PDA

View Full Version : New news system in place

Jeff
16th November 2009, 06:23 PM
This is a test post to see if the new news system is working. So if you're reading this on the site, it works!

Houndoom_Lover
16th November 2009, 08:10 PM
On the site as in the forum, or in our new sweet side banner. That thing is bangin'!

Jeff
16th November 2009, 08:23 PM
We still need Gabi to fix the problem from keeping this forum's posts from showing up on the site. If it's working properly they should show up where the current news is now.

mr_pikachu
16th November 2009, 08:25 PM
I assume there are just some bugs to fix in the code, but I'm glad to see that we're in the process of implementing this. Looking forward to seeing everything in action, Jeff!

EDIT: And Jeff explained it before I finished actually typing the post. No matter. We're getting there!

Houndoom_Lover
16th November 2009, 08:30 PM
I see!! I can't wait to see what it looks like then, but even now- its just cool to have them up there! ^_^

Jeff
16th November 2009, 08:36 PM
My code is flawless dangit.:P The problem is with the forum settings apparently. The news forum isn't set to display to non-logged-in users, which is needed for VB to generate the feed (there's obvious security issues with having a feed for a private forum).

Houndoom_Lover
16th November 2009, 08:44 PM
Nice great balls :3

Hrhmm!

I see- yeah, we wouldn't have our site to become a wikipedia or anything. You do nice coding- so niccccce ^w^

Lady Vulpix
16th November 2009, 08:59 PM
Issue fixed. I've come here from the news post on the main site. :keke:

It's looking good. :)

Jeff
16th November 2009, 08:59 PM
It works! It works! It works! It works!

It works!

Thanks again, Gabi :D

Edit: Ouch, I need to fix those margins

Edit 2: OK, now it's done!

Telume
16th November 2009, 09:00 PM
This'll do just fine.

Jeff
17th November 2009, 01:08 PM
Something I forgot to mention about this.

While the "From The Forums" box only includes the plain text of the posts, the news posts use a different part of the feed that includes their full HTML (translated from forum code). So fonts, colors, and even smilies and other images will show up just as they do in the forums. So, for example, if you want to link to something, do it using [url] tags, just as you would in a normal forum post.