PDA

View Full Version : Any Actors Out There?

Redfire313
25th November 2009, 03:01 PM
Hey, anybody here act?

I just got finished with a Hairspray prodution.

Houndoom_Lover
25th November 2009, 04:20 PM
Ja gern, I've been in Josph and the Tecnincoloured dreamcoat, and Oklahoma, and in serval others like "Girl got Ghost" I think that's what it was called, and some classical ones. I've been in many student made plays.

Yep, I've acted alot ^__^

Redfire313
25th November 2009, 04:31 PM
Cool! I've love acting, and I'm thinking of making it my career after collage.

Lady Vulpix
25th November 2009, 05:45 PM
I've done some acting in the past. Took classes for 9 years, not counting the acting workshops at school.

Kurosakura
25th November 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm in a production of Les Miserables. :)

Other shows I've done were Miss Saigon and The Secret Garden.

DivineAll
25th November 2009, 08:16 PM
If being a writer doesn't work out for me, I can always try acting thanks to my experiences in high school drama class.

Unfortunately, during my time in said class, a good chunk of acting came from "Whose Line" sketches, so I'll most likely have to wing my auditions if I ever get one.

Blademaster
25th November 2009, 09:27 PM
Actor? No...

Though I CAN voice-act pretty well. Nothing too deep/gravelly and/or high/feminine, but I can run the rest of the gamut well enough.

Master Rudy
25th November 2009, 09:50 PM
Actor? No...

Though I CAN voice-act pretty well. Nothing too deep/gravelly and/or high/feminine, but I can run the rest of the gamut well enough.

I admit I don't have a vocal range but I have toyed with the idea of trying out as a VA at some point. I've always had a radio voice and do have the training as a DJ so who knows? Maybe one day......

Drago
26th November 2009, 01:58 AM
So how come nobody's mentioned the roles they've done yet? I call pleb until proven otherwise.

I'm actually making my start in pursuing my acting career, but I gotta say, if anyone is just casually considering it as an option, I'd advise you to think again. Unless you're working at it 110%, you haven't got a chance in hell. I'm applying for countless pleb roles every day (unpaid work at this point, might I add), and jumping from obscure location to location in the hopes of getting a single callback. It's not for the faint hearted, I go into all these things knowing I could get knocked back and have to go onto the next thing. I've been rejected by a whole slew of pissant little agencies so far, so getting a reputable agent is a long way off.

My list of works are predominantly entrenched in amateur theatre. Been in Blackrock (Stewart, Roy), Cosi (Zac), Away (which is incidentally the worst play ever written, avoid it like the plague, I played Roy), A series of selections from Shakespeare (Hamlet's Ghost, Starveling, Mustardseed and Lysander), A Midsummer Night's Dream (Demetrius) and Ruby Moon (Sid), plus lots of unknown works and student films. Currently in a production of Alice in Wonderland as the March Hare.

On my way to an audition right now, actually. And running really late. Tip: NEVER rely on public transport.

Master Rudy
26th November 2009, 06:03 AM
Heh......I don't ever recall you mentioning acting at any point Drago. Good luck with the audition bro. Hopwfully it all goes well. If you get really lucky maybe you can get a break by being Dead Henchman #1 for a Bond villian or perhaps cannon fodder for Jack Bauer :lol:

Kurosakura
26th November 2009, 11:44 AM
I'm not good enough to get a lead role. If I were to list all the roles I've done, I wouldn't even remember half of them since they were all so insignificant.

Telume
26th November 2009, 11:54 AM
Best I've done is chorus. :[

Redfire313
26th November 2009, 12:24 PM
So how come nobody's mentioned the roles they've done yet? I call pleb until proven otherwise.

I'm actually making my start in pursuing my acting career, but I gotta say, if anyone is just casually considering it as an option, I'd advise you to think again. Unless you're working at it 110%, you haven't got a chance in hell. I'm applying for countless pleb roles every day (unpaid work at this point, might I add), and jumping from obscure location to location in the hopes of getting a single callback. It's not for the faint hearted, I go into all these things knowing I could get knocked back and have to go onto the next thing. I've been rejected by a whole slew of pissant little agencies so far, so getting a reputable agent is a long way off.

My list of works are predominantly entrenched in amateur theatre. Been in Blackrock (Stewart, Roy), Cosi (Zac), Away (which is incidentally the worst play ever written, avoid it like the plague, I played Roy), A series of selections from Shakespeare (Hamlet's Ghost, Starveling, Mustardseed and Lysander), A Midsummer Night's Dream (Demetrius) and Ruby Moon (Sid), plus lots of unknown works and student films. Currently in a production of Alice in Wonderland as the March Hare.

On my way to an audition right now, actually. And running really late. Tip: NEVER rely on public transport.

Thanks for the tip. Guess when I graduate, I got to put a lot of time and effort into it. Unless I get lucky.

shazza
26th November 2009, 09:40 PM
I did acting when I was like 8-10. I also had a black and white camera where I constantly did acting for my own amusement, and to an extent, I still have an interest in it.

I'm pretty good at e-acting. ;)

MToolen
27th November 2009, 01:07 PM
I was in my high school's plays since junior high. I kind of miss it, but the pit orchestra has fewer rehearsals (and it actually pays).

Umm...

Bye, Bye, Birdie - Randolph MacAfee
It's a Wonderful Life - one of George's kids (can't remember which, but it was seven years ago)
1776 - Caesar Rodney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_Rodney), post boy
Fiddler on the Roof - Avram the Bookseller
M*A*S*H - Private Boone
Joseph and ... Dreamcoat - Dan (had the solo in "Those Canaan Days")
Romeo and Juliet - Romeo (had this one mentally blocked)
Oklahoma! - Chorus (was also in pit orchestra)
High School Musical - Ryan
You Can't Take It With You - Ed Carmichael
The Pirates of Penzance - Frederick

Currently, my uni's doing another Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, The Gondoliers. I'll probably wind up in the chorus, but it's the first time I'll have been acting on-stage in almost two years. I feel old. Acting's fun to do, but music won out as my primary focus, and I've made my peace with that.

Crystalmaster Mike
30th November 2009, 12:12 PM
Heh, I saw the musical Hairspray mentioned in the first post. Only know the name through the season of So you think you can dance? that ended here, but I got interested.

I'm not an actor nor active in the branche, because I suppose I'd have stage freight and/or troubles bringing my lines in a credible way.
The only time I was in a play was in preschool. I played The Oinkbeast, the purple thing on the left (http://translate.google.be/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Foinkbeest.hyves.nl%2F&sl=nl&tl=en&swap=1), though my costume was blue. I was an alien. :D

ChobiChibi
30th November 2009, 01:15 PM
High School Musical - Ryan

XD! A friend of mine played Ryan. They look so similar, that whenever I watch it, I think it's him XD

I haven't done anything majorly big. My schools didn't ever put on big productions. I've been in a load of amature pantomimes, though. They were all written by this old guy in my choir. I was one of the two leading ladies in Dick Wittington... I was Maria in The Sound of Music and the Chief Moonmaiden in some other weird not-actually-panto-but-pretty-much production we did. I had to sing a verse of a song whilst my brother pranced around on the stage making a fool of himself. It was brilliant.

Auditioning for a part in Orpheus and the Underworld next semester.

Zallarion
30th November 2009, 01:29 PM
I could:O?

PancaKe
1st December 2009, 08:06 AM
I guess I was in a beach mission kids play the other year about some naughty kids who end up going into space. :D other than that, nope