PDA

View Full Version : Shaymin related question

Houndoom_Lover
17th November 2009, 09:45 PM
I've been wondering, when you use the walkthrough cheat to get to Shaymin, why is there a fake one there?

:0 I've been wondering about that. Anyone know?

Poryhedron
17th November 2009, 09:50 PM
I'm unfamiliar with the walkthrough cheat so don't know what you're talking about...but if there's a fake Shaymin instead of the real one, then it's probably there to stop people from getting Shaymin by cheating.

Jeff
17th November 2009, 09:58 PM
Is this on Platinum?

I've heard that in Platinum, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus aren't physically available until you activate their events.

Houndoom_Lover
17th November 2009, 10:03 PM
Ah!

Sorry. Let me explane.

Using the Walk through walls cheat on P/D on the road with the White Stone, you can walk through it and then over the water to the Paradise, you have to pass a fake Shaymin (who is kinda scary looking) to the real one that's farther up some.

Why is there a fake one though?

I've been wondering for a while. If the walk through walls on your game, you can get all the hidden Pokemon.

Jeff
18th November 2009, 01:18 PM
Oh, I didn't know that. Maybe it's just there to trick you.

You can get all the hidden pokemon with the walk through walls cheat, but only in Diamond and Pearl. In those games the hidden pokemon are in the hidden areas, those areas are just inaccessible (without a cheating device or glitch) until you get the event item that unlocks them. In Platinum, the pokemon aren't in the hidden areas until you activate the event, so if you use the walk through walls cheat, you'll just find yourself in an empty hidden area with no Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus.

Houndoom_Lover
18th November 2009, 03:22 PM
AArwrw! I heard about that- I guessed they wised up, but still :3 Half the fun of a Pokemon game is finding all the ways in can get into it.

Maybe it is, but...Maybe I'll go up to it sometime. I've only been there once, but I was just wondering. That's more mysterious then anything I think.

There are already some known glitches in Platinum :3 I can't wait