PDA

View Full Version : Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

Pages : [1] 2

Heald
15th November 2009, 09:58 AM
I decided to create this lounge as a way of coordinating the RPG publicly. Having to field multiple PMs at once isn't really working for me, besides this will make what on earth is happening a bit more transparent.

Obviously one thing I want to clarify is who is still going to be reasonably active in this to make their characters worth including in the main plot drives. The worst thing is making someone's character a lynchpin in the main plot and that someone is not very interested in keeping this going.

Another thing is this: Please flesh out your character and post it in this thread. One thing about the initial sign-up is as the RPG goes along, your character will inevitably change but people will still be going to your original sign-up form, even though sections of it may be obsolete, resulting in warped views on your character. Another thing that happens is you add important details and relationships to the characters.

I'm not asking for a revised character form, just something like a more expanded background, plus any attacks/techniques/abilities that have arisen.

Also, if you have any more issues and stuff, post it here, unless it really does necessitate a PM. I probably get more PMs a month about this RPG than it actually sees PC posts.

Anyway, here is an expanded profile for Zaito:

Zaito can be mostly closely compared to Tien. He is definitely an above-average human fighter with not only fantastic natural ability, but thanks to years of intense training, he has enhanced what was already a considerable natural gift. He is somewhat less serious than Tien though, although not cocky or arrogant, but can sometimes rush into situations without a level head. Due to his insulated upbringing in an all-human monastery, he knows little about Saiyans, Nameks and other strange things, although he is aware of them and although his master was a vocal critic of these aliens, he does not share his master's apathy for these races. As the only pure-human amongst the warriors, he feels he has something to prove.

He is already considered one of, if not the strongest humans on the planet. While he may not have the technique of some of those more experienced than him, he definitely has youth and power on his side. While he is proficient in several of his school's techniques, he has also developed his own range of techniques that are starting to see some use. He has a natural affinity to the air/wind element and this is reflected in his fighting style. Two attacks seen so far that are his own are the Wind Rifle and the Wind Grenade. Instead of relying on his own pure power, he draws elemental power (not unlike the Spirit Bomb, but he doesn't take it from living objects) into super-dense energy projections mixed with his own energy. It is an effective technique, but requires limited use; overuse within a short period of time is draining, as it requires more energy to summon the elemental energy after immediately using a technique.

He has already made friendships with Shitagi and Basawe, plus has at least built some kind of relationship with Batuo.
---
I'll have expanded bios for Furuto and the Earth's Guardian and creator of the Dragonballs, the so far unintroduced Kuji.

Blademaster
15th November 2009, 10:31 AM
Am I supposed to post something here before I post in the RPG now? :confused:

Heald
15th November 2009, 10:35 AM
Actually, I'd prefer if you posted in the RPG first.

Blademaster
15th November 2009, 10:44 AM
Sweeeeeeeet. :D

Master Rudy
15th November 2009, 11:12 AM
Awesome idea Heald.....but that name! Popo having a "Happy Funtime Lounge" is downright creepy.....especially if you've seen any episodes of DBZ: The Abridged Series by Team Four Star >_<

In any event this should help keep the actual topic a little more clean now. Also Heald don't worry about replying to the PM I made. Without spoiling any surprises I just want to know one thing. In regards to some of my ideas is that a yes or no? Finally I keep forgetting that the powers of the Dragon Balls will change according to their creator. As far as the RPG has gone I've been going by the asumption that we're on Dende's rules for them. However if a different Namekien made the current ones then that potentially changes things. If we're on a different rule set then the main important things that need to be covered are:

-Number of wishes per gathering
-Rules for revivals
-Other limitations not covered above

Last but not least here's a quick reference to his profile with the relevent updates:

Shitagi Summers, grandson of Son Goten and Bra Briefs and heir to the Capsule Corperation. Despite his age he's usually respected as a formidable opponent in tournaments due to family history and a strong showing at his first Budokai. Student of the Kamesenin style, employes a wide range of skills in battle. Techniques he has been documented/seen using include the Kamehameha, Burning Attack, Scatter Shot and Special Beam Cannon. SBC however is an unmastered skill and is nearly useless in a one on one battle due to it's charge time. Scattter Shot is also rarely used for the amount of power it drains. Shitagi currently has a few tricks up his sleeve that remain to be seen. In his first real battle Shi froze at first despite the Saiyan's natural love for a good fight. The thought of taking a life scared him to death. He's gotten over it fairly quickly however knowing full well that if he didn't it would most likely result in his own. Outside of battle he's a technical wiz and can figure out how to repair/fix/work nearly anything. He does however have a fear of mechanical flight.

Grew up with very few friends. In school he was regarded at as spoiled brat or a freak due to his mixed heritage. This led to him growing up to be a person that values treating everyone fairly/equally. Normally has a fairly calm demenor but can lose his temper when people are mistreated. Shi is beginning to develop a hatred for those that slaughter innocent people. Because of this he would be more than willing to fight a battle that would likely result in his death if it allowed innocent people or his friends a chance to escape.

Shi's living family includes his mother, Victoria Son-Summers. She is the current head of Capsule Corp. Due to the multitude of name changes within the Briefs-Son family over the years in public she's known as Victoria Briefs. Gavin Wynder is his distant cousin by way of Trunks Briefs and Shi's biggest rival. Has quickly become friends with Zaito and Basawe. Shi has also offered to train with Basawe and teach him some more refined ki techniques and skills once time permits it.

Heald
15th November 2009, 12:11 PM
Okay Rudy, well here is what I was planning.

I didn't want anything to concrete with regards to the Dragonballs, but here is what I was going to go for:

- Since control over the Dragonballs can be passed from Namek to Namek (given they're part of the Dragon caste), this has happened ever since Dende passed control onto his first successor, and this line so-far hasn't been broken.
- Furthermore, the Dragon has not been summoned since the wish to erase people's memories after the Buu saga.
- Thus, they have the same restrictions as Dende's Dragonballs. There are 2 wishes, and if only 1 wish is used, the Dragon can be summoned 6 months later, instead of the usual 12 months.
- Regarding revival, a person can only be brought back to life if he/she died of unnatural causes and if he/she died within the last year. As many people can be brought back with 1 wish.

Furthermore, Namek is perfectly reachable, although its location and in fact its existence is only known to Nameks on Earth. The Namek Dragonballs have their own rules, as you all should know.

As for your PM, well, since the Buu Saga, no one other than the original Z Fighters, apart from the Guardians of the Earth, have actually stepped foot on the Lookout, therefore no one knows of the existence of it, or the facilities it has (such as the Hyperbolic Time Chamber).

Blademaster
15th November 2009, 12:19 PM
Posted. Feel free to have the battle go a bit differently than I described. I just HAD to do it that way because... Well, As I said, if you recognize the fight scene, you'll know. :)

So, will the group willingly hand over the Dragonballs and Hammer...? Or will Rothax have to kill them for it...? Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Gamma's an Android, so he obviously isn't dead. But it makes for strong motivation to see him fucked up like that, doesnt it?

As for characters:

ROTHAX: More angry than evil. His ball attack is like a Super Saiyan pillbug, but a bit spikier. Totally NOT ripped off of Sonic. Chance to reform: Possible, but unlikely. Actually gives a damn about his minions and the Earth and will only destroy them if necessary.

BASAWE: Alignment is True Neutral, hence why he doesn't seem to have a stable personality. Trying to find that right balance between logical, good guy, and Saiyan warmongering asshole. Obviously not succeeding.

Asilynne
15th November 2009, 12:36 PM
HAHA SARAH IS NAPPA!!! Ahem....lol

This rpg is on my list of things to do but Im due to be posting in a few other things in rpg and asb today too. Ill get to it lol

Also Ill describe Retasu in depth and her attacks sometime either today or tues night <3

Kuro Espeon
15th November 2009, 03:41 PM
HAHA SARAH IS NAPPA!!!

Wait...what? Why am I Nappa? o_O

Asilynne
15th November 2009, 04:33 PM
Read the last post my sister, it shall become clear lol

Master Rudy
16th November 2009, 01:12 AM
Always loved TSF's treatment of the most infamous scene in American DBZ:

Nappa-Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta-It's......1009?
Nappa-What? Really?
Vegeta-Yeah.....kick his ass Nappa!
Nappa-Yay!
*sounds of the battle are heard off screen*
Nappa-No! Ow! That doesn't bend that way......THAT DOESN'T BEND THAT WAY!
Vegeta-Hmm......something about this is.....dammit....Nappa!
Nappa-*beaten and bloody* WHAT?!
Vegeta-*said very calm* I had the scouter on upside down.....it's over 9000.....hmm.....
Nappa-Why do you sound so calm?!
Vegeta-Because it's not a problem.....
Nappa-But.....
Vegeta-......for me!

Blademaster
16th November 2009, 01:46 PM
I don't see a PM, but I gotta say you've gotten me impressed, Rudy. The SSJ2 music perfected it.

Whatever you and Heald are planning, let me in on it, yeah?

Master Rudy
16th November 2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah when I wrote that I was actually out of town and visting a friend in Indiana. He's got free wireless internet because he's renting out the apartment above the computer store his landlord owns. However due to the distance from the main access point it's sometimes rather spotty and tempermental, especially if the business computers within the store were left on to do automatic updates. As a result just after I finally got that post up I had a total crash and couldn't send out that PM. In any case it should be in your inbox within 5-10 of this post Blade ^_~

EDIT-Forgot to add in something good for a laugh or two:

Mr. Popo-Alright! Listen up your maggots! The pecking order goes like this: you, the dirt, the bugs that live in the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami and then finally Popo......any questions?
Krillin-Ye....
Popo-PECKING ORDER!
*throws Krillin off the top of the lookout*
Popo-Enjoy the climb back up bitch!

Seriously guys.....look up DBZ Abridged right now on You Tube. You won't regret it. Just make sure it's the real deal and not some poor imitation ^_~

Blademaster
17th November 2009, 03:07 AM
Make sure you guys all come back and lambaste Rudy for screwing up the quotes left and right too. :D

Mystic_clown
17th November 2009, 05:25 AM
I'm half tempted to sing the DBZA version of "Be a man" now.

Master Rudy
17th November 2009, 05:42 AM
You'll have to forgive me Blade. I didn't have the spare 45 minutes or so to let the episodes slowly and painfully load up on this dial up connection. I'm so sorry I didn't get them 100% right! :P

Houndoom_Lover
17th November 2009, 05:30 PM
:0 I don't belong here! I was going to come here and drop the Mr. Popo quote, but Rudy beat me to it! *rolls outta here*

Master Rudy
17th November 2009, 08:35 PM
:0 I don't belong here! I was going to come here and drop the Mr. Popo quote, but Rudy beat me to it! *rolls outta here*

Popo-*said in a creepy monotone with an extreme close up* Byyyyyeeeeee.....

Master Rudy
18th November 2009, 11:16 PM
Nice post Heald. I myself am going to hold off on covering the battle from my PoV for now to hopefully give everyone a chance for their reactions. Either way in the next day or two I'll toss up that fight from my PoV and the reaction to being teleported to Kami's Lookout

EDIT-Oh and MoP is back.......where you been man? It was fun reading for Van but we had to move on as if you were never there since you pulled a Mika and seemingly dropped off the face of the Earth.

Bear
19th November 2009, 08:19 AM
lol believe it or not I'm gonna put together a post tonight after work, but all day I'm gonna try to figure out what to say since apparently I've been unconscious the whole time. Did I get carried to the Lookout? I has no idea -_-. Also more on Hammer's character later when I have time :D.

Heald
19th November 2009, 09:04 AM
I left it deliberately open so if people wanted to stay, or leave early, or go to the Lookout, then fine. Didn't want to make those decisions on your behalf.

Also, glad to see you back MoP. I might PM you at some point.

Master Rudy
20th November 2009, 04:26 AM
Well following that last turn of events I must say that I'm curious as to the direction this could possibly take now. I assume it's going to be along the lines of attempting to train and power up for the upcoming battles. While I don't know what exactly Heald has in mind I did go ahead and take the liberty of converting time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber into real time in the event that it ever comes into play in this RPG or any potential sequels. The last few times on the list are approximate times since nailing down an exact time could potentially be off one way or another.

HTC time=Earth time
1 year=24 hours
6 months=12 hours
3 months=6 hours
30 days=2 hours
2 weeks=1 hour (approx)
1 week=30 minutes (approx)
1 day=4 minutes, 15 seconds (approx)

In the event it does come into play either now or in the future just bear the rules in mind. No more than two people at once. Total maximum useage for one person is two years. Past that you become trapped.

As for me I'm going to hold off on my PoV post until after I get home from work tonight. I'm off at midnight so unless I've got some kind of computer problem stopping me then expect my post a few hours after that ^_~

Heald
20th November 2009, 06:47 AM
Actually the only two people at once was an error and has since been retconned since 4 people (Buu, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks) were all in the HBC. The actual statement is there is only enough food in there for 2 people for a year.

Bear
20th November 2009, 08:25 AM
Not to mention we should all keep in mind that, should any of us enter the chamber, we definitely won't be able to do it for a year. It'll be everyone's first time, and we are far far weaker than the Z fighters were when they did it. Just thought I'd suggest that to keep it realistic.

Also, following classic DBZ format, SOMEONE is going to have to go take on Rothax while we train. I'm thinking I'll have Hammer do that, since he was thrashed by Rothax the first time and spent the second fight completely unconscious. I'll make Hammer feel ashamed/guilty/whatever and fly off in a huff to get his ass beat again. Someone will need to come save me though so I don't die XD. Maybe I'll talk to Sarah about that.

Heald
20th November 2009, 08:28 AM
Actually it was Shimuto that kicked Hammer's ass first time round, right?

Master Rudy
20th November 2009, 08:33 AM
Someone will need to come save me though so I don't die XD. Maybe I'll talk to Sarah about that.

This could actually work out for both you and me James. Plus this could potentially put an abandoned idea of mine back onto the table as well. I said I may eventually put up a profile for Shitagi's mother. As I'm going to start having her interact with Shitagi on the side I guess that'll make her fair game for anyone wanting to use her. As a result here's a profile for reference:

Name-Victoria Son Summers (Victoria Briefs in public)
Race-Saiyan/Human
Age-49
Gender-Female
Appearance-A absolute dead ringer for Bulma with the obvious addition of a Saiyan tail. Victoria stands at 5'8" tall. Her normal clothing choices tend to hide how she really looks and despite having a slender looking appearance, she is actually quite fit. Clothing wise she normally wears a long sleeve black shirt, blue jeans and a blue CC jacket. If she's actually training she'll swap out for the traditional orange/blue gi the Z Fighters wear with a long sleve shirt. Victoria also has Saiyan Armor with light green spandex for times when she expects trouble. Finally as a part Saiyan she doesn't look her age at all and looks more like she's in her late 20's to early 30's.
Personality-Just like her son she's got an absolute love for science and fighting. In her later years however she's leaned more towards science since Capsule Corperation needed someone to run it. Can be extremely friendly but will not take crap from anyone. As a result if you make her angry then she'll be more than willing to trade insults with you ala Vegeta. Refuses to allow her son and the other Z Fighters brush off serious injuries as minor and will do everything she can to keep them from pushing too far when hurt.
History-Daughter of Goten and Bra. While Gohan focused on science and business in his later years, his brother went more the route of Goku. As a result Goten didn't really settle down until he was almost 40. It wasn't until he was in his mid 40's that he slowly backed away from fighting, married and started a family. Due to the union of Goten and Bra, Victoria has been in both worlds for as long as she can remember. On the one hand she got a crash course in many forms of science and business thanks to Bra and Bulma. On the other side of things she wanted to fight and compete at a young age much to the surprise of the Z Fighters. As far as martial arts goes she's been trained at one time or another by her father, her uncle and both of her grandfathers. This gives Victoria a frightening range of skills in battle. However due to the long years of peace as well as eventually needing to run CC her skills and power level have suffered. Without the aid of Kaio Ken she can only max out at about 5000. The most she's ever done as far as fighting goes was become the Tenkaichi Budokai champion for three years running before withdrawing to help run CC.
(NOTE-Anything else you need to know about her history has been covered in Shitagi's profile/history/posts at one point or another. Unlike Shitagi however she's still perfectly willing to fly numerous ships and used the accident with her husband as a chance to develop much safer engine systems. Shitagi still refuses to try them out however.)
Techniques-As noted above the wide range of teachers she has had gives Victoria an extremely wide range of skills. As a result expect her to adapt to nearly any situation. Her most used attacks include the Kamehameha, Final Flash, Burning Attack, Kienzan and Solar Flare. She can use the base Kaio Ken with almost no ill effects and can push as far as X4 if need be. However just like Shitagi's X3 she'll fizzle out very fast if she goes that far. For added destructive power she can use Vegeto/Gogeta's Final Kamehameha but the end result is the same as a KKx4. In the event that she actually COMBINES FK with KKx4.....well look at Tien during the Saiyan Saga or Majin Vegeta during the fight with Buu if you have any doubts about the outcome. As with Shitagi don't be too surprised if she whips out something you are flat out not expecting in a battle.
Relationships-Most obviously her son. Was extremely close friends/family with nearly all the original Z Fighters and as such she considers herself the last survivor of the original group despite the fact that she's never faced a serious threat.
Theme-Character theme: Cammy's Theme (SF4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwAFemIkYw4)
Battle theme: Battle on Namek (DBZ: Budokai) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiE6ssOyQPg)
Other-Will be the primary supplier of gi's, armor and technology to the group as they are needed. As far as items go if Shitagi can't fix it she can. If she can't fix it then she's either lacking the parts or your fucked :lol:

Treat her as an NPC and use her as you need her. If Heald is ok with it however I may potentially make one or two posts with her as the situation dictates ^_~

Bear
20th November 2009, 08:54 AM
Actually it was Shimuto that kicked Hammer's ass first time round, right?

Fuck I don't remember, it was one of those ugly ass aliens

Blademaster
20th November 2009, 09:40 AM
Would Hammer need saving, though? Rothax knows the Namekians are linked to the Dragonballs. He also knows that Hammer is no match for him (No offense.). He wouldn't kill one of his biggest leads.

Master Rudy
20th November 2009, 09:48 AM
Would Hammer need saving, though? Rothax knows the Namekians are linked to the Dragonballs. He also knows that Hammer is no match for him (No offense.). He wouldn't kill one of his biggest leads.

Blade does bring up a good point. However chances are Hammer may not know this. Depending on what happens perhaps Rothax may look to incapacitate any Namekians he fights in an attempt to get more info about the Dragon Balls. He could also try the whole "give me the DB's or he dies" bluff. Granted this would never work on Shitagi or the other Namekians but for the most part everyone else within the group doesn't know the rules behind them. That bluff on the right person could potentially get somebody who may not be as well versed in the lore to bite on it.

EDIT-And as another thing to note if Rothax manages to capture anyone he could just toss a temper tandrum in the event that none of the Z Fighters are willing to trade over DB's to save the life of that character. All he needs to do is a quick check of his own radar readings to make sure none are potentially in the way and then proceed to level a few cities as extra incentive.

Heald
22nd November 2009, 03:30 PM
Hey guys, important announcement.

Basically, to keep this RPG from slowing down like it did earlier, I'd really like people to post either here or in the RPG thread at least once a week and at least one IC post in the RPG every two weeks. Of course, if you're waiting for someone else to post, that's understandable.

Can people also post here and let me know where their characters are and what they're up to, and also if they have a Dragonball? Just so I know who is still alive and such. If you haven't posted within a week, I'll assume you aren't really that interested, unless your internet is dead, or you're on holiday, or whatever.

Zaito: At the Lookout, recovering.
Furuto: Getting senzu beans from Koran
Kuji: At Lookout, about to brief the team
Shimuto: Gone back to the ship, may move again soon. Has a Dragonball.

Blademaster
22nd November 2009, 03:35 PM
OK, so, continued here at the behest of Heald:

Shimuto has the one he found.

Rothax has the one he just took from the ground Retasu blew up.

Basawe has the one that Shitagi gave him.

Gavin has the one in the statue.

Van has the one he found in the tree.

Where did those other 2 come from?

Rudy...?

Mystic_clown
22nd November 2009, 03:54 PM
Gamme: Currently in pieces on the battlefield.

Heald
22nd November 2009, 04:04 PM
Actually we teleported you to the look-out.

M_c, how would repairing Gamma work? You said he has a regenerative ability. Would a mixture of Shitagi's smarts and Kuji's healing abilities be able to fix him to a point where he could regenerate himself? And how conscious would he be in this state?

Mystic_clown
22nd November 2009, 04:27 PM
Ah yes, forgot about that ^_^;;. Well, he was taken apart by Rothax (literally), so some repairs (basically, putting him in one piece at least) would be enough before his self repair system kicked in.

As for his state, I would imagine barely concious.

Asilynne and I have a small idea for Gamma's repairs.

Bear
22nd November 2009, 06:39 PM
Hammer: At lookout, about to pull a Vegeta and go after Rothax (by himself, of course) :D

Master of Paradox
22nd November 2009, 08:46 PM
Van Osiku: Currently in a valley, location unknown, even to him. Has a Dragonball. May not know exactly what it is.

Backstory is... not completely determined.

Kuro Espeon
22nd November 2009, 10:14 PM
I thought Kura had the Dragonball that the Hammer/Gamma/Retasu/Kura group found? O_o I could've sworn it was mentioned in one of my posts. I'd have to go back and check though.

Anyway, I AM still in this RPG, and I'm working on a post for Kura, but RL has been kicking my ass lately and I haven't had much time/energy for RPing. I've been keeping up with reading other posts though and I should have mine up soon. Sorry for the delay.

Anyway as far as whereabouts: Kura is at the Lookout with a busted hand. And (?)She has a Dragonball(?)

EDIT: Found the part I was talking about:

As their rather rag-tag group of fighters flew toward the mounting battle, Kura gazed down at the shimmering orange orb in her hand. The two red stars printed on it's surface seemed to gaze back at her, almost taunting. This was only one of seven Dragonballs, and they would need all of them in order to be granted their two wishes.

Master Rudy
22nd November 2009, 11:22 PM
OK, so, continued here at the behest of Heald:

Rudy...?

That would be my fault. When we originally got the Dragon Radar I had Shitagi note that there were only X dots on the Radar, which suggests that several DB's were gathered in one spot. Upon checking the Radar and his scouter he confirmed that it was Geno Squad and that they were moving to another DB. It went uncontested for some time. So prior this DB confusion I counted the following:

-The DB Gav is defending
-Shitagi's Four Star Ball
-The one Retasu's group found
-The one Van just got

That leaves three left. It was already confirmed in one post that Geno Squad had one DB and were on the way to look for another. By the time Shitagi got his Radar I had assumed that since everyone else was tied up in their own side stories that they had gotten their second ball uncontested. It didn't seem unreasonable to think that since Rothax's group has their own variant of Dragon Radar. By the time Shitagi got his Radar he noted the number of missing DB's on the Radar, cross referenced with his scouter to see if they were being held by allies and deducted that Rothax's group had at least two and were on the way to getting a third.

Now personally I think there is some confusion as to the DB in the forest we just fought in. It seemed to me anyway that Retasu and Kura had pocketed that one away and I could not see them losing that one unless it was by force. One way or another I'm sure it'll all be sorted out. Worst case is if Heald needs to say Shitagi panicked and made a mistake during the cross referencing then that's fine. Being a genius doesn't make one immune to mistakes after all ^_~

As for me you guys know I'm intrested. As for Shitagi his status is critical but stable. He almost used enough ki to outright kill himself from the combination of exaustion and injuries he had already suffered prior to his Kaio Ken. Granted they weren't too serious but don't forget about the awful strain that KK puts on the body. After all the end of the Saiyan Saga did imply that Goku would have been an outright cripple if it wasn't for that Senzu Bean he got while in the hospital. Due to the timely manner in which the group got to the Lookout he'll live, make a full recovery and be slightly stronger now thanks to his Saiyan genes ^_~

Blademaster
23rd November 2009, 02:37 PM
So the good guys have 2 Dragonballs, the bad guys have 1, Gavin has 1, and Van has 1.

We'd better speed this RPG up. If Rothax is totally empty-handed after the group's getaway, the Earth is NOT going to survive very long.

Asilynne
23rd November 2009, 03:10 PM
Sarahs char has the dragonball for our group atm. Although Retasu is going to want to hang onto it XD

And yeah with my next post Ill continue with the plan we've come up with for fixing Gamma. It should be coming either tonight after work or tomorrow, since Ive finally got some time off work ^v^

Master Rudy
24th November 2009, 07:20 AM
Wow......just read Blade's last post. All I have to say in regards to that is West City gets no love :lol:
Seriously! Destroyed in the Trunks timeline and destroyed by Buu on the main timeline. If you actually toss GT into the mix then it got messed up in that as well. The only real problem I have with it is the fact that we just chased them off, not to mention the fact that it's starting to look like I wrote out the profile for Victoria for nothing.......

.......or did I? ;)

Bear
24th November 2009, 07:57 AM
Hi second form Rothax *waves*

Master Rudy
25th November 2009, 08:00 AM
I don't know why but I just had an image of Rothax doing his best impression of Boris Grishenko from the 007 movie Goldeneye......

*following his transformation and the city destruction*
Rothax-By God.......I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!
*Rothax appears impressed with himself as the onlookers turn away, he then turns to Shimuto*
Rothax-Was it good for you too?
Shimuto-.........I'm going for coffee......
Rothax-And I'm going for a cigarette......

Bear
25th November 2009, 08:27 AM
Sorry my last post was so short but I absolutely need to pack and hit the road. I won't be back til Sunday night so I can't follow up on my post til then. I planned for Hammer to engage Rothax for a while, opening the door for a little more plot progression on other fronts. Of course Hammer is nowhere close to Rothax's power at the moment, his anger explosion has unleashed alot more energy than before, putting him around 5000 for the moment. I figure Rothax will be eager to test his powers in form 2, and will probably do the classic DBZ "Hmm, perhaps THIS one is strong enough to make me break a sweat!"

If anyone has a problem with this let me know, but that was my idea when I posted. Have at it :D

Master Rudy
25th November 2009, 08:30 AM
Well James.....it's been nice knowing you :D
Hammer doesn't seriously think he's going to do much or anything to a second form Rothax who is bottoming out at 20K does he? Shitagi just barely held his own with Kaio-Ken against a first form Rothax topping out around 7-9K. However without some serious training KK is not going to be the long term answer :-/

Master Rudy
25th November 2009, 09:33 PM
Hmm......with Zatio, Basawe, Kura and Sandor in there now I'm guessing the next hour long shift will at least include Shitagi and Retasu with two slots open. Seems like the final two slots are going to be dependant on a number of factors such as if Gav and Van join back up, the last two slots potentially being taken by the Namekians, Gamma, JT's character, ect.

Speaking of JT is he still in this. It seems like he's pulled his own disappearing act now. He's not posted anywhere on the board since the end of September.

Blademaster
25th November 2009, 09:50 PM
Heald, can you edit your post to remove Basawe from the Time Chamber, please? Basawe has to talk to Shitagi first. And I have a feeling that that might benefit Retasu, as well...

Heald
26th November 2009, 07:12 AM
EDIT: Disregard that, talked to Blade, Basawe is staying in the chamber.

Master Rudy
27th November 2009, 01:04 AM
MoP I'm not trying to be a nitpicky bastard but if the destroyed city is West City like I'm assuming then there's no Dragon Ball there. Shitagi had the Four Star and the Dragon Radar at Capsule Corp but got both away from the city prior to the destruction. If there was a second Dragon Ball in West City then Shitagi would have known about it without question. Also it can't really be any other destroyed city since so far West City is the only one to have suffered an attack of some sort.

Granted at the end of the day it's Heald and Blade's call since it's their RPG. However I felt these were things that needed to be pointed out before you proceed as a second DB in West City could confuse people.

Asilynne
27th November 2009, 03:36 PM
He could always say its the ruins of an ancient city in the forest/mountains though ;D

Master of Paradox
27th November 2009, 05:35 PM
...sure, let's go with that.

Confession: I just wanted an excuse to throw Van at Rothax, and Blade didn't stop me (I was talking to him via IM at the time).

We'll say the ball in question is somewhere in whatever the South America analog is on DBZ Earth. Seriously, I have no idea what the map is like on that planet.

Master Rudy
28th November 2009, 05:27 AM
Ask and ye shall receive! Akira Toriyama's Earth!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/0/05/Wiki_DragonBall_Earth.png

As I can't read Japanese and I cannot find the map from the more recent games I'm having to rely on the Dragon Ball Wiki and memory for key locations. Important locations are located in the following quadrants. If possible I'll make note of where it is on the map as well ^_~

A1-Yunzabit Heights, Yahhoi Forest, Majin Buu's house
A2-Goku/Majin Vegeta's battleground (northernmost dot), Cell Game Ruins, Central Capital, Ginger Town
A3-North City (northernmost dot), Ruins of Gero's Lab (centermost dot)
A4-Muscle Tower and Jingle Village (northernmost dot), East City (bottom center of quadrant near the coast)
B1-Korin's Tower/Kami's Lookout (northernmost dot), Red Ribbon HQ Ruins
B2-West City (near the coast), Parsely City
B3-Ruins of Pilaf's Castle (building near the mountains)
B4-Satan City (north of Goku's house?), Son Goku's house (domed building south of forest), Grandpa Gohan's house (east of Goku's house), Mount Paozu
C1-Baba's Palace, an unnamed village (Nam's village in the original DB)
C2-South City
C3-Fire Mountain (mountains on the mainland), Papaya Island (westernmost dot, location of the Tenkaichi Budokai)
C4-Penguin Village, Kame House

As you can see the Earth of this world is pretty much Earth in name only as it looks nothing like our Earth. The amazing thing to remember is that while the map itself doesn't look overly big, bear in mind that this Earth is the same size as ours. Therefore the main land mass is just that: absolutely massive! I hope this gives you guys a better idea of the world and where everything is going down. Take special note of all the ruins MoP. If your going with the South American analog on the map then your best bet would be B1 near the ruins of the Red Ribbon Army's HQ. This also puts you fairly close to Kami's Lookout. In any case the map should be a pretty good guideline for locations of actual pre-existing major locations. As Toriyama has huge expanses of nothing on the map then who's to say we can't say that there's a new city in a paticular location or perhaps a forest, Earth military base, ect? ^_~

Heald
28th November 2009, 01:36 PM
Thought I'd give a little profile to Shimuto.

Shimuto puts a calm, sensible face on what is otherwise a very dark, evil being. He is an interesting foil to Rothax, who is angry, loud and impatient, whereas Shimuto is more patient, quiet and neutral. That said, both are working towards a dark end; Rothax wants the Dragonballs for his own ends, whereas Shimuto is more concerned with the Earth itself. He has been travelling with Rothax for years now in search of a planet teeming with life and now he has found Earth. He has already begun to machinations in regards to Earth but no one knows much about his final aims. Even Rothax knows little, although this is mostly due to Rothax not caring than Shimuto keeping it to himself.

Shimuto is part of a galactic cult (he prefers the term 'religion') known as Khaladaism, which, on the face of it, seems to be just a cult of blood-drinkers, but those who ascend through the ranks slowly become one with Khalad, a mysterious but powerful being who reckons himself to be a god. As a High Templar, Shimuto wears the traditional robes and has developed certain magical powers due to Khalad's influence.

Shimuto is a powerful being when at rest, but he also has a second-form. However, he also has two in-between forms, one that enhances strength and the other enhances speed.

Blademaster
28th November 2009, 04:43 PM
Shimuto is Deoxys? :o

Heald
28th November 2009, 05:43 PM
I never thought about it, although now you mention it, kinda.

Blademaster
28th November 2009, 09:20 PM
Will post shortly; in the meantime, here's our visage of terror... times two! (http://superblade.deviantart.com/art/Rothax-Second-Form-145112465)

Yes, he's pointing at you.

No, it's not about something good.

And no, you won't make it if you try to run.

Master of Paradox
28th November 2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the map, Rudy. We'll go with your idea.

And incidentally, after dying on the ship, Van came to in the mountains northeast of Gero's lab.

Blademaster
28th November 2009, 11:11 PM
OK, in regards to my latest post, I think it's safe to say that Rothax is... bipolar. Or something. Radical mood swings, at the very least.

Basawe's a stubborn fuck, isn't he? I'm assuming a power level of 0 = dead, so... uh... it was nice knowing him? :heh:

Master Rudy
29th November 2009, 01:58 AM
I'm assuming a power level of 0 = dead, so... uh... it was nice knowing him? :heh:

Don't know if that's ever been officially established.....then again when you suppress your true power level you still manage to pop up as something on a scouter. Future Trunks in his suppressed base form when he first arrived popped up as a 5 on a scouter.

So yeah......zero=dead doesn't seem like it would be a bad assumption. Of course with this being a recovery from near death just imagine the potential jump Basawe is going to take when it's all said and done ^_~

Kuro Espeon
29th November 2009, 09:03 AM
Ok guys, my post will be going up later today after I get home from work. Sorry for the extensive delay. Every time I got a sizeable dent into the post someone else would post and I'd have to go back and rewrite. But I think what I have now is a good mixture. I decided not to backtrack and re-write everything that everyone else posted and just jump ahead to the HBTC, with a little bit of summary (you know... "LAST TIME...ON DRAGONBALL Z!"), so hopefully that'll work.

Anyway, will be finishing up after work. I'll also put up the mini-bio for Kura in here since I realized I haven't done that yet. Thanks for being patient with me guys.

Bear
29th November 2009, 09:13 PM
Just figured I'd give a little more insight into Hammer now that we're getting back into it.

Hammer has experienced alot of anguish, but it is mostly self inflicted due to his hot temper combined with learning of his family's past. His training for years in solitude has turned him into a very quiet, almost silent fighter, who remains calm for the most part but tends to lose his temper quickly when faced with an emotional jolt (anything reminding him of his past).

Simply put, conversations with Hammer will be mostly one-sided, unless he's really on about something. He doesn't like to divulge his thoughts or plans to anyone, even people he's supposedly working with.

I'm thinking of having him unite with Furuto somewhere down the line, if that's ok with Heald. Not for a while though, that's just my brainstorm.

Master Rudy
30th November 2009, 05:52 AM
So in other words your a Piccolo with different motivations behind the things you do? ^_~

Blademaster
30th November 2009, 10:47 PM
Basically Gav has been kidnapped, As was said in the signup he's not quite human, somewhat of a scientific curiosity, Rothax is gonna experiment on him, unlock some of that extra power and Im gonna play a baddie for a bit lol.

Rothax's last supposedly human prisoner is dead, he pretty much has Hammer in his grip ATM, and both Shimuto and Blaque/Whyte (Are they human?) each having a Dragonball for him. What makes you think Gavin isn't gonna just get dropped off outside the ship and forgotten about until Rothax has to leave the ship again and he trips over his unconscious body? :D

Master Rudy
4th December 2009, 12:26 AM
*Rothax trips over Gav as he leaves the ship*
Rothax-Dammit Shimuto......they forgot to pick up the trash again! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS PISSES ME OFF DON'T YOU?! See to it!!!!

Bear
4th December 2009, 09:04 AM
My plan for this current battle was to have Rothax follow traditional DBZ villain rhetoric and hold back most of his power to make the fight more even (for his own amusement of course). After a while of course he will have had his fun letting Hammer think he had a chance, then let out his power and thump him pretty well. We need to figure out though whether Hammer will be captured and taken back to the ship or if others will arrive to aid in the battle. I'm not sure how the timeline of the fight will coincide with the fighters in the Time Chamber or the other subplots that are going on. I guess we'll just have to make it up as we go. Let's keep it going for a while so this RPG sees some action!

Blademaster
4th December 2009, 06:03 PM
You really think someone as hotheaded and impatient as Rothax is gonna follow that tradition?

Bear
4th December 2009, 06:50 PM
You really think someone as hotheaded and impatient as Rothax is gonna follow that tradition?

All DBZ villains have followed this tradition, even the hotheaded ones :D. I'm just trying to make it more exciting :(

Master Rudy
7th December 2009, 05:50 AM
Two questions for two people......

MC-At what point should we bring Gamma back into the fold? Should me or Bran make a post at some point saying "he's fixed!" or should we leave that to you?

MoP-In regards to Van I'm still not sure what his deal is. However with Gamma in the more than capable hands of Victoria, Hammer on his own (and against a villian who will no doubt kill Shitagi on sight should they meet again at this moment), Gav about to go missing and everyone else in the HBT it leaves Shitagi with not much to do at the moment. I'm thinking he goes back on the DB hunt alone which could potentially bring Van back into the fold. The real question is would Van remember Shitagi much less being captured and "killed?"

Heald
7th December 2009, 06:00 AM
Bear in mind by the time you've fixed Gamma, it probably would've been an hour and the four in the HTC would have emerged.

Blademaster
10th December 2009, 05:55 PM
OK, here's what I'm thinking will happen with Basawe:

Basawe meets Shitagi and discusses his training idea with him. Retasu takes advantage of Shitagi's absence to yoink Gamma's Dragon Radar. Shitagi blows Basawe off and says to wait for the Time Chamber. Basawe gets pissed off and goes to thank Kura for helping him, short and sweet, then he fucks off to his own devices until the hour is up.

As for Rothax... I dunno. Hammer hurt him. That's grounds enough for Rothax's brain's logic center to be overpowered by its "KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!" center. I won't say what's what about someone else's character, but Bear, Hammer is getting out of there with an arm or leg missing as the BEST CASE SCENARIO. He could already be dead or be sliced apart limb by limb, honestly. I leave his fate to you.

And yes, I know Rothax seems a bit underwhelming right now. He just transformed. His power level is still under 20,000. Give him some time to warm up... On second thought, DON'T.

Master Rudy
11th December 2009, 02:07 AM
And yes, I know Rothax seems a bit underwhelming right now. He just transformed. His power level is still under 20,000. Give him some time to warm up... On second thought, DON'T.

There's the part that worries me...... :lol:

In regards to the Shitagi/Basawe idea I personally don't think Shi would blow him off at this point. As of now he's slowly becoming trusting of Retasu despite her abrasive personality and with his mother and the mobile lab there Shitagi may actually feel like he'd kinda be getting in the way at this point as far as fixing Gamma is concerned. That old saying about too many chefs in the kitchen seems to come to mind. In any case I think Shitagi would possibly find the time to show Basawe the basics of focusing hi ki for a proper Kamehameha as well as potentially be willing to try to teach him one or two attacks once they get into the HTC. As far as the Kaio-Ken is concerned however he may be unwilling to teach Basawe that as it is one of the secret techniques of his family after all. Despite that both Basawe and Shitagi strike me as being very smart. I could easily see each of them observing the other and adapting the KK/Boost to either be more powerful or less draining with a little work. As for heavy training past Shitagi starting to teach Basawe the Kamehameha I think that'll wait until the HTC.

In regards to Hammer I did have an idea that could potentially be insane enough to actually work.......provided that the idea doesn't royally backfire that is. James/Blade will need to PM me when they can if they are intrested in it. It's one of those ideas that I'm only going to share if your both curious and frankly one of or both of you aren't then I'd like to be able to save it for later and not blow the surprise of a good, very inventive idea ^_~

Master of Paradox
11th December 2009, 06:33 AM
MoP-In regards to Van I'm still not sure what his deal is. However with Gamma in the more than capable hands of Victoria, Hammer on his own (and against a villian who will no doubt kill Shitagi on sight should they meet again at this moment), Gav about to go missing and everyone else in the HBT it leaves Shitagi with not much to do at the moment. I'm thinking he goes back on the DB hunt alone which could potentially bring Van back into the fold. The real question is would Van remember Shitagi much less being captured and "killed?"

Van's "deal" is currently a secret, and might not ever come out completely. It's a rather... complicated story.

That said, Van's memory is erratic at best. He never remembers his deaths, and until recently, I would say he did not remember Shitagi at all. But this has changed since he picked up that first Dragon Ball; he's remembering more than usual, and he still isn't used to it. Future encounters with people he met in his last run could get a little painful for him...

Bear
11th December 2009, 11:12 AM
Hammer is getting out of there with an arm or leg missing as the BEST CASE SCENARIO. He could already be dead or be sliced apart limb by limb, honestly. I leave his fate to you.

Lol, considering that if Hammer dies that leaves me out of the RPG, I'd say missing limbs is just what the doctor ordered. I think what I'll do is have him continue to take this beating you started and then get desperate and use his final attack. It obviously won't beat Rothax, but it might suppress him long enough for Shitagi to arrive and 1) get Hammer the fuck out of there or 2) jump in and start fighting Rothax on his own, kind of like how the battle with Frieza on Namek went. I dunno, I'll deliberately leave my post open so Rudy and Blade can decide what they want to do with that situation. Can't have Hammer dead though -_-

Asilynne
11th December 2009, 03:28 PM
Ive got the workings of a post in my head atm, and I know I owe this and E2 a post soon, bear with me, if it doesnt come tonight then sunday it definately will ^-^() As for fixing Gamma, if you wanted to have Shitagi leave in your post rudy then go for it, if not I will. Either ones ok with me.

Kuro Espeon
11th December 2009, 08:14 PM
Hammer's energy climaxed with a bang, as he let out a roar to unleash the attack.

Hurr hurr, you said "climaxed".

Bear
11th December 2009, 11:08 PM
Hurr hurr, you said "climaxed".

I said climaxed AND bang :D

Kuro Espeon
12th December 2009, 12:56 AM
I said climaxed AND bang :D

not to mentioned how he "unleashed his attack" with a roar. Is that what they're calling it these days? :D

Master Rudy
12th December 2009, 03:17 AM
God.....the two of you are so juvenile :lol:
I highly doubt Shitagi's ability to get to Hammer in a timely manner as well as get him out of there without a scratch. Once again I've got a decent idea for getting in and out as well as a somewhat inventive idea that may put some slight fear into Rothax depending on how much he knows about Saiyans. If Heald is ok with it I may just say fuck it and actually do a post as Victoria.

Bear
12th December 2009, 10:47 AM
Well that's fine and dandy, PM me your plan. Hammer's only going to be able to hold out for so long before Rothax is like "fuck it u die now"

Blademaster
12th December 2009, 10:53 AM
Rothax's third form

Trust me, I know exactly how Rothax's five forms are going to play out. Wasting one of them on a Namekian that's barely 15% as strong as Rothax is not one of them.

I'm not gonna post again yet. But keep in mind that the battle between Rothax and Hammer is taking, at best, a few minutes. For Basawe, a half an hour has passed. So if Rudy or Asi want to post some sort of interaction with him, keep in mind that Hammer will be chopmeat by then. He needs help and he needs it, quite literally, twenty minutes ago, or he WILL be killed.

Which begs the question... Who's going to rescue Hammer and distract Rothax for the FIFTY minutes until our Time Chamber-dwellers can find him?

The only answer I can possibly think of is Shimuto coming and reminding his boss why a dead Namek is a bad thing, but since Heald seems to loathe having him do anything...

Asilynne
12th December 2009, 12:55 PM
Shitagi would probably be Hammers best chance to survive, unless Van can somehow get there, because Retasu isnt big on the "helping other people" thing, unless it benefits her in some way XD And since Hammer =/= Guardian of earth and therefore ruler of the Dragonballs she really has no attachment to whether he lives or dies (sorry James >.<)

I have a plan for Retasu in my next post, but itll have to wait until tomorrow like I said, Ive seriously got to eat and get a nap before work tonight >.<

Kuro Espeon
12th December 2009, 12:59 PM
I second the idea of Van somehow getting Hammer out of there, because that would get him re-involved with the plot and give him something to do. Even if it's just to prevent Hammer's imminent demise (for NOW! BWHAHAHAHAHA!)

Bear
12th December 2009, 01:33 PM
Why does everyone want me dead :( :( :(

Blademaster
12th December 2009, 03:14 PM
You ran off on your own in order to piss off the short-tempered, obscenely powerful, megalomaniacal, unpredictable, all-around general meanie-face invading the planet for his own "Fuck everyone who gets in my way." gain. It's like asking an oncoming train, "Why do you want to shred me into mincemeat?". The answer isn't personal - it just kind of falls into the DUUUHHH category of answers.

Master Rudy
13th December 2009, 01:27 AM
I'm holding off on part of my idea due to the fact that when I examined it again I didn't see any way it hold be pulled off without something going horribly wrong. Hammer will get his rescue but the mind games I had planned are being put on hold ^_~

Bear
13th December 2009, 09:49 AM
Ah, you sprang into action before Hammer used his final attack. Guess I can save that for another time. Not that it would have been any more than a brief distraction anyway XD.

Blademaster
13th December 2009, 11:06 AM
"In any case they've only got about 15 minutes left if they decide to stay in there for only an hour.

OK, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how Hammer has stayed alive for 45 minutes against someone no less than 5 times his strength. For the sake of the plot continuing, I won't think too much about it, but Goddamn.

Heald
13th December 2009, 11:10 AM
They managed to string some of the most one-sided fights in the original series into quite a few episodes. Plus it would have taken time for Hammer to get there from the time they entered the chamber, plus Victoria was fighting them, plus they talk a lot (as all fighters do in DBZ).

If there is any problems of time parallax, it ought to be between the fighters in the HTC and those outside of it.

Blademaster
13th December 2009, 11:15 AM
EDIT: Just got your PM, Heald. I got this covered now.

Bear
13th December 2009, 03:36 PM
Jesus blade it's not like I made Hammer stronger than Rothax or anything. I've made it perfectly clear Rothax is way stronger, Hammer is just buying time for the other fighters. It wouldn't kill you to not have your character win every fight in 5 seconds =P.

Blademaster
13th December 2009, 06:38 PM
Dude, he's won a single fight. Every other time he's either been run from or been distracted. Rothax's track record isn't what I give a shit about.

I realize Hammer's stalling for time. It's that he, a relative Glass Joe by comparison, is holding off the fucking HULK for over a half an hour, BY HIMSELF. What part of that do you not get?

If Rudy had reversed his post so Shitagi and Basawe spoke AFTER his mom went off and rescued Hammer, everything would be hunky-damn-dorey. But as it stands, Hammer has a level of stamina right now that Piccolo didn't even have during the Cell games, let alone when he and Hammer were even in strength. I'm not asking that everybody roll over and die instantly when Rothax looks at them. I'm just asking for some consistency. I mentioned this BEFORE Rudy made his last post and it went ignored. Take complaints up with him, not me.

I'll post something involving Rothax tomorrow-ish.

Kuro Espeon
13th December 2009, 09:20 PM
I'm going to try and get one more HTC Kura post in before they all come out, since I want get her a small training montage plus character development. Will try to get that up shortly.

However, I'm wondering what I'm going to do with her after she comes out. If Heald is cool with it, I was thinking it might be interesting to have Kura fight Shimuto, since they might be about the same level and it would be an interesting fight. But there would have to be some kind of set-up for it since she probably wouldn't just jump into a fight at random. Hmm... *ponders*

Master Rudy
13th December 2009, 09:26 PM
Well it's as Heald said. The first group went in just after Rothax's transformation and the destruction of West City. Let's say that was 5 minutes before Hammer flew off. And while travel time in the anime/manga is usually shown to be fairly short be aware that Hammer had to fly quite some distance. He had to drop to ground level, fly east accross the ocean and then slightly past the city itself. Let's say that took about 20 minutes if he was flying there fully powered and at top speed. Personally I think that's a bit on the low side but meh. That leaves 25 minutes elapsed since the group first went in. If Hammer held his own for 10 minutes that brings it up to 35. Victoria's battle could have gone for 5 minutes and then another 5 could have went by following her return. There's your 45 minutes right there. I will admit it may have flowed a bit better and been understood easier if I said it was 45 closer to the end but it's not a major issue that a quick edit can't fix ^_~

Bear
13th December 2009, 10:13 PM
As we all know, in DBZ time can be severely altered to fit the plot. Sometimes they have battles that supposedly last several hours, and others that last 10 minutes (over the course of like 10 episodes -_-). The reason I did what I did was to be consistent with the plots. What was I supposed to do? Have Hammer die and take my character out of the RPG? What the fuck would I do that for? I'm just trying to build some action and get some good fight scenes in, I'm not trying to be chronologically accurate. DBZ is not exactly the place to be if you want continuity...

Master Rudy
13th December 2009, 10:28 PM
Case in point......
Frieza-Planet Namek is going to be destroyed in five minutes!
*10 episodes later*
Frieza-The planet is doomed! It'll be destroyed ANY MINUTE NOW!!!!!

Master Rudy
14th December 2009, 03:01 AM
On another note I think it's about time that Van gets brought back into the fold somehow. There's no doubt that Shitagi at least caught wind of that battle since he's been monitoring power levels on his scouter whenever he's not been busy. If he were to check the Dragon Radar and see that Van has three DB's then there is no doubt that he'd want to check out who it possibly was......of course then again at this point he's got no way of knowing that it's actually Van. For all Shitagi knows Van is simply the cheerful guy with the booze that was playing the guitar at the tournament that seemingly disappeared without a trace (he was too tied up in his own battle to notice he was captured). Without a way to know it's Van rounding up the balls then Shitagi might also assume it's one of Rothax's men. Of course then again he wouldn't have an explaination for why this guy would fight a bunch of Rothax's other men, ect, ect......

Damn.....this is all making my head hurt. Just join us somehow MoP! :lol:

Master of Paradox
14th December 2009, 07:43 AM
Well, that and it'd be nearly impossible to miss the massive water column that launched up when Van hit D-Trance. He was slightly northwest of South City when he went off, so anyone on the Lookout could see it. Or, for that matter, anyone who happened to be looking in that general direction.

And yes, I do know where I'm going with this. I finally worked out who Van is a couple weeks ago. Of course, that's a secret.

Van's got new theme music:

"Confused" Van Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKe8k8P2FNw)

The D-Trance theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3unTWC_DDbQ)

Heald
14th December 2009, 03:05 PM
Okay, let's get this straight.

1-Star - With Rothax (taken by Blaque and Whyte)
2-Star - At the Sanctuary (found by Retasu and co)
3-Star - With Van Osiku
4-Star - At the Sanctuary (found by Shitagi)
5-Star - With Van Osiku
6-Star - With Rothax (taken by Shimuto)
7-Star - With Van Osiku

So the DB hunt is over, I guess. I'm not exactly sure who has the 2 and 4 star, I'd imagine Shitagi (4 star) and either Retasu or Kura (2 star) and I can't imagine they would be giving them up any time soon.

Anyway Kuro, I kind of like where you are heading with that idea. Hell, I might even convince Zaito to go with Kura, since now they and Sandor have had the benefit of training for over 2 weeks in very intense conditions, although maybe not Shimuto. I think the Kwalis would be a more interesting match.

Bear
14th December 2009, 07:21 PM
I guess Hammer and someone else are up in the Chamber next then? This is flowing in perfect DBZ format!

Kuro Espeon
14th December 2009, 09:52 PM
I'm thinking at this point the only thing that will get Kura involved would be the possibility of getting more Dragonballs, so maybe that can be her prerogative. Maybe if she and Zaito go off (or she leaves and he follows her) and somehow track down Van at the same time as the Kwali's and/or Shimuto and a fight would ensue? I dunno, that's really all I can think of. I still think Kura vs. Shimuto and then maybe Zaito and Sandor vs. the Kwali's would be an interesting set-up (though it would definitely be a challenge!), but it's up to you what you want to do with Shimuto.

Master Rudy
14th December 2009, 10:22 PM
I guess Hammer and someone else are up in the Chamber next then? This is flowing in perfect DBZ format!

Seems to be going pretty good at the moment despite the lack of activity on the parts of MC, Gav and JT. As far as the HTC goes the next four will most likely be Hammer, Shitagi, Basawe and Retasu. The only thing that may keep one or more of them out of the chamber at this point would be personal reasons or something drastic. Also I'm going to try to have Shitagi push for the full two hours like his mother wants him to do. If you guys want to stay or go then that's up to you ^_~

Bear
15th December 2009, 08:47 AM
I think that'd work for Hammer as well. After being handily beaten three times by Shimuto, Rothax, and Rothax again, he's bound to be pretty angry at himself (on the inside though, he won't express it), so he'll be very motivated to push himself to the limit. I think I'll wait til later to have him fuse with Furuto though, it's too early in the RPG.

Blademaster
15th December 2009, 05:59 PM
Actually, Heald, Basawe currently has the 4-star ball. Shitagi gave it to him right before his attempted suicide sacrifice.

You're right about the rest of your post, though. He might not be inclined to hand it back over just yet...

Heald
16th December 2009, 05:41 AM
Blade: Fair enough, that makes sense.

Kuro: Well, everyone is going back to the ship and sending the Kwalis out. I guess Kura and Zaito could take the DB Radar and find Van, only for the Kwalis to show up to destroy them (although after the training, they're not going to be expecting our characters to be a lot stronger). Plus considering Van's enigmatic nature, I don't think he is going to just give up the DBs either.

Anyway, I was thinking of posting a sparring sequence between Zaito and Kura before they leave the HTC. Any objections to anything here?

Kuro Espeon
16th December 2009, 09:02 AM
No objections here. As long as it's fair. ;)

Oh, just a reminder to everyone about Kura (if you use her in your posts). Due to the events of her past, Kura doesn't really trust anyone, especially other Saiyans (since she was exiled from Ninjin and then betrayed by a group of Earth Saiyans as well). After the betrayal and murder of her husband, she felt that she was incapable of protecting anyone and decided, from then on, to only take responsibility for herself. Because of this, she is a prime example of self-serving behavior and rarely does anything that doesn't have some benefit for her. (And yes, the fact that she saved Basawe is quite out-of-character for her and she's just as confused about it as you are, I'm sure ;) )

However, she's not totally heartless. She's also a lot more calm and collected then Retasu and has a has a tendency for dry humor or sarcasm.

She currently has a Dragonball (the Two-star I believe) and, much like the others, has no intention of giving it up anytime soon. :D

Anyway, I guess that's Kura in a nutshell in terms of how to include her in your posts. I don't care what people do as long as she's not extremely OOC. (Guess I should've posted this earlier, huh? XD )

Bear
16th December 2009, 05:07 PM
Because of this, she is a prime example of self-serving behavior and rarely does anything that doesn't have some benefit for her.

So you basically modeled her after yourself irl? :D *runz*

Kuro Espeon
16th December 2009, 09:34 PM
So you basically modeled her after yourself irl? :D *runz*

Hardy har f*** you har. >,<

Master Rudy
17th December 2009, 01:53 AM
Well what are we waiting for then? Let's get Gamma active, have Retasu steal his DR programming while she's alone, get group one out and get the show on the road! ^_~

EDIT-On another note I was reading back over some of this and just remembered that Blade mentioned that Rothax has FIVE forms 0_0
I think it's safe to say that:
Base=Goku vs. Nappa (OVER 9000!!!)
2nd Form=Vegeta vs. Goku (Ranges 20K-34K)

Where exactly is that going to put forms 3-5 then? :confused:

Bear
17th December 2009, 07:31 AM
Where exactly is that going to put forms 3-5 then? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsC5wX0LRY

Master Rudy
17th December 2009, 08:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsC5wX0LRY

Care to put that in layman's terms for the people who can't use You Tube due to a shitty ass 49.2 Kbps dial up connection from Cincinnati Bell? :mad:

Heald
17th December 2009, 08:34 AM
It's Second-Form Frieza saying '1 million' over and over again. It's an unfunny response to the original Over 9000! video.

Master Rudy
17th December 2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah I think I know the video now that you've told me about it. Come on James.....that the best you can do?

Asilynne
17th December 2009, 02:43 PM
Give me some time Rudy, I need a nap soon before my second job, but most likely either sat or sun Ill be able to post, now that Ive given E2 a much needed post SU is next :D

Blademaster
17th December 2009, 03:17 PM
Rothax's power level won't reach THAT high, but it's safe to say that by his fourth form, Rothax will be pulling out 6-digit power levels with ease.

I have a plan for how the fight between second-form Rothax and Kura, Sandor, and Zaito (and Gamma?) will go while the others are in the Time Chamber, but I have to talk to Heald first. And anyway, for now we needn't worry about that - we have Retasu's and Basawe's substories to get out of the way first, and even by the time the battle DOES roll around, neither side will be falling very quickly.

One thing I want to clarify: the rematch with the Kwalis. They're on the way to the lookout. The lookout that's 60 miles in the sky. And hovering over the Tower of Plot Importance. They won't be a match for Kura, Sandor, and Zaito once they're out of the Time Chamber, but they're too stupid to find the lookout without trashing the tower first, thinking the power levels they sense are there. Which means that anybody not in the Chamber right now who can sense them coming had better try and hold them off.

Bear
17th December 2009, 05:51 PM
It's Second-Form Frieza saying '1 million' over and over again. It's an unfunny response to the original Over 9000! video.

That's harsh man, I thought it was pretty funny! I just thought it was appropriate in context with the current conversation about Rothax's forms :D

But sorry Mr Seriouspants!

Anyway, I guess now that Hammer had a senzu bean he can participate in the fight to hold the Kwalis at bay. Who else is at the lookout that isn't in the chamber? As far as I know it's Hammer, Shitagi, Victoria, Furuto, Basawe, and Retasu. Is this correct or am I missing someone?

Heald
17th December 2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry, I meant a less funny video. It didn't have as good an execution as the original OVER 9000! video had.

Also, I was in an INCREDIBLY bad mood earlier. My bank has literally stuck its finger up at me and told me to get bent.

Master Rudy
17th December 2009, 10:44 PM
Who else is at the lookout that isn't in the chamber? As far as I know it's Hammer, Shitagi, Victoria, Furuto, Basawe, and Retasu. Is this correct or am I missing someone?

Well group one (Zaito, Sandor and Kura) is about to come out and group two is about to go in. As it stands group two is looking like it'll be Shitagi, Retasu, Basawe and one more person with Shitagi in paticular trying to push for two hours. If Hammer is up for it he can be #4. The only way I could see Shitagi and company fighting the Kwali brothers is if the two brutes attack just as the first group is on the way out and before the second group can get prepared/enter.

Bear
18th December 2009, 08:17 AM
Perhaps a way to get the battle in is to have them arrive before the other group emerges, and the others have to hold them back. However, just as things begin to turn for the worse, the other group emerges from the Chamber. The Kwalis will be outmatched and have to split. Does this work, or are the Kwalis too dumb to run away? Just an idea, we don't have to do it that way.

Oh and yes, Hammer will most decidedly want to go in the chamber :D

Heald
18th December 2009, 08:43 AM
Hmm. Maybe they could be led away under the pretence that they will be given their Dragonballs. After all, Kura has taken one into the chamber (and therefore it is undetectable by any radar) and Basawe has the 4-star. Then they could hold them out long enough for Zaito and Kura to bust out and finish them off. After all, by the time the Kwalis arrive, there will be at most 5 to 10 minutes left for Zaito and Kura left in the HTC.

Also, bear in mind Furuto will have a religious attitude to defending the Lookout. He will definitely want to head the Kwalis off before they can even SEE the Lookout. Even if you guys don't go, he will feel he absolutely must go.

Blademaster
18th December 2009, 12:01 PM
Hmm. Maybe they could be led away under the pretence that they will be given their Dragonballs. After all, Kura has taken one into the chamber (and therefore it is undetectable by any radar) and Basawe has the 4-star. Then they could hold them out long enough for Zaito and Kura to bust out and finish them off.

I like that. Basawe and Furuto can distract them (Basawe's power level should be high enough by now to be on even ground with one of them.), then Zaito and Kura can come and finish the job.

On a more serious note, I think we should address the activity of two people in this RPG: CEB (Sandor) and Outlaw JT (Batuo). They've been absent for far too long. Must we continue to carry their characters for them? Batuo is already pretty much forgotten; Sandor doesn't seem that vital anymore, either.

What should we do?

Heald
18th December 2009, 12:18 PM
Well, we could ask Crazy if he still wants to be in. JT has gone AWOL, so who knows. It's hard enough to keep track of characters that are active in the RPG without having to take the inactives into account.

As I said earlier in this thread; if you're inactive, your character gets written out. It is up to the RPer to write them back in if they so wish. It's not like we have a chronic lack of active players.

Anyway, what about Clown? After you killed his character, perhaps he could be rebuilt in time to help the fight against the Kwalis. After all, we have yet to see what he can really do (apart from get chomped by Rothax).

Asilynne
18th December 2009, 03:12 PM
If you guys will give me a couple days ^-^() my post will take care of some of the questions that keep arising, I already have a plan on what to do with Bens char. And it doesnt involve killing him XD Sure, shes going to steal something from him but it would look too suspicious if she was "fixing" him, only to leave him dead. Tomorrow I may be able to post since we are going to get a ton of snow and Im not sure if Ill be able to make it in x.x

Blademaster
18th December 2009, 05:39 PM
Hurry the Hell up then, lazy wench. :mad:

Kuro Espeon
18th December 2009, 09:13 PM
If you guys will give me a couple days ^-^() my post will take care of some of the questions that keep arising, I already have a plan on what to do with Bens char. And it doesnt involve killing him XD Sure, shes going to steal something from him but it would look too suspicious if she was "fixing" him, only to leave him dead. Tomorrow I may be able to post since we are going to get a ton of snow and Im not sure if Ill be able to make it in x.x

I understand, brandeh! You're working two jobs, it's understandable. But yeah, I think there's a good chance neither you nor I will have to go to our respective jobs tomorrow if this snow keeps up (they're reporting that it's going to be about 20 inches by the time it's done, but we'll see...)

I'm sure in the meantime Heald and I can get some last minute training done in HTC!

Asilynne
18th December 2009, 10:04 PM
Considering I slid twice just going from work to home (which is a 5 min drive) Im thinking I wont be able to x.x! Im setting my alarm for 4 am though just to check how the roads are and if they are shitty (most likely) then Ill have to call in which I HATE but I guess Id better so I dont die :P lol
EDIT: and if thats the case Ill post tomorrow lol

Master Rudy
19th December 2009, 12:09 AM
Considering I slid twice just going from work to home (which is a 5 min drive) Im thinking I wont be able to x.x! Im setting my alarm for 4 am though just to check how the roads are and if they are shitty (most likely) then Ill have to call in which I HATE but I guess Id better so I dont die :P lol
EDIT: and if thats the case Ill post tomorrow lol

The world is a better place with you in it so don't risk it :P

If the Kawali's come into play before the first group is out of the HTC then you can bet Shitagi will be more than willing to fight. If memory serves me then they were about 5000 each. Following my character's injuries and near death encounter from using way too much ki I'd say Shitagi can easily push to 3500-4000 now. At the very least he'd be able to hold his own and perhaps put one of the Kawali's down for good with a Kaio-Ken assisted attack ^_~

Master Rudy
22nd December 2009, 05:42 AM
First and formost happy holidays to everyone in the RPG.

Moving on to the RPG itself I'm pretty much dead in the water right now. I don't want to jump ahead too much and have Shitagi or Victoria fix Gamma just yet since Retasu is suppose to be stealing the programing in his memory for the Dragon Radar (which is somewhat of a moot point now since all seven Dragon Balls are now accounted for. One way or another it's coming down to a battle for full control). I'm also sharing concerns about the inactive players. JT left just as quickly as he came in and despite being active elsewhere on the site CEB has not posted for Sandor in quite some time. There's also the matter of Gav but I've spoken with him and know his reasons. He's intrested but busy and we do have his character accounted for. As a result no big deal there. MC with Gamma is also inactive but I think that's more of an issue of the type of character he is playing. A dead Earthling, Namekian, ect. would at least have a few options. They could be watching the battles somehow and feel helpless, be training with King Kai, ect. A damaged Android that has not been totally destroyed isn't left with many options until he/she is fixed. As a result if MC is still intrested in this then I say for his sake everyone involved with Gamma resolves their plot threads with him and gets him back up and running.

Now as for the other two characters here's what I think. Personally if it was up to me I'd say kill them off in an upcoming battle since that's what usually tends to happen to inactive players/characters in an action oriented RPG such as this. However if one of them came back then you'd potentially have the messy situation of their character being dead. Granted in a Dragon Ball RPG being dead is usually just a minor issue unlike in say a Resident Evil RPG. Even so I think it would be best to find a way to keep their characters alive but out of the way for now in case they do happen to come back.

Kuro Espeon
22nd December 2009, 08:29 AM
Or... we just send them PMs asking if they still plan on posting, and if not, do we have permission to kill off their characters? I think that's a bit simpler.

Personally, I think there should be a rule in an RPG that if your character is inactive for an extended amount of time (unless you've already given reasons for your absence and intend to return), then they become fair game for the other member of the RPG, and that means killing them off if they deem it appropriate. ;D

That being said, I think we should at least attempt to contact JT and CEB first. Just out of courtesy.

Heald
22nd December 2009, 11:29 AM
Agreed. Sorry, I've been mega busy with Xmas shopping so I haven't really been able to give this attention. I shall send some PMs in due course.

Blademaster
22nd December 2009, 04:52 PM
They've been inactive for weeks, if not months. If they haven't returned yet, they're not going to.

Let them fall by the wayside and be forgotten. Nothing in this RPG is due to their contributions.

Master Rudy
23rd December 2009, 02:18 AM
That being said, I think we should at least attempt to contact JT and CEB first. Just out of courtesy.

Well I never said don't contact them. Contacting them first would be the right thing to do. However if you guys want my opinion I think we're have more luck getting in touch with CEB than we will JT. CEB is at least around and online. JT's just simply seemed to disappear :-/

Master Rudy
30th December 2009, 06:17 AM
Giving a heads up and fair warning. It's been over two weeks since the last post. I've been waiting due to quite a few of you going "Oh I'm posting on Monday/this weekend/after work/tommorow/ect!" Unless Heald tells me to hold off then in the next day or two I'm going to make a quickie post saying Gamma was fixed and that the first group is on the way out of the time chamber. I understand that it's the holidays and that people work, have school, ect but it gets tiring waiting on everyone else after awhile when your character isn't able to do much of anything without waiting on someone else first :-/

Heald
30th December 2009, 08:25 AM
Go for it. I have no problem with people doing retrospective posts (i.e. making posts from a point significant chronologically previous to the latest post involving your character) so don't feel bad if someone tries to shunt the RPG along. I'll try and get a post involving Zaito and Kura up soon.

Blademaster
30th December 2009, 10:49 AM
Fine by me. Just don't do anything with Basawe that I wouldn't do.

Master Rudy
4th January 2010, 12:03 AM
Well it looks like Heald got things moving again. Hopefully in the next day or two if someone else doesn't beat me to it then I'll go ahead and get Basawe, Hammer, Retasu and Shitagi into the chamber. Also saw the comment about Sandor. How do we proceed for now? Do we move on as if she was never there?

Kuro Espeon
4th January 2010, 01:57 AM
I'm working on a Kura post right now. I just have to finish it tomorrow cause it's nearly 3am and I'm exhausted. @_@ But I have the day off work tomorrow, so I will hopefully get the post up at some point (I'll try not to procrastinate, even though it's in my nature...).

As for Sandor... well, provided that we have yet to hear from CEB one way or another about her, I say just write her out for now and if CEB returns it'll be up to him to bring her back in.

Master Rudy
4th January 2010, 02:57 AM
It's paticularly annoying in the case of Sandor. Unlike JT who just disappeared overnight, CEB is still posting and active on TPM. I even COMMENTED on it in an unrelated post in Misc!

Seriously bro if you want out of an RPG then at least be decent enough to let folks know ~_~()

Heald
12th January 2010, 10:44 AM
Someone better post something soon, or I'll just force the story along.

Kuro Espeon
12th January 2010, 01:54 PM
Hey, I was the last person to post, so don't look at me! XD

How come every time I post the RPG goes stagnant?

Blademaster
13th January 2010, 01:26 AM
I'm waiting for either Rudy to post anything at all or for Asi to swipe Gamma's radar thing. Don't look in my direction.

EDIT: Just looked back at the RPG again. Scratch what I said - Shitagi and Basawe are both on the deck. I can whip up a post soon. Just give me time to sleep and get some shit done during the day.

Master Rudy
13th January 2010, 01:39 AM
Well as I said elsewhere in the forum work has been a bit crazy due to the holidays and the NFL Playoffs. Now that Christmas is over and I don't have any birthdays to worry about for at least another three months I should be able to save for my computer fairly quick. I may be able to get something up in a few hours once I'm done posting elsewhere, catching up and brainstorming.

Bear
13th January 2010, 09:30 AM
WRITER'S BLOCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Will post soon -_-

Blademaster
13th January 2010, 12:02 PM
Just read Rudy's post. The terms "plot spackle" and "expositional theatre" come to mind.

EDIT: It's 'Kwali,' not 'Kawali.'

Bear
14th January 2010, 07:52 PM
"plot spackle" and "expositional theatre"

What the hell do those mean?

Blademaster
15th January 2010, 12:18 AM
It means that Rudy's posts are WAAAAAY too mouthy. Shitagi talks and thinks way more than I can see any typical human doing. I mean, this is a DBZ RPG. Save the 14-episode speeches and thoughtful revelations for the proper time, like in the middle of a battle. :sweat2:

Master Rudy
15th January 2010, 01:32 AM
Blade......I've been on this message board for nearly 10 years (the RPG forum for about 8 years). This is simply how I post and write. Some people are happy with a 1-2 paragraph post. I'm not.....I feel that if all I have to add is that much then I've got nothing to contribute. Now granted I'm not saying that I don't occassionally make shorter posts. However longer posts have always been what I prefered since it allows a person to go into more detail about a situation. What is that character thinking? What's going on around them? When it comes to RPG's I've always felt longer is better. I'm not saying everyone has to post as if they are writing War and Peace. If you feel you do better with a short post then that's fine. Besides I personally think it fits with Shitagi's character. He IS the heir of Capsule Corp! As a result I believe he's bound to think about things a bit more than the others.

On another note I'm sorry if I got the name of the Kwali's wrong. Is it really that big of a deal to you? You all know who I was talking about. That's almost as bad as the countless people that try to argue that Goku's name is correctly spelled as "Gokou" or "Gokuu" :-/

Blademaster
15th January 2010, 02:06 AM
On the one hand, you have a point. On the other hand,

"That's the problem right there. Back on the Saiyan homeworld people are pretty quick to call your great grandfather a traitor. Working with Frieza in his younger years didn't help. Now granted the ones that do this fail to look at the facts. First he was off planet when the genocide occured. Second he never came back. You'd figure they'd be smart enough to look at the facts. Anyone normal or sane would have figured he was already dead or unable to return for whatever reason."

"But there's another thing that doesn't make sense. Let's say for a moment that at the end of all of this that her one and only goal is to get the Dragon Balls. What does she wish for? She seems to despise the current Saiyan royal family that took over Planet Vegeta. She can't wish for their death since the Dragon Balls can't directly kill anyone. Granted she could maybe wish for something natural to happen such as an earthquake or meteor storm. However that runs the risk of killing innocent Saiyans. Whatever misgivings she may have I don't see her senselessly slaughtering the whole planet to get at a few select people."

"I'm sorry Hammer. It was not meant as disrespect towards Kuji. Even with the training I'm afraid that Kura and Zaito may only be around the level of my normal Kaio-Ken. At most they may be equal to Rothax when I fought with him, but that's nowhere near his current power level. Now granted Rothax has no idea about the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. As a result he won't be expecting us to improve so much in such a short time. However he's seen my Kaio-Ken and my mother's. It's a suicide play. Rothax is arrogant but he's not stupid. He's most likely betting on the fact that they will catch us off guard and kill some of us before me and my mother stop them. Either that or he really truely thinks they can beat us all despite the use of Kaio-Ken. What he didn't count on however was you being here. These guys aren't the smartest and they love destruction. If one stray blast hits you Kuji then I'm afraid nothing will stop Rothax from simply destroying the Earth. With no Dragon Balls his mission is over. The fact that he's got a real short fuse doesn't help either."

People don't talk like this, especially when death is waltzing up to their doorstep.

And don't get testy about the names. I was pointing out a mistake, not berating and screaming at you over it.

Crazy Elf Boy
15th January 2010, 04:23 AM
Sorry for neglecting this RPG for such a long time, thanks for keeping my character included for as long as you did. I shall have a post done soon.

Master Rudy
15th January 2010, 04:37 AM
Good to see you back CEB. For a little while we started to proceed like Sandor wasn't there (kinda like we did we Van prior to his return). I'm not sure if you may need to talk to Heald first on the matter but I'd assume that if your back we can say your with the rest of the group following my last post and that Sandor also completed the training in the time chamber ^_~

Bear
15th January 2010, 08:29 AM
So Rudy, did you intend the rest of us to help you fight the Kwalis? I'm kind of confused as to your intentions, so I haven't posted yet. Need some confirmation before I proceed.

Master Rudy
15th January 2010, 08:44 AM
This battle is going to be Kura and Zaito's more than anyone else's (and Sandor as well if CEB is 100% back). I had everyone else show up with the obvious exception of Gav and Van for two reasons: it allows everyone's character to be on the sidelines and watching. As a result no one is left out and they can post their thoughts on the battle. Plus it lets the actual characters see that the time chamber works.

Currently just to recap the next group in consists of Shitagi, Retasu, Basawe and Hammer. Same general idea: everyone inside is going for an hour. Shitagi however is going to push for two hours at the insistance of his mother. The others are welcome to stay the full two hours or leave at any point. After that the characters left to enter will be Gamma, Gav and Van. Of course Gav won't be using it anytime soon and I don't know if Gamma could increase his power level with training like a normal person. As a result the only one who may be able to get any kind of benefit from the HTC when he eventually rejoins is Van.

Heald
15th January 2010, 10:02 AM
Has Van just jumped into the battle then?

Master of Paradox
15th January 2010, 11:00 AM
Pretty much, yes. He has no idea how, but he landed in front of the Kwalis.

He appears to have Hercule's luck.

Kuro Espeon
15th January 2010, 11:23 AM
Pretty much, yes. He has no idea how, but he landed in front of the Kwalis.

I could be mistaken, but aren't they all fighting in mid-air? O_o

Master of Paradox
15th January 2010, 02:57 PM
I could be mistaken, but aren't they all fighting in mid-air? O_o

It's a little hard for me to follow some of the posts in this game, I confess. A lot of walls-of-text. Given that Van can fly, though, all that really changes is a few details.

Blademaster
15th January 2010, 03:06 PM
Just how strong ARE the Kwalis right now, anyway? Anybody have a ballpark on that number?

Heald
15th January 2010, 03:18 PM
Well, since I invented them, I'm going to say 5000 base, 10000 full power, and between 8000-13000 when they merge (due to it not being a perfect fusion, but more a bastardised version of it).

Also, for the record, unless someone's posts in the RPG are significantly detrimental to the RPG, please don't nitpick every little aspect about it. Different people have different posting styles, and as long as it does the job (e.g. develops character, moves the plot along etc.) then please don't feel the need to criticise it. If you feel someone's posts are ruining the RPG, PM me please, don't post your opinions here. Even constructive criticism is still criticism which people may not respond well to, no matter how positive you intended it to be. This applies for EVERYONE.

Please feel free to praise each other's posts though.

I'm posting this because I feel there is an atmosphere of negativity in this thread, which I feel is having a worse effect on the RPG and its participants than any single member's RPG posts are having.

So everyone BE FRIENDS NOW OR I'M GOING TO KICK ALL YOUR ASSES :angry:

Kuro Espeon
15th January 2010, 10:49 PM
So everyone BE FRIENDS NOW OR I'M GOING TO KICK ALL YOUR ASSES :angry:

ROFL!!! Heald, I <3 you! XDD

On another note, in terms of power level, I was planning on having Kura be a good deal above the Kwali's, but just shy of second form Rothax. So she'll be able to kick some Kwali ass, but then get her OWN ass handed to her by Rothax. So unless anyone has any serious objections, I'm guessing Kura's current power level would be topping out around 23,000? Rothax is at about 25,000, right? If he's lower than that then I can always drop Kura's level to below whatever it is.

Blademaster
16th January 2010, 07:24 AM
Rothax's second form maxes out at 35,000. He can't go much higher than that - maybe 40,000 if he's teetering on the brink of death and his body overloads on adrenaline. You know, like when a person in a dire situation can somehow manage crazy strength they couldn't normally use.

RELEVANT EDIT: I request that nobody portray Chita in their future posts until I say so, please. She's not a fighter. I mean, she IS, but she's not the strong kind or the fast kind - she's the silent kind. If the Kwalis were Heavies and Blaque and Whyte were Scouts, she'd be a Spy. She's planning on securing the Dragonballs amidst the chaos of the battle, and she can mask her power level as well as camouflauge herself VERY well, so it'll be hard to notice her doing so. How she'll do it when the Dragonballs are literally in everyone's pockets... Eh. If Retasu can find a way to do it, then so can she. ;)

And yes, Kamo, Kados, Blaque, Whyte, and Chita combined DO have this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWgEXZpeSqY) theme music. So it's unoriginal. Shut up.

Asilynne
16th January 2010, 12:13 PM
Retasu has her ways ;D lol

Anyway Ive been thinking about my character and it occured to me that it may seem odd that a saiyan elite is so well versed in technology when at the same time she prides herself on strength and combat ability as a true saiyan would. So Im going to elaborate a bit more since Ive never actually mentioned it much in her history.
The way I was thinking it would be is that in the 100 or so years on Ninjin rule, more emphasis was put on not only killing weaker species but pirating and adapting their technologies to the saiyans own. The early Ninjins saw technology as yet another way to conquer and be the best at something and so they integrated learning how to use it as part of the saiyan lifestyle, which traditional saiyans hated. Retasu herself outwardly hates it because shes a saiyan purist and wants the race to go back to how it was under Vegeta's rule, but at the same time since she has gained considerable skill in it cant help but take pride in it and likes it (though she would NEVER admit that XD). I dont want to give too much away but expect her character and beliefs to grow and change as she sees more and more of the place Vegeta called home.

Master Rudy
17th January 2010, 02:52 AM
Ok....right now I'm waiting on either a Kura or Zaito post with the eventual ass kicking that the Kwali's are about to receive :D
Following that I'm going to have Shitagi make his way to the time chamber along with his Dragon Ball before everyone gets wrapped up in all the nasty things to come. One thing I am wondering about is power levels of Kura and Zaito (and Sandor if CEB is still in this) following that training. I know we're not doing strict "your power level is higher than X but lower than Y" type crap provided common sense is used. However it would be helpful if I at least had something to work with. Heald if you can give me a ballpark figure of where you think they stand after an hour of training then that'd be great ^_~

Heald
17th January 2010, 07:29 AM
Hmm, well as of my post, Zaito will be hovering about 7000-8000 just as a base, but this is the first chance since leaving the chamber that he has had chance to really cut loose, hence like when Goku first appeared to Nappa and Vegeta, he is going to need some time to get to full power, which, like Kuro said, will be between around 20000-25000, so enough to decisively destroy the Kwalis.

Also CEB, great you want to jump in, but since you've kind of been written out in the last few posts, you'll need to write yourself back in, but please only do so if you feel you are going to stay in the RPG right until the end. Your character WAS in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, so will be about as strong as Zaito and Kura ATM.

Blademaster
17th January 2010, 10:23 AM
Following that I'm going to have Shitagi make his way to the time chamber along with his Dragon Ball before everyone gets wrapped up in all the nasty things to come.

Sorry, Rudy. But the 4-star Dragonball is still in Basawe's possession.

As I've said before, Basawe and Shitagi are going to have a little 'talk.' And Basawe isn't going to be asking for Shitagi's help in regards to the matter.

Kuro Espeon
17th January 2010, 10:50 AM
, he is going to need some time to get to full power, which, like Kuro said, will be between around 20000-25000.

Err... Would Zaito really be at the same power level as Kura? o_o I'm not trying to god-mod or anything, but since Kura is a Saiyan, wouldn't her power level probably be higher than his? Ah well... I really don't care either way, I was just curious. It's not like they're fighting each other. XD

I also just remember that Kura still has HER Dragonball. I'm not sure what she's going to do with it, cause I don't know if she want to risk losing it during the fight, but she'd also be reluctant to give it to someone else. Maybe she'll entrust Basawe with it...

Heald
17th January 2010, 11:02 AM
Bear in mind whilst humans are physically weaker, they can also pull off pretty amazing feats when they put their minds to it. The difference between Kura at full power and Zaito at full power is that Zaito will definitely not be able to sustain being at full power for as long, most likely only when performing his most powerful attacks. Think back to the Cell saga - Super Saiyan Vegeta was being toyed with by Android 18, yet Tien, although probably weaker than Vegeta, could beat down Imperfect Cell for a brief period whilst at full-power. Think of it like this: Saiyan can rely on their brute strength and their physical power, whereas humans have to rely on technique and training in order to gain the edge.

Kuro Espeon
17th January 2010, 11:21 AM
Bear in mind whilst humans are physically weaker, they can also pull off pretty amazing feats when they put their minds to it.

That is true. ;D

So apparently the voices in Van's head have some beef with Kura. O_o I have no idea what it could be. Should be interesting to find out.... XD

Asilynne
17th January 2010, 01:16 PM
SARAH NO give it to me ^-^ KURA DOESNT KNOW WHAT YOU DO lol Please please because she would ask for it <3 in the nicest way a saiyan can ;D

Blademaster
17th January 2010, 04:14 PM
Oh, sure. Hand over one of the plot coupons to the second-most greedy individual in the RPG as opposed to the guy everyone thinks is too piss-poor weak and nicey-nice to the Earthlings to pose any real problems. Smart thinking on Kura's part. :sweat:

Asilynne
17th January 2010, 04:37 PM
Hey we have history together, she was my faithful bodyguard XDD And dont you forget who let you carry it in the first place! I could have held onto it after I destroyed that forest ;D

Blademaster
17th January 2010, 04:58 PM
Or she could just say "Fuck you." to us both and keep it as a means to her own ends. She's not just a puppet like... I dunno, Sandor or something. She got motives too. Dead husband > dead king.

Kuro Espeon
17th January 2010, 05:10 PM
*whistles innocently* :keke:

Asilynne
17th January 2010, 05:19 PM
Sarah.....*whispers* trust me......

Bear
17th January 2010, 06:02 PM
Give it to Hammer for shits and giggles.

Kura: Here take this
Hammer: Why?
Kura: Just take it
Hammer: why the fuck would you want me to have it?
Kura: DO IT BEFORE I STOMP YOUR GOOFY ASS
Hammer: ok...

Master of Paradox
17th January 2010, 09:28 PM
Now, now. We're assuming she still has the thing to give away when the time comes...

Asilynne
17th January 2010, 09:35 PM
Your right I could probably steal it before then :D

Bear
17th January 2010, 09:59 PM
She knows I'll do the Running Man if she doesn't give it to me *evil grin*

Master Rudy
21st January 2010, 07:13 AM
I royally fucking hate the combination of Internet Explorer and dial up. I was just about done typing up a post that would get the second group into the HTC when the son of a bitch crashed on me >_<
I'm unable to recover what I had and to be honest I'm a little too pissed to start over so I'm going to hold off for now. Most likely I'll get something posted a bit later this afternoon or tonight. If someone does happen to post before me then feel free to get everyone to the lookout but don't go sending Shitagi in just yet. I need him and his mother to talk to one another before he starts training. Also don't forget about Sandor and the fact that she's finishing up in there ^_~

Blademaster
21st January 2010, 11:30 AM
Actually, she's already out.

Master Rudy
21st January 2010, 10:23 PM
Well I know she's out already. Just tossing out a reminder to everyone else. Don't forget that Elf was gone for quite awhile.

Bear
22nd January 2010, 08:59 AM
So is it necessary for the rest of us to stick around for this fight, or should we go ahead into the HTC? Seems like Zaito and Kura have the situation well under control, and the rest of us are just floating there watching. What's the plan? Also Heald I sent you a message :)

Heald
22nd January 2010, 09:22 AM
I was under the impression you were all heading to the HTC and the consensus was Zaito and Kura would finish off the Kwalis. My last post is deliberately open-ended - the Kwalis are resilient bastards.

Master of Paradox
22nd January 2010, 09:55 AM
And now Van's gone and screwed it up. Just to make things more "entertaining".

Hey, at least he's actually affecting the story.

K-Trance Van's Theme. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMTTUYRFc58)

Heald
22nd January 2010, 10:10 AM
I heartily approve of this twist. I have a few things in mind as to how this could develop.

Bear
22nd January 2010, 02:32 PM
Well shit we can't very well go into the chamber NOW can we?

Heald
22nd January 2010, 02:40 PM
I thought you guys were leaving anyway? Trust me, Zaito and Kura CAN handle this. After all, Van wouldn't hurt a fellow human...would he? 0_0;;

Bear
23rd January 2010, 12:47 AM
It just seems very un-DBZ like for a fight to break out between allies and then the rest of the group is like "k well y'all got this so we're gonna peace out bye"

Master Rudy
23rd January 2010, 04:47 AM
I thought you guys were leaving anyway? Trust me, Zaito and Kura CAN handle this. After all, Van wouldn't hurt a fellow human...would he? 0_0;;

Well as I originally intended I was going to have Shitagi and company in the time chamber BEFORE this latest development. However refer back to one of my previous posts in this topic for the reason why I held off. When you lose almost two hours worth of writing it's a major demotivator and mood killer :-/

In any case I should have something up in the next 1-3 hours. I've slowly been putting that post back together. I do want to point something out however. As of late I feel like in some ways that I am the one trying to move things along at certain points. Case in point is Zaito and Van showing up to the battle. At this point the second group that is suppose to be in the time chamber should have been en route. I made an attempt, got pissy and backed off for a moment. That one is on me. Even so that's five days.....plenty of time for Blade, Brandy or James to make a post moving out group forward.

I'm not trying to point fingers here but I guess what I'm saying is that at some points I feel like it's all falling on me to keep things going as far as the heroes are concerned. I sometimes look at this RPG and feel like if I don't post in it that nothing is going to move forward. The problem with that however is that this is not my RPG. This is in my mind equally Heald and Blade's RPG for being the creator and the main villian. Now granted I understand that this isn't the TPM RPG forum of 2003 when the majority of us were in high school. As a result most of us have commitments that come before posting in an RPG. I understand that it's no longer a time period where I can log in after being gone for five days and have to catch up on three to four days woth of posts. Even so I'd at least think that one of the three people playing character that Shitagi is grouped with could come up with something to move us forward in the span of five days. Instead I'm seeing MoP moving forward with his ideas and complaints that the group is now "stuck" at that battle. Remember guys......as long as it's only one or two posts I'm sure it's ok with Heald to backtrack a little. You don't have to go diving into this topic to complain about how your character is now stuck somewhere :-/

Speaking of MoP that was an awesome twist with Van. There's only one race in the Dragon Ball lore with that much hatred for Saiyans. I guess the real question now is this: is Van a Tuffle or is there something else at work here?

Master of Paradox
23rd January 2010, 07:39 AM
Speaking of MoP that was an awesome twist with Van. There's only one race in the Dragon Ball lore with that much hatred for Saiyans. I guess the real question now is this: is Van a Tuffle or is there something else at work here?

...what the heck's a Tuffle? (My DBZ knowledge is based mostly on the Budokai games and half-remembered Shonen Jump issues.)

I'm surprised there aren't more races with psychotic-level hatred towards Saiyans, given what they used to do for a living. Then again, I probably shouldn't be, since for a race to want vengence for that there'd have to be survivors.

Master Rudy
23rd January 2010, 08:55 AM
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Tuffle
For size comparison in that pic a Saiyan is on the left and a Tuffle is on the right. They look just like humans but are VERY small (even Krillin would be considered a giant among them)

In short they lived on Planet Vegeta along with the Saiyans and were wiped out in a war with them. Infomation about Baby and Dr. Raichi should be taken with a grain of salt since the info about those characters appeared in non-cannon materials (GT and an OVA/interactive game respectively). I'd imagine that it'd have been possible for maybe a few to somehow survive the purge. As far as races in the Dragon Ball universe goes the survivors have always been protrayed as the race with the most contempt and hatred for the Saiyans. Granted once again this is in non-cannon sources but think about it......if your race got wiped out by the Saiyans and you were one of a handful of survivors I think you'd be pretty pissed too.

Not sure exactly what you may have in mind MoP but perhaps this could fit in with Van's true background somehow ^_~

Bear
23rd January 2010, 09:20 PM
So I guess Retasu and Hammer will be training partners on the inside...should be an interesting clash of personalities :). Am I the only non-Saiyan in there?

Blademaster
23rd January 2010, 10:32 PM
Shitagi's only a partial Saiyan. Mostly human. If nothing else, HE'S more of a freak than Hammer - at least Hammer isn't technically a product of bestiality. :rotfl:

Master Rudy
24th January 2010, 02:48 AM
Shitagi's only a partial Saiyan. Mostly human. If nothing else, HE'S more of a freak than Hammer - at least Hammer isn't technically a product of bestiality. :rotfl:

A product of bestiality? Gee Blade.....thanks for that..... :lol:
In any case this is going to address a few key things that I've been meaning to either shed some light on (in regards to my character) or meaning to ask Heald (in regards to the RPG as a whole)

I just wanted to say that Blade's last post made me remember that I never did cover the exact amount of Shitagi's Saiyan blood. At some points I may have said half human out of force of habit. However here's how it breaks down. His grandparents were Goten and Bra who were both half. Therefore Shitagi's mother is 50/50. I assume at the point the exiles arrived that it wouldn't have left enough time for more hybrids to be born. Therefore Victoria would have married a Human. As a result this makes Shitagi 75/25 Human/Saiyan.

Now I have a feeling that fractions/percentages of Saiyan blood may eventually affect who can and can't go Super Saiyan (provided a potential sequel brings us far enough in power to reach it). As we know GT is a non-cannon material that depicted Pan (a quarter Saiyan) as unable to reach Super Saiyan. Yet in the final episode of GT it shows the decendants of Goku and Vegeta (who are only a SIXTEENTH Saiyan) both going Super Saiyan. All I can say in regards to that is WTF? Once again it's non-cannon but as a result it always eventually sparks the whole debate of how much Saiyan blood a character needs in order to transform and all the questions it brings. Is there a point that you lose the ability to become a Super Saiyan or does a character merely need to have Saiyans in their bloodline in order to reach it? Does it become harder to break that barrier as the blood becomes more diluted?

Now the RPG started up 100 years following the end of the Buu Saga. If Heald could give us an exact year then that'd be very helpful because for the whole RPG I haven't had the faintest idea when Ninjin took over, when the Saiyan exiles arrived, ect (it would also possibly determine if the current King Ninjin was Ninjin the First or the Second.....)

Finally in regards to Blade's last post. Earth in the Dragon Ball universe has no moon thanks to Piccolo during the Saiyan Saga. Now I honestly can't remember if it ever got restored at some point after that once none of the Saiyans had tails. However with quite a few Saiyans on the planet in the timeline of this RPG I'd have to assume there's no moon. After all when you consider that Earth has a full moon once a month it would kinda put the planet in a very bad state of affairs if all the Saiyans that lived there transformed into Oozaru form.

Heald
24th January 2010, 07:04 AM
The Moon has been destroyed multiple times during DB and DBZ, but the last time I recall it being destroyed is by Piccolo during the Saiyan saga. Otherwise, it was never restored. Whenever the Earth has been destroyed, the wish to bring it back never brought back the Moon either and since there are all these Saiyans, the fact that none of them have gone Oozaru probably means that the Moon has never been restored. Probably a good thing.

As for Ninjin, well, since Frieza's grip on the planet would have been lost around 110 years before the events of the RPG, lets say this for the dating system: BR = Before Rothax (i.e. the beginning of the RPG). Note that these are rough estimates.

110BR - Frieza is defeated by Goku on Namek.
109BR - The Saiyans reclaim Planet Vegeta, civil war breaks out.
100BR - Majin Buu is killed.
99BR - The first of the Ninjin claims Planet Vegeta, renames it Ninjin. Saiyans begin to leave the planet to search for a new home.
90BR - The first Saiyan refugees of the war discover Earth and their long-thought dead prince Vegeta alive and well, although no longer the bloodthirsty tyrant he was once believed to be.
80BR - The Saiyans on Earth begin trafficking Saiyans to Earth in order to escape Ninjin.
10BR - Prince Ninjin III, or King Ninjin as he is known now, grandson of the original King Ninjin, takes control of the throne.
0BR - Rothax arrives on Earth. Stuff blows up. People gonna die.

---

As for Super Saiyans, well I already said no Super Saiyans in this RPG, so as for blood dilution, it doesn't really matter at this moment in time. For the sequel, well, we can cover it then.

Master Rudy
31st January 2010, 02:04 AM
So what's the status of the battle with the Kwalis? Nobody has posted anything new on that front since Shitagi's group finally got into the time chamber :confused:

Heald
31st January 2010, 06:25 AM
I sent MoP a PM concerning it, I was waiting for his reply before I did anything, however he's away ATM but is meant to get back today, so hopefully I'll have a post up in the next couple of days.

Kuro Espeon
31st January 2010, 10:23 AM
Working on a post. @_@ Sorry guys, it's been slow going. Real life keep interfering. *shakes fist in the air*

Though Kura's gonna have to divide her attention now. Not only does she have the Kwali's to deal with, but now she has a spastic Van at her throat. She's gonna have to be creative with this one...

Master Rudy
5th February 2010, 04:50 AM
Seem like we stalled...... :-/
I'm trying to avoid double posting ATM. When one of you feel like moving this along then give me a shout. Until then I'll be in my trailer......
*puts on his shades and walks away*
AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY LATTE!!!! :lol:

Kuro Espeon
15th February 2010, 05:24 PM
OK, DONE! Phew, glad that's over w-- what? The fight's not over yet? DAGNABBIT! XD

So yeah, I totally fail at writing fight scenes so this took me a while to finish. However, I do have a game plan. I figured I would leave that post there so that MoP has another chance to add to the Kura/Van fight and then I would have Kura finish it off after that (probably with her Onryou no Genkotsu - refer to Kura's profile for more info on this attack). As long as this is ok with MoP, I'll work with it. Don't worry, she won't kill him, just knock the sense back into him. :cawg: Just in time for her to turn around and fight Kados... :sweat:

Master of Paradox
15th February 2010, 08:55 PM
Can't say I'm too thrilled with the plan there. After Van spent so long at right angles to everyone else, I've finally got him back in the story. Letting Kura knock him out now is basically shoving him back out of the footlights for who knows how long, and I might not be able to bring him forward again.

That, and my warning senses are going, "Don't job to the Saiyans! Look what happened to Krillin!"

I'm actually waiting for Heald to post Zaito's reaction to Van's assault on Kura before I make my next move.

Kuro Espeon
15th February 2010, 09:04 PM
Well she doesn't HAVE to knock him out, lol. But I'm just curious as to how else she's supposed to stop him? XD

I don't care either way but it might help me if you let me in on what exactly you had planned so I could work with it. ;D

Kuro Espeon
19th March 2010, 10:21 AM
*prods RPG* Is it dead again? o_o

Come on guys, don't let this thing disappear into oblivion! It was getting really good!

Why is it that the RPG always seems to surge for a while, and then as soon as I get around to posting it dies again? -_- I call shenanigans!

Blademaster
19th March 2010, 06:01 PM
It's because Rudy suddenly vanished (hypocrite). He would nag me and Heald WITHOUT END after every fucking post.

Every. Fucking. Post.

Master Rudy
4th April 2010, 06:42 AM
It's because Rudy suddenly vanished (hypocrite). He would nag me and Heald WITHOUT END after every fucking post.

Every. Fucking. Post.

Hypocrite? Blade my main character was the last one to be involved with a HTC post. I do admit I've got my secondary character but life in general caught up with me and as a result I'm not spending my every waking hour in front of a computer screen now. Even if I wasn't so busy part of the issue with Victoria is trying to figure out a way to use her and move her situation along without feeling like it's forced or a total ass pull. As for Shitagi I can't exactly be carrying the whole damn thing now can I? Bottom line is I made a post and it'd be nice if somebody else would react to it :grumble:

Anyway no major harm. So we've all been busy with actual life. Nothing wrong with that is there? Bran's been busy on her world tour and work when she got back, I myself have been working and while I haven't spoken to some of you in awhile I know nearly everyone is busy with something. I know Heald does want to move this along again and as I'm sure you guys can figure out I'm still in ^_~

Master Rudy
20th May 2010, 07:16 AM
Ok.....I've hit all of you with a PM. If I missed someone forgive me. In any case I'm still in. I'd like to know who else has a desire to finish this. Perhaps once people say if they are in or out some of us can start to brainstorm ideas and figure out what to do to get things moving again ^_~

Heald
29th May 2010, 07:27 AM
Ok guys, I haven't forgotten about this, trust me. These last couple of months have been somewhat hectic for me (currently finishing off my last year at uni) so I'm afraid I can't really devote myself to anything concrete. I'd like to see some discussion and ideas though and once I have my finals out of the way (my last final is in 2 weeks) I'll definitely have a lot more free time to devote to this.

Thanks for being patient.

Heald
26th August 2010, 05:37 AM
Okay fellow Dragonball SUckers, I need to know a few things:

1) Who is still in? (i.e. who still wants to continue this?)
2) Where's your character at the moment? (even if you're not going to continue, would be nice to know)

I'll give everyone a week to respond.

Asilynne
26th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Ill still be willing to post (I know, Im lazy sometimes >.>) Retasu is entering the HBTC I believe.

Blademaster
26th August 2010, 06:01 PM
I'm in it to win it, bitches.

Basawe is in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for the second time, along with Retasu, Shitagi, and... I don't remember the last person. Hammer, maybe.

Master Rudy
27th August 2010, 09:47 PM
Gasp.....signs of life on this planet! :eek:

I've been busy at work myself (training to be a shift manager at Domino's *hangs self*), lamenting the end of 24 (by watching the first seven seasons while waiting for the 8th on DVD), hanging with geeky friends (where there is one there is many), playing childrens card games with those friends (the DBZ CCG will never die.....despite being discontinued 5 years ago :P), killing Klingons with said friends on STO (who needs Captain Data and the Enterprise-E when you got the Marco Polo, the Miazaki and the Liberty-A?), watching anime with those friends (notice a theme here?) and finally listening to way too much Ozzy and LP (new albums/singles from both kick ass I might add).

I do however wish to get this moving again as I miss RPing and haven't seen anything that's really caught my interest on the board in awhile. As others have mentioned my character is currently in the HTC. I know Basawe was there as was Retasu. I can't for the life of me remember if the fourth person was either James or Sarah's character. I'll check and get back to you on that when I return ^_~

EDIT-Looks like we're in there with Hammer if anyone needed to know.

Master Rudy
7th September 2010, 07:58 AM
Well it's been a bit more than a week Heald. What's the story bro?

Heald
7th September 2010, 12:52 PM
Well, since it's just the four of us, I might draw a line under where we are at now and re-open the sign-up thread if anyone new wants to join in. This would mean:

- Characters already in the RPG would remain where they currently are
- New characters would have to write themselves into the RPG, or at least retcon it so they are at one location or another
- Characters that fail to resign up will be written out as if they were never in it in the first place

If I get time tonight I'll attempt to make a new sign-up thread where people can post their character sheets. Feel free to copy-paste from the old sign-up thread, but update it if you feel necessary (which I'm going to do, since Zaito has deviated a lot from my original character design).

Also, for people who still want their characters in the RPG but can't keep posting at this moment, please state so and I'll just make them NPCs for the meantime. This may mean they get blammed for the sake of story progression, but at least they'll be dead instead of non-existent.

Master Rudy
8th September 2010, 02:09 AM
Hmm.....sounds reasonable. However I will say that at this late stage in the story that it'd be hard to ignore the characters that have been there since the start. Considering the nature of the story universe I'd say that potential deaths would be the prefered way to handle it. That way if you were to do a sequel at a later time with a few new cast members we'd at least have the option to allow anyone that died to return and simple say it was the Dragon Balls ^_~

Master Rudy
15th December 2010, 07:55 AM
I still think the four of us would be enough to at least get this finished if we move on. Heald I've already contacted you. If Bran and Blade are still willing I say we move on. Give anyone that has yet to reply a week and then if we don't hear from them then let the Z Fighter deaths commence!

That's what the Dragon Balls are for after all! :P

And at worst if no one wants to move on with this paticular story I suppose we could try a relaunch. Perhaps use elements of this one and start out fresh :-/

Bear
15th December 2010, 09:32 AM
Eh I'm willing to come back and start posting for this RPG, but on a more limited basis. I don't want to be an NPC so I'll make a point to check as regularly as I can. If someone could take the time I don't have to quickly determine where everyone is at this point, we could have a new starting place to continue from. I want to be consistent with the old plot so there aren't any holes. Sorry I've been inactive for so long, moving to a new state with a new job and alot on my plate makes it difficult to do extensive posting (misc and mt moon don't count because that's quick, easy, and brainless).

Heald
15th December 2010, 09:39 AM
I am going to post a new Sign-Up Thread in the New Year that will start the story from pretty much where we left up, but leave it open enough so that new characters can join and old ones can be phased out (or killed off).

Master Rudy
15th December 2010, 11:45 AM
Eh I'm willing to come back and start posting for this RPG, but on a more limited basis. I don't want to be an NPC so I'll make a point to check as regularly as I can. If someone could take the time I don't have to quickly determine where everyone is at this point, we could have a new starting place to continue from. I want to be consistent with the old plot so there aren't any holes. Sorry I've been inactive for so long, moving to a new state with a new job and alot on my plate makes it difficult to do extensive posting (misc and mt moon don't count because that's quick, easy, and brainless).

No worries man.....been there and done that TWICE. Anyway as Heald said he's going to relaunch this after New Year's. Plenty of time to catch up with what's going on ^_~

Blademaster
15th December 2010, 01:45 PM
I'll ask Paradox if he's interested in coming back.

Bear
15th December 2010, 02:18 PM
I'll threaten Sarah, Brandy, and Ben with extinction if they don't come back. Of course, as a tradeoff, I'll be forced to start posting again in ISSTBU, but w/e

Kuro Espeon
15th December 2010, 05:13 PM
I'd be willing to come back, but only if people are actually serious about continuing it this time. XDD It seems like I'm always the last one to post before people disappear. So I'm always like: "dude...I killed it..." LOL

I would also like a recap to be reminded on just what the hell was going on. I know Kura was in the middle of her fight with Van Osiku and in the Kwali's, having just emerged from the HTC with Zaito and Basawe.

Asilynne
16th December 2010, 04:32 PM
Im in because of this:

Of course, as a tradeoff, I'll be forced to start posting again in ISSTBU, but w/e

THANKS JAMES :D

Master Rudy
17th December 2010, 11:17 AM
Well let's see.....with got Heald and Blade for our villians. As for everyone else so far we also have the following:

Myself-Shitagi (and sometimes Vic :P)
Bran-Retasu
Blade-Basawe
Heald-Zaito
Sarah-Kura
James-Hammer

We got our villians. We got our Z Fighters (still wish we had Gav however). I think we've got ourselves an RPG! :D

Heald I know you said after New Year's. However if you get a chance and have the time why not put it as soon as you can? It'll catch everyone up and give everyone that wants to move on plenty of time to retcon their original profiles (not to mention give anyone new that may want to join the time to look things over ^_~)

Blademaster
17th December 2010, 01:55 PM
I just talked to Paradox. He'll come back, which means Van is coming back, too.

Thank me later.

Master of Paradox
17th December 2010, 01:56 PM
Blade just arrived and implicitly threatened my cats, so I'm in!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th December 2010, 12:59 AM
Hey it's me, an RPG reader curious about Dragonball SU. It's great to have Master Of Paradox back.

I feel myself a little bit outsider here, but I have read the original manga from beginning to end. Except that it was in Finnish language. Anyways, I considered joining already last year but didn't dare. Now I'm posting in Lounge, wanting to say I'd like to try.

Kuro Espeon
18th December 2010, 08:55 AM
*raises hand* Question! Are we picking up where we left off or are we going to be starting over from the beginning? I'm cool with either, just curious.

Blademaster
18th December 2010, 09:16 AM
Hey it's me, an RPG reader curious about Dragonball SU. It's great to have Master Of Paradox back.

I feel myself a little bit outsider here, but I have read the original manga from beginning to end. Except that it was in Finnish language. Anyways, I considered joining already last year but didn't dare. Now I'm posting in Lounge, wanting to say I'd like to try.

Sorry, Finland doesn't exist in the DBZ Universe. Looks like you'll have to leave.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th December 2010, 09:43 AM
Oh I forgot Helsinki was destroyed by Piccolo when Kamesennin was young, long before Goku.

Bear
20th December 2010, 03:49 PM
Oh I forgot Helsinki was destroyed by Piccolo when Kamesennin was young, long before Goku.

win.

so I don't get in trouble for PC++'ing I would just like to say I am ok if you post the signups before New Years, but bear (:rotfl:) in mind that I will be out of town and not using the interwebz until January 3rd, so I won't be able to post until then. That being said, I think continuing where we left off is a better idea, but phrase it in such a way that allows new people to enter. I'm kind of interested in this now, I had a few updates and corrections to make to Hammer's profile and history now that I've rewatched the series a zillion times.

Bear
12th January 2011, 11:05 AM
So like, is this gonna happen? That new chick Galdr seems interested in joining the RPG ranks, maybe she likes DBZ?

Heald
12th January 2011, 12:33 PM
Sorry, I was anticipating getting this restarted after New Year, I didn't anticipate getting a job literally after New Year's too, nor did I anticipate it literally taking all my time and energy. I spend, like 2 hours max at home now in the evening before going to bed. I will endeavour to at least have something done by at the weekend. Even if that something is, well, nothing. But just kidding.

Master Rudy
13th January 2011, 07:29 PM
Pfft....excuses. Who needs a job anyway? GET TO WORK SLAVE!
lol j/k bro ^_~

Master Rudy
27th January 2011, 04:13 AM
So....how are things coming along currently Heald?

Blademaster
27th January 2011, 07:30 PM
He's being a lazy drunkard again. What other answer is there?

Master Rudy
28th January 2011, 01:40 AM
He's being a lazy drunkard again. What other answer is there?

Well there's always this:

http://jackiespeaks247.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/medical-marijuana.jpg

Heald
28th January 2011, 12:15 PM
Sorry guys, I can't honestly say that there will be a new thread up this weekend, but I will make an honest attempt at it.

Master Rudy
28th January 2011, 11:27 PM
Sorry guys, I can't honestly say that there will be a new thread up this weekend, but I will make an honest attempt at it.

This just in:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5046256637_fb27fa8d6e.jpg

Heald is going to be busy for awhile......

Heald
29th January 2011, 10:01 AM
Thread's up, in case you missed it.

Blademaster
29th January 2011, 09:53 PM
Well holy hot shit on a silver platter, he did it...

Alright folks, time to begin round 2!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th February 2011, 07:40 AM
Just don't wait for me, I recently decided not to join, sorry. I have so many projects already.

Master Rudy
16th February 2011, 09:25 PM
Hoping we're almost ready to go here. Seems like we have everyone with the exception of Sarah.

Now I don't want to do anything extreme....HOWEVER!

3MMD6k6Pnnw

Start it up or else the bunny gets it!

Blademaster
17th February 2011, 02:02 PM
Or, you know, we could do something useful.

Like give Kura an ultimatum before we start the RPG and let Van beat her into a coma.

Bear
18th February 2011, 11:50 AM
I'll harass her

Asilynne
18th February 2011, 04:18 PM
Me too since I live with her and all XD I'll jump her with it when she gets home ;D

Kuro Espeon
18th February 2011, 09:23 PM
Oh shit oh shit oh shit, sorry sorry sorry. @_@ I'm here~~ I'll get right on it!

Blademaster
19th February 2011, 04:19 PM
You damn well better.

Master Rudy
1st March 2011, 03:09 AM
Riddle me this.....why does South Koera get to have all the fun in regards to DBO? Game isn't even out in Japan yet and that's where the whole series started!

tyMx1YjekBY

Opening video for the game.....granted I know that no MMO ever looks as good as this in the actual gameplay but still. Makes me wish it was here in the States at least :-/

Mystic_clown
1st March 2011, 04:32 PM
I want...that game...so much...

Blademaster
1st March 2011, 05:15 PM
There's an English patch.

Master Rudy
1st March 2011, 11:17 PM
There's an English patch.

Already knew that. However from my understanding said patch is unofficial and gets screwed up each time there is an official patch. Plus it only translates the basic UI elements. Quest text and the like are still in Korean. Finally there's also the little matter of needing a Korean SSN in order to play it. In other words anyone outside of South Korea that is playing DBO is most likely performing identity theft in order to play.

Blademaster
2nd March 2011, 03:50 PM
...And the problem is...?