PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] How interested would you be in the return of ACs and CCs?

Quicksilver62160
21st November 2009, 08:49 AM
I've had a conversation recently wherein Lady Vulpix and I had discussed the possibility of the return of Dragon Tamers and Pokemon Avenger's. Back in their prime these were two established and loved institutions of the Pokemasters website. So the big question is, how many of you would want to return to that time AND play again?

shazza
21st November 2009, 09:05 AM
I never got into Dragon Tamers, but I loved Pokemon Avengers when I was younger, and would definitely play again; not just for nostalgic purposes, but it was always a fun way to pass the time. And the more active and interactive games on TPM, the merrier. We have accumulated quite a plentiful amount of new members who are pretty active these days, and I'm sure they'd love to check out both Dragon Tamers and Pokemon Avengers!

Kurosakura
21st November 2009, 11:08 AM
I wasn't here when they were around, but they sound interesting.

Telume
21st November 2009, 01:12 PM
I'm probably in the same boat as Kuro, can you explain what they are maybe I might be interested.

Lady Vulpix
21st November 2009, 01:50 PM
All this time my sig has been reading "ask me about AC/CC" and QS had to come back for people to start asking? :P

OK, brief summary: it's a pair of games where you can obtain your own team of pokemon (by adopting them or by capturing them respectively), raise them, battle them, play with them and write stories (the last part is a mixture of RPG and collaborative writing).

First of all, check the FAQ (http://forboards.tripod.com/FAQ.html).

If you want to find out more about our storyline, you can ask me and/or QS, check the archives (http://dragonsguild.com.ar/Archives/index.html) and, hopefully, take a look at the rest of the info if and when I can get Ade (AntiAsh Superstar) to put it back online.

Telume
21st November 2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds interesting, I'd be for it.

Kurosakura
21st November 2009, 08:24 PM
I asked you once over IRC, but you never got back to me. :o

No bigigie, though! Anyways... *goes to take a look*

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 05:29 AM
I'd be interested. The only problem for me with Dragon Tamers was that I kept getting lost with the story line. Even last time I swore I'd post but I just got so lost! But its a great way to involve creative writing and I'm totally up for it again. Ah....

And I never really understood what Pokemon Avengers was all about.

Can someone post like a short paragraph summary of each?

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 05:30 AM
PS I can't decide on the poll between I would join if others did and Yes I would play.

Kyuuketsuki
22nd November 2009, 05:49 AM
I never played any, but I think they'll be great

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 06:23 AM
Just adding in; i think if they are to be revived, that they should be in the main pcg forum.,.... i don't think they need their own sub forum

Quicksilver62160
22nd November 2009, 08:50 AM
Sorry Lady Vulpix, sometimes it takes the return of a master to spice things up a lil ;-)

I'll give you a brief summation of Pokemon Avenger's:

At the start of the AC craze there were several other places that were unofficial where you could capture Pokemon. This would involve you basically searching for them instead of randomly lucking into them for adoption and added flavor to the capture. Then I stepped in and created the Avenger's. A more indepth style Capture Center. After much lobbying I was even able to get CC's created as an official part of the forum. More CC's began to rise along the same premis at the Avenger's.

Basically you will be given a choice of the 7 continents each with their own zones that will contain certain amounts of the types contained therein. Once you travel there you will be given a blurb and have a chance to capture a random pokemon. You will need to use your skill, combinations and other things around you to effectively capture this pokemon (not as simple as throwing a ball). Being that this is an RP world however there can be threats that lie within the realms.

Lady Vulpix
22nd November 2009, 01:23 PM
I think it would be confusing if all the AC/CC topics were mixed with the rest of the PCG threads again.

OK, a few details about the Dragon Tamers storyline. The story takes place mostly in Sector Alpha, Caledor, Ulthuan (http://forboards.tripod.com/Ulthuan.html), although some of the scenarios take us to other places. (For those who have played Warcraft, this is not the same Ulthuan, we just share the map and the names due to an unfortunate decision of one of the founders).

Pokemon trainers are common in Ulthuan but, unlike other regions, it's a lot more common to see pokemon walking/flying/swimming by their trainers' side or even on their own than stored in pokeballs. Pokeballs are generally used for transportation or to preserved sick or injured pokemon until they can be healed.

Many trainers tend to develop a connection with their own pokemon and it's not very rare for a trainer to learn to understand their speech (it is, however, VERY rare for a trainer to easily understand a pokemon he or she doesn't know very well, even if it's the same species as one of his/her own). However there are those who have a harder time understanding their pokemon, and there are also many who refuse to acknowledge pokemon as sentient beings and, for that reason, they're completely unable to understand them.

It is also very rare for anyone below 15 years of age to obtain a trainer's license (about as rare as non-humans being given such a license. There have been a few cases.)

I could speak at lengths about the history, culture, geography and other aspects of Ulthuan, but I wouldn't like people to go "tl;dr", so I'll focus on Sector Alpha, the capital of Caledor (I can give you information about any place in Ulthuan if you ask). Sector Alpha is a cosmopolite and multi-cultural city, with an architacture which combines modern buildings with what's left of ancient castles and fortresses. It resembles most typical European cities. It has everything you'd expect to find in such a place, and it is also the main base of operations of two organizations which play a key role in the game.

1. The Dragon Tamers: you'll probably be in this group if you join, although no one will force you. They started out as a branch of the Dragon's Guild (see below) but have since become mostly independent (the main authorities are Guild members, but they'll stick with the DT if they have to choose between the two). The Dragon Tamers run the main Adoption Center in Caledor, as well as a store named the Reward Center. They also hand out trainer's licenses and organize a variety of activities for pokemon and trainers, and they are tasked with protecting pokemon from abuse. However, during the last few years they've had to spend about half their time protecting their homeland from various threats and, due to the efectiveness of (most of) their actions, they have been given authorization to operate all across Ulthuan in times of crisis.

2. The Dragon's Guild: a very old, powerful, deep-rooted, mysterious and complex organizations. So mysterious complex that no one seems to know who's really runnung it these days, ever since it's last known leader Scott Mc Henry went missing several years ago. However, that doesn't stop them from participating in most of the activities that take place in Ulthuan. It has several branches, but the two which have the most direct contact with the Dragon Tamers (and either of which you may join if you wish) are the "Pokemon Research and Training Department" and the "Mercenary Trainers Union". Ask me if you'd like to know more about them.

OK, those are the basics as far as the storyline goes. As for the game dynamics, go to an Adoption Center, adopt a pokemon from the list and start playing. If you have any questions that are not answered in the FAQ (http://forboards.tripod.com/FAQ.html), don't be afraid to ask.

Telume
22nd November 2009, 01:37 PM
Sounds kind of like some of the RPs I'm in on IRC.

Houndoom_Lover
22nd November 2009, 03:37 PM
This thread makes me want mash patatoes!

Ummm, I almost joined this once when I first joined. The Pokemon Avengers one. I like the idea of a never ending game of pokemon.

Lady Vulpix
22nd November 2009, 03:38 PM
The Dragon's Guild (http://dragonsguild.com.ar/guild/) site is back online. I've a\managed to recover most of the stuff Ade wrote thanks to the Wayback Machine and added my own text for the Training section, which was missing from the archive.

Now, if only I could recover the TL topics...

Knight of Time
22nd November 2009, 04:23 PM
Wouldn't it be possible for you to look up TL in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, Gabi?

I don't always find it to be reliable, but it may be worth a try.

On the subject of AC/CC returning, I suppose I might begin posting there every once in a while (I don't know how often, it basically depends on how much life is brought in) if it was revived, but I am open to seeing some new people there. The more people the forum has, the more lively it can become.

classy_cat18
26th November 2009, 09:22 AM
I still have my team info from both AC and CC. If there's enough activity coming back, I can bring them back! *hops around in glee*

Quicksilver62160
6th December 2009, 09:35 AM
The Pokemon Avengers have returned and Dragon Tamers is still active! You can check out both of them in the AC/CC part of PCG!