PDA

View Full Version : Official release date!

Master Rudy
14th December 2009, 11:27 PM
Well if you haven't seen my news post yet it's now official. HG/SS are going to be released in the United States on March 14th, 2010!

So has anyone pre-ordered yet? Once I get paid this weekend I'm going to be putting $5 down at Gamestop on Silver ^_~

Telume
15th December 2009, 01:35 AM
Are you serious? Where did you find the info?

Master Rudy
15th December 2009, 02:18 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6242938.html

Right there. I was randomly browsing GameFAQ's for unrelated info and that news report popped up in their headlines. I posted it in the TPM News forum in the hopes that we could actually break something big before any of the other Pokémon sites could.

Telume
15th December 2009, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately Serebii beat us to it sort of, but they have it as the unofficial release day.

Master Rudy
15th December 2009, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately Serebii beat us to it sort of, but they have it as the unofficial release day.

Somehow I'm not surprised that they got it up first. Even so I'd like to know how they can argue with the date when that's Nintendo's own release list for first quarter. I highly doubt Gamespot would be reporting it as official if they didn't get it from them :-/

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
16th December 2009, 12:19 PM
I'll get the Soul Silver version for sure, with the Japanese version I wasn't really able to do any of the Pokéthlon events - and understanding what they say in the game won't hurt either. :P

Telume
16th December 2009, 12:38 PM
Screw getting one, I'm getting BOTH.

Poryhedron
16th December 2009, 09:11 PM
So far, the only thing I know about the differences between the two is this info:

GOLD / SILVER
Mankey / Meowth
Growlithe / Vulpix
Spinarak / Ledyba
Mantine / Delibird
Gligar / Skarmory
Phanpy / Teddiursa
Sableye Swarm / Mawile Swarm
Baltoy Swarm / Gulpin Swarm
Kyogre / Groudon
Lugia is L70 / Lugia is L45
Houou is L45 / Houou is L70

Based on that, I'm getting Soul Silver; I'd love to know anything about other differences, though. I wonder how many are getting Heart Gold, since Soul Silver seems to be a favorite so far.

Telume
16th December 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm getting both, purely because I liked the generation and I've always made it a habit TO get all the versions. I dunno I guess I'm just a nut.

I don't really get the whole version vs. version convention aside from you like 1 legendary over the other or a pokemon you like appears in one version and so on....

mr_pikachu
16th December 2009, 09:42 PM
I'll definitely be getting both. However, I usually make a point of getting the second one first, like a tradition of sorts, so SS will precede HG.

DarkestLight
17th December 2009, 06:34 AM
I get HG. I got G before, so heck, why change it now?

Link
22nd December 2009, 10:27 AM
I'm going to be at least getting one, preferably SS. But I'll see if I can save some money and get both when they come out.