PDA

View Full Version : What are you currently watching on TV?

The_Missing_Link
19th November 2009, 01:38 AM
Since we have music, why not TV? What are you currently watching (or last watched)? A show, a movie, even a commercial - anything goes

Was just watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Sort of a crappy episode with Kristin Stewart and Jamie Kennedy. Who the hell even likes him anyway? Incredibly unfunny

Telume
19th November 2009, 01:42 AM
Jeff Dunham Show, Mythbusters, The Smoking Gun Presents..., and (when the new season airs) Deadliest Catch.

abunaidesu
19th November 2009, 01:53 AM
"Was just watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Sort of a crappy episode with Kristin Stewart and Jamie Kennedy. Who the hell even likes him anyway? Incredibly unfunny"

No one is forcing you to watch it. :rolleyes:

And I am watching chef.academy.s01e01.pdtv.xvid-omicron.avi

The_Missing_Link
19th November 2009, 01:57 AM
If you like a show, you generally watch most of the episodes, even the crappy ones

PancaKe
19th November 2009, 02:04 AM
I just sat through an episode of Becker on youtube.

shazza
19th November 2009, 02:40 AM
I just watched Neighbours and the 7PM Project. Watching Glee, sort've, but I don't really like it.

I now want to download the entire series of Becker, Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond - oh, and Cheers!

mr_pikachu
19th November 2009, 02:45 AM
Family Guy. It's the trillionth time they've shown "Jungle Love," but at least it's good background noise.

abunaidesu
19th November 2009, 02:56 AM
When you said "him" I wasn't sure if you were referring to Fallon or Kennedy. You're not very articulate anyway.

firepokemon
19th November 2009, 03:22 AM
Shazza Glee is fab.I've only seen two episodes but I've really liked what I've seen thus far. Today I watched The Simpsons where Bart emancipated his parents. Then I watch Home and Away which I love, then the news then Shortland Street and then Coronation Street.

I don't have that many tv series I'm watching at the moment tbh and I've dropped several shows. Anyway we're entering Summer mode so its mostly crappy television from now on.

Weasel Overlord
19th November 2009, 08:01 AM
Last thing I watched... Michael McIntyre's latest live offering. I <3 that guy! I'd ideally be watching Supernatural tonight, but since I'M NOT IN AMERICA I have to wait til tomorrow. D:

Are we talking general other stuffs too? If so: I'm newly obsessed with White Collar, and we watch House, How I Met Your Mother and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood every week.

The_Missing_Link
19th November 2009, 10:21 AM
When you said "him" I wasn't sure if you were referring to Fallon or Kennedy. You're not very articulate anyway.

If I thought Fallon was unfunny, I wouldn't be watching his show, now would I?

There's a new Fullmetal Alchemist spinoff? Or is it a mini series of sorts?

DivineAll
19th November 2009, 10:38 AM

Actually, Brotherhood is supposed to be more faithful to the manga than the original anime was. As for me, I don't particularly watch a lot of TV nowadays because I was an avid cartoon lover and the cartoons they show now are... not as good as they were when I was growing up. However, when I still do watch TV, I watch mainly The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and Iron Chef America.

Houndoom_Lover
19th November 2009, 11:46 AM
The food channel when Food Detective was on, but then it stopped being on and I switched to the Sci-fi channel, I don't know what the show was called, but it was damn good.

Tv makes me happy ^w^

Weasel Overlord
19th November 2009, 11:47 AM
RE: Fullmetal - it's a remake, basically. We're 32 episodes in as of last week (Sunday). It's following the manga storyline, although I wouldn't know, since I've not read the manga. It diverted from the original anime's storyline around episode 5, so it's pretty different from the last series. I'm really enjoying it, but I dunno what fans of the manga think.

abunaidesu
19th November 2009, 12:16 PM
If I thought Fallon was unfunny, I wouldn't be watching his show, now would I?

The general consensus among the Internet is that Fallon is unfunny, which is why I assumed you were talking about him. You used a pronoun after a sentence that could have applied to two different men, which made it ambiguous. Apparently you didn't read my post thoroughly.

And plenty of people watch shows they dislike. Either because they happen to catch the show on TV and left it on in the background, or someone asked them to watch it with them. But okay.

Are you socially retarded or just incredibly stupid? I'm asking a serious question.

Kyuuketsuki
19th November 2009, 01:14 PM
A movie called Dead Silence, i slept half-way through...

classy_cat18
19th November 2009, 01:30 PM
RE: Fullmetal - it's a remake, basically. We're 32 episodes in as of last week (Sunday). It's following the manga storyline, although I wouldn't know, since I've not read the manga. It diverted from the original anime's storyline around episode 5, so it's pretty different from the last series. I'm really enjoying it, but I dunno what fans of the manga think.

I think it's awesome! And it's definitely following the manga! Two thumbs up!

And I don't really watch TV through the day, but I usually try to catch those mini marathons of Tales from the Darkside and Twilight Zone that SciFi (not saying SyFy) has/used to have.

Heald
19th November 2009, 01:34 PM
destructive, shut up and stop derailing the topic. You can diss the show, but don't flame other members.

Thanks! :wave:

Crystalmaster Mike
19th November 2009, 01:43 PM
Just watch the news, it focused on our PM's probable promotion to European presidente (see other thread).

Right now, Hole in the Wall is being taped because my bro's still got school work (glad that's over with for me). And in about one hour, we'll watch 24 (or the Jack Bauer show, whatever you'd like to call it).

Zak
19th November 2009, 01:44 PM
A movie called Dead Silence, i slept half-way through...

Yeah, that movie was god-awful. Such a letdown for James Wan and Leigh Whannell, can't even believe people compare it to Saw.

Right now my TV's off because I'm in the process of moving...

abunaidesu
19th November 2009, 01:52 PM
I've never even seen the show, Heald. Thanks for your input anyway :wave:

I am watching Top Chef.

Telume
19th November 2009, 02:09 PM
I've taken up watching the rest of Bleach on Anime Season, stopped after the fillers started and skipped over to the actual Espada fights.

I should read the Manga but nah, I wanna see it animated. Zanpakuto Tales arc pisses me off.

The_Missing_Link
19th November 2009, 09:01 PM
Just watched the newest episode of 30 Rock. Definitely the best so far this season

+ Chris Parnell
+ Liz stooping as low as possible to get what she wants
+ Al Gore
+ Al Gore using an old joke. I was waiting and hoping for it and he came through
+ "Smell my flowers, Kenneth"

In fact, cheers to the Thursday night NBC block (sans Jay Leno. He can suck it)

Crystal Mew
19th November 2009, 11:27 PM
Just watched the Office, love that show!

Cadmus
21st November 2009, 05:11 AM
The only two shows I follow regularly these days are: Smallville and Desperate Housewives. And when I can, I watch Grey's Anatomy.

Other than that, I've been re-watching season 3 of Angel. ^^

Kyuuketsuki
21st November 2009, 05:26 AM
Last thing I watched was: How I Met Your Mother

EDIT: I love The Office XD

shazza
21st November 2009, 05:29 AM
I'm watching I, Robot.

firepokemon
21st November 2009, 06:20 AM
Tonight I watched Alive. I shouldn't enjoy the movie because its an absolute tragedy in that only 16 of 45 people survived. But it sure is one amazing film. I also watched a straight-to-dvd movie called Bloody Murder. Its basically a rip of Friday the 13th. I really liked it. Crappy but in a way that was enjoyable. I love slasher films anyway.

Finally I've been watching some Bette Davis films. "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" and "Jezebel". I love Bette Davis she is so divine. I also watched "Sunset Boulevard" for like the 10th time. Also recently watched the Mae West film "I'm no Angel".

I'm in a real nostalgic era where I want to watch old 80s TV Series, old 80s movies in particular horrors and old Hollywood films. It's also made me realise how disappointed I am in a lot of television at the moment. I'm barely watching anything from the US besides Glee, Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. Otherwise its just murder-mysteries and periods from Britain and soaps.

shazza
21st November 2009, 06:55 AM
I downloaded all three seasons of The Big Bang Theory; watching Season 01, Episode 13 - The Bat Jar Conjecture.

Roy Karrde
21st November 2009, 11:53 PM
Doubt on STARZ

Amazing performance so far.

mr_pikachu
22nd November 2009, 12:17 AM
I'm watching Bleach right now. It's merely a backstory episode that I've already seen, but it still makes for good background noise.

shazza
22nd November 2009, 01:18 AM
North
East
[b]West
South

^___^

Greyfox
22nd November 2009, 01:48 AM
Just watched the newest episode of 30 Rock. Definitely the best so far this season

+ Chris Parnell
+ Liz stooping as low as possible to get what she wants
+ Al Gore
+ Al Gore using an old joke. I was waiting and hoping for it and he came through
+ "Smell my flowers, Kenneth"

In fact, cheers to the Thursday night NBC block (sans Jay Leno. He can suck it)

NBC Thursday nights are ace, but Community is definitely my favorite of the four. 30 Rock's a close second, and The Office seems to be lowering in quality nowadays, but it's still better than most of what's out there.

Jeff Dunham Show

WHY!? Why does that bigoted one-note have a full half-hour devoted to his bastardization of funny!?

shazza
22nd November 2009, 03:09 AM
I'm currently watching the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation); it's airing a documentary about Charles Darwin - 'Darwin's Brave New World'.

[Kimmi]™
22nd November 2009, 08:13 AM
I'm not watching anything at this particular moment, but stuff I watch with any sort of regularity:

- Glee
- Mythbusters
- House (not as much anymore)
- Family Guy
- The Simpsons

Houndoom_Lover
22nd November 2009, 01:45 PM
The SVU 'Killer Blond' marathon on USA ^_^

Telume
22nd November 2009, 02:32 PM
Currently watching Penguins of Madagascar.

shazza
23rd November 2009, 05:10 AM
I'm watching the season finale of Good News Week - an Australian satirical news-based comedy quiz show. I like it; some of the comedians are great, others not so much.

Master Rudy
25th November 2009, 08:17 AM
WHY!? Why does that bigoted one-note have a full half-hour devoted to his bastardization of funny!?

Because apparently someone found him to be funnier than you Fox...... :P

Anyway to answer the question I've been rewatching 24: Day 7 as preperation for Day 8 in January. It'll be intresting to see if this is going to truely be the final season like all the rumors keep saying. I just hope the writers decide not to kill or totally fuck over Jack in the end. The last thing I want to see after following the story for damn near 10 years is a downer ending :-/

And in about one hour, we'll watch 24 (or the Jack Bauer show, whatever you'd like to call it).

The most popular nickname on Fox's 24 board is the Bauer Power Hour. Speaking of the 24 boards.......
Is Berooz died? Or is he still breeding?
*runs away*

shazza
25th November 2009, 09:13 AM
I watched the Season 7 finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm two nights ago, which ended up being the much hyped Seinfeld reunion (anti-reunion). I do wish there were more Seinfeld scenes, but the Curb episode itself was pretty quality. I found Season 7 much more enjoyable than Season 5 and 6, although a few episodes mid season were a bit lackluster. I'm not sure if anyone watches it here, though.

And tonight I just watched the first episode of True Blood. I've got both seasons but have never gotten around to watching them, and everyone keeps telling me to do so. So I did. And I enjoyed the episode, so I guess I've found a new series to watch! Yay! I've got a shit laod of others to watch too during the summer hoidays; like Entourage, Skins, Freaks and Geeks, Dollhouse, Heroes, The Big Bang Theory. And I'm getting more off friends. Aaaand I have an abundance of movies that I want to watch. And books too. Shiiiit. I'm qutting TPM now, bye.

firepokemon
27th November 2009, 06:38 AM
The Breakfast Club for like the 20th time.

Greyfox
27th November 2009, 08:05 AM
Because apparently someone found him to be funnier than you Fox...... :P

I'm no professional comedian, but the fact that anyone finds Jeff Dunham to be funnier than ANYONE at all strikes a nerve. His "jokes" are just him finding out whatever stereotypes are out there and repeating them. Over and over. And he gets away with saying this shit over and over because, well, "it's not him, it's his puppets".

If you took away the ventriloquism, you'd just have another middle-aged white guy regurgitating the same jokes that actual comedians gave up on years ago.

Drusilla
27th November 2009, 06:29 PM
Watching Young Frankenstein. =D

shazza
27th November 2009, 09:00 PM
I'm watching Seinfeld - The Chinese Restaurant!

PancaKe
1st December 2009, 07:42 AM
secret diary of a call girl :)

Master Rudy
2nd December 2009, 03:52 AM
I'm no professional comedian, but the fact that anyone finds Jeff Dunham to be funnier than ANYONE at all strikes a nerve. His "jokes" are just him finding out whatever stereotypes are out there and repeating them. Over and over. And he gets away with saying this shit over and over because, well, "it's not him, it's his puppets".

If you took away the ventriloquism, you'd just have another middle-aged white guy regurgitating the same jokes that actual comedians gave up on years ago.

Meh.....to each their own. I find him to be quite funny. While some of what you say may be true that's not his whole act. Case in point was a time where Jeff had two of his puppets arguing with each other in Spanish while Jeff himself maintained a confused look and eventually said something along the lines of "I have no idea what's going on here. I don't speak Spanish!" Do you have any idea how much skill/practice it must have taken to constantly switch between his real voice, the two puppet voices and do the bit in Spanish all while maintaining a confused look while doing the puppet voices?

Seriously guys? Am I one of the only people who find ventriloquism to be a lost art? You don't see it very much anymore :-/

In any case in regards to the question I just got done watching The Whole Nine Yards with my dad a few hours ago. Easily one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Currently debating disc five of 24: Day 7. It's almost 5 AM here and frankly I don't know if I really want to get tied up with four more episodes over the next three hours.

shazza
2nd December 2009, 04:33 AM
I just watched an episode of the The Simpsons; I don't know the title, but Marge and Homer tried to renew their sexual chemistry by living on the edge. Not too bad, I guess.

shazza
3rd December 2009, 06:13 AM
I'm currently watching the movi, Adventureland - I hope it's good!

Greyfox
3rd December 2009, 12:09 PM
Meh.....to each their own. I find him to be quite funny. While some of what you say may be true that's not his whole act. Case in point was a time where Jeff had two of his puppets arguing with each other in Spanish while Jeff himself maintained a confused look and eventually said something along the lines of "I have no idea what's going on here. I don't speak Spanish!" Do you have any idea how much skill/practice it must have taken to constantly switch between his real voice, the two puppet voices and do the bit in Spanish all while maintaining a confused look while doing the puppet voices?

I didn't say he was bad at ventriloquism -- just that he's a bad comedian. If he could learn how to tell jokes that didn't involve softcore rasism, he wouldn't be so bad.

Telume
3rd December 2009, 12:40 PM
That new James Bond movie, I honestly liked Pierce Brosnan as 007 better.

Link
3rd December 2009, 04:37 PM
I was watching NCIS on USA. I love that show so much that I can't stop watching it when it airs.

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd December 2009, 05:42 PM
I'm watching Becker right now, then I'll be switching to Two and a Half Men @ 7:00. Tomorrow I'm gonna be watching the last episode of Monk. I am going to miss that show... too bad that its ending... :(

Master Rudy
3rd December 2009, 10:14 PM
Watching Steven Seagal: Lawman on A&E.....show is actually much better than you'd think XD :lol:

shazza
4th December 2009, 12:11 AM
Adventure land was pretty average.

Telume
4th December 2009, 01:13 PM
Just got done watching the Final Draw for South Africa 2010.

Houndoom_Lover
4th December 2009, 07:30 PM
The season finale of Monk! ^w^

Number1ChanseyFan
5th December 2009, 11:42 AM
The season finale of Monk! ^w^

Yes, it was really good, and at least the ending was happy, even though it was sad to see the show end. Still, the ending leaves the possibilities for movies or a reunion show or something in the future.

Master Rudy
6th December 2009, 05:12 AM
The season series finale of Monk! ^w^

Fixed that for you Houndy. I'll be honest. I couldn't stand that show, the constant OCD of the character or the actor. Still you guys that were fans of the show got something many good shows tend to not get.....closure. I dare you guys to find a Jericho fan that still isn't somewhat pissed about how CBS handled the show and then proceeded to royally fuck it in the end. Go ahead......I'll wait.....

In the meantime to answer the question I just finished up The Bourne Identity ^_~

PancaKe
6th December 2009, 05:54 AM
Spent the last day alternating between The Office season 3, and Little Britain season one

Crystalmaster Mike
6th December 2009, 07:20 AM
Now that Day 7 and The Block is over, our regular tv-nights are over for the most part. Tonight, there's Dollhouse (they're just at epi 7 of 13, so still some time before it goes Firefly).
Before that, for two weeks, there has been an SG-1 movie. With Ark of Truth shown after Continuum; then again, there's not much continuity to miss here, and this way, Ark made up for the lack of humor in the second movie. But tonight, they're showing Behind the Mythology. I'm hoping to see some tongue-in-cheek documentary at best.
Two nights or so before, I watched Resident Evil: Extinction, and I think that it must've been one of my first zombie films; luckily, I realized early on you have to enjoy these movies as the no-brainers (pun intended) they are.

Master Rudy
6th December 2009, 09:10 PM
Currently have The Bourne Supremacy on in the background.......there seems to be a trend here as of late..... :lol:

shazza
6th December 2009, 09:23 PM
Just been watching The Big Bang Theory episode by episode, lately. For sitcom wise, apparently I need to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Master Rudy
7th December 2009, 05:30 AM
You'll never see this one coming.......just watched The Bourne Ultimatum. Nope.....no way in hell you guys could have guessed that one :P

shazza
8th December 2009, 08:01 AM
Started Season 3 of The Big Bang Theory tonight. Currently on TV appears to be a rerun of House. I've never been a devout House fan, but I do enjoy an episode where I catch it. I'd actually like to watch all the episodes, but it seems too much of a task when I could be watching other shows and doing other things.