PDA

View Full Version : M-E-W: Defiance (It begins!)

Pages : 1 [2]

Arctic A
21st November 2004, 09:24 AM
Arctic
------------------------------------------------
Anger boiled up inside me as I listned to Far ask Byakko to help him. Unable to contain myself, I threw myself at far and punched him as hard as I could across the face.
<<< You bastard, Far. She'll never help you! None of us will! In fact, I don't know why we havn't tried to help Jewel kill YOU! >>>
Far snarled, wiping the blood from his face where I had hit him. He was a complete wreck from his battle.
"For all our sakes, Arctic, look at the situation from an unbiased point of view. " He spoke quietly. No, no...he was trying to trick us all. Deciet and death were his ways. I glanced up at Jewel and Crystal. The bond was so tight that I could almost feel it in the air.
<<< No. If you hurt Jewel, you hurt Crystal...that will NOT happen. And I would rather have Jewel here anyday than you. >>> I growled, flicking my tail angrily. Byakko looked at me, then at Far, and then the same several times over.
<<< Stand down, Byakko. Let me deal with Far. >>>
"But Dad...what if...what if he's right?"

Far let out a grim smile.

Bulbasaur4
21st November 2004, 10:50 AM
Far

Far felt the blow, and although it did make him move he felt no pain. His aura was still roaring about him, dangerous silver flecks and he had no doubt that when Arctic had punched him, his paw must have burned slightly. The silver aura was a defensive and offensive measure, and Far narrowed his eyes at Arctic. If Far hated one Mew the most...it would be Jewel, because Jewel had released some thing inside of him when he had to look after her in the void for a little while for Kalidor. But, if he had to hate some one else... it was Arctic. Always Arctic.

You fool. If you're going to eavesdrop upon our little conversation, then at least do it right! I said I wouldn't try to contain Jewel until after the ceremony. That way Crystal would not be hurt.
Arctic shot a death glare at Far, but Byakko's innocent eyes looked confused and rather pleading. It didn't seem like she wanted anyone else to fight.

Arctic, speak with reason. I know you dislike me... but put that aside. Look at things from a logical perspective. I haven't harmed any of you and right now I have reason to. You're rash. You punched me when I didn't deserve it because I'm speaking the truth. Think of what Jewel has done these past few weeks! She's wandered about the castle aimlessly... speaking to herself, talking about a red crystal she found, looking lost and alone... and now, she blames me for what has happened to Seiko. You must know that I didn't do that. How could I? I have strength... but not that type of strength. She's going to kill me for no just reason, and you're just going to let her because you have a grudge against me?

Far withdrew a breath, narrowing his eyes as if the thought disgusted him.

We don't have to kill her. I just want her to be contained until she's better. Once the ceremony is over, and I mean immediatly, before any of the two of them can react... we must get Jewel.

Kuro Espeon
1st December 2004, 03:33 PM
*bangs head on desk for inspiration*

Ack, I'm sorry, I'm working on a post now and I'll try to get it up before the end of the week!

Kuro Espeon
18th December 2004, 03:55 PM
*cries*
I spent soooo long writing this awesome, detailed post....and then it disappeared. :cry: I hate this stupid thing.... :mad2:
So I'm going to try and write again, but I apologize if it sucks hardcore...

Crystal:
~~~~~
I was only vaguely aware of the conversations that were going on below me. I knew something was going on, but my mind was too far gone now to understand it. The only thing that I was concious of was my connection to Jewel that was growing steadily stronger. Our souls were completely intertwined and our minds were moving as one. There was only once more verse left and then the ceremony would be completed. I did not know what the exact results were going to be, but I knew it was out only chance. In a strange, echoic voice, Jewel and I spoke in unison the final words of the Beath'mora-Comhghan...

"Revilei! Revilei! Aminus sollom!
Agilai She'ketan roth bakalen remenda!
Ogihley rashmada fera cos'kerakta,
fera bolisi tu raigihle vertak!
Revilei....Revilei...Revilei!!!"
("Awake! Awake! Live once more!
Arise slumbering spirits from your eternal peace!
Heed our call and come forth,
and show us the pathway to truth!
Awake....awake...Awake!!")

The last word hadn't even faded from the air when I suddenly felt a great surge of energy shoot through me like a bolt of lightning, causing my body to go completely rigid in middair. I felt a foreign presence entering and filling my body, merging itself completely with my mind. It was an odd feeling, but strangely comforting. It was ancient...all-knowing....supreme... and I gave myself into it without a fight. As my conciousness slowly faded away I heard a voice. It was noble and golden, but spoke in an almost whisper to me alone: "Do not fear...let your mind be free....allow me to borrow your body...Trust in me, Crystal the Caregiver....let go...."

Still floating in the air, the bodies of Crystal and Jewel went completely rigid, their limbs straight and tight and their eyes cast toward the sky as if awaiting something. They were enveloped in a misty-white aura that shrouded them from view. The only things that shone through were their eyes, which were now glazed over in an icy green glow, giving off an apocryphal air. When the pulsing aura finally faded away, the bodies of the Mew sisters were revealed again. However, they were now covered from head to toe with cryptic, black markings and bands. The almost tiger-stripe markings framed their faces and made them seem regal, powerful and ancient. The bodies of the sisters were still there, but it was obivious from the expressions on their faces that Crystal and Jewel were no longer present....

Farlander:
~~~~~~
The moment I caught site of the markings that now adorned the bodies of Crystal and Jewel, and the second I saw the glow eminating from their eyes, my blood began to run cold. Almost in a state of paralysis, I let out a low breath of awe and disbelief. Flashwing's reaction was almost identical. Even Arctic and Far had ceased their conversation and were staring up at the scene unfolding above.
"Flashwing...old friend...are you seeing what I'm seeing?" My voice was hushed and quivered slightly in anticipation.
"Indeed. Those markings....I know them. I know them well..." For the first time in several hundred years, I heard Flashwing's voice crack and his cool demeanor dropped.
"As do I. I can't believe it....so this is the Beath'mora-Comhghan..."
"Umm...excuse me?" Tornado interjected, obviously confused, "For those of us who aren't Creators, would someone mind explaining what in bloody blazes is going on here?!" I answered his question without taking my eyes off of Crystal and Jewel.
"Use your senses Tornado. I know you are not as dumb as you seem. Can't you feel it in the air? Can't you see it in their eyes? Those markings that cover their bodies comfirm it! Yes, we are in the presence of Ancient Pokemon Spirits. They have joined themselves with the minds of Crystal and Jewel and are using their bodies as a median."
<<"Ancient Spirits?">> said Arctic, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.
"Yes," Flashwing continued, "And not just any Spirits. Those black bands and frierce green eyes are proof. Crystal and Jewel have called forth the spirits of the Hilian Twins."
**"H-Hilian Twins?"** chirped little Byakko. Now i cast my eyes directly into hers.
"The Hilian Twins were two sisters, Ancient Pokemon of a race that no longer exists. They have descended from the Spirit World and are now in control of the bodies of Crystal and Jewel. Nada'thae and Hypa'thae...the original Creators of Life and Death....The strongest of the Ancients..."

*dies* :dead:

Arctic A
20th December 2004, 12:53 PM
Arctic
-----------------------------------

Seeing even Flashwing staring in wonder made my fur stand up on end...I was both enthralled by what was taking place above, and scared to no end. I flew beside Byakko and held her paw tightly, feeling similar feelings rocketing around inside her.
We're too late...Jewel- Far started, but I cut in.
<<< She isn't there...they...they're going to help her...bring her back...>>> I stammered, not entirely sure how much truth was present in my words. With Farlander and Flashwing both equally unsure...I was scared...so scared...I clamped my eyes shut.

In the end, everything will be alright, won't it?

Crys....Crys...I need you...

In my mind formed the image of Crystal hovering in the center of a golden field, ripe with amazingly bright red flowers, swaying gently with the wind...Crystal's sweet, smiling face...both as a Mew and in a human form...equal shows of beauty and elegance...something worth dying for.

I can't go on without you. You've always been here with me...even when i've been so far gone.

Crys? Can you hear me? You can make it through this!

...I love you...I would do anything to make sure you're okay...

I've changed...I was once full of hate...but now...dear Crys...you've shown me a brighter side...you've shown me how to live.

I love you. Come back to me! Spirits, hear me! Bring her back alive! Take me as a sacrifice if you need one! JUST LET HER BE ALRIGHT! LET CRYSTAL AND JEWEL LIVE!

Bulbasaur4
30th December 2004, 03:55 PM
Hope this is alright...

Hypa'thae

+What is this dear Nada'thae?+ Hypa'thae spoke, her eyes opening to expose her inner, death-like state of silver orbs. They were brilliant... shinning with an inner knowledge and it was clear that Jewel was no longer available. Hypa'thae's voice was strong, clear and while not sounding evil... a great sense of power and order came from her voice.
- We were summoned, we were summoned to help. - Nada'thae commented, as both sisters hovered in the air... and both of them, with their stunning eyes... scanned the area about them. Hypa'thae examined the situation carefully, and then with an easing gaze she gave another nod. However, the nod was cut off as Hypa'thae's eyes suddenly seemed as if they were in pain. She clenched her jaw slightly, and Nada'thae instantly recognized that some thing was clearly wrong.
+This... this host. She is weak... how did she call us if she was so weak?+
Nada'thae floated to her sister a bit closer, - Perhaps she had some energy left... to sustain her life? -
+No... her energy is completely gone and her body is broken and so horribly used that it is of no use to me. She should be dead... death claims those like her in this state. Yet... her soul alone keeps her alive.+
Nada'thae withdrew a breath... -They asked us to stop the Crimson Rain. My host is very able, what about yours? -
Hypa'thae gave a nod.
+I will keep her alive during the ceremony with my own energy. But when we are finished... she will be given to death. She wishes death upon herself... to save another life. One who will not live if she is present in time... I can recall all her memories dear sister. Come to me and relive them with me so we can understand the condition. It is very tradgical... +
With that, Nada'thae came closer and Hypa'thae touched her sister's hand. A soft glow of gentle magenta emitted from both of them, and for a short second it seemed as if both were sleeping. However soon Hypa'thae withdrew from Nada'thae, and both were silent for a while.
- She will die... but the one she fights for will die as well, because another must be dead for the little one to live.-
+Yes.+
Suddenly a crackle of red energy seemed to emit from the sky and all too quickly both of the twin's attention was averted.
-We should end this rain before our summon was in vain. -
Hypa'thae nodded... +Like old times... remember them?+
Nada'thae smiled, a sweet sincere smile that seemed to light up the sky.
-Yes... let us relive them.-

With that, both sisters began to circle in the sky... a glow of both black and white forming around their bodies, as they began to rise towards the clouds.

Charmander765
31st December 2004, 01:31 PM
Race: Houndoom
Name: Heruga
Appearance: Looks like any houndoom exept is blood red
Personality: Untrusting, an attitude that would make the devil proud (sometimes)
Other: ONLY freinds are Guraena and Kyucon.

Race: Mightyena
Name: Guraena
Looks: Looks like any mightyena except she is a light blue color.
personality: NIce, Freindly, but has a little problem with being angered quickly.

Race: Ninetales
Name: Kyucon
Looks: http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapps37.gif
personality: ANOYING, entergetic, a real pain in the neck.

Bulbasaur4
31st December 2004, 04:05 PM
I see that you're new here Charmander. Firstly, let me say welcome to the forums! But I strongly urge you to read our Rules topic so you get an idea of how things work around here. This topic is not a sign-up topic... and it has already started and has been clearly nearing the end. Please read the rules and it will explain how you can sign up for RPGs. If you have any other questions... please contact me via PM (Private Message) or contact me at: luckclover4@yahoo.com or I have the MSN ID of flamepaw@yahoo.com or AIM at cbkander ^^ Thankies!

Charmander765
31st December 2004, 04:09 PM
Sorry!

Arctic A
31st January 2005, 10:16 AM
Arctic
===================================

Watching the two brilliant, glowing forms circling in the sky above me took me into a trance. Their movements were swift and sleek, weaving a glowing silver trail that fell as dust and covered us in it's magnificence. The blood red rain seemed to stop falling around us; shining beams shot out from a concentrated point bewteen the two figures. It all seemed so good...

Then the light beams began to alternate between a holy light and a horrific ray of darkness that amplified all the crimson. Whisps of dark and light energy shot from the center, engulfing the entire area. It began to feel cold...

"Nada'thae and Hypa'thae...the original Creators of Life and Death....the strongest of the Ancients..."
Flashwing smiled, as if he'd just realised something...
"Life and Death intertwined...the most powerful force...Can you not feel it?" He raised his wings and bowed low to the twisting force above him.
<<< Wh-what can we do? >>> I asked, starting to panic. The energy above us was building up, so I was unable to see the form that had been Crystal...beside me, Byakko shivered. I pulled her in and held her tightly in my arms. The cold was becoming intense.
"Without life there is no death...whatever happens...the two remain balanced...some will live this day..." Flashwing raised himself from the ground, still in awe of the events unfolding before him. He seemed oblivious to my question.

"...and some will die."

Sorry it's short. i'll not bother trying to make any excuses... :sweat4: *hides*

Kuro Espeon
4th February 2005, 05:21 PM
Hmmm...where to go from here....*hits her head on desk* Gotta think of something.

~*Nada'thae*~

As Nada'thae and her twin sister rose higher and higher into the sky, twisting and turning about each other with angelic grace, they both emited vast amounts of spirit energies that spread across the sky as quick as the wind. A sparkling silver dust fell from the sky like rain and covered the entire area around Mew Castle like a blanket. As their ancient power swirled around in a supernatural force, all of the scars on the land and damage made to the castle suddenly melted away and were magically repaired. Everything that had once been brown and lifeless were once again green and yeilding life. The blood in the sky drained away and was replaced by the clearest of blues, dotted with pure white clouds. Nada'thae, the Ancient Life Giver, spoke outloud, her ethereal voice echoing across the sky to the ears of all of the inhabitants of Mew Castle.
-"Young ones...Hear my voice. I, Nada'thae, the Life Force, have restored this place to it's proper glory and reverance. All wrongs have been righted, and all evil undone. However, with the gift of life there must be someting given in return. Life and Death are forever intertwined and therefore must remain balanced."- Now Hypa'thae joined in with her part of the message.
+"For when young Crystal and Jewel summoned us forth, they knowingly brought down upon this place Mercy as well as Judgement. For something to live, another must die. The one called Jewel has given up her soul as part of the sacrafice. However, only half of the price has been paid. Another must be taken back with us. We have weighed the amount of malice and betrayal in all of your hearts and determined which of you is the least pure of heart. Only the most evil of you shall be taken in order to balance out Jewel's purity and selfless sacrafice. For those of evil intention, today is a day of reckoning."+
Nada'thae then joined in with her sister as they spoke in unison.
-+"May this world be cleansed of evil and may balance be restored!"+-

Byakko:
~~~~~
On their final words, the entire area was bathed in pure white light. It shrouded us and I found myself temporarily blinded. The only way I could tell where I was was by Arctic's arm clinging tighter around me.I held on to my future father as tightly as I could, desperately wishing that he would not disappear.
The light only lasted a few seconds, but it seemed llike an eternity. It was if I was in an alternate dimension where time had ceased to exist. My mind was spinning and my body felt weak. I suddenly felt cold and numb, I couldn't even feel myself shiver. This cold....this unbearable cold. Was this....Death? Hypa'thae's power? But who was she taking? I almost wished that it would be me just so this horrible feeling would end. No sooner had I this thought passed my mind when I was suddenly jerked back into reality. The light melted away and the world reappeared. I wasn't dead...but...who then?
My chest tightened and I looked up in a panic. But I was instantly relieved when I saw Arctic's face above me. Thank God...Father was still here. Why wouldn't he be? He was one of the most noble and pure-hearted Mew's I knew. I should have never been in doubt. I looked to my left. Flashwing, Tornado, Farlander...They were there too. It was only simple deduction that led to the conclusion as I glanced to the right and realized...

They had taken Far....

Crystal:
~~~~~
I felt my conciousness flowing back to me. My soul was waking up once more from what seemed like an eternal slumber. I had no idea what had happened or how much time had past, but I did know that I was once again in my own body. The natural light seemed as harsh as if I was a newborn opening my eyes for the first time, and I had to blink several times until they readjusted.
My other senses returned one by one. First my hearing, my sense of smell, I could taste the clean air and knew that I was breathing. At first I was overwhelmed by a sense of numbness, but as it too faded away it was replaced by a dull pain, lightly throbbing. But I ignored it as I tried to gather where I was. I could see the azure of the sky above me, and I could feel the hard, cold ground beneath me. I was lying on the ground. The first thought that passed through my mind was a single word that made me jolt to a sitting position.
"Jewel!"
It was then I noticed that my paw was still clasped firmly to another. I looked down and saw Jewel's body. Lifeless...Jewel was gone. Surpringly, instead of feeling sad, I was suddenly filled with a strange warmth that I had never felt before. It was...relief...and ... happiness in a way. Jewel...my dear little sister...was finally at peace. And I was happy for her. I leaned over and pressed my muzzle against her cold cheek and whispered.
"Thank you, Jewel. Now...you can finally sleep. Be at peace, my sister. I love you..."

There! That should make up for not posting in a while! :p I hope that was OK with you, Bulbie, I really didn't know what else we were going to do.
Also, this isn't the last post by any means. I think we can all have a few more posts to wrap things up!

Kuro Espeon
12th February 2005, 10:59 AM
*clears throat and waits for B4 to post*....
It's her turn unless you want to do something, Arc.

Bulbasaur4
12th February 2005, 11:38 AM
I know! I need some time just like the rest of yah. lol

In the moment of claiming, Jewel's mind had focused in upon Far. The two ancients had agreed with Jewel's claim, and had taken Far's soul. Jewel's body laid motionless... as did Far's, and as the ancient's disappeared... suddenly a voice seemed to echo and drift amongst the remaining creatures.
With death... there is always life... such is the way of the ancients...

It seemed, that it was over. Jewel and Far were gone, Jewel's plan had been completed... she was at peace and could no longer suffer. Yet... a curious and rather eerie glow suddenly formed from both Jewel and Far's bodies. Of crimson and silver, both glowing little orbs seemed to come from their body. It seemed as if... it were a piece of energy left behind, a piece of them. Slowly they floated above their body, and with the last bit of spite that each had for each other... the two pieces of energies clashed together.
However... deep down inside of Far's remaining energy, there was an understanding. An understanding... of why he had been claimed, why Jewel had wanted t hem to die...
As the energies clashed together, they instantly formed into a strong, sparkling sphere of red... intermixed with various silver. The pulsating energy that radiated from it sooned seemed to fade into the inside of the ball, and the sphere became a solid object.
It softly laid upon the ground... and near to it, a feeling of life.

Dear sister... please, take care of my children. When a miracle happens for you, my second son will awaken. Ryve will be his name.... please, do not let my children fall into the same fate that I had been served. I have left you my gift already... please, take care. I love you all.

As quick as the soft, barely audible voice had come to the ears... it faded away...

Jewel, was gone.

Arctic A
15th February 2005, 10:45 AM
Arctic
===================================

I ran over to Crystal, who was still lying on the floor where she had been moments before lying beside Jewel. In her eyes was a look of both sorrow and happiness. I crouched down beside her, Byakko beside me.
"She's gone..." Crystal said, eyes wide open, staring at the strange sphere on the ground. I tried to say something, but I was choking on my emotions. Oerjoyed that Crystal was alright, yet so sad that Jewel was dead...
"She's at peace, Arc...she's found what she could never find here." Crystal smiled, standing up slowly, supported by myself. She was still looking at the sphere, which appeared to be swirling inside. Silver and red waves peacefully lapped against it's sides from inside. Inside my head, at that moment, I came to understand what Crystal was talking about.
Thank you, Jewel...you were always a part of me. Everyone here is...i'll look after Crystal for you. I promise...

Farlander and Tornado showed similar expressions, both amazed at what had happend and slowly turning their amazement into sorrow. I could see them both trying to conceal it, but they felt just as all of us did. Disaren also looked sad, although she had never known either of the deceased. Only Flashwing showed no sign of sorrow. He, too, was staring at the orb. Slowly, as if not to alarm us, he bent over and examined it closer. He slowly broke into a smile.

"In life and in death are not so different...she will always be with you all, no matter what." Flashwing spoke, spreading his rainbow wings in a motion that seemed to shower us all with a light glow of happiness.
"Far..." Byakko started to speak, but stopped quickly, not wanting to bring up the topic that much. I took Byakko's paw in mine, and glanced at the orb, smiling faintly as the silver and red intertwined in delicate patterns.

Kuro Espeon
16th February 2005, 11:17 PM
It's that time again, boys and girls! Time for us to start wrapping things up! ;_; *tear sniffle sniff* I can't believe this thing has been going on since 2002...yeah I know...probably because we took such a long break...lol. But it's still amazing!

Crystal:
~~~~~
I had no more words for Jewel. I had said everything that needed to be said. There was nothing else. Instead I bent down and picked up the swirling red-silver orb and craddled it in my palms. As I stared down at it's misty contents, the name that Jewel had spoked to me resounded in my mind.

Ryve...

I looked back up at Arctic and Byakko and instinctively threw my arms around them, holding them close to me and not wanting to let them go. This Byakko from the future was not yet my daughter, and Arc and I had yet to be soul-bound, but we were already a family. And from this point on they were the only family I would have. As the others made their way over and clustered around us, I couldn't help but shed a tear.
"Arc...This place is truely beautiful again isn't it?"
<<"...Yes.">>
"I think..." and now I was speaking more toward everybody, "That Jewel and Far should be buried...in the most beautiful place we can find here. A place...where they can see everything."
Flashwing nodded and looked up toward a small cliff face that loomed neighboring the castle. "I believe that is a very good idea."

Farlander:
---------
I, along with the others, was a little surprised to hear Crystal speak of Far so naturally and with as much love in her voice as she had for her own sister. Even after everything he had done she was still paying him respect and giving him forgiveness that he may not even deserve. But then again, this was Crystal we were talking about. The Mew would forgive anybody...even old, bird-brained Lugias...
"Hm." I interjected with a slightly jovial tone, causing attention to be drawn to me. "Well...I guess the little fool wasn't SO bad! He was still a Mew, even though he had let his heart run astray. I think it would be proper to give him an honorable burial as well. It's not like we're complete monsters..." I heard Tornado stiffle a bit of laughter that turned into a dragonic snort. At someone got the referance...
I saw Crystal's eyes soften upon me and a thankful smile crossed her face. Perhaps some of her kind-heartedness was rubbing off on me, but I wasn't about to admit it. As Arctic helped Crystal lift Jewel's body off the ground, Tornado assisted by carrying Far's body. As the group moved off toward the cliff face, Flashwing reared up beside me, the rainbow-colored dust trailing from his feathers.
"You've given into it, Farlander. Don't try and hide it. You've become one of them, and you like it, don't you?"
To this remark my only response was a deep snort. "You'd like that, wouldn't you, Flashwing? You'd love to see me go as soft as a Jigglypuff! However, I do have one thing to confess..."
"And what is that, old friend?"
"I've finally decided on who my successor will be."
"Good for you, you old bird, it sure as hell took you long enough."
"Bite me, featherhead."
Just then I heard the sound of someone forcefully clearing their throat. Flashwing and I stopped and looked back over our shuolders at the two figures that sat on the ground behind us, looks of confusion and bilwilderment still plastered to their faces.
"Arnen. Eclipse. So, that's where you two went... By the way, thank you both for your help with Disaren. You both have fine prowess."
"Aw, shucks." Said Arnen, lightly blushing.
"You two are always welcome to stay here at Mew Castle, if you'd like. I'm sure the others would be more than happy to take you in."
"Well, thanks for the offer," Said Eclipse witha twitch of her ears, "But this place seems like it has a little too much excitement for me."
"Yeah, besides," Arnen added, "We have our own adventures to hunt for!" With a light, mewish giggle, Arnen did a midair flip.
"Farewell, then." I said with a small bow of my head. Arnen then disappeared in a blink of and eye and Eclipse turned and bounded off into the shadowed woods. Flashwing chuckled.
"I'm sure Xiaro has already sensed what's happen, but maybe we should go and give him a full report."
"Indeed. WE can tell him that peace has returned to Mew Castle, and who knows how long it will last this time?"

I'm going to get a BYakko post up soon. Need to send her back to her own time, after all! ^_^

Arctic A
21st February 2005, 06:58 PM
Ok..i'm working on a Xiaro/Ordos/Annri/Daerren post that will wrap that part of the story up until the next time. :P.

wow. this has been a pretty damn sweet RPG...i hope the next installment can be just as snazzy. Us three should try and have a conversation on MSN ,or something, so we can start discussing some things about the next chapter.

*scuttles off to write*

Arctic A
4th March 2005, 01:07 PM
The great hall of Keras Arun-Myuu was almost completely silent. Xiaro's life preserving marble throne hummed softly on the raised floor at the back, where the throne had always been.

The silence was broken by the sound of heavy leather boots thumping against the ground. The doors suddenly burst open, and a giant of a man stode in. He was dressed in black leather battle armor, crossbow slung over his shoulder and carrying a small, creamy colored Mew in his arms. The sound of his movement echoed throughout the hall as he approached Xiaro's throne.

"Arun-Aazon." Xiaro's light voice filled every corner of the room. The man brushed his white hair away from his voice, letting his bright green eyes lie squarely upon Xiaro.

"I am here, Sir Xiaro."

"Xiaro will do, Ordos."

"Xiaro."

Ordos lay Annri down before Xiaro, and knelt before him. "Annri has returned. I assume you can care for her?" He spoke quietly.
"Annri is in safe hands, my friend. But what of Daerren?"
"He fled...his return effected him more than I could have anticipated...I'm sorry." Ordos apologised, looking down at Annri again. He had said it more to her than Xiaro...

"We will find Daerren. But first, I must ask something of the only Arun-Aazon Knight to grace these halls in a thousand years..."
"What would you ask?"

"The times are becoming more dangerous, Ordos. Even the protector may be unable to safeguard everyone here...divisions will come...friendships may be tested...strong in spirit I may be, but I am a physical wreck. Ordos, you must find more Arun-Aazon. Train them. Lead them, Ordos...the defenders of Keras Arun-Myuu must be shaped into a new fighting force, just as capable as the old order itself."

"I...I will do this, Xiaro. I shall not fail."

"Thank you, Ordos. I know you are eager to search for Daerren...but this task falls upon Annri, once she has her strength, and the other inhabitents of this castle. I sense yet another darkness...you and Arctic have seen it. You know of what I speak?"

Ordos nodded grimly.

"In time...you, I, and everyone else shall take care of it. But we are weakend...we must rebuild...we cannot fail now. The elders are close to passing, and we must safeguard the next generation...." Xiaro sighed audibly. "A great task...we shall not fail..."

Annri began to leviate, surrounded by a light red aura.

"When the others arrive, I shall tell them about Annri and Daerren. Go now, Ordos. Plan your methods."

Ordos nodded slowly, taking a last look at Annri before turning and exiting the hall.

Opening for some human sign-ups for the next RPG? possibleh...

Kuro Espeon
5th March 2005, 02:05 PM
Mm...good idea. Though the next RPG will more than likely be an "Invite Only" and whoever joins will be required to at least familiarize themselves with "Defiance". None of it will make sense otherwise.

B4 - You should probably make a post and bring Seiko back before I make my next post for Byakko.

Kuro Espeon
16th March 2005, 09:13 PM
COME ON GUYS! Don't give up on this when we're so close to being the first RPG in a long time to actually FINISH!!

Bulbie, we need a Seiko post. I can't finish with Byakko until you bring Seiko back in. Feel free to have him interact with her.

Kuro Espeon
29th May 2005, 03:01 PM
I refuse to not finish this RPG after we worked so hard on it! I'll make a short post that will hopefully grab B4's attention *clears throat*

Byakko:
~~~~~
I gazed, slightly teary-eyed, at the mounds that were still freshly built and under which the bodies of Jewel and Far lay, side-by-side, as Mew's of Keras Arun Myuu...Mew Castle. Even though I never got to know the real Jewel, my aunt, I still had cared for her as family. I could also feel the pain in my future mother's heart at losing the last of her kin. I even felt surprisingly mournful for Far. I knew, deep inside, he wasn't all bad. I had been told many stories of what he used be like, a very kind and peaceful Mew. Those stories became like memories and those memories were the ones I would keep in my heart forever.
I glanced over at Crystal and Arctic who were standing close together, a solemn and silent understanding between them so that they didn't have to say a word. I only hoped that one day I could find someone to share that kind of relationship with.
Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind and I almost kicked myself for forgetting it. Seiko! Now that everything was over he should've returned! Almost expecting to see him magically standing beside me, I spun around quickly, looking every which way for any sing of my dear friend, Seiko.
**"Seiko!"** I called out desperately. No matter what I had to do, I would see him again. I had to! For it was almost time for me to leave...

I left that open for you B4, please try to make one more post before this ends. I'll be willing to finish things up after that, as long as that's ok with you guys! ^_^

Arctic A
6th June 2005, 10:44 AM
:grumble:

The council hall of the ancients really had no location. It was there when it was needed, and only the five members could enter it. Now, only two perched where once five had sat...

"It's coming to an end..." Flashwing said loudly. "Our time is done."
Across from him, Farlander nodded in agreement. Gjostly images flowed all around the room, darting between the two huge birds, and a light mist was formed in layers. Faint images of three creatures hovered around the room, but they were empty and lifeless...
"We have all chosen who will come next." Flashwing said, quieter this time. He looked up at those ghosts, sighing slightly.
Farlander nodded again. Flashwing cast his eyes to the empty three seats that seperated him and Farlander.
"We've always been at ends, havn't we?" He laughed deeply, cranking his neck a bit. Farlander smiled.
"True. I still sometimes have dreams about your head on a pike outside the walls of my old castle..."

Both Farlander and Flashwing broke down into deep laughter.

"It's been fun, old friend."
"Aye. It bloody well has."
Farlander nodded quietly.
"The Messenger is already awoken..."
"Laquaria?"
"Indeed."

Farlander, too, looked up and watched the ghostly spirits of Ramses, Cizora and Kalidor roam the chamber.
"Will we be like them? We we always haunt this place?"
"No, no...once the whole five are gone...we can all rest in peace." Flashwing smiled happily. Farlander also smiled faintly.
"That'll be quite a difference. I wish the same could be true of the others..." He said. Flashwing frowned.
"What of Kalidor...to whom did he..."
Farlander growled and looked to the ground.
"We'll find out later, I guess..."

"Even in our last days, we are on are toes constantly...annoying isn't it?"

A little final Flashwing/Farlander moment there. *cough*. Seiko?

Kuro Espeon
6th June 2005, 01:55 PM
YAY!! Postage!! Thankee!! :3

I just hope we can get enough interest for the next RPG... should it be invite only?

Arctic A
8th June 2005, 01:44 PM
Think you can find enough people? :what:
BTW: I've edited the first post of the RPG somewhat. hehe.

Kuro Espeon
25th July 2005, 06:53 PM
Just because I want to actually have some closure with Byakko, and since it seems B4 won't post, I'm going to take a literary license and jump ahead a bit. This will be Byakko's last post...

Byakko:
~~~~~
After a bit of a search, we found Seiko's unconcious body at the forest's edge. I was extremely relieved to find that he was safe and unharmed, and he only appeared to be sleeping. With some help from Flashwing we were able to revive him. The moment he opened his big blue eyes I threw my arms around him in an overjoyed embrace.
**"Seiko! You're ok!"**
"B...Byakko?" Seiko stuttered, obviously still a bit confused about waht was going on. What...What's going on? What happened to me?" I shook my head and smiled at him.
**"Don't worry about it Seiko. Everything's alright now... Everybody's safe!"**
Seiko sat up and looked around at the faces that surrounded him in a semi-circle, all of them smiling.
"I don't....understand..." He sad softly, looking into my eyes.
**"It's ok. We'll explain everything soon. You just need to take it easy, Seiko!"**
Just then I stopped short as a small voice spoke to me. It wasn't a telepathic message or a halluncination, but it seemed as real as if it was spoken by someone right beside me. It sounded mysterious yet familiar, distant but also close, daunting as well as encouraging. It said to me...

'Byakko...come home!'

It was at that moment that I suddenly knew that my time here was over. I needed to go back home, to my future time that had now, hopefully, been restored. I had fulfilled my mission of protecting my future parents and there would be no more need for me here anymore. After all... there could not be two Byakkos...
"Byakko? What's the matter?" came Crystal's voice from above me. This one was real and I turned to face her as she floated down next to me. She had obviously seen me faze out for a moment and worried, just like a mother should. I smiled. My being her had helped her in more ways that one.
**"Crystal....Mother...it's time for me to go home..."**

((A short time later...))

We were all gathered in the clearing outside the main entrance to the castle as I circled around, making my goodbyes. I assured everybody that we would meet again soon (for me sooner than for them :biggrin:) and I would always remember their kindness. When I made it around to Seiko, who was looking extremely forlorn, I wrapped him in another embrace, burying my face in his shoulder.
**"Don't be sad Seiko. I'll always be here with you. As long as you do me one favor, ok?"**
"What's that?" he asked, his voice shaking with sadness.
**"When I'm born in this present time...be my friend again, ok?"** I giggled lightly and twirled around in middair, giving him a flirtatious wink. Seiko seemed slightly surprised by this request, his eyes wide and blinking quickly, but after a moment he nodded sincerely. I smiled again and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. As I pulled back it was obvious that this action had taken him by even greater surprise because his cheecks had turned a dark shade of red. I then made my way over to the two Mews that had made the greatest impact on me. Arctic and Crystal. I could never fully express how greatful I was for the kindness and love they had given me even though I was not yet their child. I knew my presence had made them a bit uncomfortable, as it would to anyone who saw their future child, but they still accepted me. I wanted to reapy them...I wanted to say something...but nothing came out of my mouth. I couldn't find the right words. I saw Crystal's eyes start to swell with tears and hurried thought of something to say.
**"Crystal...Arctic...Mom and Dad. Thank you...for everything...I..."**
<<"Don't say anything Byakko... it should be me and Crystal thanking you. You've been a great help to us... I'd say we'll miss you but...eh-heh...I guess we'll be seeing you again soon, huh?">> I could hear the nervousness in Arctic's voice when he said this and it triggered something in my memory, causing me to gasp audibly.
**"Oh! That's right! That reminds me! I have something for you two!"** I brought my paws together in front of me and cupped them. I closed my eyes and after a few seconds, two small glowing orbs about the size of peebles appeared in my upturned paws. **"Flashwing, the one from my future time, gave these too me before I left! The don't exist in this time, but their a recent invention in my time! These pills are memory modifiers. You can use them to take away a specific part of your memory or alter it in someway. These two were made specifically for you by Flashwing. If you take them...it will be as I had never come back here, at least to you two. You won't forget me exactly...but you'll be able to get on with your lives naturally without the thought of a future daughter hanging over your heads. It should makes things a little less...uhh...awkward."** I placed the pills in each of their paws and smiled up at them. **"But it's your choice. You don't have to use them of course. I'll leave that up to you."**
"Byakko..." Crystal started and then stopped, unable to finish her sentence. I took her paws in mine and gave her a reassuring nod.
**" I love you both... Take care of things till I arrive, ok?"**
With that I dropped her paws, gave her and Arctic a tight hug, and floated backward into the clearing. I gave everyone a final glance, knowing I would see all of them alive when I returned home. It had been quite a while since I had performed the time traveling technique but I recalled it quickly and put all my focus into it. I clasped my paws in front of me and closed my eyes. I brought the image of my future home into my mind, focusing specifically on the image of the old Flashwing, hoping that he hadn't changed much since my departure. I also recalled other details of my time that would act as anchor points, making sure that I would not overshoot or undershoot my destination. Then, with a great surge of energy and all my strength, I pushed forward into the stream of time. The world faded from view as my body flickered out of the past.

After a few brief moments of cold darkness I reappeared in what appeared to be the exact same spot. The sight that met my eyes made me gasp with relief. Mew Castle stood proudly before me, unscathed and noble as ever. As stared in wonder I heard a voice speak that I recognized instantly as Flashwing.
"Good work, young Byakko. You were successful. Welcome back." The rainbow-colored bird floated down in front of me, looking noticeably less ragged than he had when I had left him. My eyes filled with tears of joy as the thought hit me. I was truely home now...
**"Flashwing..."** I started, close to bursting with all the things I needed to tell him.
"There will be time for that later, young one," he interrupted, knowing exactly what I was going to say. "Right now, your family is waiting for you. They were beginning to wonder where you had scampered off to. Your mother sent me to find you. She and your father and brother were starting to get worried. Come along, Byakko." He turned and flew back toward the beautiful castle. I eagerly followed behind him, wanting to reunite with my mother and father as soon as possible as well as my broth---
**"Wait.... my what?!"**

Mwahaha! And I throw in one last twist at the very end! :biggrin: I will let you two (if B4 will actually post...) respond again before I throw in my last Crystal post, and then we shall be at the end, my friends! *whimper cry*

Bulbasaur4
27th July 2005, 06:44 PM
[color=royalblue]
Sorry about that whole crap... the last few months I was busy, but most of the board saw that and then when everything shifted I just got all... weirded/mixed up.
Really really sorry about that Sarah... I'll whip up a Seiko post. Gotta introduce the lil'one too!

Seiko
[font=tahoma][size=1]

Seiko felt a pain in his heart... as he watched Byakko leave. His eyes glazed over for a bit, a painful swelling burning upon his eye until it finally fell to the ground. He didn't want her to leave... he... he felt as if they weren't meant to be seperated. They were meant to be... together. That kiss she had given him... it made his insides churn and his heart thud heavily against his chest. And in the moment of split joy... she then had turned and gone. In an instant... and he knew, he would not see that exact Byakko ever again. Yes, there was supposed to be another... but would she be the same? Would she be... as beautiful? Strong willed? Caring?
Would she be everything... that she was in the future?
"Seiko?" Crystal said gently, glancing towards the magenta-hued mew. Seiko turned to look at his Aunt, and then suddenly he looked to see his mother...
" She... she..."
Crystal swiftly flew to Seiko's side, perhaps realizing that she indeed had promised to look after Jewel's children. (Children? Jewel had said some thing plural of the sort... but Seiko was only one...)
" She was a very brave Mew. Your mother loved you very much... and she knew that the only way for you to live, was for her to pass away. She wanted to do it though Seiko... she wanted to let you live your own life with out the presense of Far."
Seiko glanced towards Far...
" So... Far was my... my..."
Crystal gave a nod, and it were as if all the puzzles of the pieces fit together. Some how... everyone seemed to gather that Far and Jewel's son, was Seiko. An unlikely couple... and Seiko realized that the reason he had come into being...

" I had a vision." Seiko said, glancing at both Arctic and Crystal.
" This was how I was created... Jewel and Far were battling, and some how they created me without meaning to... but if I am already here, then how come..."
Suddenly, as if all answers ... well, most answers, were to be revealed... a voice rang through the air.

[ Seiko the Seer, you are gaining more insight by the nights and days which wane away through time. Yes... time repeats itself in the future, like a river that goes over the same stone contineously. These are deaths to save your life... but it isn't just yours anymore. That was in the tender future, but because you came from the future, you have affected the moment of your birth. ]

Repturroc seemed to simply fade into reality, her bewitching eyes looking at those who were about. A faint glimmer of mistrust perhaps was in a few of them... except those who were wise enough to figure that Repturroc meant no harm, at least... she had shown no hostility. Her little black draconic wings flapped a little bit, as she suddenly giggled.
[ Simply put, you will have a new sibling. This battle has created a new life... altered because of you, so it will not be you... but some thing new. Some thing important... this was all meant to be, triggered to destiny and fate. ]
A glimmer or glint suddenly seemed to ripple through Repturroc's eyes... as she let a faint smile press upon her features. It was obvious she knew this would happen... but of course, she knew many things would happen. With out her interfering, she knew many many ripples of time that would pass over. She was not to interfere.. although she already had in a way. Punishment perhaps would be in order... but not yet. Not yet anyway.

[ The only thing needed... is a little help. See those glinting auras? ]
Repturroc glanced at Seiko who nodded, but more importantly she glanced to Crystal. Crystal blinked and looked- yes, indeed there were two toned auras or sparkles that seemed to linger int he air where Jewel and Far had battled. In the middle, a few of them swirled together. The more the onlookers stared... the more they swirled, until suddenly a bright ball of energy was beginning to form.

It was magical... it was as if nature was doing some thing it had been doing for ages. Right before their eyes, nature was seeding itself... creating new life out of death, just like it had done since the beginning of time. Perhaps it was though impossible... which it surely should have been, but for some reason... nature demanded a new life be created from the old. The glowing ball grew stronger and stronger... until it released a brilliant flash into the air- a gleaming flash of red. As soon as the flash was released, it temporarily blinded all. Only when the light faded a few moments later... were all the sparkle-like auras gone, and in its place was a brilliant, glowing swirling ball of red.

[ As you can see, Far and Jewel have created new life. I am not supposed to interfere... but I shall offer you some guidance. This new life has been tainted by the red gem which Jewel had held, and then later absorbed. That gem is a key, but to what I cannot tell you. Now it continues through the blood of Jewel and Far's unborn child. This unborn child will not be born until another child is born, because that is the proper time that it SHOULD have been born, even if it had not been tainted- which Seiko would be the outcome for that. It gets complicated... but in all simplistic pleas, take care of this unborn one. The orb is solid like glass, so do not drop it. Care for it... and when it is born, care for it more. Teach it history, do not hide it with secrets. Secrets create hate in the end... and do no good. Obviously with Far's genetics...]

Repturroc stopped speaking, and glanced at them. For once she was perhaps speaking a little more coherently... but it seemed that would be all. She gave a tiny bow, and then within a instant much like how she had came- she faded away.
Seiko glanced at the brilliant glowing orb, and looked at the others.
" This is all confusing... so I don't think I'm going to try to understand the true complex meaning of all of this. But... I do like to think I wouldn't want to be an only child." He offered a smile, that sweet innocence which Seiko had held onto seemed to not be forgotten.

Arctic A
28th September 2005, 06:36 PM
/ Arc

-----------------------------------------------------

We watched silenty as Seiko moved forwards to take the glowing orb into his arms. While it was alive with energy, it was also calm and peaceful...as Seiko took it in his hands, there was no feeling of tension or terror, just a peace that seemed to take us all.
"...It's not heavy or anything!" Seiko laughed, his face the picture of innocence that one could now come to believe as true. I found myself beaming at him, and then at Crystal. She returned the look, and we took eachother into arms, then locked against eachother for a moment, kissing with a flare that in my mind was as bright as any magic that we had witnessed today. I released her, and she kissed me on the nose before flying over beside Seiko.
"We'll look out for you both." She smiled, turning back to look at me. I nodded without a word. The feeling inside me was a strange one, but one that I remembered, and one that I had missed.

Again, I found myself sitting atop the Castle battlements, gazing out at the beautiful display that was the sunset of a peaceful day. Tornado stood beside me, looking as stern as ever, yet I could tell quite easily that he felt the same way I did.
<< Torn? >>
"Aye?"
<<< It's not going to last. I say we enjoy it while we can. >>>
Tornado gave me a hearty smile before hitting me across the head with a quickly outstreched wing.
"I suppose, fatherhood is one of the greatest challenges of all..." A moment of recollection flashed across his face, but was gone as quickly as it came. Tornado could still deal with his family's murder in his own way.
<<< Not quite what I meant. But you're right, I suppose. >>>
"Byakko was a fine child...your child." He smiled again.

<<< Crys and I will do the best we can...with Byakko, Seiko and the unborn...three isn't too much, is it? >>>
"Try seven."

Tornado chuckled and turned away, patting me on the shoulder before departing. It seemed to grow a bit colder as he left...it's strangem, really, just how much warmth and comfort everyone around me was capable of providing.Those images of a glowing purple box falling to us from the skies and the two great birds perching upon the battlements side by side what seemed now like an age ago, all flashed through my mind...I grinned to myself, and looked out upon the sunset. Hard times, but i'd always have my friends and my love there beside me to take it all...although...

<<< ...i havn't slept in days... >>>

sometimes, even a hard stone battlement can be the warmest place to journey into one's own dreams.

/ end Arc commentary