PDA

View Full Version : The countdown has officially started: Pokémon HG/SS gets a release date!

Master Rudy
14th December 2009, 11:22 PM
Well it's finally official. In a December 14th report, Gamespot has reported that Nintendo has put out their release schedule for the first quarter of 2010. The report has Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver listed with a US release date of March 14th, 2010. As for the European market there is still no official word other than the fact that it's going to be a second quarter release. However seeing that Pokémon Platinum saw it's European release two months to the day after the US release, it may be safe to say that we're currently looking at a May or June release for them.

Let the countdown and pre-orders commence!

Jeff
15th December 2009, 07:16 AM
Yup, time to put that countdown timer back on the site!

Rossymore
15th December 2009, 09:49 AM
Well that's good for you guys, I'll only be going 'WAHOO!!!' when I hear the European release date.

At least I've got some stuff to write about for Friday.

Drusilla
15th December 2009, 10:00 AM
Uh... March 14th is a Sunday? Do they release games on a Sunday? O_o

I only know this because that's exactly a week before my birthday... <_<;;

GameStop told me beginning of April when I preordered this past week. *shrugs* I'd be very pleased if it does indeed come out March 14th. Early birthday present from Nintendo. =D

Jeff
15th December 2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah, Nintendo games have usually come out on Sunday.

Telume
15th December 2009, 11:09 AM
Mark your calendars boys and girls, Generation 2 is making its triumphant return.

Master Rudy
15th December 2009, 08:49 PM
GameStop told me beginning of April when I preordered this past week. *shrugs* I'd be very pleased if it does indeed come out March 14th. Early birthday present from Nintendo. =D

The general rule with Gamestop dates is never take them as official until you've heard the official date straight from the publisher. If the publisher is only giving an estimate such as "Second Quarter, 2010" then Gamestop will waste no time in setting the game up as "Release date: 4/1/10"

They do that so that it'll be in their computer system for the pre-orders but as I'm sure you can imagine it causes a ton of problems. When WoW: Cataclysm was announced on August 23rd they had a release date of 11/1/10 up on Gamestop's website within 24 hours. Because of this Act-Bliz got flooded with questions/complaints at Blizcon and on their website since the developers had said that they plan to have it out before Blizcon 2010. They actually had to force GS to put a disclaimer up saying that it's an unofficial date.

So yeah.....never trust a Gamestop date. I've had more than a few cases of being told a date by them and then when I ask if it's official the first words I usually hear are "Well you see.....", "I don't know" or a flat out lie/asspull :-/

Telume
16th December 2009, 02:25 PM
The general rule with Gamestop dates is never take them as official until you've heard the official date straight from the publisher. If the publisher is only giving an estimate such as "Second Quarter, 2010" then Gamestop will waste no time in setting the game up as "Release date: 4/1/10"

They do that so that it'll be in their computer system for the pre-orders but as I'm sure you can imagine it causes a ton of problems. When WoW: Cataclysm was announced on August 23rd they had a release date of 11/1/10 up on Gamestop's website within 24 hours. Because of this Act-Bliz got flooded with questions/complaints at Blizcon and on their website since the developers had said that they plan to have it out before Blizcon 2010. They actually had to force GS to put a disclaimer up saying that it's an unofficial date.

So yeah.....never trust a Gamestop date. I've had more than a few cases of being told a date by them and then when I ask if it's official the first words I usually hear are "Well you see.....", "I don't know" or a flat out lie/asspull :-/

Never trust ANY source until there's an official announcement.

Master Rudy
16th December 2009, 11:03 PM
Never trust ANY source until there's an official announcement.

Most people seem to know this but still......when it comes to Gamestop anyway you'd be surprised at how many people I've seen over the years go "But Gamestop said the date is _____!" :rolleyes:

abunaidesu
17th December 2009, 11:35 PM
oh my god let's get a real date so i can add it to google calendar plz

Master Rudy
18th December 2009, 12:06 AM
oh my god let's get a real date so i can add it to google calendar plz

*points back up to his first post*
Confirmed as March 14th...... :P

pokemasterfrank
25th December 2009, 05:27 PM
I'd like to make a note that, as opposed to years of neglect, we WILL be getting the shiny toy that comes with the game. Pokewalker action :D