PDA

View Full Version : Worst Pokemon Ever?

Houndoom_Lover
21st December 2009, 10:31 AM
I was looking up Paras...:c It makes me sad to think of how unused and damagy they can be. They might be the worse Pokemon ever...

Who do you think is the worst?

Telume
21st December 2009, 11:45 AM
Farfetch'd or Pachirisu

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
21st December 2009, 01:50 PM
Well it depends what you consider bad. I'm not too fond of Paras either ... but what I find worse are the Pokémon that aren't too strong in combat and don't even evolve. Parasec was at one point half decent (like ten years ago) at least.

Still, IMO the worst Pokémon ever is Probopass. Just look at it, it's a giant nose with a curly mustache and a hat. It's looking so totally absurd and ridiculous ... it's worse than Bidoof and Paras squared.

Blademaster
21st December 2009, 03:37 PM
ARCEUS.

For so many fucking reasons.

Mr. Brightside
21st December 2009, 03:46 PM
Are we talking about appearance or statuses? Or both?

If we are talking about appearance half of the 4th generation is horrendous looking. Nintendo ruined Togepi and Togetic with that weird flying thing as well as they did with Magmar and Electabuzz.

Kurosakura
21st December 2009, 04:10 PM
Male Combee.

'Nuff said.

DarkestLight
21st December 2009, 07:09 PM
Male Combee are awesome.

Igglybuff. Hands down.

Drago
21st December 2009, 07:32 PM

If we are talking about appearance half of the 4th generation is horrendous looking. Nintendo ruined Togepi and Togetic with that weird flying thing as well as they did with Magmar and Electabuzz.
Agreed on two accounts; Togetic is cute and lovable... why did they turn its evolution into a friggin' jet plane? And Magmortar is just this massive obese looking thing, though Magmar was never really an attractive Pokemon either. I actually kinda like Electivire, though.

I've made no secrets about the Pokemon I've always liked least. Exeggcute. I mean, it's a friggin' cluster of eggs - how random is that! Not to mention, I often wonder what's with the cracked one without a face. Is it in actual fact a dead piece of the Exeggcute? And there's another one with a crack in its skull who always looks dazed - in essence, the mentally handicapped egg of the 'cute. What a weird-ass Pogey.

I've never liked Dunsparce, either. They just seem quite pointless to me.

DarkestLight
21st December 2009, 10:44 PM
Dunsparce are awesome ;_; They're useful as surprise guests for tea parties.

DivineAll
22nd December 2009, 03:48 AM
I've always found Pikachu "clones" after Generation 2 to be ridiculous. I know Pikachu is the somewhat unofficial mascot and all, but have 3 look-alikes outside it's evolutionary pattern? Kinda annoying, if you ask me. If there's a 5th Generation, I assure you there's gonna be an Electric-type that looks like Pikachu.

Jeff
22nd December 2009, 08:34 AM

Ruined FOREVER! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER)

I'll say the same thing here that I've said before about this subject. Yes, Magmorter is pretty ugly looking, but that doesn't make Magmar automatically ugly as well.

Dark Sage
22nd December 2009, 09:27 AM
Delibird.

It's a weird bird that looks like Santa Claus that only learns one move on its own, which is a novelty attack. And its stats are terrible, so there's no sense in wasting TMs on it. Worst pokemon ever.

Telume
22nd December 2009, 11:01 AM
If we were going on looks.... Electivire.

1. Was the evolution REALLY necessary?

2. If yes, why did they make it look like a damn pedophile?

Houndoom_Lover
22nd December 2009, 10:59 PM
We're doing everything ^w^ Looks, stats-whatever your heart desires.

The newest ones have a certain brand of awful :c Pachirisu pisses me off. You know, the newest Eevee evolutions. They didn't even try. They have lame character designs and awful names. Leafoen...really? Makes me angry >w>

And Rydon's evolution. NOT NESSISARY!

Arceus was a good idea--if they didn't already have a backstory for the Pokemon. Way to RUIN EVERYTHING!! :L This is why we can't have nice things

Dark Sage
23rd December 2009, 04:36 AM
Arceus was a good idea--if they didn't already have a backstory for the Pokemon. Way to RUIN EVERYTHING!! :L This is why we can't have nice things

Arceus is perhaps living proof of an age-old axiom: no matter how strong you are, there's always someone or something stronger.

Oh course, being the God of Pokemon, I doubt anything in the Pokemon world can top Arceus.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd December 2009, 05:06 AM
:L Tell that to me when we get a fighting ledgendary. Arceus shoulda came ???? and had normal plate put on it.

Also Leafeon...That fucker.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
23rd December 2009, 06:50 AM
Vineon would've been cooler.

Worst pokemon ever is Luvdisc.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd December 2009, 01:49 PM
Luvdisc is fulla of luv :0

Vineon, Gladeseon- anything!!! Leafeon is like a bad fakemon name >w> And the way it evolves is lame. They shoulda stayed consistant.

Blademaster
23rd December 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh course, being the God of Pokemon, I doubt anything in the Pokemon world can top Arceus.

Mew. The REAL god of Pokemon. That's what tops Arceus.

abunaidesu
23rd December 2009, 02:53 PM
Magikarp is awesome. Haters can fuck off.

Mr. Brightside
23rd December 2009, 03:32 PM
And Rydon's evolution. NOT NECESSARY!

Ha? Rhydon got an evolution? Wow...

Yeap i have no idea about the 4th generation. But on that account, i seriously hope that they will leave Lapras alone. If they try to add an evolution to Lapras then i'm 100% off and i will stop playing the games. I'm afraid of the day that this will come true.

It is as if they evolve Pokemon just for the heck of it. It gets on my nerves! WTH they evolved Murkrow? It looks like a freaking alien wizard or something!

Heald
23rd December 2009, 04:24 PM
I've always flat-out hated rock Pokemon. The only reason they seem to exist is to provide tanks early in the quests, then as soon as you get access to better water or grass types (or you evolve your starter to the point they start learning the better moves of their type), their use completely disappears. The only one I ever used to any degree was Aron, and I dropped him way before he got anywhere near evolving.

Otherwise, all baby Pokemon. They have no use whatsoever. I don't mind some of the new evolutions to old Pokemon, I just wish they wouldn't give them such stupid methods of evolving them, such as find random item and level-up or trade or whatever.

Also, Ampharos, just because I got so used to calling him Denryu beforehand. I actually loved the Pokemon, the name change just threw me.

toucheiruka
23rd December 2009, 06:12 PM
Paras and Parasect

4x weakness to fire and then with the Dry Skin Ability making it 5x equals a shitty pokemon.

Dark Sage
23rd December 2009, 06:25 PM
Mew. The REAL god of Pokemon. That's what tops Arceus.

Oh, please, I'd rather have a Pokemon with outstanding stats who can use Judgment instead of one with mediocre stats that can use Metronome.

I mean even Mew's evil "son" is stronger than it is.

Blademaster
23rd December 2009, 07:34 PM
Let's put 'stats' in a realistic (as realistic as Pokemon get) perspective, shall we?

An Onix has a base attack stat of 45. A Magikarp has a base defense stat of 55. Going by that game-restricted nonsensical logic, Onix cannot crush a Magikarp like an insect simply by Tackling it, despite being 20 times its size.

If you want a more drastic example, how about Magcargo? Magcargo's special attack stat and Ivysaur's special defense stat are identical. Which means that an Ivysaur's small and highly flammable sprout is an even match for fire breathed by a creature with a body temperature hot enough to ionize hydrogen.

You starting to see why I think stats can be taken with a grain of salt?

Dark Sage
23rd December 2009, 07:44 PM
Let's put 'stats' in a realistic (as realistic as Pokemon get) perspective, shall we?

An Onix has a base attack stat of 45. A Magikarp has a base defense stat of 55. Going by that game-restricted nonsensical logic, Onix cannot crush a Magikarp like an insect simply by Tackling it, despite being 20 times its size.

If you want a more drastic example, how about Magcargo? Magcargo's special attack stat and Ivysaur's special defense stat are identical. Which means that an Ivysaur's small and highly flammable sprout is an even match for fire breathed by a creature with a body temperature hot enough to ionize hydrogen.

You starting to see why I think stats can be taken with a grain of salt?

Arceus is also much bigger than Mew, and far more intimidating. And I happen to know that in the most recent movie, centuries ago, Arceus defeated an army of Pokemon that someone used to try to defeat it.

All right, from a more realistic point of view...

I think that Mew is an aspect of Arceus, who is the true God of Pokemon. Nothing more.

Houndoom_Lover
25th December 2009, 01:05 AM
But Mew can turn into Arceus :0

As of now, still hatin' on Leafeon

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th December 2009, 02:38 AM
Rock pokemon are the luv. They're like steel pokemon, but less popular.

Farfetch'ed? Lumineon? Kricketune?

Dark Scizor
25th December 2009, 05:44 AM
Mr. Mime.

Always was, and always will be, a bag of shit.

Telume
25th December 2009, 01:28 PM
Mr. Mime.

Always was, and always will be, a bag of shit.

I'm willing to bet you don't like it because of how it looks, but if you look at it from a battle perspective it has quite a few uses, it can Learn Baton Pass and has a few pretty good stats which means given a few boosts it can pack a wallop.

Andrew
25th December 2009, 05:39 PM
My Mr Mime can totes smack you the fuck around.

Chris 2.1
26th December 2009, 06:56 PM
I kind of dig Kriketune and Mr Mime. I hate the Wormadam Pokemon, they are pretty pointless. And Mothim. AND Mantyke, Happiny, baby Pokemon etc etc.

Dark Scizor
28th December 2009, 11:41 AM
I'm willing to bet you don't like it because of how it looks
Pretty much.

Telume
28th December 2009, 01:36 PM
I figured, lol.

ChobiChibi
28th December 2009, 03:13 PM
I hate Wailord. I called mine Bigfatugly for obvious reasons.

DarkestLight
28th December 2009, 06:44 PM
Wailord is a lil slow. :o Thats why its eyes are so small. Thats why its ugly. But its really not :O

Mr. Brightside
1st January 2010, 03:53 PM
How did i forgot! That fat cat! I don't know the name but there's this 4th generation fat cat Pokemon that it is horrendous to look at!

It bugs me because its previous evolution is a pretty good looking Pokemon and then it turns into an obese cat...

Blademaster
1st January 2010, 07:32 PM
Purugly. It's MADE to be hideous. Same with it's pre-Evo, Glameow. 'Glame' is part of the base of it's name for God's sake.

toucheiruka
2nd January 2010, 01:01 PM
Slakoth and Slaking

Truant pisses me off to no end and I don't have the patience for it.

Telume
3rd January 2010, 11:17 PM
Slakoth and Slaking

Truant pisses me off to no end and I don't have the patience for it.

That's actually a preventive measure though, 'cause if you look at Slaking's base stats it's actually very scary. It would actually be borderline cheap.

Jeff
4th January 2010, 10:14 AM
Skill swap. That is all.

EngiMatikul
4th January 2010, 02:22 PM
omg wtf Paras is such an awesome bug :(

Hoppip sucks much more :( they're weeds.

Whismurs are freaky too.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
5th January 2010, 06:45 AM
Hoppip is awesome.

DarkestLight
5th January 2010, 10:56 PM
Hoppip is ultimate sex on air with no strings attached.

Blademaster
6th January 2010, 11:29 AM
Hoppip was the beginning of the downfall of Grass Pokemon. It wasn't until Gen 3 came along that the vacuum created by Hoppip, Sunkern, and Chikorita was filled with awesome type combos and general non-suckitude.

Mr. Brightside
6th January 2010, 04:06 PM
Purugly. It's MADE to be hideous. Same with it's pre-Evo, Glameow. 'Glame' is part of the base of it's name for God's sake.

I may sound stupid but what does "Glame" mean? I searched on dictionaries and couldn't find it. In my defense English is not my native language.

Now. Magnezone. Ruined.

Blademaster
7th January 2010, 04:24 AM
"Glame" is a slang term meaning a combination of "gay" and "lame."

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th January 2010, 06:14 AM
You know, I asked myself the same question a week ago, but I googled it.

Yesh.

Also, ASB makes a lot of sucky pokemon worth while. So hurray for random online fantasy games.

Heald
7th January 2010, 06:16 AM
WHY HASN'T NOSEPASS BEEN MENTIONED YET

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th January 2010, 06:21 AM
I like nosepass :(

shazza
7th January 2010, 06:44 AM
I don't understand most of the Pokemon you guys are listing; therefore, I hate them all.

Dark Sage
7th January 2010, 11:46 AM
Nosepass is okay.

Probopass, however, is really dumb, despite being a Rock/Steel with okay capabilities. There are a few things that Pokemon simply don't look good with, and a moustache is one of them.

Mr. Brightside
7th January 2010, 03:38 PM
"Glame" is a slang term meaning a combination of "gay" and "lame."

Oh ok thanks.

Nosepass is okay.

Probopass, however, is really dumb, despite being a Rock/Steel with okay capabilities. There are a few things that Pokemon simply don't look good with, and a moustache is one of them.

Agree.

Lets face it though. Half, if not most of the 4th generation looks like mutated Digimon that invaded the Pokemon world XD Something like that.

Heald
8th January 2010, 08:32 AM
There are too many:

Rock Pokemon
Bug Pokemon
Cat Pokemon
Baby Pokemon
Useless Fish Pokemon
Crappy Bird types
etc.

Weasel Overlord
14th January 2010, 10:25 AM
Farfetch'ed? Lumineon? Kricketune?

Aw, I have a Lumineon on my Platinum and it's awesome! It learns some right random moves (Bounce, wtf?) and it makes this epicly adorable noise when you bring it out. I <3 my fishie.

I am biased to Fire and Dark types. So I mostly hate: Water, Bug, Fighting and Grass types. Exceptions: Milotic, my Fishie, Vaporeon, Scyther, Chikorita-line and the giant Island Colossus-line. I don't think I like a single Bug or Fighting type. Blergh. OH WAIT the little Honeycomb dude. D'aaw its little happy face. Squee.

Blademaster
14th January 2010, 11:54 AM
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp96/Zeromus-EG/heracross.png

This is Heracross. He is flipping you off.

Houndoom_Lover
20th January 2010, 03:05 AM
He's so lame, he doesn't even get a picture. 'Baby' Pokemon annoy me to no end. By some freakish logic, arn't all base stage Pokemon babies...?

I'll never know how Pikachu can push eggs the size of them out their birthing cannal...

Oslo
22nd January 2010, 05:23 PM
Probopass is just... wow.

Personally, I was mega-disappointed by Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit. A single-type legendary trio that all essentially look the same? Laaame.

Relicanth is also hugely underwhelming.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
22nd January 2010, 06:22 PM
Togekiss is a bloody egg with wings and added weight problems. It saddens me.

DarkestLight
23rd January 2010, 02:27 AM
Togekiss rocks your world.

Anyway. Worst = Diglett. We still don't know WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE :o! WORST-MYSTERY-BODY-TYPE-EVER

Houndoom_Lover
28th January 2010, 03:33 AM
>: Where is my post?

It's a horrible horrible monster

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/230/b/7/Dugtrio_Underneath_the_Surface_by_SaladBowl.jpg

mr_pikachu
28th January 2010, 06:49 AM
Why, Deviantart? Why do you do this to my brain?

...Ahem. Dunsparce. Because the anime writers fell all over themselves just trying to BS a "Toddlers think Dunsparce is cool!" episode.

Also, Matt (Link 10) is a DUNSPARCE!

Dark Sage
3rd February 2010, 09:50 AM
Personally, I was mega-disappointed by Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit. A single-type legendary trio that all essentially look the same? Laaame.

Uxie,Azelf, and Mesprit were plot devices for the storyline of D/P. As far as usable Pokemon go, they were pretty much the same, but you weren't really supposed to battle with them.