PDA

View Full Version : is it bad to eat too many apples?

PancaKe
17th November 2009, 05:06 AM
I have been eating lots these days! Which is great for keeping away the doctors, but is it for much else?

shazza
17th November 2009, 05:10 AM
I love apples; they're a rich source of vitamins and nutrients; I have about 1-3 a day, depending on what else I do. The key to a healthy body is a healthy diet. As long as the apples aren't being used to supplemen main meals - which allows you to get other nutrients. in lean meats, other fruits and vegetables etc - then I am sure you will be fine.

PancaKe
17th November 2009, 05:16 AM
There's usually not much food in my house. I eat whatever I can get my hands on whenever I can get my hands on it. ....

Its too expensive to cook at home every night of the week unless I plan and bulk buy. And i'm only home like 2-3 night a week... :(

Andrew
17th November 2009, 05:19 AM
Which are your favourite apples?

I like Golden Delicious for they are fresh and slightly tart.

Pink Lady is nice before it's over-ripe and too sweet.

Fuji Apple is nice with cheese and wine.

PancaKe
17th November 2009, 05:22 AM
Pink ladies are my favourite. I bought a whole bag from coles for lke $4. Yum yum yum yum yum yum. ^______^

VirtualPlay
17th November 2009, 06:36 AM
I don't think there's such a thing as "too many" apples unless it's all that you eat. Apples get you a load of good load of nutrients, but unless you're a deer, it's in no way complete.

My personal favorite apple is Granny Smith. I love the tanginess of the juice. Pretty much every other apple is the same to me; I mean, I know differences, but Granny Smith just stands out.

Oh, btw shaz: nice avatar.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
17th November 2009, 11:20 AM
Hearken to Paracelsus, "dosis sola venenum facit". Anything you eat too much of can be harmful ... though I guess that'd have to be a whole bunch of apples a day. :P

Houndoom_Lover
17th November 2009, 01:43 PM
I wonder what would happen if all you eat is apples?

Apples are really good for the body, and tasty. Wonderful fruit! They keep your teethies clean and everything ^w^

Crystalmaster Mike
17th November 2009, 03:19 PM
I wonder what would happen if all you eat is apples?

Apples are really good for the body, and tasty. Wonderful fruit! They keep your teethies clean and everything ^w^

You start smelling like one? Maybe you start tasting like one too, but that needs to be confirmed by an objective third party.

I like Granny Smith's, too, for their defined taste. They don't get all moldy if they've been out too long. And their color is nice too. Second best for color is those half-bright red half-green ones.

And, though not exactly the same fruit, Nashi pears a.k.a. apple pears (or papples as I used to call them) are nice for a change too.

Blademaster
17th November 2009, 03:58 PM
Eating too many apples makes you pee apple juice. :o

DarkestLight
17th November 2009, 04:03 PM
>> Why the hell is that a bad thing? Just bottle it and fuggin sell it! :O Economic crisis averted :D

Houndoom_Lover
17th November 2009, 04:07 PM
I would too! I'd charge seven 55 for it!

GreenShirT
17th November 2009, 04:17 PM
Eating an excess of anything will become bad for you eventually.

abunaidesu
17th November 2009, 04:31 PM
As long as you have a balanced nutritious diet, eating too many apples won't be a problem.

I wish I had some apples right now. :( I'll bake an apple cake sometime this week ^^

mr_pikachu
17th November 2009, 07:09 PM
Tara, the phrase is, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." One apple! One! Overdose and you die!

...Oh, and I like granny smith apples. The sourness adds a nice kick.

PancaKe
17th November 2009, 09:31 PM
all this time I thought granny smith was Australian. Oh sigh lol at me.

I ate two apples today :) I really like chopping them up. Because when I eat, i just pick at whatevrs near without realising what I'm eating. And so to pick at an apple as opposed to chips or junk food is lovely

shazza
18th November 2009, 12:16 AM
I'm eating a Granny Smith as I type :)

Houndoom_Lover
18th November 2009, 12:21 AM
You're a skilled creature, Shazza-

Last time I had an apple was at Halloween. I need to start eating better...:213:

Kurosakura
18th November 2009, 12:23 AM
I wish we had apples lying around. I personally don't like granny smith apples, but it's better than having no apples. I'm regretting not eating them. :<

mr_pikachu
18th November 2009, 01:16 AM
all this time I thought granny smith was Australian. Oh sigh lol at me.

From the world's most reliable source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granny_smith_apple):

The Granny Smith green apple is a tip-bearing apple cultivar. It originated in Australia in 1868 from a chance seedling propagated by Maria Ann Smith (née Sherwood, b. 1799, d. 9 March 1870), from whom comes the name. It is thought to be a seed from Malus sylvestris, the European Wild Apple, with the domestic apple M. domestica as the polleniser, which would make it a hybrid. Widely propagated in New Zealand, it was introduced to the United Kingdom circa 1935 and the United States in 1972 by Grady Auvil.

When I was little, I always thought it was grown in Oregon, or something. Looks like it originated in Aussieland after all... guess it's a recent U.S. import. Interesting.

Crystal Mew
18th November 2009, 01:22 AM
I love granny smith apples!! I really wish I had an apple right now...and some cheese to eat with it.

damn you guys