getting stuck. *scratches head* I know someone needs to post SOMETHING, or else this thing's gonna die again. *readies the RPG shock panels* CLEAR!

Same here actually....I've got a base idea but since I have no one else with me I'm essentially playing with myself. Interpret that however you want :P

It's essentially going to boil down to more training. If someone's character dies in the near future then by all means feel free to join me so we can do our best impression of Yamcha and company during Namek.

Kuro Espeon
3rd October 2011, 06:09 PM
Yay! I posted! Anyone can pick up from that I think. Blade or Bear can have Kura meet with Rothax and Hammer, Heald or Asilynne can do something with Retasu and Zaito.

And don't worry, Rudy, I'm sure someone else will kick the bucket before the end of all of this and will be able to keep Shitagi company for a while, lol.

Blademaster
3rd October 2011, 07:04 PM
OK, I guess I'll go with this. So who exactly is still at the Lookout right now?

Kuro Espeon
3rd October 2011, 07:54 PM
OK, I guess I'll go with this. So who exactly is still at the Lookout right now?

Hammer, Rothax, Kura, Retasu, Zaito, and Kuji and Furuto. Van and Shitagi are also technically there, but one is unconscious and the other one is, well, dead. Whether or not Zaito and Retasu will listen to Kura and leave with the Dragonball is up to Asi or Heald. If either of them would actually POST, lol. *nudge nudge nudge*

Bear
4th October 2011, 09:04 AM
Heald and I had some other secret plans going on, so Hammer will probably leave the fight with Rothax to go after Shimuto at some point. Obviously he needs to post and share his ideas but that's the gist. This sounds like an opportune time for alot of that classic DBZ pre-fight dialogue where the villain tells his life story and the characters all try to intimidate each other XD

Heald
4th October 2011, 01:52 PM
Actually, I want to write a post, the problem is it hinges quite crucially on the location of the Dragonballs at this moment in time.

Is anyone able to do a stock count for me?

And Blademaster, has Rothax got the Dragonballs on his person (if he has any) or did he leave them on his ship?

EDIT: NM, by my latest count 5 are currently in Rothax's ship, Basawe has taken one with him to fight Shimuto and Retasu still has the last one.

Blademaster
4th October 2011, 05:30 PM
Yes, that's where they're at.

Bear
5th October 2011, 11:41 AM
call me lame but I just got a kick out of the fact that Shitagi's name has "Shit" in it.

lololololololololololololololololol

Also I'll let a few others post before I move further with Hammer. Heald check your PM so we can finalize details.

Blademaster
5th October 2011, 02:29 PM
I love being the villain sometimes. Attack head-on and Earth is fucked. Try sneaking onto my ship and Rothax's pit bull turns you into kibble. Lose-lose situations are so douchebaggishly gleeful. :D

...Er, ahem! Yes, I didn't list who Rothax talked to because that would probably clash with a few attendees' plans. So for now it's just a rough guess of, say, 3 or 4 random people. Hammer was the only certainty for obvious reasons, so... yeah. And I guess Van counts as an attendee too. Even if you sleep through school, you're technically not absent. So you guys can decide who showed up before or after their plans happened and what's next on your agendas.

Heald
5th October 2011, 03:58 PM
Well I'll go for Zaito being absent since that kind of clashes with what I had planned.

Also, Shimuto is now truly in the 1st stage of his 3 stage plan to fuck humanity. Have fun with that :)

Blademaster
5th October 2011, 07:06 PM
Part of why I didn't include everyone.

...So, uh... What exactly IS this 3-stage plan, anyway...?

Master Rudy
5th October 2011, 10:54 PM
...So, uh... What exactly IS this 3-stage plan, anyway...?

I'm going to step out on a limb and take a guess:

Stage 1-Kill everyone
Stage 2-?????
Stage 3-PROFIT!!! :D

Am I close? Do I win a prize?

Master Rudy
6th October 2011, 08:01 AM
In true Dragon Ball fashion Rothax has issued his final warning! The Earth will be destroyed in one hour!

*three months of real time and about 50 posts later.....*

THE EARTH HAS ONLY 15 MINUTES LEFT! :O

Anyway I do want to get a training post up now. Just going to give it a little bit of time so that people can react to Rothax's threat and Shitagi contacting them ^_~

Master Rudy
23rd October 2011, 07:19 PM
So....anyone going to post?

Heald
24th October 2011, 02:48 AM
I'm gonna be away from today until Saturday, so no.

Blademaster
24th October 2011, 06:00 PM
What exactly am I supposed to do? Rothax issued his warning and Basawe is in a fight that more than likely isn't gonna be ending soon. Even if I had an idea, I'd have to talk to yonder absentee Heald before I could greenlight it.

Master Rudy
26th October 2011, 01:14 AM
What exactly am I supposed to do? Rothax issued his warning and Basawe is in a fight that more than likely isn't gonna be ending soon. Even if I had an idea, I'd have to talk to yonder absentee Heald before I could greenlight it.

Well you, me and Heald are far from the only ones in the RPG.

Brandy? Ben? Sarah? James? You guys are alive out there in NoVA right? :P

Bear
26th October 2011, 09:16 AM
I live in New Jarsey now...

I was waiting for a little more development in the fight between Basawe, Gamma and Shimuto, but I suppose I could get a small post in. It'll mainly be dialogue and planning though since we can't go fight Rothax right now...

Asilynne
26th October 2011, 09:25 AM
I will post eventually but I need to post in a few other things first ;D Which I shall do...either tonight or tomorrow morning~

Kuro Espeon
26th October 2011, 02:09 PM
I'll work on something. My original plan was shot by Blade's Rothax post, so I have to come up with something else for the time being. REGROUP! XD

Master Rudy
27th October 2011, 08:22 AM
I live in New Jarsey now...

Oh I knew that. I'm just too lazy to mention it so all I really needed to do was lump you in with the rest of them :P

I will post eventually but I need to post in a few other things first ;D Which I shall do...either tonight or tomorrow morning~

Fair enough. I think it's fair to say that when it comes to the RPG forum as a whole you're one of the most active members on the board. Just be aware that since DBSU restarted that you've only got one post so far. I think pretty much everyone is waiting for something new from Retasu.

I'll work on something. My original plan was shot by Blade's Rothax post, so I have to come up with something else for the time being. REGROUP! XD

Nothing worse than that. Been in that situation many times myself over the years. You finally get a decent idea and then someone else's post pretty much shoots it all to hell :-/

On the bright side I've got some audio to go with that new avatar ^_~

F41y3pwmd4c

Asilynne
3rd December 2011, 09:10 AM
All the nagging for me to post and then when I do everyone goes AWOL? Not to pull a Rudy here but come on guys~~ lol

Master Rudy
29th December 2011, 07:21 AM
So.....is there still interest in this? :-/

Asilynne
29th December 2011, 07:45 AM
Hey I actually got off my ass and posted in this, its on someone else now >.>

Blademaster
29th December 2011, 11:01 PM

Drago
20th June 2016, 07:34 AM
Anyone remember this RPG? I don't think I was in it, specifically, but I definitely remember it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th June 2016, 10:06 AM
I enjoyed reading it. Too bad I was afraid that Dragonball Z would cause me psychotic seizures :ssj:

ChobiChibi
21st June 2016, 03:37 PM
This confused me so much when I was doing my nostalgia trip the other day.

I've found a little bit of inspiration recently, I might conjure up something casual some time. Watch this space.

*DISCLAIMER: NOT DBZ THOUGH, BECKI HAS NEVER LIKED DBZ*

Drago
22nd June 2016, 05:59 AM
Please do! I'll sign up. <3

Master Rudy
5th October 2016, 06:07 AM
Damn, surprised you dug this one up Tony 0_o

Drago
18th November 2016, 07:42 PM
Damn, surprised you dug this one up Tony 0_o

https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/rehost/2016/9/13/2d456a27-dd5d-465a-9cd2-2c43f5f06513.png
My dear, sweet child. That's what I do! It's what I live for.