PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Butterfree

firepokemon
22nd November 2009, 05:22 AM
I really hope the Fanfic one can be found. Butterfree is my favourite and it was so cuteeeeeee.

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 06:53 AM
I really hope the Fanfic one can be found. Butterfree is my favourite and it was so cuteeeeeee.

I can't tell if your serious or sarcastic but I want the butterfree one back too :)

firepokemon
22nd November 2009, 07:33 AM
I am serious. I've always loved Butterfree its my favourite.

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 07:22 PM
Ok phew! I was worried for a moment that I was being sucked into internet sarcasm once more

Lady Vulpix
22nd November 2009, 07:24 PM
I like Butterfree too. And a Butterfree played a significant role in my victory against Red in Pokemon Gold (and throughout the game).

Jeff
22nd November 2009, 07:27 PM
Always used one in Yellow to beat Brock. Good times.

In other news, holy tangent Batman!

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 07:28 PM
Serious? I always dumped my butterfree after cerulean. :( Maybe I should've stuck with it for longer then.

Telume
22nd November 2009, 07:33 PM
Butterfree seriously fell out of favor in competitive though. No one uses any bugs except for like... Heracross?

Sucks don't it :(

Kurosakura
22nd November 2009, 07:37 PM
I loved Butterfree, I used mine throughout the whole game and against the Elite Four. Anyways...

SCREW COMPETITIVE BATTLING, BUTTERFREE RULES!

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 07:39 PM
Butterfree was great and mega useful in the first city of rby....

Houndoom_Lover
22nd November 2009, 07:39 PM
:0 The true proper evolution of Venonat?

Hell, I'll add a Butterfree in. Just for you. ^__^ I'll make it- it'll be beautiful. I'm writing the first skript so we can start filming in the summer ^_^

Lady Vulpix
22nd November 2009, 07:42 PM
:0 The true proper evolution of Venonat?

Hell, I'll add a Butterfree in. Just for you. ^__^ I'll make it- it'll be beautiful. I'm writing the first skript so we can start filming in the summer ^_^Eh? I'm sorry, but what does this post mean? I can't understand it.

Telume
22nd November 2009, 07:47 PM
Butterfree is cute though, I would give one to my little cousin she'd glomp it all day and night XD

Houndoom_Lover
22nd November 2009, 07:51 PM
:0 What? I dunno what it means either. All my focus is going into this paper, sorry. A multitasker, I am not Xl

Friend and I, on a global conquest to make an internet Pokemon series. I don't know how she feels about butterfree, but we're having one because...of this thread :3

shazza
22nd November 2009, 08:30 PM
I was very upset when Ash traded his Butterfree for a Raticate. ;_;

PancaKe
22nd November 2009, 08:34 PM
So was Ash.

Kyuuketsuki
22nd November 2009, 08:34 PM
Butterfree was great, but it became old and out of date, like most of the original 151 Pokemon :( the remakes didn't help either with some people

Telume
22nd November 2009, 08:46 PM
The remakes killed the status of some of the of the old pokemon x_X

And in some cases killed them even though they were already dead and buried.

Kyuuketsuki
22nd November 2009, 08:48 PM
Butterfree will always be the first fully-evolved Bug pokemon for many of us, I know it is for me... Red and Blue :(

Houndoom_Lover
22nd November 2009, 08:56 PM
Butterfree kicks all kinda ass, him and Beedrill. The new pokemon look nambiepandie in comparison

DarkestLight
22nd November 2009, 09:03 PM
Umm wow. I'm in the minority that thinks Butterfree was/is craptastic. Once I stepped out of that damn Mt Moon, Butterfree became box fodder. Along with Beedrill and Ratt--err no Rattata had a use still.

Drago
22nd November 2009, 09:05 PM
That whole evolutionary line taught us the importance of raising a Pokemon yourself. Catching a wild Metapod meants nothing but Harden, so you'd have to start it at a Caterpie to get any use out of it. Good on it.
Then Butterfree was kinda like your first taste of power. Remember the early going when all of them except your starter sucked? Then you get an early evolution into Butterfree, and you're dishing out some Psywaves and stuff... And it's like awwwww yeah - my Butterfree is awesome!

DarkestLight
22nd November 2009, 09:08 PM
..I..don't have that memory. Honestly! Yeah I caught a Caterpie and had to raise it, but seriously, I got a Pikachu and a Nidoran and I was good to go (cause Bulba pwned all as starters go) and when Butterfree reached Mt Moon, it reached a pure failure rate of 1000! Rock throw all day killing my crappy azz Butterfree.

Houndoom_Lover
22nd November 2009, 09:14 PM
I had my Charmander evolve by the time I reached Mt. Moon, so I never realised upon the others, but Raticate kicks major Pokeass.

Butterfree is nice for its staus effect attacks, good for Pokemon capturing.

Drago
22nd November 2009, 09:16 PM
It's because you didn't raise it with love, DL you heartless monster. ;_;
Though I remember what fun I had back before I had any idea what kind of team I'd assemble and cycling through all the new Pokemon I caught. I think Zubat was one of the first ones I ditched. Little did I know that years later Crobat would be all kinds of awesome.

Telume
22nd November 2009, 09:18 PM
I was one of those people that seriously over leveled, I remember that by the time I got to Lt. Surge I had a Blastoise level 36, so even though I had a weakness I kicked Lt. Surge's ass. XD

Kurosakura
22nd November 2009, 09:27 PM
I did a lot of overleveling, and I still do. XD I love 1HKO-ing everything. First I ditched was Geodude, I think. I honestly loved my Butterfree and shoved all sorts of TMs on her. (gender confirmed on Pokemon Stadium 2)

DarkestLight
22nd November 2009, 09:33 PM
Very true. I raise my pokemon with hate. Least the ones that were deemed weak :d

Telume
22nd November 2009, 10:07 PM
I remember when I was one of the few of my clique to have raised a Dragonite by myself to 90 without cheating, I also raised a Hypno to 89 without cheating lol.

firepokemon
22nd November 2009, 11:57 PM
I remember when evil PokeMasterMisty told everyone in the Pokemon Anime forum that Butterfree had died. This caused real upset and angst among the more stupid members. Of course I had to stick my nose in and told PokeMasterMisty off for her actions. We in turn told members off for the lack of moderation in several forums and found ourselves modding Misc tomorrow.

Of course it never says Butterfree died its only assumed as with real butterflies that butterfree would die. Of course PMM said the Japanese version actually stated Butterfree would die.

I still cry whenever I watch Bye Bye Butterfree. Its the best and saddest episode ever and is so wonderful.

Telume
23rd November 2009, 12:42 AM
^ That is what makes the original series so awesome.

Mewtwo's Origin was so dark but it was also a bit of a tear jerker, makes you feel bad for Mewtwo and it actually makes you understand his point of view.

Back on topic: There's gotta be a way to make Butterfree kick ass in competitive again.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd November 2009, 09:54 AM
Yes, Butterfree will need too get a new ability or pump its speed up and get some hardcore bug attacks.

Ass Kick/Bug
An unavoidable attack that makes everything catch die and die.

Lady Vulpix
23rd November 2009, 11:20 AM
Ash's Butterfree? I suppose he's bound to die eventually, he's not immortal. But who knows how long a Butterfree normally lives? (Or most other pokemon for that matter.)

I was still watching the anime by the time Ash let his Butterfree go and I wished he would show up again. Of course, he didn't. Then Ash left his Pidgeot promising to return for him and he never did. Then he started abandoning all his pokemon and that more than anything else was what made me decide to drop the anime. The lack of plot originality came in second.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd November 2009, 12:53 PM
What the heck is this thread about? Some fanfic?

Lady Vulpix
23rd November 2009, 01:18 PM
What the heck is this thread about? Some fanfic?
Just Buterfree in general.

Butterfree in the old (and pehraps future?) Fanfic banner, Butterfree in the games, Butterfree in the anime... anything Butterfree-related.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd November 2009, 02:15 PM
Well, I was never really too fond of Butterfree though I often enough had one in my party when playing the classic series. It was okay for the beginning but usually after the Cerulean Gym it ended up in the box. Just from the looks I liked Beedrill more though Butterfree had the better attacks back then, mostly due to Psybeam.

Blademaster
23rd November 2009, 03:15 PM
Darkly is right. Butterfree sucks. Too overrated.

Give me a Venomoth or a Beedrill over that shit anyday.

Lady Vulpix
24th November 2009, 11:23 AM
I think Butterfree is underrated, not overrated. It has a good range of attacks and very good accuracy. Too bad the stats aren't all that great, but its early evolution gives it an edge at lower levels.

Rossymore
24th November 2009, 11:51 AM
I like Butterfree too. And a Butterfree played a significant role in my victory against Red in Pokemon Gold (and throughout the game).

Same...though not that much of a role.

In my Crystal game, I wanted to replace Butterfree for a time but I just couldn't find a Pokemon to replace it so I stuck with it.

Even after the E4 and I got a Houndoom, I still didn't replace it. I love the Psychic move I taught it.

Crystalmaster Mike
24th November 2009, 01:32 PM
Butterfree was/is a very versatile Pokémon. You can raise it pretty easily, and profit early. Once it learnt its first Psychic and Flying move, it earnt its spot among your powerhouses.
Of course, nothing you could do would make it last long versus Blaine and consorts, but the 'Free really buttered up your training days.

homeofmew
18th December 2009, 11:15 AM
Buterfree and Confusion is good versus brock.
thats about it.

Jeff
18th December 2009, 12:02 PM
That's how I always beat him in yellow. Luckily Butterfree gets confusion 2 levels earlier than in Red and Blue.

Mr. Brightside
18th December 2009, 03:13 PM
I love Butterfree! I remember having two of them a male and a female in Gold and i was trying to lv them to use them against Red. Good days.

Lol, when i reached that Gyarados lake and met that girl that was talking about a pink Butterfree i went nuts, I was searching like a crazy to find it. I had no idea if there was one in the game and i could not find out since i had no internet connection :p

Butterfree is the no. 1! Beautifly is cool as well, since we talk about butterflies, but i like Butterfree more.

Ash's Butterfree? I suppose he's bound to die eventually, he's not immortal. But who knows how long a Butterfree normally lives? (Or most other pokemon for that matter.)

I was still watching the anime by the time Ash let his Butterfree go and I wished he would show up again. Of course, he didn't. Then Ash left his Pidgeot promising to return for him and he never did. Then he started abandoning all his pokemon and that more than anything else was what made me decide to drop the anime. The lack of plot originality came in second.

I wonder... Butterflies live around a week or something. Hmmm..., what the life span of a Butterfree could be...?

Oh yeah..., the Pidgeot thing. It was the time that the writers decided to make Ash look 100% stupid. It gets on my nerves when i think about it. He was back in Kanto but the writers were too busy to make an episode in which he could one of his best Pokemon back. <<

Yes, Butterfree will need too get a new ability or pump its speed up and get some hardcore bug attacks.

Ass Kick/Bug
An unavoidable attack that makes everything catch die and die.

Lol, i would like to see that.

All that talk makes me want to get a plushie.

EngiMatikul
18th December 2009, 03:44 PM
Butterfree is cool and was indeed one of the best pokemon in the first generation.

But Beautifly is more moe. :V Its eyes are more cute than the compound ones Butterfree has!

That and I like Beautifly's stat arrangement better too. Despite the fact that she dies as soon as you fling a rock at it.

Houndoom_Lover
18th December 2009, 10:50 PM
Me too! I want a plushie- a lifesized one ^-^

EngiMatikul, I like your avatar. Beautifly are kinda mean, aren't they though?

Kurosakura
19th December 2009, 01:58 AM
Beautifly are vicious. They'll attack you for pollen/nectar, and they have bad tempers.

BUTTERFREE FOR THE WIN!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th December 2009, 06:21 AM
Metapod for the win.

EVERYTHING ELSE ARE LIES!

Telume
19th December 2009, 12:47 PM
@H_L: I remember there being life-like plushies of certain pokemon, I wonder if they discontinued them or if you gotta import...

CuteLassJigglypuff
19th December 2009, 01:12 PM
I love Butterfree! I usually use it in my teams. I remembered having a shiny Butterfree in my Silver game.

Andrew
20th December 2009, 04:54 AM
Butterfree is better than Beautifly.

Also, venonat was apparently supposed to evolve into Butterfree and Caterpie into Venomoth. Check out the looks/.

Houndoom_Lover
20th December 2009, 02:36 PM
Yesh X3 I'm gunna track 'em down and find them!!