PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Disturbances

Crystalmaster Mike
30th November 2009, 12:42 PM
Do you have a device at home you use daily or weekly, that seems to have a will of its own? What does it do, and how do you handle this?

I don't take anwers referring to fellow housemates, thank you very much. That's worthy of a thread of its own...

Our tv has the strange habit of sometimes starting up with the volume amped up to 80. Not always, just some of the times. The wise thing would be to switch to a dead channel and quiet it down there. Of course, our immediate instinct is always to do it immediately, so for 10 seconds or so, the noise is almost a physical nuisance.

Jeff
30th November 2009, 12:49 PM
The picture on our upstairs TV occasionally freezes or it will get completely scrambled and make a loud horrible screeching sound. The only way to fix either of these is to unplug it.

MToolen
30th November 2009, 11:35 PM
My computer has decided it doesn't like iTunes anymore, but that's a different story.

My dresser drawer hath no handles, and yet I must open it. Sometimes, the edges will cooperate with me, and other times I feel like making kindling out of it.

Crystalmaster Mike
2nd December 2009, 12:04 PM
I've got PC boxes which hum when plugged into the power grid, even if they're supposedly 'off'. I've heard this might be a normal thing, but it keeps reminding me of the electricity running through that small plastic box...

I've also had/have some faulty wirings at home: lamps that go on/off or shine less/more brightly if you touch them or their switches.
Also, the extension cord for my laptop had to be laid down carefully, or the current wouldn't reach the device and charge the battery.