PDA

View Full Version : Card of the Week

Houndoom_Lover
1st December 2009, 06:25 PM
I know you’re salivating for the card of the week, but WiFi is impossible to get up here at Mt. Moon. Yes! Mt. Moon has been reopened. Once deemed too dangerous for people to traverse through. It is now open, again. Mt. Moon has many bizarre creatures, and trainers come from all around to capture them.

I brought one back for you to see!

http://www.poke-amph.com/tcg/neo/clefairy.JPG

It’s a Clefairy! This Colourless Pokemon looks merrily out to the world. Why? Because she starts out with 50 Hit Points, pretty high for a Base Pokemon, and some really mean attacks.

This Fairy Pokemon’s attacks are a little costly, but the extra energy is worth the output. First up we have Doubleslap. This attack normally does ten, but with a little luck and the flip of a coin (twice), this attack does 30 points of damage! That’s more then enough to take out many of the early Base Pokemon…

The next one is Squaredance. This one is pretty expensive for a Base Pokemon. And if you notice, there’s not a number for attack damage. Now notice that tiny print- oh yeah, a complex attack, babies!

You flip the number of coins equal to the number of Pokemon you have in play- so if you have a full bench you’ll flip six coins. For each heads, you can search for an energy card (A basic one). To make sure you’re not cheating, you have to show your opponent the card. You can then put it in your hand, and shuffle your deck. You’re prolly wondering why you’d want to pay three energies just to search for some, and I wondered that myself too…

Well, I can’t think of anything. Just hurry up and evolve it into Clefable and use Metronome. Joking aside, this Clefairy is very good for high energy attacks deck, like Charizard and Gyarados.

Clefairy has the basic resistance to Purple Eye people, a nice negative thirty. That’ll stop an Abra in its tracks, allowing you to Doubleslap it into infinity and beyond. It has a weakness to Fighting, as most Colourless do, and one retreat cost. But give it a break- its heavy fairy!

It has nice flavor text…that has nothing to do with its awesome picture. It’s like a funky picture of a Clefairy on some Grandmama’s porch. So sweet.

You can get these uncommon cards for around a dollar or less a pop- so if you have some pocket change, pick one up! They add fun to any collection, and come in handy in some of those slower moving decks.