PDA

View Full Version : register.com

shazza
20th November 2009, 03:10 AM
Help me! For those that don\'t know me, my name is shazza. Last night (Australian time) the TPM domain died and everyone got redirected to register.com. I went to bed thinking the server was deleted, and we have lost everything. I woke up this morning to still see register.com, however after talking to Lady Vulpix - who I thought was playing around with me - it appears that TPM came back pretty soon afterwards. However, I, along with OzAndrew, still keep getting redirected to register.com, regardless of me deleting my cookies, cache or using different browsers. The same goes when I use my phone. I actually had a dream last night that TPM did indeed die, and we went to the ezBoard again, then firepokemon gave this lengthy post about the history of TPM and wishing it farewell, but I digress. HELP ME!

mr_pikachu
20th November 2009, 03:17 AM
Hey, shazza. We're working on it -- well, more precisely, the admins have been working on it. Thanks for the additional details. I'll make sure they see this thread.

Master Rudy
20th November 2009, 03:51 AM
Well me and Heald had the same problem yesterday at around 7 AM eastern time. Obviously whatever Gabi and company did fixed the problem and all is fine now. It was still pretty fucking weird/annoying however :-/

Lady Vulpix
20th November 2009, 08:00 AM
All I did was check what the problem was and e-mail Kevin. It was probably him who fixed it.

Blademaster
20th November 2009, 09:33 AM
I keep envisioning shazza speaking this post aloud into a video camera, covered in dirt and blood with fiery explosions and sirens going off in the background. :o

shazza
20th November 2009, 04:53 PM
You\'re not far from the truth there.

Andrew
21st November 2009, 04:47 AM
Help I am stuck like shazza. Send help!

shazza
21st November 2009, 04:51 AM
It might be an issue with Australian ISP's, Andrew. I'm currently back in my hometown, and it's working fine. What ISP are you with anyway? At uni, I'm with TPG. Home, I'm Internode.

Andrew
21st November 2009, 05:39 AM
Tpg at home and optus at home

shazza
21st November 2009, 05:39 AM
Why do you have two ISP's?! Does it not work with Optus, either?

Andrew
21st November 2009, 05:48 AM
Sorry Optus on my mbl and it works

shazza
21st November 2009, 05:51 AM
Well, I think we can deduce it is a TPG dilemma then.

Lady Vulpix
21st November 2009, 08:53 AM
Maybe TPG has a DNS cache. If that is the case, you may have to contact your ISP or wait until that cache expires.

Kevin did indeed renew the domain, so the original problem has been fixed.

shazza
21st November 2009, 08:55 AM
I'll be here for at least a week, so I'll be fine for now. If it's still a problem when I go back in a week, then I shall contact TPG. As for Andrew, it would probably be wise for him to do so ASAP.