PDA

View Full Version : How's school for you?

Houndoom_Lover
6th December 2009, 05:46 PM
This may belong in Mt. Moon--I just don't know any more!

Anywho, my first semester of University is coming to an end. It was...I dunno, mildly miserable because of stupid class choices I made. I guess it's alright. Next semester is going to be loads better.

What about you lot?

abunaidesu
6th December 2009, 05:57 PM
pretty miserable

i'm taking six classes in the spring so i should have even more fun ^_______^

Drusilla
6th December 2009, 06:00 PM
Well... I tried a CSIS class, since my current major is Computer Information Systems. I was fine until we started actual programing... Then I just lost it. Excel, XHTML, even Access were fine... but programing sucks. =(

So, it looks like I'm switching my major to Anthropology, since I'm rockin' in that class. Now I'm looking at spending at least the next ten years in school... I'm going to be so old by the time I'm done. X_x;;

Houndoom_Lover
6th December 2009, 06:00 PM
Oh, yay!

I'm taking that many too...I think, but they'll all be actual classes I hopefully won't suck at. Except Math, but I have an ingenious "pass math" plan. School really emos me out.

:0! Is that why Anthropologists are so old?! I learned so much right now! I double majored so I could take art classes. I'm sorry programming didn't work out. Grrrg, I wish the semester was over today.

abunaidesu
6th December 2009, 10:12 PM
Math is my worst subject. :(

Houndoom_Lover
6th December 2009, 10:22 PM
:0 Same. My plan is to do the first math sets over break, so I can weaselly not work until I get the swing of this semester. I'm thinking two math sets a week while I'm on break, before I go to bed. I just hafta recopy most of them...

Telume
7th December 2009, 01:36 AM
Almost done here, got finals and after that that's it pretty much.

shazza
7th December 2009, 04:11 AM
I'm on yet another summer/end of year/Christmas break until early March. Then another semester, then hopefully honours.

Zak
7th December 2009, 04:18 AM
I'm a math major which is pretty demanding and intense. I barely have room for electives now.

At least the drawback is that I don't have a lot of papers, just some really intense math stuff. I like to think, but it's so hard that I even get C's a lot. Hell, in one of my math classes, our last couple exams' averages were in the 40s. Go figure. Though I can't really decide whether it's the subject being hard or the professor being sucky.

PancaKe
7th December 2009, 07:16 AM
I'm awaiting results nervously. If i've passed everything; I have a degree in Communications which means i'm a journalist ... and then I start my Masters of teaching in Marchc next year as soon as I'm back from Taiwan. Otherwise , if I fail, I take six months off and try again next Spring.

Jeff
7th December 2009, 07:47 AM
I have my first final today, last one Thursday. It's been going OK. When grades come in, I don't think this'll be my best semester ever, but it won't be my worst either.

Houndoom_Lover
7th December 2009, 10:23 AM
My finals are next weekish. I'm gunna try and get 'em in before the 22nd so I can actually go home.

Aawrw, frownie face Mcgee, I'm upset with stuff

DivineAll
7th December 2009, 10:37 AM
I'm pretty much almost done with community college and will eventually go to a regular college to further advance my English studies so I can improve myself as a writer. But first, I need more money, so I'm going to try a find a somewhat stable job in today's market, with my limited job experioence, to save up to pay for a standard college. Not going to be the easist job in the world... but wish me luck anyways. ^^;

MToolen
7th December 2009, 10:50 AM
This, the penultimate week of my third semester at uni, might very well kill me.

After wrecking my dad's car last night (a different story altogether), I have 5AM-4PM days every day except for tomorrow and Wednesday, where it's more like 5AM-9PM. I have to get over 10 hours of classroom observation in, play in a concert, and take a final and a half.

Houndoom_Lover
7th December 2009, 12:49 PM
Luck I wish you, DivineAll! How long were you in community college? I'm kinda gun ho to finish in four years...but there's no real rush really. Who am I to rush anything. Fuck- just three more hours, and I can destress!

MToolen, that sounds icky :0 And it will. This last week is killing me

Drusilla
7th December 2009, 04:37 PM
I just survived my last test in information systems/internet technologies! *does a little dance* Now to survive the final as well... the tests are open book but long and hard. The final has the same questions, but closed book, and over five or six chapters...

I'm so glad I just changed my major. Drusie is officially a cultural anthropology major! *confetti*

Good luck to everyone doing finals!

DivineAll
7th December 2009, 04:51 PM
Luck I wish you, DivineAll! How long were you in community college?

Thanks, for the luck Houndoom_Lover, I'm certainly going to need it considering it's me. ^^;

Also, if I'm going to be finishing up by around next quarter, I'll have finished nearly four years worth of community college classes. Less if you include the fact that I flunked and/or dropped out a few of them, more likely the latter. ^^;