PDA

View Full Version : As Clear As Crystal

Hanada Tattsu
12th April 2003, 09:50 PM
Well, just another endless filler on the way to Blackthorn City.

I wish Ash actually stayed a Pikachu for the duration of the episode, since it would show how he reacted to the Crystal.

Zapdos was much bigger than I expected, I thought it was a bit bigger than I envisioned it from past experience.

Team Rocket was cool in this episode, they almost blasted off victorious this time, but thanks to Pikachu, they came back.

I don't wanna call this a filler, but it kinda was.

Regardless, 9/10.

Pewter City Geodude
12th April 2003, 10:08 PM
I thought it was a great episode when I saw it last week. :D I loved the argument between Ash and Misty at the beginning, and I thought its general plot was much better than the old Johto cookie-cutter episode. Too bad Ash didn't remember Zapdos, but at least he got it in his Pokedex, which he didn't get a chance to do in the 2nd movie.

Pidgeot018
13th April 2003, 07:21 AM
I've never seen a Voltorb swim, it looked strange.

I don't mind that, though. What I do mind is all that garbage Kids' WB puts on the screen *during* the show. As if they didn't already flood their breaks with commercials for their shows.

PAK Man
13th April 2003, 12:39 PM
Well, the episode had a good plot, but it just didn't work for me. I really wish that Ash would've stayed a Pikachu, too. They should have done more with Zapdos. It was only featured for a few minutes in the episode. Also, Ash wasn't being very smart at the beginning of the episode when he had Pikachu use all of its power against TRs machine. He should have sent out Bayleef or someone to destroy it. To me, it was just an ordinary filler. My rating is 7/10.

Runpapa
13th April 2003, 04:41 PM
2/10

Animation wasn't great. A filler, yes, but a poor one. This was simply an excuse to introduce Zapdos as they've done the other Legendary birds. I don't buy the plot at all. The episode was dull.

AKA Pokemon Fan
13th April 2003, 05:05 PM
One wonders if Professor Sebastian *SPOILERS* found out about this crystal at some point and used the information to make the Crystal System he used in the Raikou Special...

However, the highpoint of this episode (whose animation was really poorly done for a Pokemon episode) for me was a great AAML hint:

Misty: "I was looking forward to getting some beauty sleep at the next Pokemon Center."
Ash: "Don't worry Misty, everything will be fine. Besides, you don't need beauty sleep."
Misty: "...Yeah... maybe you're right."

I expected some remark about ugliness from Ash but that's not what I got. Misty, who had been angry, immediately calms down at that remark. Ash just alluded to that he thinks she's BEAUTIFUL! :o

I wonder if those were the same words he used in the Japanese version...:confused: